Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What do you think of Mamoru and Usagi's love/hate thing?
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:52 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Personally ,I find it kinda cute how Mamoru calls Usagi "Dumpling head" and they slowly start to like each other. Although at times , I think they could have handled it a little bit better. Like the time when Usagi berated Mamoru for holding Luna, when he just saved her from being trampled by a truck, she should have softened up and thanked him. Lol I kinda think that made Mamoru believe that Usagi didn't like him back, which might have caused him to accept Rei's date with him (and because she was so clingy to him that he couldn't resist).

Post subject: Re: What do you think of Mamoru and Usagi's love/hate thing?
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:46 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
It's fine by me, but I'm not keen on what else follows: they get separated twice, and then there's a poorly done breakup.

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:29 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: gotta go fast
I think he doesn't appreciate her enough, takes her for grated, sure as tux he does what's expected/required but that should go without saying since that's his roll but chiba as a civilian I'm more talking about.

Usagi isn't perfect either, she can be selfish, bratty at times and needy

as for the times they bumped into each other in season 1
honestly they seemed more like bro and sis teasing one another, the build up really started around the rainbow crystal arc and even then it was from acquaintance to friend even in the elevator, friend territory, then boom lovers in the same ep - faster than I can say marry had a little lamb. Honestly they are better as friends than lovers in the 90s anime
manga eh it's better

PGSM was the best set up for them

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:33 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
I think he doesn't appreciate her enough, takes her for grated, sure as tux he does what's expected/required but that should go without saying since that's his roll but chiba as a civilian I'm more talking about.

Usagi isn't perfect either, she can be selfish, bratty at times and needy

as for the times they bumped into each other in season 1
honestly they seemed more like bro and sis teasing one another, the build up really started around the rainbow crystal arc and even then it was from acquaintance to friend even in the elevator, friend territory, then boom lovers in the same ep - faster than I can say marry had a little lamb. Honestly they are better as friends than lovers in the 90s anime
manga eh it's better

PGSM was the best set up for them

That is simply not true when they were dating Mamoru was nothing less then the model boyfriend. He bended over backwards to please Usagi and showed his love for her numerous times even when she was being bratty or selfish.

Next I never saw the brother sister vibe between them. They acted like two people who really were attracted to each other but didn't know how to express their feelings. This is a very old trope the love hate relationship. It is used on Inuyasha with Inuyasha and Kagome, Wedding Peach with Momoko and Yousuke etc. Also Usagi and Mamoru did express their feelings for one another before the elevator episode. Like for instance when Rei and Mamoru went on their "date" Usagi was insanely jealous and followed them making a fool out of herself due to her feelings for Mamoru. On the art episode with Yumemi Yumeno the two showed they had an attraction to one another and then they began becoming closer and friendly with one another. On the episode when they realize their identities they even begin to flirt with one another in the elevator. Besides that the two really became close in their identities as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask and definitely showed interest in one another. Plus we can't forget that during the Makaiju arc the two began to be close without the aid of memories.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:35 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
MariaTenebre wrote:
That is simply not true when they were dating Mamoru was nothing less then the model boyfriend. He bended over backwards to please Usagi and showed his love for her numerous times even when she was being bratty or selfish.

lol like the episode Usagi threw a tantrum and slapped him because he "forgot" her birthday even though she never actually told him when that was and then he bought her those beautiful glass slippers she wanted and pretty much sprinted to give them to her and besides he cheered up my Ami-Chan as well saying he'd take a needle if Ami-Chan was the one giving it to him XD

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:26 am 
Stella
Stella
Ryo Urawa wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

lol like the episode Usagi threw a tantrum and slapped him because he "forgot" her birthday even though she never actually told him when that was and then he bought her those beautiful glass slippers she wanted and pretty much sprinted to give them to her and besides he cheered up my Ami-Chan as well saying he'd take a needle if Ami-Chan was the one giving it to him XD

Exactly I am not saying that Mamoru is perfect but he is still a very kind man and a good boyfriend. While Usagi can be loving and kind she also has a selfish and nasty side like shown here. Neither one of them are perfect but neither one of them are bad people and they make a good couple.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:40 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^I also find Mamoru less creepy and more natural in the 90s anime too his Crystal counterpart always irked me he was too perfect (almost a Sue)