Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:59 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2016
Posts: 213
Gender: female
It would have been bad because of the age difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 29, 2014
Posts: 342
Gender: Male
He did love her yes. Now was it romantic love...I'm not sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:25 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 910
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Like you implied, Swan Cat, Nephrite is depicted as being in his early 20s and Naru is supposed to be 14 (or 13 just turning 14).

In most cases, a 20-something dating a 14-year-old is NOT love.

That said, he did sacrifice his life for her...this is fiction and not at all like real life, so it's hard to say.

This is why the 90s anime sometimes frustrates me. x___x I love so many of its fun filler episodes, but when it tries stuff like this, it's just awful. Naru didn't deserve such a creepy love interest.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:51 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 29, 2014
Posts: 342
Gender: Male
Why couldn't he have grown to love her as a friend or something platonic like that? And even if he was "in love" with her, keep in mind he's evil and has a messed up moral compass. Age may not matter to him and Naru's end was not depicted as healthy. They both were in need of help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:51 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4213
Swan Cat wrote:
It would have been bad because of the age difference.

Again age is nothing but a number and Nephrite and Naru are no more problematic in their age differences then Mamoru and Usagi.

John wrote:
Like you implied, Swan Cat, Nephrite is depicted as being in his early 20s and Naru is supposed to be 14 (or 13 just turning 14).

In most cases, a 20-something dating a 14-year-old is NOT love.

That said, he did sacrifice his life for her...this is fiction and not at all like real life, so it's hard to say.

This is why the 90s anime sometimes frustrates me. x___x I love so many of its fun filler episodes, but when it tries stuff like this, it's just awful. Naru didn't deserve such a creepy love interest.

Actually Nephrite's age is given as 19. So again I don't see why they can't be in love when I was that age I always went for much older guys. A 14 year old is not a child and the two were shown to have a very loving romance.

Besides I don't see how people can make such a stink about Naru being with Nephrite due to age issues and yet support Senshi/Shitennou or Usagi/Mamoru. I mean Kunzite is 25 and Zoisite is 16 and they still make a beautiful couple.

Plus for the record Kunzite is 25, Nephrite is 19, Jadeite is 18, Mamoru is I think 17 all though he is in college and Zoisite is 16.

doctorwho29 wrote:
Why couldn't he have grown to love her as a friend or something platonic like that? And even if he was "in love" with her, keep in mind he's evil and has a messed up moral compass. Age may not matter to him and Naru's end was not depicted as healthy. They both were in need of help.

Again how is Nephrite's love for Naru anymore problematic or wrong then Mamoru's love for Usagi or the Shitennou's love for their respective Senshi in Crystal. Plus I think in Japan the age of consent is 13 all though the specifics vary and again when I was a teen I always went for older guys. Heck its seems that a lot of girls do. I mean it isn't pedophilia as they are not prepubescent children but are pubescent and thus sexual creatures.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:39 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 4668
Location: "Studying" With Ami-Chan!
Gender: Male
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^i agree with ya maria 100%

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:59 am 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jun 20, 2013
Posts: 736
i definitely don't think it's meant to be any weirder or any less genuine than the main couple's romance.. also, like Maria said, in Japan, the age of consent is much younger than it is in the US or Canada (Japan's is 13 bs 16-18) which i think lends itself to a lot of very different takes on couples and romance between our cultures. i'm not condoning an actual relationship between a 14 yr old girl and a 19 yr old boy, i'm just saying that you have to remember that the author in a country with different age of consent laws is likely going to see it from a different viewpoint. a lot of media in this country plays with romantic stories developing between a girl or boy who's 16/17 and a partner who may be 5+ yrs older, because that's the youngest age we deem it acceptable in our society to start talking about and portraying those narratives, and the general idea of a young main character with an older love interest seems exciting. but those norms aren't the same everywhere.

--personally, i thought Nephrite and Naru were sweet together, btw! i have a hard time not thinking of all the 14 yr girls in Sailor Moon as being like, 16 or 17 even in season one, though. i guess i scale it up to what i'm comfortable with, and what seems more realistic to me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:13 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 1629
Location: Moon Castle, Sea of Serenity, Moon
Gender: Female
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
MariaTenebre wrote:
Swan Cat wrote:
It would have been bad because of the age difference.

Again age is nothing but a number and Nephrite and Naru are no more problematic in their age differences then Mamoru and Usagi.

