It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The most epic moments in the series
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
What parts in the show do you think are TOTALLY FREAKING EPIC AWESOME?

I'd give these mention for my opinions:

- Sailor Venus making her grand debut in episode 33. That charisma and flair is tough to match :3

- Makoto in ALL of episode 25. Just all of it.

- Rei against Koan in 70, and the revalation that we can heal the baddies.

- 44's flashback to the Silver Millenium.

- Rei and Makoto's upgrades in Doom Tree (and to a lesser extent, Makoto killing a Cardian in one shot earlier on)

- All of 45 and 46!

- The Senshi vs. Spectres fight in 68, and Usagi strengthening up to Rubeus in it.

- The R movie's combat moments, and final scenes.

- All of the true amazement that is 124 and 125

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

Post subject: Re: The most epic moments in the series
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:39 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
The episode where ami first appeared.I can watch it a million time and never fed up lol =^_^=

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ooh...so many moments. Here's few from the top of my head

-When Usagi jumped after Chibiusa in the final of SuperS and after she finally catched her and they were saved by Helios
-When Makoto and Minako fought together Petz and Calaveras
-Inners vs Sisters and Usagi proteecting Chibusa from Rubeus
-Haruka and Michiru in the cathedral and Pluto coming to save the day and initiate the grail appearance
-Inners giving their lives to protect Usagi and Starlighs
-Haruka and Michiru turning around and attacking Galaxia with her own weapon
-Starlights vs Galaxia
-Usagi saving Galaxia in the final episode
-Inners Outers and Chibiusa teleporting together to save Usagi and Mamoru
-All the senshi and Tuxedo combining their powers to awake Eternal Sailor Moon and get through to Nehelenia's heart
-Makoto protecting Usagi from Nehelenia
-Chibiusa stopping Saturn from killing Nehelenia and herself
-Ami, Rei and Usagi working together to destroy the twin youmas (with the music Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki yo in the background)
-Pretty much all of episodes 45 and 46
-Rei revealing she's keeping silver crystal safe for Usagi
-Final battle between Wiseman and Neo Queen Serenity and Chibiusa joining in
-Rainbow Crystals getting summoned and combined with Usagi's tear, revealing her as Serenity
-Usagi screaming Crisis Make Up

And thats not all

Last edited by SailorSugababe on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membership
Other: PK Starstorm!
The epic moments in my opinion are:
-When the princess awakens. Its just a really epic moment with a really beautiful song. Every time i watch it i start to cry :sad:
-When Saturn jumps inside Pharaoh 90 and Sailor Moon, in all despair transforms in Super SailorMoon and saves the day. :ohmy:
-Mars vs Koan episode. Mars most heroic performance ever (a PGSM like performance XD )
-The second half of the R Movie.
-The Amazon Trio final episode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
What about the Japanese VA performances? Every time there's an emotional scene with Usagi it's really well done by Kotono.Especially the big Crisis Make Up scene. :3

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
I think ami's and mako's voices fits with their personalities but Haruka's voice is the best ^_^

For emotional scenes,i think Chibiusa's voice fits perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:58 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
When Usagi tells Rubeus that she will protect Chibiusa with her life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:34 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The big showdown with Chaos/Galaxia.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:16 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
They are all from Classic:

-The appearance of Sailor Venus.
-Usagi and Mamoru finally revealing their identities to each other.
-The destruction of the Moon Kingdom.
-The senshi dying.
-Princess Serenity defeating Beryl/Metalia.
-Everyone losing their memories (end of ep. 46)

==

As much as I try to enjoy Crystal, Crystal will never top the 90's anime, sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Can we just talk about how Mars burned one of those Doom Girls to ashes with a wave of fire mid-air?

How Ami outsmarted Tuxedo Kamen for the Rainbow Crystal? The English version makes this funnier.

How Sailor Moon defeated Camera man man all by herself?

How the Inners used their attacks and obliterated that Cardigan in the second episode of R

Supreme Thunder Dragon? Fire Soul Bird?

Silence Glaive Surprise?

Sailor Iron Mouse side stepping Venus Love and Beauty Shock...(Epic)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Location: Quote unquote, "A sinister looking castle known as the dark kingdom"
Other: Dork Kingdom Heir
I'm not sure if I should take "epic" to mean 'Cool action', 'Hilarious', or 'Emotionally Powerful', so I'll throw in a bit of all three.

Off the top of my head, from the first anime...

- Rei running Jadeite over with his own telekinetically hijacked plane

- Ami, with naught in the way of attacks besides Bubble Spray, standing on Nephrite's car to challenge him all by herself (I mean, Bubble Spray doesn't really deal damage, and it's not like Nephrite was water-soluble, so what did she intend to do??)

