Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What Happened To The Combined Attacks?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:56 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
In the first season, the Sailor Guardians would frequently combine their attacks to defeat the monsters. The most common combined attack was Sailor Moon, Mercury, and Mars would combine their powers with the tiara. Sometimes it would be just Sailor Moon and Mars. Later on Jupiter and Venus would combine attacks and Jupiter also combined attacks with Mercury at one point. I always thought the combined attacks were really cool and added more variety to the fight scenes. But it seems like after the first season, the combined attacks mostly disappeared. Why did they stop using them and would you have wanted to see them used more in the later seasons? What combinations would you have wanted to see for the SuperS attacks?

Post subject: Re: What Happened To The Combined Attacks?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I liked them. Don't forget Mars and Jupiter combined attacks during the first season when Kunzite was trying to track Sailor Moon buy her hair strand.

We only saw it a few times after that. When the Sailor Senshi returned in R...Mars and Venus combined attacks. Love-Me Chain and Sparkling Wide Pressure were combined against that ring monster. Burning Mandala and sparkling Wide Pressure was used to to scare off the rabid animals in the episode where Artemis was at the animal shelter.

Uranus, Neptune and Pluto combined attacks, Mercury Aqua Rapshody and Flame Sniper combined once.

Honestly, in SuperS..Flame Sniper and Oak Evolution would have been a great combination.

Towards the end of SuperS when the Senshi have to get past the horde of lemures. In the still shot..Mars is seen releasing a ton of arrows at once, making me wonder just how many of these flame arrows she can release at one time in a real time attack (like how Mami Tomorrow uses her weapons). Imagine that combined with a fast melee attack like Oak Evolution.

Always wanted to see Mercury and Neptune combine attacks also.

Last edited by Star Angel Haruki on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:53 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
My frustration comes from :ami: and :minako: don't have any magic alchemy besides the fight against Metallia or Sailor Planet Attack.

There's that failed triple combo with :ami:, :mako: and :minako: but An interrupted.

The S movie was interesting but like what An did in R in this case with the snow dancers we didn't get to see :rei: :mihiru: and :minako: :haruka: combine their magic abilities.

Sadly their combined abilities in Another Story was limited to the anime too. :confused:

As Stars was about to end I kind of missed them during the filler episodes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I too miss the combined attacks. There should have been more of them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
I thought that the combined attacks in the first season were a good progression of their abilities until they got their more powerful secondary attacks in the second season.
Would have been nice to see some of those secondary attacks used in combinations though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's still better than Crystal's.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Combined secondary attacks would have been cool.

rgveda99 wrote:
It's still better than Crystal's.

Did we really have to go there?