Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
Here's a new one for me. It always kind of bugged me that Sailor Moon would revert to her Princess form for big fights, especially once it was revealed that she would someday be Queen. But again, it seems like the anime team went off on their own with this. I mean, in the manga and Crystal, it becomes clear that Sailor Moon/Usagi wants to have a life separate of her old Princess identity. Furthermore, in all continuities, the Princess was pretty much defenseless. That's why she needed the Inners to look after her on the Moon. But in the anime, if there's a big fight or something, Sailor Moon turns into a princess.

Beryl fight? Princess.
Wiseman fight? Well... Princess dress, but kind-of Neo-Queen. I'll give a pass to this one, I guess.
Sailor Moon R Movie? Princess.
SuperS finale? Princess.
Final Stars fight (before she unleashes her true power by going stark naked)? Princess.

It's pretty and all, but it's kind of irritating. Especially since they didn't have her turn into the Queen in SuperS/Stars like in the manga...

Maybe she should've transformed into PSM instead for those occasions, then. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:34 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
It always kind of bugged me that Sailor Moon would revert to her Princess form for big fights, especially once it was revealed that she would someday be Queen. But again, it seems like the anime team went off on their own with this. I mean, in the manga and Crystal, it becomes clear that Sailor Moon/Usagi wants to have a life separate of her old Princess identity. Furthermore, in all continuities, the Princess was pretty much defenseless. That's why she needed the Inners to look after her on the Moon. But in the anime, if there's a big fight or something, Sailor Moon turns into a princess.

She wasn't Sailor Moon back in the Moon Kingdom and therefore had no power or combat experience to fight her own fights. It's different now that Usagi is both a princess and a warrior.

Post subject: Fandom Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I never want to see another "omg Hollywood Sailor Moon movie!" topic again. It's a terrible idea and even Naoko thinks so.

What do you wish Sailor Moon fans would just stop doing? :P

Post subject: Re: Fandom Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:23 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I never want to see another "omg Hollywood Sailor Moon movie!" topic again. It's a terrible idea and even Naoko thinks so.

What do you wish Sailor Moon fans would just stop doing? :P

pretty much that and bad mouthing the old dub or rather just bad mouthing any version in general
can't we all just agree that there's a version for every type of fan?

[I hope we can keep this thread civil I don't want to have to cauldron this ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:23 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Complaining about Crystal. It's been almost 3 years since Crystal aired & people still complain about it despite knowing that (1) it is a straight adaptation of the manga and (2) it is made by a company that produces cheap anime.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Complaining about Crystal. It's been almost 3 years since Crystal aired & people still complain about it despite knowing that (1) it is a straight adaptation of the manga and (2) it is made by a company that produces cheap anime.

That

Mines is people who bash people for like senshi x shitnou or bashing others in general for liking another version .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:59 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Moon Princess
People complaining about Crystal and picking it apart frame by frame or subtitle by subtitle. :o

People who bash the Dic and Cloverway dubs. :o

People who bash the 90s anime. :o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:03 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
-When people still claim that Naoko was the reason DiC (and ADV) didn't have episode 67 of R when every other country had it at the time.

-When people still claim that Naoko hates the old English dub and it was why the licenses were pulled...in 2004-2005...when it also happened worldwide (outside Japan) and affected the manga.
Not counting the other countries which had similar issues and yet got most of their dubs re-released.

-When people still think that Vanessa Mae produced the best theme ever (yes, this is still a thing).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:05 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: L gon give it to ya!
People who hate on Crystal - WE GET IT.

And people who praise only one thing (like a certain dub) and utterly bash upon everything else. Look, we respect what you think about what you like, but don't rub your hates and likes into us!

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:08 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lingering Spirit
Clow wrote:

This x1,000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:15 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Wasn't there an exact thread about this a few years ago?

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:

We complain not "despite", we complain "because": (1) it is a straight adaptation of the manga and (2) it is made by a company that produces cheap anime.

And also point (3): We have nothing else to do anyway. P-:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Crystal haters really do have nothing else to do anyway besides complain when it's offseason. :o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:13 am 
Luna
Luna
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Yup, as I already said it's becoming really annoying with the increasing number of "Why is(n't)/are(n't) this/these like that/those" discussions. It may sound ironic but, on my book(s), that's not what the Discussion area is made for.

And to top it all, this sadly is not the first and only Webforum in which I experienced that effect. In several communities, respected long-time members and Admins quit due to time schedules, health or other personal reasons and leave/left it to the wolves pubescent noobs with dyslexia, a lack of discipline or whatever.

I beg these folks: This forum is - at foremost - meant to be fun, please don't make it insufferable to those who want to enjoy it. Take your complaints and flamewars somewhere else, in the name of the 7!

Last edited by Onuzim Ima on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
In fairness, when you have a forum for a 20 year old TV show, topics are going to be repeated a lot. For my fandom pet peeves, I'm so totally over dub wars in general. I just don't see the point of arguing if Viz or DiC is better. Like it's fine if it's a fun discussion but some fans get really heated and rude about it when there's really no reason to. Like in this day and age, it's easy to watch both the Viz dub and Japanese version. Even the DiC and Cloverway dubs aren't hard to find if you don't mind using unofficial sources. But when I was growing up as a Moonie, the DiC dub was what we were forced to watch unless you were one of those lucky Moonies to know somebody you can trade VHS fansubs with. There was no Crunchyroll or Hulu back then, and when the sub finally came out, you had to spend $150 for each set and the dub was $20 for only six episodes. Modern Sailor Moon fandom doesn't know how good they have it and it's very easy nowadays to find whatever favorite dub of the show you like, but fans act like it's a life or death battle all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:00 am 
Planeta
Planeta
People who unfairly bash certain characters or try to paint them as awful people. Usually Chibiusa and Mamoru get the worst of this but I also see people bash the Outers, Rei, Usagi etc. That ignorant website Moon Sisters even did a article bashing Luna. Usually as well these authors ignore the negative traits in the characters they like but bash the daylights out of the ones they do not.

