* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Things You Liked Better In The 90s Anime
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
So what are some aspects of the 90s anime that you thought were better than the manga and Crystal? Besides obvious things like more character development, I like the anime is more comical. The manga has some humorous moments but it's not as over the top comedy antics that I enjoy from the 90s anime. Some fans criticisize the 90s anime for being more formulaic but I feel like the fight scenes are better coordinated whereas in the manga it often feels like the action is all over the place. Manga fans complain about the breakup subplot in the 90s anime but I am kind of grateful they didn't have the whole subplot of the Inners getting kidnapped by Rubeus. It was fine when reading the manga because you kind of read the story all at once that way but it could be frustrating when watching Crystal waiting just to see Rei in action again, especially with that bizarre twice a month schedule they did. The 90s anime handled it more smoothly by having the Inners be kidnapped all at once and it lasts only one episodes instead of being spread out across the whole arc. I also appreciate the 90s anime didn't treat Usagi's jealously with Chibiusa so seriously and that Chibiusa's awkward kiss was just an illusion to trick Usagi in the 90s anime. While I enjoy Haruka's gender fluidity in the manga and Crystal, I prefer how much more devoted Haruka and Michiru are to each other in the 90s anime. Haruka seems to spend more time flirting with Usagi than her own girlfriend and I just like we get a lot more screentime and backstory with Michiu in the 90s anime. The episode about Haruka and Michiru's past has always been one of my favorites.

Post subject: Re: Things You Liked Better In The 90s Anime
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:29 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
*Takes a deep breath*

Classic:

* The Rainbow Crystal arc is one of my favorite arcs of the original '90s anime. It made the stakes higher for finding the Silver Crystal as three different teams, the Dark Kingdom, the Sailor Senshi, and Tuxedo Kamen all competed for the seven gems. In the manga, it felt like the Dark Kingdom's various plots to find the Silver Crystal were nonsensical.

* Nephrite, Zoisite and Kunzite to an extent have much more personality and are more memorable

* Naru actually playing a decent role in the plot

* The Dark Kingdom finale is a thousand times better than the manga ending. Each senshi's death carries so much weight and it all sets up that epic moment when they all join hands with Princess Serenity to defeat Queen Beryl. Usagi's monologue when she's 'dying' always gives me goosebumps. The manga's version, while superior to Crystal, is just so incredibly flawed and doesn't have as much of an emotional payoff. The Inners sacrifice their lives, but the effect of their effort is only show in one small panel that is easily missed. Sailor Moon's fight against Queen Metalia is boring. Things happen with very little logic. A watch stops a sword that can break diamonds? Mamoru suddenly loses his vision for no apparent reason? You can tell that Naoko was rushing to meet deadlines because some of the art too was kind of sloppy in its first run.

R:

* While Usagi's jealousy over Chibiusa got annoying, never did it seem like she actually was convinced that Mamoru was in LOVE with a freaking 9-year-old. Just no that entire plotline in the manga.

* As Neon Genesis mentioned before, having Mercury, Mars and Jupiter kidnapped for the majority of the Black Moon arc was dumb.

S:

* Haruka doesn't flat out cheat on Michiru with Usagi.

* Haruka and Michiru in general have better character development in the original series. Especially Michiru, who feels like a more nuanced character in the '90s anime.

* The original anime shows us how Haruka and Michiru met and goes into their backstories. In general, it does a better job of showing that they're in a relationship.

* The episode where the Talismans are revealed is one of the best moments in the Sailor Moon franchise period.

* I love both the ending of S and the Infinity arc, but I like S more by a tiny margin. It was just so incredibly emotional and everyone played an important part.

SuperS:

* Eh............................... *Tries hard to find something that I liked better than the Dream arc* Yeah, no. I think I'll pass this one.

