* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cast Annnouncements for SuperS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:56 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Chris Niosi has been cast as Pegasus.

https://twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/888869781834653696

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

Post subject: Re: Cast Annnouncements for SuperS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I'm not familiar with any of Chris Niosi's voice acting roles and he seems to be fairly new to anime voice acting. I've loved the Viz dub a lot so far and I can't wait to hear what his take on Pegasus will be like.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:46 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kirbopher? Holy crap, didn't expect him to be in Sailor Moon at all.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=90212
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbopher15

The guy's pretty known in the Dragon Ball community for participating in some Kanzenshuu podcast episodes (some of them being part of his Kirblog series on YouTube) and is a long time forum member there. He has also been doing voice acting for a while (along with other things) and is another ex-New Yorker who had moved to Los Angeles a few years ago. He has been getting some big voice acting roles lately (Dezel from Tales of Zestria, Arataka Reigen from Mob Psycho 100, Akari Hizamaru from Terra Formars) but this, this one is a surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:56 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Aww yeah, Kirbopher! I loved his Brawl Taunts videos and other Newgrounds stuff, and especially his voicework as Noah Kaiba in the Yu Gi Oh Abridged Series. You should really check this guy's work out - it's really good.

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:43 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hope he can sound young enough like an early teenage boy for Pegasus/Helios.

I myself had hoped that someone like Todd Haberkorn or Vix Mignogna would be Pegasus/Helios for how youthful they can make their voices sound.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I'm glad they went with someone new that we haven't heard in many dubs. I like Vic well enough but he plays all his characters the same way. His performance as Ryo in season one sounded exactly like Ed Elric.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:05 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Neon Genesis wrote:
I like Vic well enough but he plays all his characters the same way.

Except Broly which I believe he has said that he hates doing that voice. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm cautious of modern anime dubs because I just don't think they have a lot of charm these days, but this guy can't be any worse than the old English VA for Pegasus/Helios, so my expectations are already quite low lmao. When I finally get around to watching the Viz dub (it'll happen someday...I guess), I'll look out for this guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:24 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Other: Status: Feel good.
Sabrblade wrote:

I myself had hoped that someone like Todd Haberkorn or Vix Mignogna would be Pegasus/Helios for how youthful they can make their voices sound.

Here's his work as Noah, which should satisfy some concerns likely. http://youtu.be/kE-CLiKBVjY

Join the Discord chatroom here: https://discord.gg/h33j9fX
and the Chatango room: http://planetaryguardians.chatango.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lunatastic wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Here's his work as Noah, which should satisfy some concerns likely. http://youtu.be/kE-CLiKBVjY

Eh...I don't love the sound of his voice, but it's fine. It'll likely be better than the old English VA for Pegasus/Helios, but at the same time, I'm experiencing the same old "every single voice actor sounds the same" thing. x___x;

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I guess Viz have not announced SuperS yet....looking more like 2018 now, which means they would if only released half a season of the 90s anime this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:58 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sera-V wrote:
I guess Viz have not announced SuperS yet....looking more like 2018 now, which means they would if only released half a season of the 90s anime this year.

That makes sense though, considering Crystal's third season is due out this year. And didn't Viz release the R movie this year, both on home media AND in theaters? (Seriously, what a treat seeing the R movie on the big screen -- I hope they do this again for the other two films.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:43 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I guess he'll be alright. I have no strong opinion one way or the other on his voice. The timing of this announcement means very little. Didn't it take like a year for S to come out after its new voice actors were confirmed?

I'm really looking forward to hearing who's voicing Queen Nehelenia. There's so many possibilities, with many different directions they can go. Megan Hollingshead, Laura Bailey, Mary McGlynn, Wendee Lee, Laura Post, Carrie Keranen, Mona Marshall, Dorothy Fahn, Mari Devon...

I expect we'll see some more up-and-comers for the Amazoness Quartet (probably Xanthe Huynh, Brianna Knickerbocker, Erica Lindbeck, and/or Abby Trott), and that would be cool, but in a perfect world, I would love to hear some of them voiced by some of the old English voice actresses (Linda Ballantyne as CereCere, Katie Griffin as VesVes, Susan Roman as JunJun, and Stephanie Beard as ParaPara). They actually did that in the Brazilian Portuguese dub. I would also love to hear other classic anime veterans that have yet to make an appearance like Lisa Ortiz, Rachael Lillis, Brina Palencia, and Caitlin Glass.

Then there's the Amazon Trio. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally give Vic Mignogna a decent-sized role here (probably Tiger's Eye), along with maybe an up-and-comer or two like Max Mittelman and Kaiji Tang. Maybe we'll hear Griffin Burns, Ray Chase, or Lex Lang.

This is pretty much the last chance we have to hear any of our favorite voice actors in Sailor Moon, and it might make the season more bearable. I still have no idea how they'll be handling the Starlights.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I wonder why Viz is dubbing SuperS before releasing the S movie? Are they still working out details for a theatrical release?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:14 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Neon Genesis wrote:
I wonder why Viz is dubbing SuperS before releasing the S movie? Are they still working out details for a theatrical release?

From Anime Central this past May:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... count=4426

Quote:
At ACen I asked about the movies and they currently say they want to but its all waiting on licensor approval. I wanted to ask about SuperS since they didn't even mention casting announcements but didn't get a chance (Some other guy asked yet again about the DiC/CWi dub and got the same "We literally can't" answer.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:07 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis: they might be dubbing SuperS first, but they could always release the S movie first. :) Or maybe between parts 1 and 2 of SuperS, and then do the SuperS movie between pets 1 and 2 of Sailor Stars. The films don't affect the TV show so it doesn't really matter.

