* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Cast Annnouncements for SuperS
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Really curious to hear how they sound, since I really liked their CWI voices.

Ironically, the CWI actors for the Amazon Trio were also unknowns in the voice acting world. None of them are really voice acting anymore. Jason Barr (Tiger) has a radio show, Deborah Drakeford (Fish) still does stage acting, and Benji Plener (Hawk) went on to be a professor!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I liked Tigerseye and Hawkseye's original VAs but Fisheye was way too high pitched for the part in the original dub.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:06 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sort of related, but I got to meet Robbie Daymond this weekend and asked about the huge gaps between home video releases of S and he told me that there was a long period where the cast couldn't work on Sailor Moon, and that whatever the reason was for this was over his pay rate.

Also, I was curious if Viz Media produced a slightly edited (Not to the levels of the DiC/CWi dub, but more similar to the Toonami edit of Naruto) and he said no. While there's nothing "stopping" them from making television edits later on, I don't have strong hopes that Viz will do so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I liked Tigerseye and Hawkseye's original VAs but Fisheye was way too high pitched for the part in the original dub.

I liked Fisheye's voice when she used a more natural tone. I blame it on poor direction. Halfway through her run she sounded fine. Honestly, I felt like the entire Dead Moon Circus (sans Zirconia) werely perfectly casted in the original dub.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
That's interesting to know about Robbie Daymond's pay check being the issue. It seems to contradict earlier statements Viz made where they claimed on Twitter that the reason for the delay was they were listening to fan complaints and were trying to improve the video quality for the S season. I sincerely doubt Sailor Moon will ever be on American TV again. For one thing, Hulu has exclusive broadcast rights for the 90s anime in the US. But Sailor Moon isn't hardcore action focused enough for modern day Toonami. Nicklodeon seems to no longer have any interest in airing anime and even a lightly edited version of the Viz dub would still probably be too mature for the kind of younger kid friendly demographic Disney X Dis aiming for.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Today is the day of the solar Eclipse. I'll be on the lookout for any flying tents or horses! P-:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:48 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
https://twitter.com/DebiDerryberry/stat ... 6655873024

Diana & Momoko - Debi Derryberry (known for a while but never officially confirmed until last month after Crystal season 3's Hulu release)

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/931943175505227782

Zirconia - "Janis Carrol" (apparently Barbara Goodson under an alias according to ANN)

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:53 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
...Can we say "perfect casting choice for Zirconia"? :happy: :happy: :happy: :circles: :wow: :dance:

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Rita Repulsa? Nice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm 
Your friendly neighborhood Suburban Senshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Class: Demon Lord
I met Barbara Goodson in person once during an autograph signing. I was too star struck to attempt anything resembling conversion beyond a mumbled admiration for her work in Disgaea. She responded that "that was a fun one" at which point I took the booklet she signed for me and ran off

(On a side note, that makes 2 disgaea cast members in Sailor Moon. Luna's VA voices Etna (except in the PS2 release of the original game)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:57 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I know it's not much of a surprise (Barbara's Los Angeles' go-to VA for old lady characters, after all), but it's still exciting to see they cast who I wanted for Zirconia. :love:

Last edited by The Blizzard Prince on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:01 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
If not Barbara Goodson, my other choice would have been the lady who voiced Freeza in the original FUNimation dub of DBZ. While her Freeza voice was a terrible fit for him, it'd be absolutely perfect for Zirconia.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:04 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I enjoyed Barbara Goodson's performance as Alycone in the Media Blasters dub of the Magic Knight Rayearth TV series and I have a lot of fond nostalgic memories of her as Rita in Power Rangers, so I'm very excited to hear her play Zirconia in the SuperS dub. Along with Johnny Young Bosch as Artemis, this will make her the second Power Rangers alumni to be in the Viz dub. This casting is especially ironic since Naoko intended Sailor Moon to be a shoujo version of Super Sentai.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^Third actually. Wendee Lee [Queen Serenity] voiced Scorpina in season 1 and Alpha 6 in Power Rangers in Space and Lost Galaxy.