Sailor Stars:

* Sailor Aluminum Seiren and Sailor Lead Crow from the original are some of my favorite characters in this series and their manga counterparts are so disappointing. But otherwise there's not much I prefer from the original anime for this season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Usagi herself - everything, the way she looks, her personality, her flaws, her optimism -etc everything
the inners - their personalities
Rei's relationship with Yuuichirou
Ami x Ryo
Kunzite x Zoisite
Nephrite x Naru
Haruka x Michiru
the comedy
I like when villains are redeemed
the voices in the Japanese
the Viz dub voices over the cloverway and dic voices
the music in both the original and dic including BGM and intro's and outros
the art while isn't perfect at least everyone doesn't look super skinny, the art is best in SuperS
I actually like the stock footage P-:
I like the fillers not superS level of filler but stuff like the rainbow crystal arc
the villains for the most part are likeable except Rubeus and Wiseman [both are jerks to the max]

I can go on I acknowledge the 90s anime is flaw city but in some odd way I like that it's imperfect
aside from break up and stars and chibiusa focus in supers and chiba's whole character and extremely flawed relationship with Usagi I can look past most complaints I have for the 90s anime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:20 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like that some of the villains were redeemable, or had redeeming qualities (though I wasn't happy with all of the ones that had been redeemed). I liked that Tuxedo Mask wasn't brainwashed by the Black Moon Clan. Prince Demande didn't kiss Usagi. The MOTW villains of the manga got some more screen time (though this could've hurt the screen time development for the heroes).

Last edited by magic713 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:15 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
everything but Post Nehelenia Stars lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:26 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

The Phages at least improved from the weirdness of the Quartet's Lemures. ^_^

Sadly the Phages weren't utilized properly in battle making almost every filler episode action scenes nearly boring. :ohdear:

It makes up for everything up until the last 3 episodes. I just loved the ending =^_^=

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:45 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

The Phages at least improved from the weirdness of the Quartet's Lemures. ^_^

Sadly the Phages weren't utilized properly in battle making almost every filler episode action scenes nearly boring. :ohdear:

It makes up for everything up until the last 3 episodes. I just loved the ending =^_^=

How are the phages any less weird than the Lemures?
At least the lemures had the excuse of being from a circus

Attachments:
what why sweat guy.jpg
what why sweat guy.jpg [ 42.25 KiB | Viewed 3332 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:05 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:

I like the Robocop and the Clown Phages to name a few. :innocent:

But the best one was Sailor Gamer coz she's the only Phage who was DD Girl level threat. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:20 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
rgveda99 wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

I like the Robocop and the Clown Phages to name a few. :innocent:

But the best one was Sailor Gamer coz she's the only Phage who was DD Girl level threat. 8)

I'll agree on sailor Gamer, probably one of the best Motd's in the series if not the best

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:38 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Prince Rose wrote:
I'll agree on sailor Gamer, probably one of the best Motd's in the series if not the best

Its funny how a lot of fans hated the animation style for episode 191. ^_^'

For me I actually liked it. :D

It's like Saber Marionette but done right. :ohmy:

Here are some close up shots that I felt were really good especially :mako:'s.

This episode totally rocks. :whee: Even :minako: and :rei: goofing off in an actual fight I can totally forgive that. :innocent:

This episode is what was missing for almost all the Stars filler. =^_^=

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:42 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
* The Dark Kingdom finale is a thousand times better than the manga ending. Each senshi's death carries so much weight and it all sets up that epic moment when they all join hands with Princess Serenity to defeat Queen Beryl. Usagi's monologue when she's 'dying' always gives me goosebumps. The manga's version, while superior to Crystal, is just so incredibly flawed and doesn't have as much of an emotional payoff. The Inners sacrifice their lives, but the effect of their effort is only show in one small panel that is easily missed. Sailor Moon's fight against Queen Metalia is boring. Things happen with very little logic. A watch stops a sword that can break diamonds? Mamoru suddenly loses his vision for no apparent reason? You can tell that Naoko was rushing to meet deadlines because some of the art too was kind of sloppy in its first run.
It's my understanding Naoko actually originally wanted to kill the Inners off as well but she was told not to because they worried it would be too traumatizing for kids, so she changed the ending, but the anime version was still able to do it. I agree though the anime's ending was a lot better for the first season. I cry every time I watch it but the manga's ending comes across rather cliched and predictable. The one thing I did love about the manga was that Minako is actually the one who defeats Beryl which disappointed me a lot when Crystal changed it so Sailor Moon kills Beryl instead.

