Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: What if the reason Naoko is difficult to work with...
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:03 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
...is because she's literally a company of one? I'm sure it's no easy task trying to negotiate licensing to THE WHOLE WORLD.

Well it's just a theory but I have trouble reconciling the image of her as a shrew with this interview, despite his much time has passed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Pedcv6zQM

Post subject: Re: What if the reason Naoko is difficult to work with...
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:21 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
As much as I would love to discuss this topic, I believe that doing so is futile.

Much like the Crystal threads ("Crystal fans Vs. non-Crystal fans; S1-S2 Vs S3) and the previous Naoko threads, people will feel overly sensitive, complain, make snide remarks, and then the thread will get locked. Although I believe that fans have the right to speculate and complain if they feel that Naoko's policies regarding the international licensing of her property is unfair (I believe it is), many fans interpret what is said as a personal attack against Naoko as an individual or themselves. The fact that the Naoko threads got locked disappointed me. As I stated previously, I feel that fans need to learn how to express empathy towards one another. I also think it is necessary to learn how to communicate better by understanding and being understood --as well as, of course, accept some humor and do not take a light joke about Naoko or Sailor Moon as an insult.

This will be my only reply to this thread. Even if the thread does not get locked, I will not bother to continue replying. I apologize for discussing my feelings so openly and I also would like to thank each of you for understanding how I feel.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:28 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I doubt its just her because there's so many different aspects of the franchise to deal with: manga, 90s anime, new anime, live action series, video games, musicals, all kinds of merchandise, events and who knows what more.

But if by some miracle this was true then sadly Naoko could blame only herself because she's wealthy enough to hire some people to help her dealing with this.

But again, i just dont believe its just her doing all that stuff.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: gotta go fast
I sense the potential for chaos here so locking

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]