- Naru standing in the way of the Moon Tiara on purpose, and not backing down, in episode 23

- Pretty much the whole last episode of Nephrite (24), and his and Naru's heroic actions and sad conclusion (24, 26, and 23 are my favorite episodes)

- Makoto punching Zoisite and lifting up youma Gesen (Crane Game Joe) before she ever transforms or really knows what's going on

- Umino rescuing Naru from an exploding boxing glove missile in episode 26! (This moment cemented Umino as one of my most favorite characters.)

- Zoisite stepping in sewage and calling it his greatest challenge ^_^' And also every Rhett Butler scene in general. That little cartoony noise when Zoisite slips into the passage easier than the cats did...

- The scene where the Silver Crystal assembles from the Rainbow Crystals, with Serenity and Endymion's first appearance as such. (I actually like the English song even better than the Japanese one here for once, but the lack of dialogue (aside from the song) in the Japanese scene has better dramatic impact I think).

- Zoisite's last scene :(

- Kunzite's last scene :( :(

- The fall of Silver Millenium flashback scenes in episode 44

- Everyone's last stand at D-Point, especially Rei's final move. "I'm not done yet!"

- Usagi getting back up and running at the end of episode 45

- Mamoru/Endymion snapping out of being mind controlled when Usagi reminds him of the past with the orgel locket

- Usagi marching out to face Beryl alone in episode 46, and the bit where she busts out of the ice pillar in Princess Serenity mode

- How hard the cats try to avoid restoring Usagi's memory in the first episode of R, and how hard it hits her when they do (that plot point was handled really well!)

- Naru trapping Umino inside his sleeping bag and then proceeding with the picnic, in episode 51

- "Supreme Thunder Dragon" is an incredibly cool attack, but sadly only used once.

- Minako putting the cats in her luggage and zipping it up without a word, and then going to see a movie, in episode 57

- Saphir's desperate attempt to stop Wiseman, and his meeting with Petz

- Naru trying to confront Usagi about what she knows, and getting turned away, in episode 87

- Prince Diamande finally doing something sensible by battling Wiseman, and his final plea to Usagi

- Chibi-usa returning to the future at the end of R and how excited she is when she gets there and sees everything restored

- The part of the R movie when 'Moon Revenge' starts playing as Usagi tries to stop the asteroid

- The flashback to Haruka's first transformation into Sailor Uranus, and her conversations with Michiru in the flashbacks

- Haruka and Michiru finding the talismans... and Haruka blasting herself!

- Too many funny one-off bits of Professor Tomoe being goofy in his lab to choose from

- Professor Tomoe getting locked out of his own house, and the shadows falling off his face

- Professor Tomoe trying to limp along and find a way to help Hotaru when he's injured, after the defeat of Germatoid

- Usagi transforming into Super Sailor Moon without the grail near the very end of S, and the mangled condition she returns in with baby Hotaru

- Naru shoving Tiger's Eye off the bench!

- Minako's reaction when she first finds out about Diana, and Artemis getting turned into a pink baby kangaroo

- The Amazon Trio's last episode (I really didn't like them at first, but then I found out how little context for comprehending life they must've had, since they were probably not very old as animals, and honestly they made a good stand of it right at the last minute!)

- Ami's sheer violent craziness in "Ami's First Love", (the bit where she's like "ah, that's better!" and passes out, near the end) and her ominous opaque glasses look

- PallaPalla decides to try checking a whole bunch of mirrors at once!

- The Amazoness Quartet swapping out unconscious Chibi-usa with a life-size doll behind Nehellenia's back

- Old Nehellenia's chestburster Zirconia! Amazing imagery.

- Nehellenia's final scene in Sailor Stars when she asks for a bedtime story

- Iron Mouse being stalked by telephones

- The scene when the Sailor Senshi and Sailor Starlights find out each other's identities on the plane

- Lead Crow trying to stop Galaxia from taking Alluminum Siren's bracelets

- Lead Crow talking to herself about how Aluminum Siren liked theme parks after she's gone

- Tin Nyanko getting half-healed and the subsequent personality whiplash

- Usagi mistaking Seiya for Tuxedo Mask when he throws a rose, then breaking down and screaming in the rain :sadeyes:

- The (surprisingly built-up-in-advance) plot twist with Haruka and Michiru shortly before the final episode, and their last scene from episode 198... did those sparkles remind anyone else of Nephrite (and Saphir's jacket), by the way?

And a few from the manga, which I haven't yet finished yet...

- Minako crying after her very first battle

- Minako trying to save Danburite

- Kunzite watching Beryl in the secret chamber and realizing the truth about what happened to the Shitennou, in Act 10

- Chibi-usa hacking every machine in the Crowd Arcade with Luna P and getting ALL THE CANDY and being like "Yay!"

This isn't really a moment, but I really like Usagi's mask in the early manga.

As for some epic fail, Nephrite went out in the most underwhelming way imaginable in the Manga. In his second outing, he's like "Oho! That was just my shadow, I'm actually behind cover right over here, see?" and then immediately gets his fool self gruesomely melted by Sailor Jupiter, who just learned to use her powers right then. The manga is so hardcore sometimes, that it loops around to being kind of ridiculous! :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:19 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Venus reveals herself to the other Sailor Soldiers and of course that triumphant bgm when Artemis introduces her

The reveal of Sailor Moon as the Moon Princess more so in the DiC dub with the power ballad My Only Love as opposed to the more subdued Japanese version (I liked the Japanese scene epic just doesn’t describe it. Beautiful maybe?)

Mars grabbing the last DD girl by her tentacles and burning her

Princess Serenity and the Sailor Soldiers v Queen Metallia

Usagi using Moon Crystal Power Make up for the first time (the more elegant bgm made it more epic than the more general action beat score of the first transformation)

Moon Revenge

Setsuna reveals herself as Pluto and revives Neptune and Uranus and the 3 use the talisman to create the purity chalice

Super Naked Eternal Sailor Moon vs Galaxia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Other: The Rei-volution

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
redblade7 wrote:

Any scene with The Power of Love is pretty much guaranteed to be epic. I actually kind of prefer that song being used to the original.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:53 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
La Soldier was pretty underwhelming.

Moon Revenge > Power of Love in the R movie though

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:27 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum

most epic scene i ever seen

also

and =^_^=

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I'm just gonna pick one moment from each version of Sailor Moon:

90s anime: when Nehelenia throws Chibi Usa off of the floating building they're on and Sailor Moon dives down after her, with Pegasus saving the day. Amazing.

Manga: when Cosmos uses the Lambda Power.

Crystal: I really liked the scene from the first scene in which Sailor Moon kisses Tuxedo Mask and tells him to get to safety right before she leaps into the battle. The music really made the scene work.

PGSM: Rei using Minako's weapon with her own before she breaks down crying in the rain.

Musicals: Sailor War Supreme from the 1996-1997 winter Sailor Stars revision musical. Everything comes together spectacularly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:29 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Too many to remember them all!

- Photographer Youma episode, fantastic example of how smart Sailor Moon really is.

-Sailor Moon revealed as Princess Serenity. Actually those two episodes are some of my favorites, and the previous one where Venus is introduced.

-Classic Season 1 finale, specifically the beginning of the Metalia X Serenity battle. The pauses and gradual close-ups of their faces, right until Serenity opens her eyes and raises the Moon Stick above her head. It's such a powerful scene to me. The scene where she fights/purifies Mamo is also really good. So basically the whole episode lol.

-R episode where Moon gets her Crystal Star powerup! The Crystal Star/ Cutie Moon Rod are my two favorite artifacts and my favorite version of the classic blue SM fuku. (Much to my irritation the Crystal Star is ALSO the most expensive SM Proplica on the market :roll: )

-The Crystal Tokyo introduction where we get to see the Crystal Palace, meet King Endymion and see NQS in her sleeping state.

-R finale, for the same reasons as the Season 1 finale (though I could have done without Princess Small lady getting in on the action), I love NQS so much.

-Ending of the R Movie, definitely.

-The HILARIOUS episode of S where Minako is trying to get her Heart Crystal taken.

-The ENTIRE S finale. The imagery is incredible and the ''Crisis Make Up!'' scene is beautiful and heartbreaking. S is also my favorite full season.

-Nothing from SuperS. I like the season but there are no moments where I'm like ''Yes, I could watch this a million times''. And I hate the Kaleido-moonscope, it's such an ugly attack item and the attack sequence is boring.

- Anything involving Sailor Pluto. I love her so much and she's gotten so little airtime.

- Stars Finale. It's kinda underwhelming in my opinion, but it's still really good to watch Sailor Moon do what she does best- be compassionate and badass at the same time.

-SMC Saturn's reveal toward the end. Actually most Saturn scenes are amazing, she's such an interesting character and a real treat to watch.

I've read the entire manga only once, so I can't quite remember every great scene but these ones stick out to me:

-Dark Kingdom defeated (specifically the panel with Sailor Moon holding the Moon Stick in staff form, with the Silver Crystal and the moon in the background) It's not as powerful as Classic Anime's version but it's still really pretty.

-The scene in Stars where Minako and Rei take a vow of celibacy in order to protect the Queen, right before they get snatched by Shadow Galactica. Mostly because they look really gorgeous in that scene.

-Anything involving Sailor Cosmos

-When Sailor Moon dives into the Galaxy Cauldron