Quote:
SuperS:

* Eh............................... *Tries hard to find something that I liked better than the Dream arc* Yeah, no. I think I'll pass this one.

I think the Amazon Trio's death was handled pretty well in SuperS and Fisheye's sacrifice is still sad to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:47 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
Ami x ryo,rei x yuuichirou,naru x nephrite,shnozaki x makoto
Allan as a character :love:
Rei's grandfather :love:
I loved the r breakup arc unlike most fans (because i hate mamo)
Filler episodes.
And of course doom tree arc :keke:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
The one thing I prefer in the 90s anime is the character-building...yes, the 90s anime had too many unnecessary fillers and that dragged out the 90s anime for much too long, to the point of making the 90s anime too tedious for me to watch, nowadays I would just skip some episodes (mostly the unnecessary filler eps). But one of the things the 90s anime did better was the fact that it had a decent amount of character-driven episodes that helped to really flesh out the other characters more, and that in turn, gave the other Senshis some much needed focus. There just wasn't enough character-building for the other characters in the manga and Crystal in comparison, there's just too much focus on Usagi, Mamoru and Chibiusa, and not nearly enough focus on the other characters in the manga and Crystal.

Another aspect of the 90s anime that I prefer over the manga and Crystal is the more focus on the friendships between the characters. As much as I love the manga and Crystal, but I've always thought that there's just too much focus on Usagi's romance with Mamoru in the manga and Crystal and not enough on the friendships between the characters. I love that Usagi's close friendships with the other characters were explored and emphasized more in the 90s anime, I think that the 90s anime was just as much about the friendships between the characters as the romance aspect.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:25 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: PK Yuri Ω!
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

^^THIS. And the Classic anime is fun to watch. I could watch it 1000 times and never get bored XD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:06 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think the Amazon Trio's death was handled pretty well in SuperS and Fisheye's sacrifice is still sad to me.

My only issue was that they were easily subdued by the average MOTW. I would've at least made the assassin a manga villain, like Xenotime and Zeolite.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like the insert songs in the 90's, it's basically the best part of the series.
In Crystal episode 36 the song was good used, but they should use it as the opening of the episode, instead of repeating the song.

The final battles vs Metallia and Wiseman were much better because of the music, in manga and Crystal were very repetitive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:12 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

My only issue was that they were easily subdued by the average MOTW. I would've at least made the assassin a manga villain, like Xenotime and Zeolite.

Oh man that would have been a great place for them to show up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:23 am 
Stella
Stella
There were so much. For one I loved the character building, characterization and world building that was done in the 90s anime. I loved the fact that most of the villains had actual personalities and characterization in the 90s anime unlike being the glorified MOTDs they were in the manga. I liked many of the anime only plots like the Rainbow Crystal saga and I loved some of the anime exclusive villains like Al, En and the Makaiju. I actually enjoyed the filler on the most part as I thought it gave great characterization and development for the characters but I will admit that sometimes it became excessive like in SuperS I also wished that instead of some of the filler episodes in Classic it would have elaborated more on Beryl and the Shitennou's backstories. I liked as Seira Hazuki said that Haruka never cheated on Michiru like in the manga and Crystal which I always felt was used just to exploit their relationship to build Usagi and Mamoru's relationship. I also liked that we got to see how Haruka and Michiru met in the 90s anime. I much preferred Sailor Galaxia's anime story to her emo manga story and even though I preferred the darker tone of Dream I did like Queen Nehellenia's 90s backstory over the manga where instead of a Chaos Spawn she was a lonely Queen driven insane by the desire to be perfect and beautiful. Besides they could have always made the Chaos Spawn and original character and to be whatever creature in the mirror that tempted her.

