* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Discussion of Takeuchi's involvement with the franchise
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:03 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Summertime Senshi
this thread is a branch off of the discussion started in the Sailor Moon Crystal - New Season Confirmed thread

speculate on Naoko's involvement on the series crystal or otherwise here

Post subject: Re: Discussion of Takeuchi's involvement with the franchise
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If she's so inaccessible, maybe someone could ask Osabu about it (no guarantee he'd answer, of course)? :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:56 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Well, according to Selecta Vision, the spanish distributor for the 20th anniversary relaunch, they signed a deal with Toei years ago and Naoko still hasn't sat down to analyze their business plan. So the release in Spain is being waaay delayed.
They also said that Toei informed them a lot of international authorizations were pending because of this. The brazilian manga editor JBC also mentioned that they need her authorization for a lot of stuff including covers. So, apparently she is supposed to verify everything that has to do with Sailor Moon nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:05 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
If she's so inaccessible, maybe someone could ask Osabu about it (no guarantee he'd answer, of course)? :)

She will never answer and explain anything. Otherwise she would have to admit she either didn't even bother watching SMC before it was released to TV screens; or she saw it and personally approved all the artwork and animation. I doubt she is eager to admit either of these two.

kevoso96 wrote:
So, apparently she is supposed to verify everything that has to do with Sailor Moon nowadays.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

She will never answer and explain anything. Otherwise she would have to admit she either didn't even bother watching SMC before it was released to TV screens; or she saw it and personally approved all the artwork and animation. I doubt she is eager to admit either of these two.

That's why I hope Osabu would betray something interesting while answering fans' questions about her, tho I think that's unlikely. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:02 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
When it comes to Crystal there's no way she isnt heavily involved.

If she's choosing voice actors herself for the Viz version of the 90s anime then i do believe she's (at the very least) choosing/approving character designs for Crystal and maybe even choosing directors.

90s anime, PGSM and musicals are just loosely based on her manga and yet Naoko was involved (and is to this day with her PNP), Crystal is literally an adaptation of the manga, almost word for word, panel for panel. We know Naoko wrote some lyrics for Crystal, i dont think thats all since its the animated version of her own work

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Evidence to the contrary is that Naoko requested more "funny faces" in season III. This indicates she saw season 1/2 and was disappointed by the lack of funny faces, which in turn indicates she was not involved very closely with the production of the show, otherwise she would have been aware of that issue during production and had them include funny faces from the beginning.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:17 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Evidence to the contrary is that Naoko requested more "funny faces" in season III. This indicates she saw season 1/2 and was disappointed by the lack of funny faces, which in turn indicates she was not involved very closely with the production of the show, otherwise she would have been aware of that issue during production and had them include funny faces from the beginning.

LOL. Does that mean she likes the 90's more?

Or was she also devastated by the lack of quality in S1 Crystal?

Akira Toriyama was also disappointed with DB Super's animation quality.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 pm 
Luna
Luna
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Evidence to the contrary is that Naoko requested more "funny faces" in season III.

I never heard that before. Do you have a source for that? I thought that was just the new director's doing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MementoNepenthe wrote:

I guess its possible she approved the designs and people working on the show but she didnt realize that they'll tone down the visual humor. Please note that the first episode was finished like a day or two before broadcasting and it wasnt that obvious they'll cut out humor just by watching that episode. I guess she thought it would be a slightly different show than it really turned out to be

I also think its possible Naoko requested more funny faces way before season 3 because those suddenly started appearing in Black Moon arc (specially acts 17 and 19 but not only).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sailor Starlight wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Evidence to the contrary is that Naoko requested more "funny faces" in season III.

I never heard that before. Do you have a source for that? I thought that was just the new director's doing.

My Googling skills are not great so I could come up with so far is this unsourced statement: https://sailorcrisis.tumblr.com/post/14 ... es-for-the

But IIRC around when Season III came out, Chiaki gave an interview where she said Naoko requested they put more funny faces into the series. I'll keep digging to see if I can find the original source, but maybe someone else will have better luck. Or maybe it's just a rumor, lol.

ETA: Here's another post from Sailor Crisis, also unsourced, but maybe someone who knows Japanese can track down the original Japanese source (if it exists, lol) - https://sailorcrisis.tumblr.com/post/14 ... nd-new-and

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:02 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I thought Naoko had a lot to say in Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. :orly:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:50 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Sailor Starlight wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

My Googling skills are not great so I could come up with so far is this unsourced statement: https://sailorcrisis.tumblr.com/post/14 ... es-for-the

But IIRC around when Season III came out, Chiaki gave an interview where she said Naoko requested they put more funny faces into the series. I'll keep digging to see if I can find the original source, but maybe someone else will have better luck. Or maybe it's just a rumor, lol.

ETA: Here's another post from Sailor Crisis, also unsourced, but maybe someone who knows Japanese can track down the original Japanese source (if it exists, lol) - https://sailorcrisis.tumblr.com/post/14 ... nd-new-and

These were interesting reads!

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi: