* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon attraction at Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2018
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:04 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://sailormoon-official.com/informat ... MC2018.php

Announcement only

Details to follow

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon attraction at Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2018
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm just going to leave this here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:03 pm 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yeah I think it's what Mara says...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I suspect it will be some kind of limited time VR event because there have been a lot of those for anime at Universal Studios over the years.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:23 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
To be quite honest I'd be very happy to go to a VR open world theme park of Azabu-Juuban and actually walk inside the Sailor Moon universe. Just a thought!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
I'm not sure what kind of attraction it'll be, but if they used the Moon Kingdom as the setting then that would be an interesting way to go.

Why look for the key in another, the answer lays in his own heart, won't find yourself in some other, it always was there right at the start - Howard Jones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/interest ... 18/.121301

Looks like Sailor Moon's will be happening in Spring, does that mean they're doing 4D CG features again? That's pretty much what they did with DBZ, Jojo Part 3 and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgeGVUhWuxo

https://twitter.com/USJ_Official/status ... 2707692545

There's a report on the most recent attractions that you can see here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/interest ... ns/.119367

Last edited by NJ_ on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:27 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
GTAB wrote:
I'm not sure what kind of attraction it'll be, but if they used the Moon Kingdom as the setting then that would be an interesting way to go.

Oh, I didn't even consider that. I'd love that too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
chrissifniotis wrote:
To be quite honest I'd be very happy to go to a VR open world theme park of Azabu-Juuban and actually walk inside the Sailor Moon universe. Just a thought!

Vera Slepoj wrote:
More victi.....ahem test subjects for my experiments. :creeper:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:07 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
GTAB wrote:

A stroll in the streets of Crystal Tokyo would also be nice. :D

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
GTAB wrote:

A stroll in the streets of Crystal Tokyo would also be nice. :D

That would be interesting. I kinda dream they will be a sailor moon theme park.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
imaginationgirl wrote:
I kinda dream they will be a sailor moon theme park.

Even just a virtual one is still nice. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:43 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
I wonder if its going to replace Spiderman? Cool that Universal Studios Japan is getting Sailor Moon then Super Nintendo World two years later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It be kinda nice to get a theme land out of Sailor Moon. I would really consider a trip to USJ for Sailor Moon mini land. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:17 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Here's Sailor Moon on the promo picture for this:

After the picture was released, her artwork was changed to look more like Crystal:
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/938690450646556672

I don't know why it was changed, but it looks good nonetheless! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:15 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It makes sense for it to be changed to look more like Crystal!! This is a new 2018 Sailor Moon attraction so why not make it look like the current Sailor Moon releases. We're probably getting at least one of the new Sailor Moon movies in 2018. (Even if it's released super late in the year December 2018 is still 2018 ^_^' )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
JamesHeart wrote:
It makes sense for it to be changed to look more like Crystal!! This is a new 2018 Sailor Moon attraction so why not make it look like the current Sailor Moon releases. We're probably getting at least one of the new Sailor Moon movies in 2018. (Even if it's released super late in the year December 2018 is still 2018 ^_^' )

I think we are too. Although, I take it with a grain of salt, I've seen some listings like on IMDB which lists Sailor Moon Crystal Dream, Eclipse 1 2018.. not sure if that's just trolled on there but I hope real information no mention of the Season 3 director...lol so it's probably just trolled.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:48 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
https://twitter.com/sailormoon_25th/sta ... 4511286272

Looks like a 4D feature is happening after all.

EDIT: More details:

ANN wrote:
Newly revealed details about the upcoming Sailor Moon attraction at Universal Studios Japan suggest that the Sailor Guardians will face a new challenge, transform, and battle all in 3D. The theater show "Sailor Moon: The Miracle 4D" will launch at the theme park in Osaka on March 16 and run until June 24. The show will feature a completely new story.

Before the guardians take on their latest foe, theme park visitors can find food inspired by them at the Beverly Hills Boulangerie station at take pictures with the five original guardians at the Wonder Pix station.

The Sailor Moon: The Miracle 4D attraction is part of the larger Universal Cool Japan 2018 line-up. Sailor Moon joins Detective Conan, Final Fantasy, and Monster Hunter for a fun-filled experience.

The theme park held its Shonen Jump exhibitions this summer. That featured 4D attractions for Dragon Ball Z and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a water battle, two restaurants, and a stage play for One Piece, and a talk show for Gintama' The park also has other temporary themed attractions such as "Dragon Quest The Real" and "Yo-kai Taiso The Real," based on Yo-kai Watch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:15 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The "completely new story" bit is interesting. The title is cool too. Any chance the footage/visuals from this will eventually get released online or on home video, or are those of us who aren't going to be in Japan next year fated to miss out?

Attachment:
sailormoon_photo_fixw_640_hq.jpg

Interesting how the visuals are clearly done in the 90s style, but with the Crystal details (the collar stripes, Mercury not having sleeves, Venus having her belt). Why didn't they use these designs from the beginning?

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
So this would make this attraction the first animated Sailor Moon content with an original new story since the SuperS movie? I would also be interested in seeing the footage of it. As for why Toei is using a 90s style for the character designs, it's probably cheaper for Toei to recycle existing character design artwork from the 90s and just tweak it slightly than it is to make brand new art for posters for an attraction that's only a limited time. I doubt this is an indication of what art style will be used for the Dream arc movies or anything.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:02 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
it just doesn’t make much sense for them to be mixing 90’s designs with details from Crystal. It’s not even a classic case of Toei making a mistake because originally when they advertised the feature they used the “correct” design for ‘90s Moon and then decided to change it out of nowhere. There really wasn’t any need to tweak those designs considering they’ve kept Crystal and the ‘90s anime separate since the beginning.

Also it’s kinda sad that we’re FINALLY getting an original story and yet there’s probably no chance we’ll get to see it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:37 pm 
Luna
Luna
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Interesting how the visuals are clearly done in the 90s style, but with the Crystal details (the collar stripes, Mercury not having sleeves, Venus having her belt). Why didn't they use these designs from the beginning?

Those aren't really Crystal details; they're manga details. But yeah, the mix-match is unusual. Has any official art piece done this before?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:02 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
MementoNepenthe wrote:
The "completely new story" bit is interesting. The title is cool too. Any chance the footage/visuals from this will eventually get released online or on home video, or are those of us who aren't going to be in Japan next year fated to miss out?

For home video, probably not since they haven't done anything with the other features and the only videos around are recordings from the events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfIK7DgU5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ETprIIuHGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwfYGPT62Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBGGTWekFok

Also there was a new version of We Gotta Power made for the Goku/Freeza feature (first link at 8:55) that was never released on any CD either.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:43 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Hopefully someone can at least do a recording of the Sailor Moon attraction. So will the Sailor Moon attraction also be in full CGI animation? That should be interesting to see.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sailor Starlight wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Those aren't really Crystal details; they're manga details. But yeah, the mix-match is unusual. Has any official art piece done this before?

I say Crystal details rather than manga details because Jupiter lacks her belt and Mars her pendant.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:49 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
And here I am just waiting for the permanent Nintendo expansion...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 pm 
Luna
Luna
I might go to this if the rest of my friends want to go. We're waiting for more details to be released before we make our final decision.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:46 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Cordelia LeFay wrote:
I might go to this if the rest of my friends want to go. We're waiting for more details to be released before we make our final decision.

Would like to see your report on your trip there in due course if you decided to go. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Well since I'll be in Osaka in late April I definitely will myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
chrissifniotis wrote:
Well since I'll be in Osaka in late April I definitely will myself.

Thank you. :)

My J-pop corner