Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
The scene still makes more sense in the original for Usagi to willingly give it to Rei especially since this was her plan from the start as opposed to the dub making up this new explanation that Serena left it behind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Of course I love Sailor Moon in all of its forms, but here are some of my pet peeves:

General Pet Peeves
    "Sailor Aluminum Seiren" and "Amazones Quartetto" have been popularized thanks to Miller's Dies Gaudii articles on these matters, but I disagree with both transliterations. I'll probably make my own thread about this.

The fandom is too obsessed with fighting itself (Crystal opinions, dub vs. sub, etc.) and fighting the creator of Sailor Moon (lots of Takeuchi hate around here) for my taste.

Fan-made Sailor Senshi and "Otaku Senshi" annoy me. I don't know why.

Too many people misinterpreting events from the 90s anime or misreading what's in the text of the manga.

Manga
    The writing/plot direction itself is rather weak in the first few arcs. It improves as the manga goes on, but it doesn't become anything amazing.

Limited characterization for the Inners and Outers, as well as most of the villains.

We can't ever seem to get a decent English translation! Hopefully the Eternal Edition will solve this.

As a collector of the manga in its various forms, the many different variations of the Tokyopop books (as well as the poor binding) makes it hard to collect those early volumes.

90s Anime
    The filler episodes are often entertaining and fun to watch, but there are WAY TOO MANY of them!

The Outers were completely shafted in SuperS. I love that season but it could've been so much better.

The English dub will never be good enough for me. The DiC dub had good voice actors but also had censorship issues and they never got to finish the show; Cloverway picked up where they left off with worse voices, and it's still incomplete. The Viz dub doesn't have censorship problems, but I just don't like modern English dubs because dubbing studios hire the same actors over and over again, and everyone sounds mostly the same.

I like SuperS and Sailor Stars, but they differed more from the manga than the preceding seasons did -- and these were the seasons that absoolutely needed to be more like the manga.

Chibi Chibi as Galaxia's Star Seed is the dumbest idea ever. It completely neuters Galaxia as a character and takes away any relevance to the foreshadowing throughout the season (of people saying that Chibi Chibi resembles Usagi). It also eliminates the Sailor Cosmos potential that they obviously wanted to go with until what looks like a last-minute change.

I'll never get over the break-up arc. So dumb.

Sera Myu (Not counting La Reconquista onwards)
    The first two shows (Gaiden Dark Kingdom, Ai no Senshi he no Michi) have not aged well. The costumes, wigs, etc. are hard to watch in those early shows. Thankfully it gets better.

Depending on the show you watch, you might end up with actors who perfectly embody their roles or actors who couldn't be more wrong for the role.

Starlights - Ryuusei Densetsu. Everything about it.

Marina isn't human.

Nobody seems to have high-quality versions of the musicals, probably because of how they were filmed.

They can get a bit zany/weird, so most fans don't even bother to give the Sera Myu shows a chance -- they feel inaccessible in some ways.

Earlier shows didn't know what to do with new characters (Uranus and Neptune debuted in Ai no Senshi he no Michi but they barely did anything, had limited lines, and were not important to the plot at all).

Later shows kept on repeating the Eien Densetsu formula of Galaxia reviving Queen Beryl and the Shitennou. It was cool the first time, but it got old rather quickly.

The Dracul series is the best batch of musicals IMO, but they can be very confusing for first-time viewers -- even moreso than Sera Myu in general.

Two of Marina's shows (the new Kaguya Island shows) were remakes of the earlier Kaguya Island shows. This just feels kinda boring to me. It might seem hypocritical because Last Dracul Jokyoku is basically a remake of Super Senshi he no Michi and Last Dracul is one of my favorite musicals, but Super Senshi was never recorded and it spun a tetralogy of awesome musicals.

Too few fans care about it! Blasphemy!

PGSM
    I love PGSM but let's be real, the budget was low and the effects/choreography could've been better.

I wasn't a fan of the new Shitennou designs, especially since Jadeite looked perfectly normal while the others were bizarre new interpretations.

Not a big fan of Sailor Luna. Not a big fan of Princess Sailor Moon.

