Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

Poll: Which voice is better for Haruka-Amara/Sailor Uranus?
Japanese: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1. Megumi Ogata First anime 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
2. Junko Minagawa (second anime) 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
3. Sarah LaFleur (CWi/Pioneer) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
4. Erica Mendez (Viz) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
4. All of the voices 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Poll: Which voice is better for Haruka/Amara/Sailor Uranus?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:37 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Poll: Which voice is better for Haruka/Amara/Sailor Uranus?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5IooniXKW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxqeO6ortl4

Post subject: Re: Poll: Which voice is better for Haruka/Amara/Sailor Uranus?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Megumi Ogata is forever Haruka.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Megumi is utterly iconic as Uranus, but Junko did a great job filling her shoes. Sarah was awful as Uranus, just terrible. Everything she said was flat and it sounded like she was trying too hard to speak outside her comfort zone.

I haven't heard anything by Mendez yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:
Everything she said was flat and it sounded like she was trying too hard to speak outside her comfort zone.

This is true. Unlike the Japanese actresses, Sarah LaFleur doesn't have a naturally deep voice. I'm kind of confused why she got picked for the role. Honestly, I thought she did a good job for the most part (especially given the direction she had). I think her voice fits better than Erica, but her acting is a bit wooden. I really liked her performance in episode 93.

Also, I do like Junko, though I think her voice is too deep. Ogata has a deep voice, while still retaining some femininity. Junko doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Megumi Ogata can't be beat as Haruka. Junko comes close, but I actually think she would have worked better for 90s Haruka.

Out of the English voices, I like Erica best. I do think the voice Sarah used fits Haruka better, but everything else was so bad it prevented me from enjoying it. Erica can be a bit shaky at times, but her performance is a huge improvement over Sarah 95% of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:33 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Again I enjoy all the voices in different ways. Ogata is legendary of course but I thought Haruka's Crystal voice was a perfect subsittute and she really fit the role of Haruka well. I thought Amara's Cloverway VA fit her personality well but her voice sounded too wooden at times. I chalk it up to her being primarily a live action actress and not used to voice acting and that they were apparently only given one take to get it right but I think she did a fine job under the circumstances. Erica is the perfect English Haruka to me though and she totally nails it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Japanese - Megumi
English - Sarah (series version, she sounds too feminine in the SuperS movie)

Sarah's voice didn't always sound the best, but it's more fitting and Erica kind of sounds too similar to Amanda Miller (new Sailor Jupiter).