Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: When Will We Get the English Dub Online Again?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Where is Sailor Moon S's English Dub online from Yahoo View? Why did Vizmedia not put it up yet? Will we never get the rest of Sailor Moon by Vizmedia online ever? I can't afford to buy the DVD sets and my libraries don't have the sets either, nor do any of my friends. :( I want to see the VizMedia dub of S, Super S, and Stars but know I can't afford the sets. Do you think Viz will ever release the rest of the English dub online for Yahoo View or another streaming service?

Post subject: Re: When Will We Get the English Dub Online Again?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
It's doubtful they'll have it up anytime soon. Hulu seems to be slowly purging their anime from their site and Viz probably wants more people to support the physical releases than the streaming. If you don't care about all the bells and whistles of the special edition Blu Rays, the DVDs are really cheap and easy to find. Walmart has them for like $30 and Amazon currently has them marked down for $19. The standard edition DVDs are a lot cheaper than most American TV series boxsets. https://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Seas ... ailor+Moon

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 pm 
inactive
I know the DVDs tend to be cheaper but even $30 or $20 is still pricey at least to me. Plus you know all TV, Movie, Book, Music companies they ALWAYS RE-RELEASE stuff so you know years later after SM Stars a BIG box set may get released probably so I'd rather wait for that to come out then buy the sets individually.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I should think buying a complete series boxset would be more expensive than buying the standard edition DVDs. Complete series boxsets rarely happen with anime DVDs and I've certainly never seen Viz do anything like that, so you're going to be waiting a long time if you're holding out on something like that. You're also taking a risk in assuming the Sailor Moon license will last forever in not buying the physical release as soon as you can.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:33 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They will probably have the S dub up again when Part 2 is released...same goes for Super S and Stars--they haven't dubbed them yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 am 
inactive
So when is the rest of Sailor Moon going to be put on Yahoo View in its English dub form for FREE streaming? Or is that DEAD FOREVER?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:33 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
napy666 wrote:
So when is the rest of Sailor Moon going to be put on Yahoo View in its English dub form for FREE streaming? Or is that DEAD FOREVER?

I doubt that will happen. I might be wrong but who knows?

I always saw the free English streaming as a "commercial" of sorts for the Blu-rays/DVDs.

If you insist on streaming or playing the episodes on a computer/device, you can buy them on iTunes and Amazon -- you can purchase whole-seasons or individual episodes. If you don't want to do that, then you can download the episodes, though I wouldn't recommend that if you can buy the discs. You can always buy the discs and encode them yourself so you can have your own personal copies stored on your hard drive.

I do believe Viz is still streaming the Japanese episodes so that's your only option right now if you want to stream from an official source and not spend any money.

Your best bet in this situation, I feel, is to buy the episodes on iTunes or Amazon. It's legal/official and it's also probably the cheapest option. Or you can buy used copies of the DVDs/Blu-rays, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I should think buying a complete series boxset would be more expensive than buying the standard edition DVDs. Complete series boxsets rarely happen with anime DVDs and I've certainly never seen Viz do anything like that, so you're going to be waiting a long time if you're holding out on something like that. You're also taking a risk in assuming the Sailor Moon license will last forever in not buying the physical release as soon as you can.

They're more money spent at one time, but overall, it is cheaper. But I'd rather spend $50 every 6 months than spend $500 all at once. But you're right, Viz doesn't really do complete series box sets for long-running series.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
My bet waits for them to be on sale. Also, you can get them cheap at Walmart