What amused me aside from the Power Rangers connection is they’re all connected via dub Digimon. Wendee Lee voiced TK in Adventure Bosch voiced him in Tri and Goodson voiced TK’s mom in Adventure and Zero Two

ETA: Just remembered Michael Sorich (grandpa Hino) was also a Power Rangers alumni having voiced Squatt. He also voiced Zudomon in Digimon Adventure and some additional voices in later series

So that’s at least 4 Power Ranger alumni and like 5 from Digimon

Sabrblade wrote:
If not Barbara Goodson, my other choice would have been the lady who voiced Freeza in the original FUNimation dub of DBZ..

By original do you mean the original voice when Funimation sub contracted the adr work to Ocean Group or the more well remembered original in-house voice that took over in season 3 and the uncut redub?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
If not Barbara Goodson, my other choice would have been the lady who voiced Freeza in the original FUNimation dub of DBZ..

By original do you mean the original voice when Funimation sub contracted the adr work to Ocean Group or the more well remembered original in-house voice that took over in season 3 and the uncut redub?
The FUNimation dub, not the Ocean dub.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
Neon Genesis wrote:

Well Fisheye was meant to be a girl in the clover way dubbed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
LifeGaveMeLemons wrote:
^Third actually. Wendee Lee [Queen Serenity] voiced Scorpina in season 1 and Alpha 6 in Power Rangers in Space and Lost Galaxy.

What amused me aside from the Power Rangers connection is they’re all connected via dub Digimon. Wendee Lee voiced TK in Adventure Bosch voiced him in Tri and Goodson voiced TK’s mom in Adventure and Zero Two

ETA: Just remembered Michael Sorich (grandpa Hino) was also a Power Rangers alumni having voiced Squatt. He also voiced Zudomon in Digimon Adventure and some additional voices in later series

So that’s at least 4 Power Ranger alumni and like 5 from Digimon

A few Sailor Moon dub VAs are also in the Digimon Adventure Tri dub now. Cristina Vee is Meiko, Cherami Leigh plays Biyomon, Kate Higgins is the new voice for Gatomon, and Robbie Daymond is the new voice for Joe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:21 am 
Luna
Luna
Now I’m reminded how annoyed I am the Tri dub couldn’t be bothered to bring back half the cast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:34 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Considering the Japanese cast brought back even less, I give the Tri dub credit for getting back as much as they did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 am 
Luna
Luna
Yeah it’s sad that Tri can’t nostalgia properly on either side of the pacific.

It’s like the dub of the Pokemon movie remaking the first episode not casting Veronica Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Neon Genesis wrote:
A few Sailor Moon dub VAs are also in the Digimon Adventure Tri dub now. Cristina Vee is Meiko, Cherami Leigh plays Biyomon, Kate Higgins is the new voice for Gatomon, and Robbie Daymond is the new voice for Joe.

And she too is a Power Ranger now. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V8vH-Zvwto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:04 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
Hoping Nehelenia and CereCere's voice actresses were exact as the 90's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:47 am 
Other: Class: Demon Lord
NeoPrincessBriarRose25 wrote:

If you want the 90s anime, it's over there. The rest of us will be over here with something that had actual effort put into the translation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:21 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
Oh, sorry. I actually want to see Nehelenia's voice and Cere Cere voice similar as 90's. Lol My mistake. Maybe having the voice actress who plays Maleficent (not in original animation, or course) or something evil can be Nehelenia for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:48 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm anxious to hear the Amazoness' new voices, because I thought they all sounded perfect in the CWI dub.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:28 pm 
Luna
Luna
Time Sage wrote:
NeoPrincessBriarRose25 wrote:

If you want the 90s anime, it's over there. The rest of us will be over here with something that had actual effort put into the translation

Oh no how dare she enjoy the old voices and hope the new voices are as good.