John wrote:
Like you implied, Swan Cat, Nephrite is depicted as being in his early 20s and Naru is supposed to be 14 (or 13 just turning 14).

In most cases, a 20-something dating a 14-year-old is NOT love.

That said, he did sacrifice his life for her...this is fiction and not at all like real life, so it's hard to say.

This is why the 90s anime sometimes frustrates me. x___x I love so many of its fun filler episodes, but when it tries stuff like this, it's just awful. Naru didn't deserve such a creepy love interest.

Actually Nephrite's age is given as 19. So again I don't see why they can't be in love when I was that age I always went for much older guys. A 14 year old is not a child and the two were shown to have a very loving romance.

Besides I don't see how people can make such a stink about Naru being with Nephrite due to age issues and yet support Senshi/Shitennou or Usagi/Mamoru. I mean Kunzite is 25 and Zoisite is 16 and they still make a beautiful couple.

Plus for the record Kunzite is 25, Nephrite is 19, Jadeite is 18, Mamoru is I think 17 all though he is in college and Zoisite is 16.

doctorwho29 wrote:
Why couldn't he have grown to love her as a friend or something platonic like that? And even if he was "in love" with her, keep in mind he's evil and has a messed up moral compass. Age may not matter to him and Naru's end was not depicted as healthy. They both were in need of help.

Again how is Nephrite's love for Naru anymore problematic or wrong then Mamoru's love for Usagi or the Shitennou's love for their respective Senshi in Crystal. Plus I think in Japan the age of consent is 13 all though the specifics vary and again when I was a teen I always went for older guys. Heck its seems that a lot of girls do. I mean it isn't pedophilia as they are not prepubescent children but are pubescent and thus sexual creatures.


I agree! :ohmy:

_________________
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true, believe in yourself, the rest is up me and you"

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:06 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membership
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Posts: 1518
I always got the impression that the Generals in the 90s anime were supposed to be hundreds of years old since it was never clear if the Dark Kingdom was reborn or just sealed away by Queen Serenity like it is in the manga.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 10, 2016
Posts: 76
I think that he did in the end. Naru showed Nephrite how to love and care for others, something he never saw in the Dark Kingdom. He saw kindness and innocence in her, and wanted to protect that and her to the very end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 am 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4213
Neon Genesis wrote:
I always got the impression that the Generals in the 90s anime were supposed to be hundreds of years old since it was never clear if the Dark Kingdom was reborn or just sealed away by Queen Serenity like it is in the manga.

The Dark Kingdom was implied in the 90s anime to have been sealed away as opposed to dying and being reborn in the 90s so yeah they would be hundreds of years old however also it was implied that they seemed to be in some kind of sleep until something stirred them atleast to my understanding.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:14 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Posts: 10964
Location: Embelyon
MariaTenebre wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
I always got the impression that the Generals in the 90s anime were supposed to be hundreds of years old since it was never clear if the Dark Kingdom was reborn or just sealed away by Queen Serenity like it is in the manga.

The Dark Kingdom was implied in the 90s anime to have been sealed away as opposed to dying and being reborn in the 90s so yeah they would be hundreds of years old however also it was implied that they seemed to be in some kind of sleep until something stirred them atleast to my understanding.

So, does being a few hundred years old make Nephrite's love for underage girls more creepy, or less creepy?

_________________
Image
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... shoujocity
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shoujo- ... 1128360282


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 pm 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4213
Maraviollantes wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
I always got the impression that the Generals in the 90s anime were supposed to be hundreds of years old since it was never clear if the Dark Kingdom was reborn or just sealed away by Queen Serenity like it is in the manga.

The Dark Kingdom was implied in the 90s anime to have been sealed away as opposed to dying and being reborn in the 90s so yeah they would be hundreds of years old however also it was implied that they seemed to be in some kind of sleep until something stirred them atleast to my understanding.

So, does being a few hundred years old make Nephrite's love for underage girls more creepy, or less creepy?

It is no more creepy then any of the other pairings I mentioned. Plus they were portrayed with sincere love for one another.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 624
MariaTenebre wrote:
A 14 year old is not a child



A 14 year old IS a child.

Quote:
Mamoru is I think 17

He's at LEAST 18. You can't use his manga age when the anime aged him from high school to college.