PurpleWarrior: I would LOVE to hear those VAs again as the Quartet! I don't think it'll ever happen but what an awesome idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:28 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
John wrote:
I'm cautious of modern anime dubs because I just don't think they have a lot of charm these days, but this guy can't be any worse than the old English VA for Pegasus/Helios, so my expectations are already quite low lmao. When I finally get around to watching the Viz dub (it'll happen someday...I guess), I'll look out for this guy.

I actually thought old Pegasus was one of the best actors, or at least one of the most pleasing-sounding voices in the old dub. Just woefully inappropriate for the characters' age and relationship. :happy:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:48 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I hope they'll announce if they have the SuperS TV specials sometime soon if they're dubbing SuperS already.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Neon Genesis wrote:
I hope they'll announce if they have the SuperS TV specials sometime soon if they're dubbing SuperS already.

I thought Viz already has the rights to all the specials? :/ I'd really love for them to get the rights to the anime memorials.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:55 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

I thought Viz already has the rights to all the specials? :/ I'd really love for them to get the rights to the anime memorials.

I wouldn't expect a big announcement. They just quietly put Make-Up Sailor guardians on the R movie bluray, right? Only question is whether that'll be on the season set or the movie bluray.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:10 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
^The specials were announced with the show & movies in 2014 and I wouldn't call Make Up a quiet release since it was advertised with R going back to that movie's theatrical run here back in January.

The SuperS TV special is interesting because looking elsewhere, it got a separate release in Italy (with Make Up & Ami's First Love) and as for France, it got released first by itself then later in a box set with the movies. It would be nice if Viz was able to include it with SuperS Part 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't and release it separately like everyone else has done.

As for the 5 memorials, not happening since like the old extras, those never left the LaserDisc format in Japan and were also never released internationally.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Announced at Otakon:

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/896447129090215936

Tiger's Eye - John Eric
Hawk's Eye - Michael Yurchak
Fish's Eye - Erik Scott Kimerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:25 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
John Eric sounds like another alias. :roll:

EDIT: It's probably John Eric Bentley: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/encyclop ... ?id=108396

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Awesome to have more actors that haven't heard about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I'm glad Viz casted a male voice actor for Fisheye and I'm curious to hear what Erik Scott Kimerer will sound like as him. I'm not sure I'm aware of any of their performances.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:10 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I guess he'll be alright. I have no strong opinion one way or the other on his voice. The timing of this announcement means very little. Didn't it take like a year for S to come out after its new voice actors were confirmed?

I'm really looking forward to hearing who's voicing Queen Nehelenia. There's so many possibilities, with many different directions they can go. Megan Hollingshead, Laura Bailey, Mary McGlynn, Wendee Lee, Laura Post, Carrie Keranen, Mona Marshall, Dorothy Fahn, Mari Devon...

I expect we'll see some more up-and-comers for the Amazoness Quartet (probably Xanthe Huynh, Brianna Knickerbocker, Erica Lindbeck, and/or Abby Trott), and that would be cool, but in a perfect world, I would love to hear some of them voiced by some of the old English voice actresses (Linda Ballantyne as CereCere, Katie Griffin as VesVes, Susan Roman as JunJun, and Stephanie Beard as ParaPara). They actually did that in the Brazilian Portuguese dub. I would also love to hear other classic anime veterans that have yet to make an appearance like Lisa Ortiz, Rachael Lillis, Brina Palencia, and Caitlin Glass.

Then there's the Amazon Trio. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally give Vic Mignogna a decent-sized role here (probably Tiger's Eye), along with maybe an up-and-comer or two like Max Mittelman and Kaiji Tang. Maybe we'll hear Griffin Burns, Ray Chase, or Lex Lang.

This is pretty much the last chance we have to hear any of our favorite voice actors in Sailor Moon, and it might make the season more bearable. I still have no idea how they'll be handling the Starlights.

There was no redub in Brazil lol
A fanpage just got some of the voice actors to voice their characters again for a unofficial video with parts of episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:36 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
If "John Eric" really is John Bentley, then Tiger's Eye is gonna have a voice that is both very manly and DEEP. ^_^'

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:55 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
NJ_ wrote:
Announced at Otakon:

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/896447129090215936

Tiger's Eye - John Eric
Hawk's Eye - Michael Yurchak
Fish's Eye - Erik Scott Kimerer

so Fisheye is being voiced by a man huh? I was hoping for a female voice XD

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 am 
Planeta
Planeta
kevoso96 wrote:
A fanpage just got some of the voice actors to voice their characters again for a unofficial video with parts of episodes.

You're right, but apparently, they did change the entire cast after season 1, but they later brought back most of the original Sailor voice actors to voice the Amazoness Quartet. For instance, Isabel Cristina De Sa voiced Sailor Jupiter in Season 1, but came back for SuperS to voice VesVes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:39 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:

You're right, but apparently, they did change the entire cast after season 1, but they later brought back most of the original Sailor voice actors to voice the Amazoness Quartet. For instance, Isabel Cristina De Sa voiced Sailor Jupiter in Season 1, but came back for SuperS to voice VesVes.

They weren't "most of them". For the Amazoness Quartet, they just brought back Isabel (Jupiter) and Letícia Quinto (Naru). But I really doubt that was intentional. Venus's VA came back to voice Star Fighter in senshi form, and Isabel was also Tin Nyanko in Stars.