* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor V
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:23 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Why did Minako have a "proto phase" as Sailor V? I know the real world reason but I'm wondering about within the story. Why didn't she simply awaken as Sailor Venus? Also why were her powers far more flexible back then? I mean she just kept making up new attacks to fit the plot.

Also could the others have alternate forms like Sailor J? Sailor M could be both Mercury and Mars lol

Post subject: Re: Sailor V
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:50 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
You can always write fan fiction about it if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Perhaps it was to provide cover until the other senshi began their awakenings. As the leader of the senshi devoted to protecting the Princess, if the Dark Kingdom got wind that Venus was back, they may have taken that as evidence that all the senshi and Serenity were returning and taken steps to prevent that. Instead, she got to stay in the shadows as a super heroine of questionable origin while providing guidance to the others as they gradually awakened.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
On that note there was also Hikari, Amano, and proto-jadeit, Saito-kun the ganger...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
FYI, Sailor V refers to herself as Sailor Venus often in the Sailor V manga.

As the title suggests, Sailor V is just a code name.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:25 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It might have to do with her character growth and maturity. At the point in her life that Minako was at back at the beginning of the Sailor V manga's story, Minako was arguably more immature than even Usagi. Just a carefree, boy-crazy, happy-go-lucky child who had rather loose senses of selflessness and true conviction. At the time when Artemis found her, she was nowhere near ready to take on the level of threats that she would later face in the Sailor Moon manga itself, and had to start off fighting smaller threats. Now, neither Artemis nor Boss specifically knew of the Dark Agency's full existence at the time that they found Minako, but the two had at least enough of an understanding of there being an enemy out there that needed to be defeated, and the Dark Agency proved to have just the right threat level for Minako to face in her development as a Sailor Soldier in training. Her time as Sailor V helped her to grow (albeit, extremely SLOOOOOOOOWLY) as both a person and a superhero to get her to a point in her maturity where she was ready and able to fully realize her awakening as the true Sailor Venus that she was, instead of the "Sailor Venus in name only" that she had been during all her time as Sailor V. The Sailor V form of hers was like a stopgap for her Sailor Venus form, as she wasn't yet matured enough to earn that form just yet.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I think Minako had different powers and superhero form at the beginning because she hadn't awakened yet. We saw this with Usagi a bit too where at the beginning, she had a cape and goggles and more random powers like the goggles' vision powers and her sonic boom odango discs. Then as she slowly started awakening, she seemed to gain more concrete set of powers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:24 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Neon Genesis wrote:
I think Minako had different powers and superhero form at the beginning because she hadn't awakened yet. We saw this with Usagi a bit too where at the beginning, she had a cape and goggles and more random powers like the goggles' vision powers and her sonic boom odango discs. Then as she slowly started awakening, she seemed to gain more concrete set of powers.

Like this, Neon Genesis?
Attachment:
sailormoon-artbook-1-08-09.jpg
sailormoon-artbook-1-08-09.jpg [ 79.22 KiB | Viewed 481 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:18 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Moon's cape didn't appear in the manga proper. Just the goggle mask.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
^Sabrblade, wise as always. That above image was from the Original Picture Collection Vol. 1 artbook.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:30 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It was also used as the title page illustration for Act 1, so in a way it does appear in the manga proper :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MementoNepenthe wrote:
It was also used as the title page illustration for Act 1, so in a way it does appear in the manga proper :wink:
I meant in-universe, which title pages aren't. P-:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote: