* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon in Stars anime
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:21 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
There's been a lot of talk about Stars on the Crystal thread and it made me want to ask this question. Do you guys think Sailor Moon should have had an offensive attack in the final season? She could only heal the whole time and that's cool but the actual fighting was left up to others for the most part. I think they could have done it this way. Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss is pure healing while Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss has an offensive mode as well. It would honestly help explain why an upgrade was needed and would have made the second half of the season potentially more interesting.

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon in Stars anime
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Do you guys think Sailor Moon should have had an offensive attack in the final season? She could only heal the whole time and that's cool but the actual fighting was left up to others for the most part. I think they could have done it this way. Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss is pure healing while Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss has an offensive mode as well. It would honestly help explain why an upgrade was needed and would have made the second half of the season potentially more interesting.

It is an offensive attack as it did destroy Nehellenia's Mirror Paredri. Its like Moon Gorgeous Meditation as it can both be an offensive attack and healing encantation as it can heal a vampire.

Its just that the phages were humans and the villains at that time were searching for true star seeds.

Now if those bracelets were capable of turning inanimate objects into MOTD's most likely her staff would just revert the object back to normal once the spell has been dispersed.

Now for the other boring answer:
Spoiler: show
The writers were running out of ideas and decided to drop the action for the battle scenes. Remember that the writers for :usagi: were also doing Wedding Peach too.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:04 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess I just wanted more action from Moon and a more clear reason that she got an upgrade. I know it happened in the manga but there she needed more firepower to win. Here it's not like the Phages were getting stronger or more difficult to heal unless I missed something. It just seems like she got a whole new attack that was a clone of the old one.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:23 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess I just wanted more action from Moon and a more clear reason that she got an upgrade. I know it happened in the manga but there she needed more firepower to win. Here it's not like the Phages were getting stronger or more difficult to heal unless I missed something. It just seems like she got a whole new attack that was a clone of the old one.

It's not just you doctorwho29. It also didn't made sense to me why she needed a weapon upgrade.

Most of the SuperS and Stars episodes anyway are not worth a rewatch if you're looking for fast paced adrenaline rushing battle scenes.

What's weird is that TOEI was invested in Seiya and co. by giving them 2 transformations and 2 magic attack footages for each when that 2nd set of attacks would have gone to Chronos Typhoon, Space Turbulence, Violin Neptune Tide and a better version of Silent Wall.

Also the :mihiru: :setsuna: :haruka: weren't even in the opening sequence.

Now if you're going to look at it from a business perspective the only characters that had new items were sadly just :usagi: and the Starlights which probably didn't sell well enough. Fans were craving for more outers and it was too late.

At least now with Crystal having more sponsors and being more faithful will probably get to see all the stuff that was missing. =^_^=

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Again makes sense. I like SuperS and Stars a lot but they aren't perfect

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:52 am 
Stella
Stella
rgveda99 wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
Do you guys think Sailor Moon should have had an offensive attack in the final season? She could only heal the whole time and that's cool but the actual fighting was left up to others for the most part. I think they could have done it this way. Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss is pure healing while Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss has an offensive mode as well. It would honestly help explain why an upgrade was needed and would have made the second half of the season potentially more interesting.

It is an offensive attack as it did destroy Nehellenia's Mirror Paredri. Its like Moon Gorgeous Meditation as it can both be an offensive attack and healing encantation as it can heal a vampire.

Its just that the phages were humans and the villains at that time were searching for true star seeds.

Now if those bracelets were capable of turning inanimate objects into MOTD's most likely her staff would just revert the object back to normal once the spell has been dispersed.

Now for the other boring answer:
Spoiler: show
The writers were running out of ideas and decided to drop the action for the battle scenes. Remember that the writers for :usagi: were also doing Wedding Peach too.

Actually the attack Sailor Moon used to destroy the Mirror Paredri was not the same as Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss. That attack was wordless. Also I agree rigveda22 it truly angered me at how the Starlights were given so much time and focus but they Outers were shafted. They got two transformation and attack animations when some of that attention should have gone to the Outers to give them Super transformations and attacks.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:55 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
And technically that vampire wasn't healed. It was a Lemures possessing a girl and killing it somehow freed her. They either needed to explain that one better or just have it be a real vampire that needed killing.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:06 am 
Stella
Stella
doctorwho29 wrote:
And technically that vampire wasn't healed. It was a Lemures possessing a girl and killing it somehow freed her. They either needed to explain that one better or just have it be a real vampire that needed killing.

Yeah the vampire wasn't killed. The Vampire Lemures was possessing Lilica Hubert and killing the vampire freed Lilica from it's influence.

Also I do agree with the poster I would have liked if Sailor Moon was given an offensive attack in Sailor Stars. I think that Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss could be the healing attack and Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss could have been her offensive attack.

One of the few things I liked in the dub of the first season was that they gave Sailor Moon an offensive attack as well. We of course had Moon Healing Escalation for her healing attack but we also got Cosmic Moon Power as her offensive attack. I did like that.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
MariaTenebre wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:

Yeah the vampire wasn't killed. The Vampire Lemures was possessing Lilica Hubert and killing the vampire freed Lilica from it's influence.

Also I do agree with the poster I would have liked if Sailor Moon was given an offensive attack in Sailor Stars. I think that Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss could be the healing attack and Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss could have been her offensive attack.

One of the few things I liked in the dub of the first season was that they gave Sailor Moon an offensive attack as well. We of course had Moon Healing Escalation for her healing attack but we also got Cosmic Moon Power as her offensive attack. I did like that.