If it was only going to last for one year-long show and had almost 50 episodes, they should've included the Outers and Chibi Usa in some form. PGSM only adapts the Dark Kingdom arc, and while it did a good job and was mostly an enjoyable show, it feels VERY incomplete. They obviously started doing their own thing early in the show's run, so these characters could have been awesome new interpretations.

Or, the better option would have been for a sequel series. Or a couple. Lmfao. PGSM was too short!

Crystal
    Stupid Senshi x Shitennou forced plot. I welcome trying something new but you can't do that when you're so limited by the structure of the show.

Didn't take the opportunity to expand upon the manga.

Animation problems in the first two seasons are rampant. The third season was better but come on, this is Sailor Moon, the whole thing should've been animated beautifully with a high budget from the very start.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:
musa wrote:
But she told the other scouts.
The exact dialog from the scene

Quote:
Jupiter: The plan's failed Mars, and pretty soon they'll get the wand!

Mercury: And the crystal!

Mars: No they won't! *pulls out the wand*

Venus: Sailor Mars?!

Mars: It's not what you think! I didn't steal it! She left in my room so I kept it!

Venus: Hey, you know that wasn't right!

Mars: It's not cause I want it!

Jupiter: You sure?

Quote:
Sailor Moon's target are nostalgic women, so they produce merchanise that can appeal this demographic. TOEI knows that a Sailor Moon video game would not sell well in Japan.
Lots of women do play video games and Toei still produces Pretty Cure video games.

You mean some women play vidio games . It is a different culuture most older woman would be in there 30 s . At that time they would be getting married or having a job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
The exact dialog from the scene

Quote:
Jupiter: The plan's failed Mars, and pretty soon they'll get the wand!

Mercury: And the crystal!

Mars: No they won't! *pulls out the wand*

Venus: Sailor Mars?!

Mars: It's not what you think! I didn't steal it! She left in my room so I kept it!

Venus: Hey, you know that wasn't right!

Mars: It's not cause I want it!

Jupiter: You sure?
So the main problem with the scene was the change from Sailor Moon personally trusting Mars to guard the Moon Stick for her, to Sailor Moon leaving it behind in Mars's room (seemingly carelessly) and Mars taking it without permission leading to the others to think that she took it for herself.

The latter would explain how a lot of fans misinterpreted this as Mars stealing it.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Some other pet peeves I have that I've been thinking about lately (some of which I've mentioned in the Crystal sub-forum Stars thread):

1. Usagi's inconsistent Eternal Sailor Moon transformation phrases. Is it Moon Eternal Power..., Moon Eternal..., or Silver Moon Crystal Power...? Pick ONE and stick with it, Naoko, or at least provide an in-story reason for the change!

2. Eternal Sailor Moon's attacks. "Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss" is weird/clunky, and "Silver Moon Crystal Power [Therapy] Kiss" is a mouthful and downright lazy.

3. And, of course, speaking of weird attacks in Stars....I still don't know what the heck Naoko was thinking with "Star Gentle Uterus." She came up with a whole laundry list of attacks for the Starlights and, of the three she actually used in series, THAT was the one she picked for Maker? Okay then...

4. Furthermore, it bothers me that only Uranus and Neptune get new attacks of all the Inners and Outers. (Unless if Saturn had a new attack too? I don't remember.) Like, why do THEY get new attacks? Why don't the others? Why don't ANY of them get new transformation phrases? Why are none of them addressed as "Eternal Sailor _______?"

5. And, on a related note, it bothers me that the Asteroid Senshi are in Eternal mode straight off the bat. Like, everyone else has been fighting and training and gradually getting more and more power to reach that upgrade, but Sailor Ceres and company just get to start out at that level? It honestly makes it seem like that whole upgrade was less about the Sailors reaching a new level of power, and more about Naoko being lazy and probably finding it a lot easier to draw all the characters if their uniforms were, well, all uniform. (And, as others have complained, I too am not a fan of the lack of individuality in the Eternal uniforms.)

