* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Galaxia
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:49 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This is more for the manga but I was wondering about Sailor Galaxia. Why would a Senshi so powerful and with a name like that lack a purpose in life? She had no idea what her mission was, was bitter towards life, hungered only for more power, and seemed free to build galactic empires. Did Chaos do something to put her life on this track or is there something I'm missing?

Post subject: Re: Sailor Galaxia
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:06 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
These questions are really worth asking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
I think in one version she fought Chaos and then went diablo by sealing it inside her. I guess she forgot to take a note about Tal Rasha's journal, that part where she was supposed to ask her most powerful disciples to bind her into a prison where she would struggle with the evil for all eternity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Boro wrote:
I think in one version she fought Chaos and then went diablo by sealing it inside her. I guess she forgot to take a note about Tal Rasha's journal, that part where she was supposed to ask her most powerful disciples to bind her into a prison where she would struggle with the evil for all eternity.

That was the anime. She had a purpose and she was fulfilling it to the best of her ability before it went south. My question is about the manga where she was just drifting around and being a bitter, murderous "goddess"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think it makes a lot of sense.

Galaxia saw everything around her as trash and that's because she was so powerful. She abandoned her home planet and basically figured that since she's so strong, she should be able to rule everything. Galaxia is basically a foil for Sailor Moon in many ways. Chaos didn't "do" anything to her in the manga -- Chaos is a much more subtle force than most people think -- but rather, her own power and her misunderstanding of her power is what set her down this path. It's why she's one of my favorite characters.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
These questions are really worth asking.

and worth answering too.

I don't have an answer myself and yet I do agree with the answers above.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:34 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^Agreed, DREWdesu!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
John wrote:

Galaxia saw everything around her as trash and that's because she was so powerful. She abandoned her home planet and basically figured that since she's so strong, she should be able to rule everything. Galaxia is basically a foil for Sailor Moon in many ways. Chaos didn't "do" anything to her in the manga -- Chaos is a much more subtle force than most people think -- but rather, her own power and her misunderstanding of her power is what set her down this path. It's why she's one of my favorite characters.

I suppose that makes sense. It could be that she did have a job/purpose back home but abandoned it as beneath her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:05 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
doctorwho29 wrote:
John wrote:

I suppose that makes sense. It could be that she did have a job/purpose back home but abandoned it as beneath her.

I think this makes sense, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's an extreme case of a superiority complex.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:13 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
This is more for the manga but I was wondering about Sailor Galaxia. Why would a Senshi so powerful and with a name like that lack a purpose in life? She had no idea what her mission was, was bitter towards life, hungered only for more power, and seemed free to build galactic empires. Did Chaos do something to put her life on this track or is there something I'm missing?

Galaxia was an angry person long before she met Chaos. Manga depicts her planet being desolate and filled with lowlife scum. I disagree with the notion that she didn't have a mission. Her "mission" for herself was to overthrow the natural order of the universe, and rule according to her own desires, but not in the same way that Chaos wanted. Galaxia was banking on Chaos and Sailor Moon killing each other, in order to sweep up the pieces of the galaxy. Ultimately she realized what she wanted more than anything was love, so that tells me that she must have led a pretty shitty life beforehand. She seems to have been quite powerful too, even before meeting Chaos, as she was able to destroy a planet [quite possibly her own] without much effort.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:23 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Well by mission I meant guarding something like most Senshi. You do make sense though

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:57 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Well by mission I meant guarding something like most Senshi. You do make sense though

Her name "Sailor Galaxia" implies that she's the guardian of the Milky Way galaxy itself, which might explain her/the Saffer Crystal's immense power (that's her Sailor Crystal for anyone here who hasn't read the manga yet) and her innate desire to rule everything.

I guess it's also possible that she was the soldier/guardian of a planet or other celestial object called Galaxia, but I think the more accepted idea is that she's the guardian of the entire galaxy and the power went to her head.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:04 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ I think that's about right.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:16 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The manga did mention that she had a home plant of her own.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:25 am 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:

It did, but the name of that planet is never given -- and it doesn't need to be pointed out by now, but the main characters from Sailor Moon all reside on Earth and they're the guardians of other planets/celestial bodies...

I was just saying that while Galaxia did have her own home planet, the likelihood that it was named "Galaxia" and she was its guardian is probably not the case. The Saffer Crystal is so powerful, it seems more likely that it's the Sailor Crystal for the entire galaxy.

Of course, one could also then make the argument that the Silver Crystal is likewise immensely powerful and it's just the Sailor Crystal for our moon...but I have my own theories that point to the Silver Crystal being a prototype of sorts for Sailor Cosmos. That's better saved for another thread, though.

But on that note, since the Silver Crystal transforms into the Silver Moon Crystal in the manga (I think?), it's possible that Sailor Galaxia was initially just the Sailor Soldier of her home planet (lmao I initially typed out "Sailor Guardian" because we see it everywhere nowadays) and her Sailor Crystal evolved into the Saffer Crystal over time...but that's pure speculation. I think she was always the guardian soldier of the entire galaxy, and she had to be born somewhere so she ended up on a random planet that she knew wasn't good enough for her.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:47 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Good thoughts people :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:30 am 
Luna
Luna
John wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

It did, but the name of that planet is never given -- and it doesn't need to be pointed out by now, but the main characters from Sailor Moon all reside on Earth and they're the guardians of other planets/celestial bodies...

I was just saying that while Galaxia did have her own home planet, the likelihood that it was named "Galaxia" and she was its guardian is probably not the case. The Saffer Crystal is so powerful, it seems more likely that it's the Sailor Crystal for the entire galaxy.

Of course, one could also then make the argument that the Silver Crystal is likewise immensely powerful and it's just the Sailor Crystal for our moon...but I have my own theories that point to the Silver Crystal being a prototype of sorts for Sailor Cosmos. That's better saved for another thread, though.

But on that note, since the Silver Crystal transforms into the Silver Moon Crystal in the manga (I think?), it's possible that Sailor Galaxia was initially just the Sailor Soldier of her home planet (lmao I initially typed out "Sailor Guardian" because we see it everywhere nowadays) and her Sailor Crystal evolved into the Saffer Crystal over time...but that's pure speculation. I think she was always the guardian soldier of the entire galaxy, and she had to be born somewhere so she ended up on a random planet that she knew wasn't good enough for her.

This is about how I interpret it as well, but I think it's possible she's a self designated soldier of the galaxy, and may be awol from her post as Sailor Saffer. Sailor Galaxia could be her ambition manifested as an alter ego of sorts. Perhaps Galaxia didn't inherit her awesome power from her sailor crystal, but vice-versa, her will to rule the galaxy fueled the Saffer Crystal to become mega powerful, kind of the way Sailor Moon's Ginzushou appears to unleash ability based on her will. Admittedly, though, this is all headcannon and I haven't read Stars in a while so there could be holes in my theory.

Also, I love your little note about Sailor Guardian as a term. I've surrendered to it a bit, and alternate between saying that and soldier, though I much prefer the latter. I do like Guardian though because I feel it, in a way, encompasses the revival of Sailor Moon in the west. Though the revival hasn't been entirely easy to swallow at times, it's a renaissance compared to Sailor Moon's previous exposure in the west, so I'm partial to the term Guardian in that way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
flockapowpow wrote:

This is about how I interpret it as well, but I think it's possible she's a self designated soldier of the galaxy, and may be awol from her post as Sailor Saffer. Sailor Galaxia could be her ambition manifested as an alter ego of sorts. Perhaps Galaxia didn't inherit her awesome power from her sailor crystal, but vice-versa, her will to rule the galaxy fueled the Saffer Crystal to become mega powerful, kind of the way Sailor Moon's Ginzushou appears to unleash ability based on her will. Admittedly, though, this is all headcannon and I haven't read Stars in a while so there could be holes in my theory.

I think you have some good thoughts. I'd never even thought of the term "Sailor Saffer" before. This is the kind of talk I always hope my posts will drum up :)