Quote:
. Heck its seems that a lot of girls do. I mean it isn't pedophilia as they are not prepubescent children but are pubescent and thus sexual creatures.


It it however wrong for an adult to get involved with a 13/14 year old.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm 
Luna
Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 910
Location: New York
Gender: Male
I disagree with almost everything you're saying, Maria -- and some of the stuff you're saying is truly frightening.

What scares me the most is that you're thinking about this from the girl's perspective, but not the older man's perspective and what it means for or says about him.

Let me break it down for you:

MariaTenebre wrote:
Again age is nothing but a number and Nephrite and Naru are no more problematic in their age differences then Mamoru and Usagi.


1) Age is nothing but a number...when you're both ADULTS! My parents were 13 years apart, but they were adults when they met and fell in love. I don't care if you're 18 and you fall in love with a 50 year-old -- it's still unusual but there's nothing wrong with it. But you can't say "age is nothing but a number" in order to JUSTIFY AN ADULT DATING A CHILD.

YOU ARE JUSTIFYING AN ADULT DATING A CHILD. Let that sink in for a minute.

2) Mamoru and Usagi DO have problematic age differences in the 90s anime. Thankfully the original manga has them closer in age and Mamoru is still under 18, and a high school student. But yes, the 90s anime made this a problem as well, Maria.

MariaTenebre wrote:
Actually Nephrite's age is given as 19. So again I don't see why they can't be in love when I was that age I always went for much older guys. A 14 year old is not a child and the two were shown to have a very loving romance.


A 14-year-old is a child.

A 14-year-old is a child.

A 14-year-old is a child.

It doesn't matter that you "went for much older guys" when you were 14. I had a crush on a gym teacher when I was 14. That's fine. But an older man -- 19 or otherwise -- actually dating someone who's only 14? That's not okay.

It may be innocent for a 14 year old to be ATTRACTED to someone older, but for an older person to be ATTRACTED to a younger person like that is not okay.

Stop looking at it from your own perspective and start thinking about what it means for the older man. Thinking back to when I was 19...if my 19-year-old buddies were introducing me to their 14-year-old girlfriend, it would make me very uncomfortable and I would consider calling the police. It would also make me think that my friend is a complete loser who can't find people his own age to date. There is a stereotype of the loser "older" guy in his early 20s (or 19) who consistently dates high school freshmen...and it's a negative stereotype for a reason.

Quote:
Besides I don't see how people can make such a stink about Naru being with Nephrite due to age issues and yet support Senshi/Shitennou or Usagi/Mamoru. I mean Kunzite is 25 and Zoisite is 16 and they still make a beautiful couple.


1) The Senshi/Shitennou pairings are garbage.
2) Usagi/Mamoru in the 90s anime is likewise problematic. The manga is better.
3) Kunzite and Zoisite do NOT make a beautiful couple AT ALL! Besides the age difference, there's also the fact that they play into gay stereotypes in a HARMFUL WAY.

Seriously...I question your judgment here, Maria.

_________________
Check out my Sera Myu (Sailor Moon musical) review thread! Soon to be updated. :)

#BlueLivesMatter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:03 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 624
Ewww I totally looked over Maria using the pedo adored classic "Age is just a number"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:27 pm 
Stella
Stella
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Posts: 4213
John wrote:
I disagree with almost everything you're saying, Maria -- and some of the stuff you're saying is truly frightening.

What scares me the most is that you're thinking about this from the girl's perspective, but not the older man's perspective and what it means for or says about him.

Let me break it down for you:

MariaTenebre wrote:
Again age is nothing but a number and Nephrite and Naru are no more problematic in their age differences then Mamoru and Usagi.


1) Age is nothing but a number...when you're both ADULTS! My parents were 13 years apart, but they were adults when they met and fell in love. I don't care if you're 18 and you fall in love with a 50 year-old -- it's still unusual but there's nothing wrong with it. But you can't say "age is nothing but a number" in order to JUSTIFY AN ADULT DATING A CHILD.

YOU ARE JUSTIFYING AN ADULT DATING A CHILD. Let that sink in for a minute.

2) Mamoru and Usagi DO have problematic age differences in the 90s anime. Thankfully the original manga has them closer in age and Mamoru is still under 18, and a high school student. But yes, the 90s anime made this a problem as well, Maria.