I loved Kunzite and Zoisite's romantic relationship and thought it was so much better and original then the Senshi/Shitennou stuff in Crystal. I also liked the pairings of Ami/Urawa and Rei/Yuuichirou. I liked Makoto's past with Shinozaki even though my favorite Makoto pairing is Makoto/Asanuma. I felt that the Dark Kingdom's cavernous design in the 90s was much scarier and more fitting then their castle design in the manga and Crystal. Pretty much I prefer Classic, R, S in general over the manga with some exceptions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:58 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Although I generally prefer the Manga/Crystal, & there were/might be more elements from Sailor Moon Crystal that I like EVEN BETTER THAN IN THE MANGA, ...such as:

Spoiler: show
All 4 of the Shittenou/Heavenly Kings initially finding out that they had been BRAINWASHED, INSTEAD OF SOLELY "MALACHITE"/KUNZITE,
& as for the elements of Sailor Moon Classic that I prefer, well:

Tuf Pic wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
The manga , and crystal they are my favorites

I generally prefer these 2 versions as well, although:

There ARE actually a handful of elements from the original anime that I prefer, such as:

Tsukikage No Knight, an aspect of Tuxedo Kamen's/Prince Endymion's/Mamoru Chiba's concioussness who did NOT turn :twistedevil: / :evil: & remembered who he was, & helped the Sailor Senshi, & his name & attire were nice as well, & I liked that he was a male who was connected with the Moon, like TsukiYomi, the main Shinto Kami of the Moon, amongst many other male lunar deities in our world's mythology/legends/folkloree/fairytales, (maybe he could be the potential Power Guardian for Tuxedo Kamen/Prince Endymion/Mamoru Chiba?!), & some of the Anime-Exclusive content, such as some of the Monster'(s)-Of-The-Day, & some of the Anime-Exclusive Movies, (ESPECIALLY THE SAILOR MOON R MOVIE)!!

& there was @LEAST 1 Sailor Moon video game that combined elements from the original Manga, & the 90's Anime!!

Tuf Pic wrote:
1) Xenian Blossom, & Fiore,

...&...

2) I would like to see a role for Moonlight Knight, maybe as Tuxedo Mask's Power Guardian?!

...Also...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24188

SOURCES FOR THE ABOVE QUOTES:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14678&p=829486#p829486,

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24815&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a,

Also, I :love: Motoki's & Mamoru's friendship in the 90's Anime!!

& now that I've brought that up:

View this thread!!

As well as Mamoru X Fiore!!

EDIT: As well as some of the Anime-exclusive monsters-of-the-day, (although admittedly I DO like all of the Manga/Crystal-exclusive Monsters-of-the-day as well)!!

& the Sailor Moon R Movie!!

Also, who else here prefers "Moon Tiara Magic", over "Moon Tiara Action", or ESPECIALLY, "Moon Frisbee"?!

Last edited by Tuf Pic on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:21 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Prince Rose wrote:
Usagi herself - everything, the way she looks, her personality, her flaws, her optimism -etc everything
the inners - their personalities
Rei's relationship with Yuuichirou
Ami x Ryo
Kunzite x Zoisite
Nephrite x Naru
Haruka x Michiru
the comedy
I like when villains are redeemed
the voices in the Japanese
the Viz dub voices over the cloverway and dic voices
the music in both the original and dic including BGM and intro's and outros
the art while isn't perfect at least everyone doesn't look super skinny, the art is best in SuperS
I actually like the stock footage P-:
I like the fillers not superS level of filler but stuff like the rainbow crystal arc
the villains for the most part are likeable except Rubeus and Wiseman [both are jerks to the max]

I can go on I acknowledge the 90s anime is flaw city but in some odd way I like that it's imperfect
aside from break up and stars and chibiusa focus in supers and chiba's whole character and extremely flawed relationship with Usagi I can look past most complaints I have for the 90s anime

