Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How hi-tech the Silver Millenium was?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:12 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Do you think technology was limited only to people of royal blood and for partying? :booze:

Do they produce food like Star Trek except with magic? :ohmy:

Post subject: Re: How hi-tech the Silver Millenium was?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:39 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Silver Millenium had technology...?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:08 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They had cryo stasis chambers just like in Alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOqzIVen2U

And they have their own version of the Ghost In The Shell matrix complete with holograms and possibly a holodeck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyLJtT0EsyE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:24 am 
Stella
Stella
The Silver Millennium definitely used technology along with magic. I think in Sailor Moon Another Story Sailor Venus even had an ark that doubled as a space ship.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:00 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Eternity Main System was made out to be a pretty big deal as Moon Kingdom technology.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
The Silver Millennium definitely used technology along with magic.

Technology & magic could actually be the same thing to them - when technology has become so advanced, it could look pretty much like magic to us, especially if it's even deliberately engineered to look like magic for aesthetic/religious/etc. reasons or simply just for fun. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:02 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
I once asked about the Seven Great Youma and most people on here seemed to believe they were using their original forms from way back when. This implies that the age of the Silver Millennium had arcade machines and biologists/scientists. Of course this more speaks to the level of technology in the Golden Millennium of Earth but it's the same era.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:53 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Technology & magic could actually be the same thing to them - when technology has become so advanced, it could look pretty much like magic to us, especially if it's even deliberately engineered to look like magic for aesthetic/religious/etc. reasons or simply just for fun. :)

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quot ... ?src=t_any

My personal belief is that not *JUST* humans have the potential to have technology/spirituality/magic(k), but ALL ENTITIES, (protists/plants/micro-organisms/fungi, etc), have the potential to be Technologically/Spiritually/Magic(k)ally gifted, & I hope that the following quote by myself sums up that viewpoint of mine:

https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thread ... stav-Jung/

Also, I think that I'll repost this:

https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thread ... l-Reality/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:42 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
There was a skating rink if that counts........

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Tuf Pic wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quot ... ?src=t_any

Didn't know he's also said the similar thing. :oh:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:31 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Does the skating rink count since Princess Serenity and Sailor Jupiter were good skaters?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Swan Cat wrote:
Does the skating rink count since Princess Serenity and Sailor Jupiter were good skaters?

I don't know about that. A frozen lake and ice skates weren't that hard to come by at a certain point long before things like electricity and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
doctorwho29 wrote:
Swan Cat wrote:

I don't know about that. A frozen lake and ice skates weren't that hard to come by at a certain point long before things like electricity and whatnot.

And the thread title also refers to hi-tech. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:18 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
That would depend if the frozen lake was natural or artificial. :keke:

It's hard imagining life for the average person in the Silver Millenium when there's barely any flashbacks to show off.

I actually use another anime as my point of reference like Log Horizon or Yugioh Arc-V but I can understand why fans think the Silver Millenium's technology is equivalent to 16th century France and its economy is still feudalistic.

Wasn't the PGSM version of the moon kingdom had a dome like Atlantis?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:35 am 
Stella
Stella
rgveda99 wrote:

It's hard imagining life for the average person in the Silver Millenium when there's barely any flashbacks to show off.

I actually use another anime as my point of reference like Log Horizon or Yugioh Arc-V but I can understand why fans think the Silver Millenium's technology is equivalent to 16th century France and its economy is still feudalistic.

Well considering that the Moon Kingdom had a pretty high tech computer and in Another Story Venus even had a space ship. Plus in the Sailor V manga Adonis's army looked pretty futuristic I will say that the Silver Millennium and Golden Kingdom were both advanced in tech and magic and not equivalent to 16th century France.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Well considering that the Moon Kingdom had a pretty high tech computer and in Another Story Venus even had a space ship. Plus in the Sailor V manga Adonis's army looked pretty futuristic I will say that the Silver Millennium and Golden Kingdom were both advanced in tech and magic and not equivalent to 16th century France.

Their architecture, costumes, culture, religion, socioeconomic/political systems, etc. could look/style like Europe's in a past era, but they could still possess ultra-advanced technologies. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:49 am 
Luna
Luna
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Something along the lines of the Juraian High Society from Tenchi Muyo! comes right to my mind.

http://noneedtoreviewtenchi.blogspot.de/p/tenchi-muyo-episode-two-here-comes-ayeka.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Onuzim Ima wrote:
Something along the lines of the Juraian High Society from Tenchi Muyo! comes right to my mind.

http://noneedtoreviewtenchi.blogspot.de/p/tenchi-muyo-episode-two-here-comes-ayeka.html

That sounds about right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Queen Serenity's consciousness is uploaded into a computer. I'd say that is considerably more advanced than anything we have here in the 21st century! The super intelligent AI that would be required to do this and that this would allow to be created would itself be able to have great advancements which might even explain everything we see in the show as being technological in nature. Ami's computer is primitive in comparison.