Bigots in the fandom like racists, sexists, homophobes etc. You don't see too much of the former two or the 3rd but I have ran into some Sailor Moon homophobes and transphobes. Usually they hold these views for religious reasons. I even knew one person on deviantart who made these pictures of her fan created Chibi Senshi and basically turned Haruka and Michiru straight and said she did so because her religion opposed homosexuality yet oddly enough kept Rei being a Shinto Priestess. When I responded that it was hypocritical to make Haruka and Michiru straight but not Christianize Rei a Pagan when both are considered equally bad according to her religion she basically got mad and blocked me. Oddly enough Pagan Mars was her favorite character. I last heard she quit deviantart because too many people were calling her out on her bigotry and hypocrisy. It just seems odd to be a fan of a series saturated with gay characters when you personally have an issue with gay people.

People who can't take criticism or even just friendly help. I had two people blocked me one for making a constructive criticism on her fanfiction. I was not cruel on mean I was just giving her work my critique on something I felt lacking and another person blocked me simply because I again in as friendly a way possible informed them that an idea they did violate the canon of the series.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:02 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
MariaTenebre wrote:
People who can't take criticism or even just friendly help. I had two people blocked me one for making a constructive criticism on her fanfiction. I was not cruel on mean I was just giving her work my critique on something I felt lacking and another person blocked me simply because I again in as friendly a way possible informed them that an idea they did violate the canon of the series.

How did they violate the canon? :oh:

See more sprites at

http://sailorstarsbeyond.com/viewforum. ... b441274b94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Mostly I just tire of the cynicism of the fandom as a whole at times.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:22 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Other:
Shipping usagi and mamoru and thinking that they're best couple ever -sorry guys they arent that perfect.i also don't like it when fans are exxagerating their age difference.

Hating chibiusa -even i started to like her,pls,she's just a little girl after all :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:42 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Heated Shipping wars. This is usually for fandoms in general, but since Sailor Moon is my favorite, it's especially annoying. It's fine having a different preference with couples, but I hate how people say how perfect one couple is while tearing opposing couples down.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Other: Makoto's Husband XD
When some fans have a favourite version and try to convince everybody that this is the ultimate version of it and when anybody points something or merely makes a joke, they get attacked with "you are a hater!" or something like that...

litacan wrote:
Hating chibiusa -even i started to like her,pls,she's just a little girl after all :mrgreen:

Yes, i didn't like her too much at first but i ended liking her at the end (tbh i missed her in stars :blue: ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Odango Goddess
litacan wrote:
Shipping usagi and mamoru and thinking that they're best couple ever -sorry guys they arent that perfect.

I can totally agree here P-:

Attachments:
no chiba x usa.jpg
no chiba x usa.jpg [ 36.54 KiB | Viewed 521 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:26 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
People who view the anime incarnation of the characters as the definite versions of the characters. Like, I will admit this is really specific, but there are people who get mad at fanart of Haruka dressing feminine, saying that it's 'inaccurate' and she 'never dresses feminine outside of when she's Uranus'. Sure, in the anime she only ever dresses in more masculine/tomboyish clothing, but in the manga (and Crystal, by extension), she dresses feminine.

Really this just annoys because can we at least have ONE lesbian couple in fiction that isn't a butch/femme pairing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What about ReixMinako, ChibiusaxHotaru, and AluminumSeirenxLeadCrow? :tongue:

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
NJ_ wrote:
-When people still think that Vanessa Mae produced the best theme ever (yes, this is still a thing).

Does anyone know who made it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
rgveda99 wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

How did they violate the canon? :oh:

Well on the one that violated canon they basically had a Senshi that was both Senshi of the Sun and Nemesis. I simply reminded her again in a nice way that in the Sailor Moon canon Senshi can only be Senshi of one celestial object and there can not be two or more Senshi of the same celestial object.

litacan wrote:
Shipping usagi and mamoru and thinking that they're best couple ever -sorry guys they arent that perfect.i also don't like it when fans are exxagerating their age difference.

They aren't perfect but they are still a great couple that loves each other dearly. However yes they both do have flaws.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:40 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I really hate how the people who own big fansites think they're too good for this forum, when they used to be members here. :o It annoys me how they have their stupid twitter cliques.

I also hate how Miss Dream excepts people to pay them money to translate Japanese Sailor Moon stuff when they should be doing it for free. :o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:09 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
When people needlessly pick apart a character or an aspect of the series to absurd extents that border on either obsessive hate or willful ignorance.

Or when the extreme opposite occurs when someone make valid critiques about things like actual plot holes or continuity errors, and people respond with things like "It's just a cartoon, not real. Stop thinking too hard about it and just suspend your disbelief more. Don't question it and just accept it for how it is!"

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 am 
Planeta
Planeta
MementoNepenthe wrote:
What about ReixMinako, ChibiusaxHotaru, and AluminumSeirenxLeadCrow? :tongue:

I actually love Aluminum Seiren/Lead Crow the rest I don't care for.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Other:
^^^ i love ReixMinako especially in fanfics.i'm neutral about the others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next