* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary Classical Concert
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:56 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Album now on CD Japan

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KICA-3269

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kinda off topic but im super curious where this version of Otome No Policy comes from? Its deffo not the 90s version. I want it in full!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:

Kinda off topic but im super curious where this version of Otome No Policy comes from? Its deffo not the 90s version. I want it in full!!!

I believe that it's a kind of test mix of the scored version of Otome No Policy they did live. In other words, the composer was testing the sound out in a Midi or other sound program while composing, and they used that for the preview video. The live version, with real instruments and vocals, sounded a lot better.

If you can't wait for the CD to be released at the end of the year, the March Version from the Music Box of the 1990s is pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ I like the cheerful brass rendition of the song in that version. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:34 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jadeite2 wrote:
SailorSugababe wrote:

I believe that it's a kind of test mix of the scored version of Otome No Policy they did live. In other words, the composer was testing the sound out in a Midi or other sound program while composing, and they used that for the preview video. The live version, with real instruments and vocals, sounded a lot better.

If you can't wait for the CD to be released at the end of the year, the March Version from the Music Box of the 1990s is pretty good.

Personally i thought it might be instrumental for an unreleased version of Otome No Policy by Momoiro Clover Z. The production sounds very similar to their other versions of SM classics.

See

Aswell as

Moonlight Densetsu was a part of the 20th annivesary album (aswell as Momoclo version of Tuxedo Mirage). Moon Revenge on the other hand appeared at the Moon Pride single in 2014.

Its possible MomoClo recorded bunch of SM classic songs but not all of them made into 20th annivesary album (hence why Moon Revenge was released later). This Otome No Policy instrumental sounds very similar prodcution-wise with other MomoClo SM songs so maybe there is (still unreleased) their version of it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ If so, Momoclo should release an all-Sailor Moon cover album, then. :D (I'm not their fan, but if they did so, it'd help popularize Sailor Moon, especially in the newer generations, due to their own popularity.)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:10 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^That's a terrible idea... :dead:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
NJ_ wrote:
That's a terrible idea... :dead:

Well, I suggested that only from a practical POV for the sake of the franchise, not from a musical one. lol

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Haven't heard anything from Momoiro Clover Z. :vanish:

Are they still significant in Jpop culture? :question:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Haven't heard anything from Momoiro Clover Z. :vanish:

Are they still significant in Jpop culture? :question:

I think they've been losing steam these days, just like AKB48 whom they seemed to be threatening only not too long ago lol - currently it's Nogizaka46 & their newer, more edgy sister group Keyakizaka46 who're calling the shots, tho both groups actually belong to the same company of AKB48 & all their many sister groups w/ the "48" suffix, even tho the "46" groups are (even officially) positioned as rivals to the "48" ones. :lol:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 pm 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
While it's possible that it comes from something from Momo Clover, I think it is unlikely something from Momo Clover would be used in promotion for the Classical Concert.

With a fanbase as huge as Momo Clover has, the idea that they'd put unreleased music--forget the need for cross-licensing by the concert people-- in a tiny promo like this has distant odds as best.

The second reason is that the Classic Concert being its own musical production, unrelated to anything to do with Momo Clover, it would be easiest for them to simply use their own production music.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:42 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Agreed. BTW, maybe even Momokuro could do a concert w/ a full orchestra these days if they want to, not because they're of the same class of veteran/hall-of-fame J-pop artists, but just because of their popularity & hence money power. :googly:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Has anyone uploaded the CD soundtrack to youtube yet? I really wanna hear it, especially Moonlight Densetsu and Moon Revenge. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:27 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
The official soundtrack won't be released until December. It's possible there is a version that made its way out there somehow, but I have not looked.