All times are UTC

Post subject: Kunzite and Zoisite inspiration 90 s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/2017/08/ ... #more-3355

I found this interesting article. That might had an idea what was the inspiration for them in the 90 anime.

Post subject: Re: Kunzite and Zoisite inspiration 90 s
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah I read that too it was an interesting idea. I always wished in the 90s anime that the Shitennou would have been brought back and been Tuxedo Mask's guardians. Zoisite and Kunzite could have been like his team's version of Haruka and Michiru.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
Yeah I read that too it was an interesting idea. I always wished in the 90s anime that the Shitennou would have been brought back and been Tuxedo Mask's guardians. Zoisite and Kunzite could have been like his team's version of Haruka and Michiru.

Would they have had civilian forms too and episodes centered around each of them? Or would they just pop up every once in a while like the manga?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Would they have had civilian forms too and episodes centered around each of them? Or would they just pop up every once in a while like the manga?

I would like it if they had civilian forms and episodes centered around them as well. Besides the series needs more males to the cast.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:01 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Yet another good question to ask Takeuchi if there'd ever be an opportunity again. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Yet another good question to ask Takeuchi if there'd ever be an opportunity again. lol

I don't think she will know about this since this is referring to the 90 s anime.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I don't think she will know about this since this is referring to the 90 s anime.

While the homosexual relationship between Kunzite & Zoizite isn't depicted in the manga like the anime, the character designs, if not even some gay-isque innuendos, in the manga could still be inspired by that manga/anime. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

While the homosexual relationship between Kunzite & Zoizite isn't depicted in the manga like the anime, the character designs, if not even some gay-isque innuendos, in the manga could still be inspired by that manga/anime. :)

I don't really think so because in her concept art .Their relationship is more like brothers)Than the style could be inspired by that too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:

I don't really think so because in her concept art .Their relationship is more like brothers)Than the style could be inspired by that too.

I was thinking about that panel in which Zoizite is like sitting on the lap (?) of Kunzite, which, besides being brother-like, can also be interpreted as gay-esque (but not definitely so, of course - that's why I used the word innuendo in the above quote). :wink: And since it's uncertain anyway, I think it worths to ask Takeuchi about it, if there'd ever be such chance.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm 
Stella
Stella
Either way I think that Zoisite and Kunzite's romantic relationship was one of the best parts of the anime. I wish it was incorporated in the manga and Crystal as it is far more original, interesting and cool then the whole Senshi/Shitennou nonsense. Plus I did like that the 90s anime actually had gay male characters. Where as I think in the manga literally the only gay characters were Haruka and Michiru.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MariaTenebre wrote:
Either way I think that Zoisite and Kunzite's romantic relationship was one of the best parts of the anime. I wish it was incorporated in the manga and Crystal as it is far more original, interesting and cool then the whole Senshi/Shitennou nonsense. Plus I did like that the 90s anime actually had gay male characters. Where as I think in the manga literally the only gay characters were Haruka and Michiru.

So, I don't think that is that bad thing. What wrong s with them having one gay couple? We don't need to have a lot representation to be a good story.What makes s a story good is the writiing , and characters .Not how many characters are a minority or LGqB T.As for senshi , and shitenou it depends on how it was written. To me its not nonsense . ( Than again tha s my oppinion)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 am 
Stella
Stella
imaginationgirl wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

So, I don't think that is that bad thing. What wrong s with them having one gay couple? We don't need to have a lot representation to be a good story.What makes s a story good is the writiing , and characters .Not how many characters are a minority or LGqB T.As for senshi , and shitenou it depends on how it was written. To me its not nonsense . ( Than again tha s my oppinion)

No you don't need a completely diverse cast to tell a good story I just liked the fact that the 90s anime showed more diversity with it's LGBT themes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MariaTenebre wrote:
imaginationgirl wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

No you don't need a completely diverse cast to tell a good story I just liked the fact that the 90s anime showed more diversity with it's LGBT themes.

Oh, okay sorry I overreacted. :dead: Soe people tried to judge stuff on how diverse they are. Which to me gets kinda annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:18 am 
Stella
Stella
Well I definitely don't like forced diversity imaginationgirl like in the case of modern SJW Marvel comics especially with how disrespectful they are to the legacy characters. However in Sailor Moon's case I don't think any of the more diverse characters were forced. Kunzite and Zoisite and Haruka and Michiru for instance had more to their characters then just being gay. However them being gay did add a unique and interesting dynamic to the series.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Very interesting article, although:

"That dubious honor goes to Boku Patalliro!"

Disgusting choice of words.

But yes, it seems like the nature of the pairing might have been inspired by those characters. Thanks for posting!