Which is your favourite adaptation to SilMil's destruction
Manga 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Crystal 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
90's Anime 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
PGSM 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Sera Myu Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen (1993) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sera Myu: La Reconquista (2013) 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Best adaptation of the destruction of the Silver Millennium.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:19 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
In the manga, 90's anime, PGSM, Crystal anime and Sera Myu handled the Silver Millennium's differently. The following won't include the outer's part of the destruction.

Manga: Earth's soliders and Beryl charge and destroy the Kingdom, Beryl accidentally kills Endymion, Princess Serenity kills herself, Venus kills Beryl.

Crystal: Earth's soliders and Beryl charge and destroy the Kingdom, Beryl accidentally kills Endymion, Princess Serenity kills herself.

90's Anime: Luna and Artemis report that Earth Soldiers and the Shittenou are invading and destroying the Kingdom, the Inner Senshi are killed by Metalia Queen Beryl ambushes Princess Serenity only to be protected by Endymion. Queen Beryl is angered by Endymion's loyalty to the moon and uses Queen Metalia to kill them both. Queen Serenity uses the Moon Stick to seal the Dark Kingdom away.

PGSM: Someone kills Endymion, Princess Serenity cries a tear and the Silver Millennium is destroyed

Sera Myu Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen: Luna and Artemis report the invasion from Earth. Endymion finds out that the Shittenou have been brainwashed after the Inner Senshi are given a beating, Queen Beryl announces her arrival

Sera Myu: La Reconquista: A treaty is formed between the Moon and the Earth, Zoisite warns Mercury that the Shittenou have been brainwashed and that earth soldiers will arrive soon. Zoisite is double-crossed and killed in the process calling out "Mercury!" as his dying word. A servant announces the arrival of Earth and Queen Beryl. Queen Beryl who is armoured arrives on Earth and questions Endymion's loyalty to the moon. She duels him with intent on killing Princess Serenity whilst the remaining Shittenou are battling the Inner Senshi. Queen Beryl accidentally kills Endymion and Princess Serenity kills herself in remorse. Queen Serenity uses the Silver Crystal to seal Metalia away.

Which adaptation is your favourite. I think my details of events might be wrong in some bits... however you can still vote if your memory is better than mine.

Last edited by DREWdesu on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Best adaptation of the destruction of the Silver Millennium.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 pm 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Interesting. :orly: I only know the 90s anime and Crystal but reading these I do like the manga adaptation the most, to me it actually helps make sense the idea of Venus as the leader of the Inner Senshi.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
I like the manga best. I thought changing the nature of the silver crystal in PGSM was interesting- it lends some credence to what the Black Moon clan was saying in the manga - but the flashback was poorly done. Why did Endy die? Who did it? Why did P. Serenity have the crystal instead of the Queen (I could overlook this except they show the Queen later on).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:03 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
DREWdesu wrote:
In the manga, 90's anime, PGSM, Crystal anime and Sera Myu handled the Silver Millennium's differently. The following won't include the outer's part of the destruction.

Manga: Earth's soliders and Beryl charge and destroy the Kingdom, Beryl accidentally kills Endymion, Princess Serenity kills herself, Venus kills Beryl.

Crystal: Earth's soliders and Beryl charge and destroy the Kingdom, Beryl accidentally kills Endymion, Princess Serenity kills herself.

90's Anime: Luna and Artemis report that Earth Soldiers and the Shittenou are invading and destroying the Kingdom, the Inner Senshi are killed by Metalia Queen Beryl ambushes Princess Serenity only to be protected by Endymion. Queen Beryl is angered by Endymion's loyalty to the moon and uses Queen Metalia to kill them both. Queen Serenity uses the Moon Stick to seal the Dark Kingdom away.

PGSM: Someone kills Endymion, Princess Serenity cries a tear and the Silver Millennium is destroyed

Sera Myu Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen: Luna and Artemis report the invasion from Earth. Endymion finds out that the Shittenou have been brainwashed after the Inner Senshi are given a beating, Queen Beryl announces her arrival

Sera Myu: La Reconquista: A treaty is formed between the Moon and the Earth, Zoisite warns Mercury that the Shittenou have been brainwashed and that earth soldiers will arrive soon. Zoisite is double-crossed and killed in the process calling out "Mercury!" as his dying word. A servant announces the arrival of Earth and Queen Beryl. Queen Beryl who is armoured arrives on Earth and questions Endymion's loyalty to the moon. She duels him with intent on killing Princess Serenity whilst the remaining Shittenou are battling the Inner Senshi. Queen Beryl accidentally kills Endymion and Princess Serenity kills herself in remorse. Queen Serenity uses the Silver Crystal to seal Metalia away.

Which adaptation is your favourite. I think my details of events might be wrong in some bits... however you can still vote if your memory is better than mine.

Actually I think in the manga and Crystal Beryl intentionally kills Endymion as well for his loyalty to the Princess or atleast she strikes them both for this intent.

As for me I vote the 90s anime as it was so dramatic and heart wrenching however I would have loved if they kept Princess Serenity's suicide like it the manga however the two dying after reaching out and finally holding each other's hands was very tragic.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like PGSM for the surprise twist that it was Princess Serenity that ended the Silver Millenium and destroyed the Earth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I like Seramyu La Reconquistia the best because I think it does the best job of expanding on the details and the Generals betraying Zoisite and his death are just so tragic. PGSM I feel was too vague about all that happened and I felt like if I had never seen the anime or the manga? I would have been very confused.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:19 pm 
Luna
Luna
From the sounds of it Seramyu La Reconquistia is the most interesting and layered version.

Definitely wish that this is something that would get a full movie or special adaption.