^^^ me as well although I didn't care much for Naru being pushed aside or the boring beach episodes that the original dub conveniently left out I thought they took away from the story at hand and only served to show the Senshi in bathing suits (Rei-Chan's left nothing to the imagination XD) but I'm willing to overlook them because of how great the 90s anime was/is.

aside from Stars the 90s anime was near perfect (especially artwork), also I prefer Ami-Chan in the 90s anime I'm Not attracted to either the manga or crystal version of Ami-Chan as I find them to be not as attractive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:29 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Everything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
---------
CLASSIC
---------

Ikuko Itoh's designs. I find them cuter. And the wider variety of expressions.

Rei, and her subsequent relationship with Usagi. Culminating with her sacrifice at D-point.
Poo to the purists and detractors I say. Naoko showed precious little interest in her anyway. And I didn't like Casablanca Memory.

Makoto's introduction. Beating up a street gang. Followed by taking on Zoisite and then a MOTD, while still in civilian form.

Toru Furuya and the writers, hamming up a character I would otherwise have found boring.

Yuuchirou. The way he's respectful towards Rei, and doesn't push himself on her (I don't do shipping).

Mamoru and Rei dating. I actually quite enjoyed this, even though it was obviously never going to work. And I like how Rei just let the whole thing go without any kind of fuss or bitterness, as you'd normally expect in this kind of situation. She can be a lot more mature then people give her credit for.

More emphasis placed on the girls friendship, rather then romance. It's not just about Usagi, and nothing else but her happiness mattering. And all of the downtime moments.

No implied Senshi x Shitennou (Act 3).

The Nephrite arc, and the brief trio of Moon, Mars, and Mercury.

Antagonists having more personality, and being less monotonous (this extends to future arcs).

Naru and Umino.

Filler like the Rhett Butler episode. Just plain fun.

The final battle.

-
R
-

The Makaiju Arc. Ali and Ann were also memorable exclusive characters, who deserved more appearances.

Shinozaki. I was intrigued by his non-romantic relationship with Makoto. Shame he was a one-off and thus barely anyone remembers him.

Moonlight Knight. Prefer him to Tuxedo Mask.

Thunder Dragon > Every other Jupiter attack. Can't believe they only used that once...

Usagi and Chibi-Usa's mother/daughter relationship. No 900 year old nonsense.

Rei's fight with (and defence of) Koan.

The Inners not spending the entire arc either being useless or stuck in a cell, because Naoko clearly couldn't think of anything else to do with them...

-
S
-

Pharaoh 90 being more of a silent Lovecraftian omnipresence, devoid of generic villain ranting.

More time spent between Chibi-Usa and Hotaru.

The Inners not being captured in an utterly pathetic manner by Kaolinite, and then giving up on Usagi without putting up even a 'fraction' of resistance.
Words cannot express how much I loathe this pitiful scene (Rei and Makoto's temptations especially were just plain dumb). Couple this with my equally disliked 'make the Outers look good' routine, that always bugged me throughout the third arc.

Professor Tomoe being a lot more sympathetic (and entertaining), surviving and being reunited with his daughter (thank you very much Stars).

Michiru having an actual character.

Haruka not kissing/stalking Usagi.

No cyborg Hotaru. Again I found this completely pointless in the long run, and had no meaningful impact on the plot by its omission. It was just a leftover concept from Ami, and this isn't exactly Kamen Rider.

The Inners being the ones to erect a barrier, and thus not being completely useless or redundant in the endgame.

Cyprine and Ptilol. My personal favorite battle in the Anime is ironically my most disliked in the Manga.
No stupid/cheap mass brainwashing in order to get the two groups to fight each other for the sake of plot convenience. Instead, we have the Inners working together to outwit a tough enemy. That's the sort of thing we could use more off in the series.
Subsequently, the unlocking of the Holy Grail.

---------
SUPER S
---------

The series not being afraid to poke fun at itself. Such as Fisheye criticising their outfits. VesVes mocking their posing and speeches. And little things like Flame Sniper blowing back in Rei's face.

Nehellenia not being a Maleficent knock-off.

The Amazon Quartet and their lippyness towards Zirconia. Overall I'd say the Dead Moon Circus were the most memoerable villain group in the show.

Ami and Rei's focus episodes in the later half.

"I still pity you". I know that's dub only, but it's one of my favorite moments for the character.

-------
STARS
-------

Outers and Inners pairing up in the mini-arc (should have been longer)

The other Senshi not being killed off until the last few episodes. I still don't like it, but it's easily the lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned...

Whatever the reason was, I'm glad they didn't include the other Eternal outfits. It's not like they made any difference.

Crow and Siren's relationship.

Episode 184. Especially the cramped fight at the end. One of the most amusing scenes in the series.

Cats/birds not having human forms. Felt very random in it's implement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:20 am 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: In a relationship
The villains were original and easy to catch onto.

We had three movies.

We had a cool theme song.

We also had good character development.

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 am 
Stella
Stella
cuau_cg wrote:
I like the insert songs in the 90's, it's basically the best part of the series.
In Crystal episode 36 the song was good used, but they should use it as the opening of the episode, instead of repeating the song.

The final battles vs Metallia and Wiseman were much better because of the music, in manga and Crystal were very repetitive.

I do think that the 90s anime had better quality music then say Crystal even though I do like Crystal's music. The 90s music was just so romantic and sometimes, dreamy and sometimes even sexy. The big battle ballads as well were awesome.

Also I would add to Meteor Break the cats and birds having human forms was not random they were stated to be from the same planets as Sailor Lead Crow and Sailor Tin Nyanko respectively.

I also thought it was cooler that the talismans summoned the Holy Grail and not Sailor Saturn and the talisman storyline and it's culmination with the fight with Eudial was wonderful. I too also liked Seiren and Lead Crow's relationship and do ship them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:58 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I basically loved the introduction of Ryo Urawa! I ship him w/ :ami:
Yuichiro.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:14 am 
Stella
Stella
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
Yuichiro.

Me too Ami/Urawa is the best Ami pairing and Rei/Yuuichirou is the best Rei pairing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
MariaTenebre wrote:
Yuichiro.

Me too Ami/Urawa is the best Ami pairing and Rei/Yuuichirou is the best Rei pairing.

^^^I second this myself

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
If there's anything I liked better in the 90's anime, it's Inners' death in the fifth season. I honestly didn't like how the Inners ( :minako:, :rei:, :ami:, and :mako:) were killed off and revived as Galaxia's corrupted puppets in the Sailor Stars arc of the manga. In the 90's anime, the Inners combining their powers to protect Sailor Moon, resulting in getting their Star Seeds/Sailor Crystals extracted was far more emotional, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:00 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
If there's anything I liked better in the 90's anime, it's Inners' death in the fifth season. I honestly didn't like how the Inners ( :minako:, :rei:, :ami:, and :mako:) were killed off and revived as Galaxia's corrupted puppets in the Sailor Stars arc of the manga. In the 90's anime, the Inners combining their powers to protect Sailor Moon, resulting in getting their Star Seeds/Sailor Crystals extracted was far more emotional, IMO.

I totally agree in part of them coming back as puppets. While I hate that they died in Stars from both 90's anime and and manga (though I was fine with them dying in the first season), the whole thing with them coming back as evil puppets to fight Sailor Moon was just salt on the wound.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:04 am 
Stella
Stella

I second this all though I do think it would be interesting for them to come back as puppets as well. However one thing I noticed about Sailor Galaxia in the 90s anime as opposed to the manga is that Sailor Galaxia seemed like she did not have the absolute control over her subordinates like she did in the manga. The example of this is how Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were able to break Sailor Galaxia's mind control and attack her. This also goes into one of my theories about the Animamates and the Senshi of their home planets in the 90s anime.