6. It also bothers me that while Usagi, Chibiusa, and Mamoru have unique Sailor Crystals (the lotus shaped Silver Moon Crystal and Golden Crystal, the rose shaped Pink Moon Crystal), the others just have generic heart-shaped crystals. Why isn't the "Mercury Crystal" called the "Blue Mercury Crystal" or the "Sapphire Mercury Crystal" and water lily shaped or something? It's so boring/lazy. Similarly, that Usagi and Mamoru were "Serenity" and "Endymion" in the past but everyone else was just "Princess Mars" or "Princess Saturn" or whatever is lazy, too. Why couldn't they have had unique, interesting Princess names?

7. And, on a related note to that, while I love the whole idea of the Sailors all having their own castles (speaking of which - since Minako/Venus's Magellan Castle was first mentioned in "The Birth of Sailor V!" chapter of the Sailor V manga, which I think was published sometime in 1992?, I'm not sure why it took so long for the whole castles thing to appear in the main Sailor Moon manga. I feel like it should have been introduced a lot earlier, maybe the Black Moon arc? Anyway.), I do find it annoying that Mars's castle is called "Phobos and Deimos Castle." I get that each castle is named for each planet's major moon (or artificial satellite, as the case may be), but Rei already has crows named Phobos and Deimos. Who are apparently from another planet. So what? She just happened to choose (or, conversely, deliberately sought out) two crow people alien whatevers from Coronis to be her guards who shared the name of her castle? I get it would have broken the naming convention, but I think "Olympus Castle" (for Olympus Mons) would have been a much better idea.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Manga

1.) Haruka kissing Usagi when she's in a relationship with Michiru. I just.....don't get it. If anyone cares to explain this to me, please do because I really don't know. Like she did it to like "confuse her" and like protect her or something but I really have no idea how kissing her and leading her on like that just to ☹ with her perception of gender would do anything.

Crystal

1.) The lack of consistency with the Planet Power transformations. The Inners used their Star Power transformation pens for whatever reason while Uranus and Neptune didn't have wands and I just think it'd be a lot easier on the animators to just use the same animation for Uranus and Neptune. Plus it would be accurate to the manga since they stopped having transformation pens by that point.

2.) The fact that the voice acting in the English dub for Crystal is better than the 90's anime. Like...Kate Higgins as Ami in Crystal is SO much better than in the 90's anime. Watching the re-dub for Classic, I heard Sakura from Naruto coming in way too often and I feel she had a lot more control and characterization when they got around to dubbing Crystal.

3.) Going back to Naruto, when in S3 you could TELL the director also worked on Naruto considering how often we got a ☹ flashback to the previous episode lmao

90's anime

1.) SuperS and Stars for shafting the Inners and Outers but mostly SuperS because when you cut out the Outers and the main cast consists of Sailor Moon, Chibi Moon, the Inners, and Mamoru, there is no excuse as to why there is only an episode or two dedicated to each of the Inners when there are 39 whole-☹ episodes of the season and the rest is dedicated to a literal child's relationship with an older male horse (yeah he's a boy actually but like...she fell in love with a horse initially and thank god he happens to have a human form). I dislike Stars too for focusing on the Starlights so much when they really weren't all that interesting imo but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PGSM

1.) The series wasn't longer.

Musicals

1.) There aren't enough of the new ones. I wish they had a new one out in both the summer and winter like they did in the older ones but I'm just greedy because I love them so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I don't know understand why fans always complain about Haruka kissing Usagi but dismiss Tuxedo Mask kidding Usagi while she's drunk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:50 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I don't know understand why fans always complain about Haruka kissing Usagi but dismiss Tuxedo Mask kidding Usagi while she's drunk.
Sleeping Beauty and Snow White tell people that the latter is "romantic". :tongue:

More seriously, the former is viewed as Haruka being unfaithful to Michiru. And, well, a lot of a people don't wanna see someone who isn't Mamoru kissing Usagi.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:59 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
^ You make a pretty valid point, Sabrblade. Like you always do.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:05 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sabrblade wrote:
Sleeping Beauty and Snow White tell people that the latter is "romantic". :tongue:

