Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Was Usagi a bad fighter fighter early in season 1?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Especially in the first anime, she was a real cry baby during the when Jediate and his youma were around.

Post subject: Re: Was Usagi a bad fighter fighter early in season 1?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:50 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: GottaCatch'emAll
well she was new at being a senshi, being a normal teen was what she knew, she was alone [before Ami/Rei] young and inexperienced
plus she was crybaby before she became sailor moon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:58 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What Rose said she was new at being a Sailor Senshi so she also had to learn how to fight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:32 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
She was bad, but she learned to improvise and actually proved decent. Then the other Sailors came and she became an even worse fighter since all she had to do was hide behind them and only take action for the finishing blow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maetch wrote:
She was bad, but she learned to improvise and actually proved decent.

I miss those days. Remember how she outsmarted Cyrene's super sonic attack? Ah...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:45 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I read a theory some time ago. It said that Usagi was a bad fighter because in her past life she was a princess so unlike the other Senshi she never received a warrior training

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I read a theory some time ago. It said that Usagi was a bad fighter because in her past life she was a princess so unlike the other Senshi she never received a warrior training

A theory that falls flat on the fact Ami started out just as bad and on how the girls' skills from Silver Millennium often failed to translate in their modern lives, at least until they brought them back with training. In fact, the only ones who had a good start (and not just some lucky hit) were Minako, who often got into fights so she already had some skill, and Makoto, who is a martial artist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:11 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
Prince Rose wrote:
well she was new at being a senshi, being a normal teen was what she knew, she was alone [before Ami/Rei] young and inexperienced

^^^this for me as well especially in the 90's anime i also want to add Klutzy to her list of being a bad fighter at the beginning but hey i didn't really pay attention to her fighting i couldn't keep my eyes off her lovely legs :mischief: :mischief:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

^^^this for me as well especially in the 90's anime i also want to add Klutzy to her list of being a bad fighter at the beginning but hey i didn't really pay attention to her fighting i couldn't keep my eyes off her lovely legs :mischief: :mischief:

Same here :mischief: :mischief: =^_^= :usagi: :quagmire:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Are we talking the anime? Because, uh...

She had her moments, you gotta admit. :wow:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Jagshamesh!
foenyanko wrote:

Yeah. Remember the one or two times where she relied on just her wit? Once reflecting sound waves back at a sound youma, and another making a camera youma snap a photo of a mirror to daze it with the flash. The latter time had her with some really good dodging abilities too.

Supreme Meme Thunder!

Join the chatroom here: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
foenyanko wrote:

Her hairclips are missing... You know what that means? They're a power limiter. P-:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I think Usagi was actually pretty tough for being a scared 14 year old girl all on her own. As mentioned above, Usagi knew when to improvise and she managed to beat all those monsters with just a talking cat and a guy with a magic rose helping her. Usagi's issue was her fear holding her back and not her lack of strength.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:48 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
foenyanko wrote:

agreed :love:

Attachments:
1446670_o.gif
1446670_o.gif [ 671.37 KiB | Viewed 444 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:47 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Usagi has always been a lousy fighter...she has strong powers no doubt, but she lacked the fighting skills in actual combat, which is why she usually had to depend on the other Senshis to come and save her arse, before she could finish the villains off with her powers at the very end of most battles. But that's not to say that she was completely hopeless, she still had a few good moments when she was able to defend herself with some quick thinking wit. But I remember in most battles, it was usually the other Senshis who had to come and save her because of her lack of combat skills, before she could finally defeat the villains at the very end of the battles using her powers.