MariaTenebre wrote:
Actually Nephrite's age is given as 19. So again I don't see why they can't be in love when I was that age I always went for much older guys. A 14 year old is not a child and the two were shown to have a very loving romance.


A 14-year-old is a child.

A 14-year-old is a child.

A 14-year-old is a child.

It doesn't matter that you "went for much older guys" when you were 14. I had a crush on a gym teacher when I was 14. That's fine. But an older man -- 19 or otherwise -- actually dating someone who's only 14? That's not okay.

It may be innocent for a 14 year old to be ATTRACTED to someone older, but for an older person to be ATTRACTED to a younger person like that is not okay.

Stop looking at it from your own perspective and start thinking about what it means for the older man. Thinking back to when I was 19...if my 19-year-old buddies were introducing me to their 14-year-old girlfriend, it would make me very uncomfortable and I would consider calling the police. It would also make me think that my friend is a complete loser who can't find people his own age to date. There is a stereotype of the loser "older" guy in his early 20s (or 19) who consistently dates high school freshmen...and it's a negative stereotype for a reason.

Quote:
Besides I don't see how people can make such a stink about Naru being with Nephrite due to age issues and yet support Senshi/Shitennou or Usagi/Mamoru. I mean Kunzite is 25 and Zoisite is 16 and they still make a beautiful couple.


1) The Senshi/Shitennou pairings are garbage.
2) Usagi/Mamoru in the 90s anime is likewise problematic. The manga is better.
3) Kunzite and Zoisite do NOT make a beautiful couple AT ALL! Besides the age difference, there's also the fact that they play into gay stereotypes in a HARMFUL WAY.

Seriously...I question your judgment here, Maria.

First of all a 14 year old is not a child. A child is a prepubescent being that has not become a sexual creature yet. A 14 year old or a teenager is a young man or woman and thus has become a sexual being. Pretending like teenagers are children who are sexually innocent is simply nonsense. It is the same reason that abstinence only education fails because it again treats teenagers as children when they are not. I live in the South and treating kids as if they are children has only seen the rise of VDs and teen pregnancy. The issue is such a big thing here my brother's former high school even had a daycare center because so many teens there were. Again teens are sexual creatures and pretending like they are not simply does not work at all. Personally I think that Japan has it more rationally having a lower age of consent because again puberty turns teens into sexual creatures this is a matter of biology. What we should do is equip teens to have clean and safe sexual relations regardless of the ages the teens are having sex with. As for the men who are in relations with younger women again all of the guys I was with were very nice gentlemanly men. Much nicer and more mature then the little morons I was in school with. Plus several girls I knew were dating older guys. Also I don't think that an older guy who dates younger women are losers none of the men I dated were some of my female friends even married the guys they were with later. Again age is nothing but a number when it comes to consenting people. Again prepubescent children obviously can not give consent but pretending like that teenagers can not give consent or are children completely in capable of making sexual decisions is nonsense. They have become sexual creatures and they are going to experiment and have sex. We can only give them the tools to have sex the proper way instead of pretending like they are kids which they are not. I don't think it is a problem to like younger people provided you are not having sex with a child and in fact there are many countries with lower then 18 age of consent laws. Being a young person I always connected more with older people and none of the guys I was with were losers at all and they liked me for who I was and our interests age meant nothing but again I see nothing wrong with liking teens or younger people. Hell the teen stuff is big in porn.

Next Usagi and Mamoru have nearly as wide of an age difference in the 90s anime as they do in the manga. The difference is in Classic and R in the 90s anime Mamoru is all ready in college where as in the manga he is in his last year of high school but his age is the same he is 17 years old. By S or the Mugen arc he is 18 and Usagi is 15.

Next Zoisite and Kunzite do make a great couple. They are very loving to one another and their love showed a sympathetic side to them. Also I don't see they as offensive gay stereotypes. They are villains but it was implied that they were originally Endymion's guardians who were brainwashed by Beryl. Zoisite is just a feminine gay man and Kunzite is more masculine. They are no more offensive then say Haruka and Michiru in their personalities. Also again their age difference means nothing they are always shown to be a loving and devoted romantic couple who would do anything for the other. Again tons of teens especially girls date older men and I see nothing wrong with it. Heck in the ancient world because people died early people also married earlier and again a teen is not a child biologically and pretending like teens are innocent children who must be shielded from all things sexual is not practical and the rampant teen pregnancies and STD contraction among teens is proof that this idea doesn't work because again teens aren't children. When I was younger I knew exactly what I was doing and I was the aggressor in all of my relationships.

LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
Ewww I totally looked over Maria using the pedo adored classic "Age is just a number"

Age is just a number is not a pedo classic. I have made it clear I am not a pedophile. Again you people treating teens as children is again why teens are so out of pocket now a days.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:15 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
User avatar
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Jan 16, 2017
Posts: 174
MariaTenebre wrote:
John wrote:
I disagree with almost everything you're saying, Maria -- and some of the stuff you're saying is truly frightening.

What scares me the most is that you're thinking about this from the girl's perspective, but not the older man's perspective and what it means for or says about him.

Let me break it down for you:

MariaTenebre wrote:
Again age is nothing but a number and Nephrite and Naru are no more problematic in their age differences then Mamoru and Usagi.


1) Age is nothing but a number...when you're both ADULTS! My parents were 13 years apart, but they were adults when they met and fell in love. I don't care if you're 18 and you fall in love with a 50 year-old -- it's still unusual but there's nothing wrong with it. But you can't say "age is nothing but a number" in order to JUSTIFY AN ADULT DATING A CHILD.

YOU ARE JUSTIFYING AN ADULT DATING A CHILD. Let that sink in for a minute.

2) Mamoru and Usagi DO have problematic age differences in the 90s anime. Thankfully the original manga has them closer in age and Mamoru is still under 18, and a high school student. But yes, the 90s anime made this a problem as well, Maria.

MariaTenebre wrote:
Actually Nephrite's age is given as 19. So again I don't see why they can't be in love when I was that age I always went for much older guys. A 14 year old is not a child and the two were shown to have a very loving romance.


A 14-year-old is a child.

A 14-year-old is a child.

A 14-year-old is a child.

It doesn't matter that you "went for much older guys" when you were 14. I had a crush on a gym teacher when I was 14. That's fine. But an older man -- 19 or otherwise -- actually dating someone who's only 14? That's not okay.

It may be innocent for a 14 year old to be ATTRACTED to someone older, but for an older person to be ATTRACTED to a younger person like that is not okay.

Stop looking at it from your own perspective and start thinking about what it means for the older man. Thinking back to when I was 19...if my 19-year-old buddies were introducing me to their 14-year-old girlfriend, it would make me very uncomfortable and I would consider calling the police. It would also make me think that my friend is a complete loser who can't find people his own age to date. There is a stereotype of the loser "older" guy in his early 20s (or 19) who consistently dates high school freshmen...and it's a negative stereotype for a reason.

Quote:
Besides I don't see how people can make such a stink about Naru being with Nephrite due to age issues and yet support Senshi/Shitennou or Usagi/Mamoru. I mean Kunzite is 25 and Zoisite is 16 and they still make a beautiful couple.


1) The Senshi/Shitennou pairings are garbage.
2) Usagi/Mamoru in the 90s anime is likewise problematic. The manga is better.
3) Kunzite and Zoisite do NOT make a beautiful couple AT ALL! Besides the age difference, there's also the fact that they play into gay stereotypes in a HARMFUL WAY.

Seriously...I question your judgment here, Maria.

First of all a 14 year old is not a child. A child is a prepubescent being that has not become a sexual creature yet. A 14 year old or a teenager is a young man or woman and thus has become a sexual being. Pretending like teenagers are children who are sexually innocent is simply nonsense. It is the same reason that abstinence only education fails because it again treats teenagers as children when they are not. I live in the South and treating kids as if they are children has only seen the rise of VDs and teen pregnancy. The issue is such a big thing here my brother's former high school even had a daycare center because so many teens there were. Again teens are sexual creatures and pretending like they are not simply does not work at all. Personally I think that Japan has it more rationally having a lower age of consent because again puberty turns teens into sexual creatures this is a matter of biology. What we should do is equip teens to have clean and safe sexual relations regardless of the ages the teens are having sex with. As for the men who are in relations with younger women again all of the guys I was with were very nice gentlemanly men. Much nicer and more mature then the little morons I was in school with. Plus several girls I knew were dating older guys. Also I don't think that an older guy who dates younger women are losers none of the men I dated were some of my female friends even married the guys they were with later. Again age is nothing but a number when it comes to consenting people. Again prepubescent children obviously can not give consent but pretending like that teenagers can not give consent or are children completely in capable of making sexual decisions is nonsense. They have become sexual creatures and they are going to experiment and have sex. We can only give them the tools to have sex the proper way instead of pretending like they are kids which they are not. I don't think it is a problem to like younger people provided you are not having sex with a child and in fact there are many countries with lower then 18 age of consent laws. Being a young person I always connected more with older people and none of the guys I was with were losers at all and they liked me for who I was and our interests age meant nothing but again I see nothing wrong with liking teens or younger people. Hell the teen stuff is big in porn.