More seriously, the former is viewed as Haruka being unfaithful to Michiru. And, well, a lot of a people don't wanna see someone who isn't Mamoru kissing Usagi.
But you're proving my point that Sailor Moon is a fictional story, and if we're defending Tuxedo Mask kissing an unconscious drunk girl because it's fiction, it's a double standard to then hold Haruka to a different standard of realism. On the subject of unfaithfulness, fans complain abut Haruka being unfaithful to Michiru yet I don't hear as many complaints about Usagi being unfaithful to Mamoru with Seiya in Stars, and a lot of fans prefer Usagi to dump Mamoru for Seiya.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

But you're proving my point that Sailor Moon is a fictional story, and if we're defending Tuxedo Mask kissing an unconscious drunk girl because it's fiction, it's a double standard to then hold Haruka to a different standard of realism.
I guess people let it slide on Tuxedo Mask with the foresight of his supposing to be with Sailor Moon, while Uranus isn't. Not that that makes it "right", just that that's why people don't raise as much ire over it.

Neon Genesis wrote:
On the subject of unfaithfulness, fans complain abut Haruka being unfaithful to Michiru yet I don't hear as many complaints about Usagi being unfaithful to Mamoru with Seiya in Stars, and a lot of fans prefer Usagi to dump Mamoru for Seiya.
It seems to be largely due to how divided the fanbase is between Usagi/Mamoru and Usagi/Seiya, whereas there are no such divisions for Haruka/Michiru. People want Haruka and Michiru to be together, whereas people fight over whether they want Usagi to be with Mamoru or Seiya. And it's the fans who either favor Haruka/Michiru or who favor both Haruka/Michiru and Usagi/Mamoru who complain about the Haruka/Usagi kisses.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
In any case, Haruka's kiss is there to create shoujo romance drama and show the complexity and maturity of Haruka and Michiru's characters, similar to their plans to sacrifice innocence people to save the world from evil.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:14 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
In any case, Haruka's kiss is there to create shoujo romance drama and show the complexity and maturity of Haruka and Michiru's characters, similar to their plans to sacrifice innocence people to save the world from evil.
Infidelity = maturity?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Why does the kiss mean infidelity? Haruka and Michiru seemed like they were planning on trying to get under Usagi and Mamoru's skin. Michiru also flirts with Seiya in the 90s anime and some fans are still upset over it.

Haruka and Michiru are secure in their relationship. Haruka kissing Usagi wasn't romantic and it didn't look or seem romantic. Let's also not forget that Usagi is their Princess and practically all of the characters are kind of in love with her to a degree -- not necessarily in a romantic way but you get what I mean.

And maybe Haruka and Michiru are poly, at the very least Michiru never seems to mind when Haruka flirts with other girls.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sabrblade wrote:
Infidelity = maturity?
Kissing unconscious drunk girls = romantic according to a lot of Moonies apparently.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:41 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
not sure if its a pet peeve or not but it always bugged me how Usagi didn't notice Luna was in her dress on the wedding dress episode :lol:

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
How was Usagi able to walk with Luna underneath her!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:49 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
Neon Genesis wrote:

never thought of that XD :lol:

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:52 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

never thought of that XD :lol:

That's a thinker. :happy: My half-hearted theories:

1. Luna attached herself to Usagi's leg.

2. Luna walked in perfect sync with Usagi, dodging all of her steps.

3. Luna held on to Usagi's underwear. I told you that this was half-hearted... ;)

4. Luna had the power to make herself invisible yet never told Usagi about it.

Why look for the key in another, the answer lays in his own heart, won't find yourself in some other, it always was there right at the start - Howard Jones

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
John wrote:
Why does the kiss mean infidelity? Haruka and Michiru seemed like they were planning on trying to get under Usagi and Mamoru's skin. Michiru also flirts with Seiya in the 90s anime and some fans are still upset over it.

Haruka and Michiru are secure in their relationship. Haruka kissing Usagi wasn't romantic and it didn't look or seem romantic. Let's also not forget that Usagi is their Princess and practically all of the characters are kind of in love with her to a degree -- not necessarily in a romantic way but you get what I mean.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:00 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ What a quotable quote! :cool:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
John wrote:
Why does the kiss mean infidelity?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:20 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

But you're proving my point that Sailor Moon is a fictional story, and if we're defending Tuxedo Mask kissing an unconscious drunk girl because it's fiction, it's a double standard to then hold Haruka to a different standard of realism. On the subject of unfaithfulness, fans complain abut Haruka being unfaithful to Michiru yet I don't hear as many complaints about Usagi being unfaithful to Mamoru with Seiya in Stars, and a lot of fans prefer Usagi to dump Mamoru for Seiya.

Well wasn't Mamoru kinda unfaithful when he kissed Usagi? I mean he was dating Rei at the time of the kiss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Only in the anime, and even then not really. A couple of casual dates that Mamoru was never really into =/= committed, monogamous/exclusive relationship.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:50 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Cierra Moon wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well wasn't Mamoru kinda unfaithful when he kissed Usagi? I mean he was dating Rei at the time of the kiss.
1) Mamoru never actually took his hanging out with Rei as seriously "dating" her.

2) Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask were two separate persons within the same body, unaware of the other's existence and activities, by that point in the series. It wouldn't be until episode 26 that the two split-personalities would reconcile with each back into one person, and by that point in the series Mamoru became so fixated on getting all the Rainbow Crystals that none of Tuxedo Mask's previous actions from back when two were separate were on his mind, as he only cared about the here and now rather than what had come before.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:06 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
[/quote]1) Mamoru never actually took his hanging out with Rei as seriously "dating" her.

2) Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask were two separate persons within the same body, unaware of the other's existence and activities, by that point in the series. It wouldn't be until episode 26 that the two split-personalities would reconcile with each back into one person, and by that point in the series Mamoru became so fixated on getting all the Rainbow Crystals that none of Tuxedo Mask's previous actions from back when two were separate were on his mind, as he only cared about the here and now rather than what had come before.[/quote]

Well if that's the case then how come people can't accept that Usagi is attracted to both of Mamoru's personas? She showed signs of liking both after all. And notice how when Mamoru realized that he was Tuxedo Mask that the first episode him and Usagi interacted after it, they started to lighten up on each other a bit (secretively) and found each other a bit more pleasant without some of the bantering.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Cierra Moon wrote:
Well if that's the case then how come people can't accept that Usagi is attracted to both of Mamoru's personas?
What do you mean by this? :?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:55 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
Cierra Moon wrote:
Well if that's the case then how come people can't accept that Usagi is attracted to both of Mamoru's personas?

I meant that how come people won't believe that Usagi was attracted to both Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask if it is understood that at that point they were two different identities. As mentioned in the above statement, she showed signs of liking both and he started slowly acting more like his Tuxedo Mask identity in his civilian form,so it's not really hard to see how Usagi can start to fall for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Cierra Moon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Cierra Moon wrote:

I meant that how come people won't believe that Usagi was attracted to both Mamoru and Tuxedo Mask if it is understood that at that point they were two different identities.
Because she wasn't? I mean, she was not romantically attracted to Mamoru as Mamoru at any point prior to the end of episode 34. That's not people being in denial, that's just how things were at that point in the series.

Cierra Moon wrote:
As mentioned in the above statement, she showed signs of liking both and he started slowly acting more like his Tuxedo Mask identity in his civilian form,so it's not really hard to see how Usagi can start to fall for him.
Correction: By the Rainbow Crystals arc, she was starting to tolerate and befriend Mamoru more, having gotten to know him better as a person ever since she found out that Motoki and Mamoru were friends, and ever since Rei started hanging out with him, back in episode 14. There weren't any serious romantic connections between the at that point yet, as they were still in the developmental growth stage between being acquaintances and being friends at that point. Two people becoming on better, friendler terms with each other isn't the same thing as their becoming romantically interested in each other. And I say all this as a stark Usagi/Mamoru fan.

And, frankly, what does any of this have to do with the original point that you raised about Tuxedo Mask's kissing the passed out Sailor Moon at a time when Mamoru was regularly hanging out with Rei?

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:10 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
And, frankly, what does any of this have to do with the original point that you raised about Tuxedo Mask's kissing the passed out Sailor Moon at a time when Mamoru was regularly hanging out with Rei?[/quote]
I tied this to Tuxedo Mask kissing Usagi because to some degree it shows that he's more attracted to her than Rei.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next