I'm glad someone likes my thoughts :)

As for Cosmic Moon Power, I'm honestly torn on that one. I liked how it sounded to be shouted out but it's not accurate to the original version. Then again why use a healing technique against Kunzite? It makes slightly more sense for Queen Serenity, I guess she was trying to purify her kingdom and in fact seven monsters were purified in a sense.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:35 am 
Stella
Stella
doctorwho29 wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:

I'm glad someone likes my thoughts :)

As for Cosmic Moon Power, I'm honestly torn on that one. I liked how it sounded to be shouted out but it's not accurate to the original version. Then again why use a healing technique against Kunzite? It makes slightly more sense for Queen Serenity, I guess she was trying to purify her kingdom and in fact seven monsters were purified in a sense.

Yeah it does make sense for Queen Serenity to use Moon Healing Escalation as she was trying to purify her kingdom, heal the Seven Great Youma and seal away the Dark Kingdom.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Yep

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
rgveda99 wrote:

What's weird is that TOEI was invested in Seiya and co. by giving them 2 transformations and 2 magic attack footages for each when that 2nd set of attacks would have gone to Chronos Typhoon, Space Turbulence, Violin Neptune Tide and a better version of Silent Wall.

Also the :mihiru: :setsuna: :haruka: weren't even in the opening sequence.

Now if you're going to look at it from a business perspective the only characters that had new items were sadly just :usagi: and the Starlights which probably didn't sell well enough. Fans were craving for more outers and it was too late.

At least now with Crystal having more sponsors and being more faithful will probably get to see all the stuff that was missing. =^_^=

I couldn't agree more about the outers - not even a new transformation, even though all it would have meant was a redraw for 95 percent of it from their existing henshins.

That being said, the Starlights technically got THREE attack sequences, since the directors felt the need to redraw the stock footage for a battle-damaged look in their group attack against Galaxia. It's absurd.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Atually, UraNepPlu had their sillhouettes appearing in the 1st stars opening, and were replaced by the Starlightzzz when they made their series debut.
Anyway, around Stars Sailor Moon was pretty much a toy promoting show. They had already sold as much as Inner and Outer Senshi dolls, so they just gave Eternal Moon and the Starlights all screentime possible in order to boost their respective dolls and toy weapons sales.
Just like when they were tired of the first classic team, and gave Sailor Moon a new uniform on S and shafted the Inners to promote the Outer-related merchandise. I also bet they got away with the Outers in Supers to promote the Super Inner dolls.

Last edited by kevoso96 on Mon May 01, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:05 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
kevoso96 wrote:
Atually, UraNepPlu had their sillhouettes appearing in the 1st stars opening, and were replaced by the Starlightzzz when they made their series debut.
Anyway, around Stars Sailor Moon was pretty much a toy promoting show. They had already sold as much as Inner and Outer Senshi dolls, so they just gave Eternal Moon and the Starlights all screentime possible in order to bost their respective dolls and toy weapons sales.

Actually, I once heard that Naoko Takeuchi was going to give the Starlights short hair with no long ponytails but it was the toy people who asked her to put long hair on the them. So yes, the Starlights were partially designed to make a good toy.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:13 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:
Anyway, around Stars Sailor Moon was pretty much a toy promoting show. They had already sold as much as Inner and Outer Senshi dolls, so they just gave Eternal Moon and the Starlights all screentime possible in order to bost their respective dolls and toy weapons sales.

Actually, I once heard that Naoko Takeuchi was going to give the Starlights short hair with no long ponytails but it was the toy people who asked her to put long hair on the them. So yes, the Starlights were partially designed to make a good toy.

Yeah, the folks at bandai.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Sailor Moon was always a toy promoting show, though. Wasn't the series saved from low ratings to begin with because of high sales of the Moon Stick toy?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:

But I think I also remember Naoko complaining that the starlight dolls never actually got made? Or did they?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:49 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kevoso96 wrote:
Anyway, around Stars Sailor Moon was pretty much a toy promoting show. They had already sold as much as Inner and Outer Senshi dolls, so they just gave Eternal Moon and the Starlights all screentime possible in order to boost their respective dolls and toy weapons sales.
Just like when they were tired of the first classic team, and gave Sailor Moon a new uniform on S and shafted the Inners to promote the Outer-related merchandise. I also bet they got away with the Outers in Supers to promote the Super Inner dolls.

I'm sorry but this is not true at all. I just watched the first Sailor Stars opening to confirm and the silhouettes are very obviously belonging to the Sailor Starlights. None of them have Neptune or Pluto's long hair.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:14 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:

But I think I also remember Naoko complaining that the starlight dolls never actually got made? Or did they?

I look it up he only picture I saw was the pullip dolls . I guess they didn't iif they did it wouldn't surprise me if they were . Stars merchandise is rare in general.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What about these? Not sure which year they were released

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
SailorSugababe wrote:
What about these? Not sure which year they were released

They are definetly not made recently . Saoilor Moon merchandise are not usually toys . ( aleast for the20 th anniversry)So I think there probably were release in the 90 s .

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Marveric wrote:
Thank you, They had already sold as much as Inner and Outer Senshi dolls, so they just gave Eternal Moon and the Starlights all screentime possible in order to bost their respective dolls and toy weapons sales.

[url=[Link removed.]]sbobet mobile[/url]

The worst part? They failed at it.
Sailor Stars only had 33 episodes (the lowest rated ones) and the merchandise apparently didn't sell, since it's as rare as season 1 merchandise, if not more.
All this at the the expense of having the Inners, who were in the bandwagon since the very beginning, die four episodes before the final battle...

[Edited by Rika-moth to remove the link to a betting site in the above quote.]