Next Usagi and Mamoru have nearly as wide of an age difference in the 90s anime as they do in the manga. The difference is in Classic and R in the 90s anime Mamoru is all ready in college where as in the manga he is in his last year of high school but his age is the same he is 17 years old. By S or the Mugen arc he is 18 and Usagi is 15.

Next Zoisite and Kunzite do make a great couple. They are very loving to one another and their love showed a sympathetic side to them. Also I don't see they as offensive gay stereotypes. They are villains but it was implied that they were originally Endymion's guardians who were brainwashed by Beryl. Zoisite is just a feminine gay man and Kunzite is more masculine. They are no more offensive then say Haruka and Michiru in their personalities. Also again their age difference means nothing they are always shown to be a loving and devoted romantic couple who would do anything for the other. Again tons of teens especially girls date older men and I see nothing wrong with it. Heck in the ancient world because people died early people also married earlier and again a teen is not a child biologically and pretending like teens are innocent children who must be shielded from all things sexual is not practical and the rampant teen pregnancies and STD contraction among teens is proof that this idea doesn't work because again teens aren't children. When I was younger I knew exactly what I was doing and I was the aggressor in all of my relationships.

LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
Ewww I totally looked over Maria using the pedo adored classic "Age is just a number"

Age is just a number is not a pedo classic. I have made it clear I am not a pedophile. Again you people treating teens as children is again why teens are so out of pocket now a days.
I totally agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:47 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 10, 2016
Posts: 76
Quote:
2) Mamoru and Usagi DO have problematic age differences in the 90s anime. Thankfully the original manga has them closer in age and Mamoru is still under 18, and a high school student. But yes, the 90s anime made this a problem as well, Maria.
Quote:


Okay see this is what I don't get with some people. Like, okay Mamoru was 17 in the manga where he as still in high school, but he's still going to turn 18 while dating Usagi who will still be considered underage (for some parts of the U.S.). So either way, the relationship is goin to look weird or illegal to some. Besides, in both versions, it's like a high school freshman dating a high school senior ( because seniors are usually 17-18 years old.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:06 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 10, 2016
Posts: 76
Since we're on the subject of all of this underage dating and whether or not Nephrite loved Naru, what about Rei and Mamoru? I mean they sorta dated and it wasn't really anything serious, but Rei did seem like she was having trouble getting over Mamoru. Honestly, in my opinion, I think that she was just infatuated with him, and she was also trying to make Usagi jealous because you know, they always like competing with each other. Which makes me kinda wonder if Rei saw a "thing" between Usagi and Mamoru since it was like her and Usagi's banters. :ohdear:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:48 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Posts: 10964
Location: Embelyon
The thread is getting a momentum! :cthulhu:

Image

_________________
Image
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... shoujocity
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shoujo- ... 1128360282


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:59 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Joined: Nov 10, 2016
Posts: 76
Maraviollantes wrote:
The thread is getting a momentum! :cthulhu:

Image

Well someone's gotta keep the thread going :-P
And doesn't a pedophile do unwanted sexual things to the so called child? (like touching all over them, having sex with underaged girls or boys, staring and stalking them). If that's the case, then wouldn't that make Crystal/Manga Mamoru more of a pedophile than his 90's version? ( not that I thought he was before) I heard him and Usagi have sex in the manga (haven't really read it), and we all know Mamoru basically stalked Usagi a bit in the beginning of Crystal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Did Nephrite love Naru in the end?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:38 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 13, 2008
Posts: 25342
Location: In the Shadows throwing roses at the bad guys
Gender: Male
Other: Mysterious2098Face
This thread is about naru and neph and whether he loved her or not
But derailed into the pedo zone I'm locking this thread

_________________
Image
Mysterious 2098 Face and Chill 


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: Steeler [Crawler] and 9 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator