* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Moon magic 90's Japan fan contest
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:04 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Saw this on facebook. =^_^=

https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/2017/05/ ... ry-attack/

Quote:
Today, we’re talking about attacks suggested by fans to the anime staff!

Shortly after the Sailor Moon anime hit the airwaves, the popular anime magazine Animage1 ran a contest for fans to propose characters, attacks, and other story ideas to take place in the Sailor Moon universe. The results of this first contest were judged by members of the production staff and resulted in new catchphrases for Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars being adapted into the show.

Since I’ve already covered some of the fans’ proposed story developments – though sadly, none were ever adopted – today we’re looking at the attacks that unfortunately were never quite put into practice.

There's more but the author will do the other half some time in the future.

Post subject: Re: Moon magic 90's Japan fan contest
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:21 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
And you have no thoughts yourself on this? P-: P-:

I think this is pretty cool. The arrow is probably the coolest attack, but a bow and arrow is definitely Mars territory so it may not work. "Sailor Finale" or whatever is just a hentai anime waiting to happen, sounds ridiculous. The sword would have been interesting if they incorporated the sword that Venus uses to kill Beryl in the manga, but all the same, I like that Sailor Moon herself doesn't really use "weapons" -- she uses staffs and wands, and she focuses on healing/purifying.

Obviously not all bows and arrows have this connotation (Cupid's arrow, anyone?), but the imagery itself might be a bit too out of character for Sailor Moon herself.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:51 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I've always wondered why Sailor Moon always uses an item - whether it's her tiara or a wand or the Holy Grail/Moon Calice - to attack. The others all seem to have at least one purely energy-based attack; why doesn't she?

Anyway, I think "Mars Dynamite!" would have been an amazing attack.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I've always wondered why Sailor Moon always uses an item - whether it's her tiara or a wand or the Holy Grail/Moon Calice - to attack. The others all seem to have at least one purely energy-based attack; why doesn't she?

Anyway, I think "Mars Dynamite!" would have been an amazing attack.

The real-life answer: to sell toys.

A possible in-universe answer: Sailor Moon is different from the other Sailor Soldiers. She was specifically created by Queen Serenity to "create a new history for the stars" (see the chapter in which Serenity visits the Galaxy Cauldron) and she did not exist during the Silver Millennium. She might be a new "type" of Sailor Soldier. Furthermore, Sailor Cosmos -- the "future Sailor Moon" (whatever that means) -- uses the energy of all of the Sailor Crystals in the galaxy, though we don't see her use these in an attack. Not sure what point I'm trying to make but I find it interesting.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
John wrote:

The real-life answer: to sell toys.

Crystal could break up with this, tho. Some of Naoko and Osabu's early original attack concepts for Sailor Moon, like feather darts and further using of the tiara could have been used.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:00 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
You make a very good point, John. Sailor Moon is a new type of Sailor Soldier.