It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Well?
Katie Griffin 65%  65%  [ 15 ]
Emilie Claire Barlow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Christina Vee 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
All 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Favorite voice of Mars (English)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
What is your favorite voice of Sailor Mars?

Post subject: Re: Favorite voice of Mars (English)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:40 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They're all pretty good, but I like Katie the best. Emilie was okay at Mars, I think she did a much better job as Venus. Cristina is fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Katie. I only like Cristina in Crystal.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:58 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
I like both Katie and Christina for different reasons. If I had to choose, it'd probably be Christina since I'm more used to the Viz dub now. Katie does sound more age appropriate though.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Again, for comparison's sake:

I'm voting for Katie. She had a zest and fieriness to her voice that was extremely appropriate for Mars' anime personality. I don't think she would have been a great choice for Mars if the old voice actors were dubbing Crystal, but for the 90s, she was perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:02 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Katie Griffin hands down. I always thought she was one of the strongest DiC VAs. Her voice fits the character perfectly and she played the part well.

Cristina is almost tied with her. She's delivered some good performances, and her voice is perfect for Crystal. The only thing that makes me rank her a bit lower is the inconsistency in her 90s redub performance. She sounded a bit too deep in season 1, and then a bit too old in R. It wasn't until S that she seemed to find a voice that fits 90s Rei. Hopefully she keeps it up. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Definitely the iconic sounding Katie Griffin, but Christina Vee does an okay job, too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
Going by the few episodes I've seen from the originals, I like all the Viz voices better, except that with the Viz voices, Tuxedo Mask and Artemis are often difficult to tell apart.

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:29 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
redblade7 wrote:
Going by the few episodes I've seen from the originals, I like all the Viz voices better, except that with the Viz voices, Tuxedo Mask and Artemis are often difficult to tell apart.

I disagree but then it might be because I've heard Johnny Yong Bosch (Artemis) in a lot of roles, Power Rangers included. ^_^'

I still find his casting in this dub hilarious along with Michelle Ruff (Luna) since they were wrapping up the Bleach dub at the time in which they had played two of that anime's leads for almost 10 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Katie. Her acting really suffered in some projects (notably the movies and S/SuperS), but at her best, she really captured the complex emotions of the character very well. Sometimes she sounded sweet, sometimes a little mean and antagonistic, but she also gave the character a certain darkness that worked. Emilie was a fine substitute, but she was a little too sweet-sounding at times, and she shouted a bit too much. Cristina is fine, but I've never liked the deep, stoic, and serious tone of her version. It works much better in Crystal, but it's so forced in the originals series. She's gotten better in recent episodes, but I still wish she gave (or was directed to give) the character a bigger range of emotions. Her voice in Miraculous Ladybug would work fine. The voice she does use is basically the same as Homura from Madoka Magica. It doesn't work as well for Rei.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:24 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I liked Katie Griffin the best. She was the first English voice actress right?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:14 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
When it comes to the English voices, I'd have to say that Katie Griffin reigns supreme, no questions asked! I could write a book about the amazing justice she brought to the character. She's perfect! :D :love:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:45 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I like Katie Griffin the best for 90s Rei. I think she does the best job of bringing out Rei's firey spirit and I think she does a really good job with her comedy scenes. I think Cristinia Vee is a really good actress but I think she fits Rei's more serious and elegant role in Crystal better but I don't think she's too bad in the 90s anime either. The only one I don't care for is Emilie. It's obvious they just cast her to be a soundalike for Katie and I felt like she didn't bring out her firey side well enough. I felt like Emilie was a lot better as Mina than she was as Rei. I love her as Mina.