* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Various Crystals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:04 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I can imagine the Silver and Golden Crystals are simply extraordinarily powerful Sailor Crystals but what about the Evil Black Crystal? Is is supposed to be some sort of corrupted Sailor Crystal or something totally different? I was also wondering about the Taioron Crystal but it's from another dimension (possibly) and thus needs less explanation. Maybe I'm overthinking but I just wonder about things like this.

Post subject: Re: The Various Crystals
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well the Silver Crystal and Golden Crystal are two of the leading royalty Crystals in the Solar System representing the Moon and the Earth respectively. Sailor Galaxia has her Saffer Crystal representing the Galaxy and I imagine that Sailor Kakyuu also has a powerful Sailor Crystal. I can't speak on the Black Crystal or the Taioron Crystal however I think that they would make excellent Crystals for a Sailor Nemesis or a Sailor Tau.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like to think Death Phantom is Sailor Nemesis. But not a proper "Sailor" because he's male, same as Tuxedo Mask. I think it makes sense if the Black Crystal is his starseed, but obviously there's no confirmation of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:00 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
I like to think Death Phantom is Sailor Nemesis. But not a proper "Sailor" because he's male, same as Tuxedo Mask. I think it makes sense if the Black Crystal is his starseed, but obviously there's no confirmation of this.

It could be true. Didn't he start as a criminal from earth in the manga version who was banished? Maybe he came to earth to challenge Sailor Moon and then was sent home.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:14 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

It could be true. Didn't he start as a criminal from earth in the manga version who was banished? Maybe he came to earth to challenge Sailor Moon and then was sent home.

He did, although if Helios is the sun, he was based on Earth and away from his guardian star himself. So it might not be strange for Nemesis' Guardian to appear away from it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

He did, although if Helios is the sun, he was based on Earth and away from his guardian star himself. So it might not be strange for Nemesis' Guardian to appear away from it.

Indeed. I don't know if this is true but it's fun to think about

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:09 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

I don't think this is true. For one he is an incarnation of Chaos and Chaos has her own seed. I think there is most likely a Sailor Nemesis but he or she has yet to awaken.

Salem Saberhagen wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

There is no proof for or against Helios being the Sun's Senshi. If you want to think that he is that is fine but again there is nothing for or against this idea and he was never stated as having much to do with the Sun like say Mamoru was with the Earth. All we have is his Solar name. Another good candidate to be Sailor Sun would be Hina Kusaka from PGSM. Both her given name and surname have characters in it related to the Sun which is meant to be a parallel to Usagi and Mamoru who each have surnames with characters related to the Moon and Earth respectively. As I have stated before I thought that if PGSM wanted to add a new Sailor Senshi it would have made much more sense to make Hina into Sailor Sun. For one as far as we know the Sun has yet to be assigned a Senshi in Sailor Moon and it is the only major celestial body not assigned a Senshi as far as we know and it would have added some meat to the Usagi/Mamoru/Hina love triangle instead of the whole Sailor Luna nonsense. However I do agree that the best candidates for a Sun Senshi would be either Hina or Helios. Maybe Hina could be the Sun's Senshi in the modern day and Helios could be the future Sun's Senshi as he is Chibi Moon's destined love.

However you are correct a Senshi does not have to come from the object she represents to be that objects Senshi. Phobos and Deimos were both from Coronis but had Sailor Crystals representing their Moons.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Salem Saberhagen wrote:

I don't think this is true. For one he is an incarnation of Chaos and Chaos has her own seed. I think there is most likely a Sailor Nemesis but he or she has yet to awaken.

Not to tie this into a conversation from another thread, but since it's here...

The manga does say that Death Phantom is an incarnation/manifestation of Chaos, but the text does not go into detail as to what exactly this means. As users in the other thread have pointed out, this is most likely not a distinct, literal, physical manifestation (like it's not Chaos disguising itself or shape-shifting) because both Queen Metalia and Nehelenia seemed active at around the same time.

But more importantly to the conversation at hand: the text does not describe what "incarnation" means when it comes to one's own Star Seed or Sailor Crystal. Even if Chaos has an incarnation, that incarnation might be able to have its own Star Seed -- all life has a Star Seed. Nehelenia had her own Star Seed. Death Phantom was a human originally from Earth, if I'm not mistaken, so he also had his own Star Seed.

As for the thread itself and not just me replying to Maria...

The crystals described here are never said to be Sailor Crystals, but I'm sure it might be possible for them to evolve into Sailor Crystals at some point. The fact of the matter is that we don't know a lot about Star Seeds/Sailor Crystals and how they work. So we're all just guessing here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
^Well, John, you could be right on what you said regarding how Star Seeds/Sailor Crystals work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
^Well, John, you could be right on what you said regarding how Star Seeds/Sailor Crystals work.

All I'm saying is that we know so little about them, so it's hard to say much about them that's definitive. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:06 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
^It's true that we know little about them. What we do, however, is that Sailor Crystals are a type of Star Seed.