Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

What's your favorite incarnation of Sailor Moon?
Manga 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Original Anime 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
PGSM (live-action tokusatsu series) 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Sera Myu (stage musicals) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sailor Moon Crystal 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Toon Makers' Sailor Moon (aka Saban Moon) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Rank Every Sailor Moon Version
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:32 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rank every major incarnation of Sailor Moon from best to worst or from most to least favorite.

The list includes the following:

• Manga (includes Sailor V, side stories, art books etc)
• Original Anime (includes movies, specials, video games, both English dubs etc.)
• Sera Myu (includes every stage production)
• Toon Makers' Sailor Moon (aka "Saban Moon")
• PGSM (includes movie, specials, concert etc)
• Sailor Moon Crystal (includes altered home video version, music video)

Last edited by Sailor Starlight on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rank Every Sailor Moon Version
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:35 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here is my ranking
1. Original anime
2. Sera Myu
3. Manga
4.PGSM
5. Crystal
6. Toon Makers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:38 am 
Luna
Luna
Here's mine.

1. Original Anime
2. PGSM
3. Sera Myu
4. Manga
5. Toon Makers' Sailor Moon
6. Sailor Moon Crystal :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
My list:

• PGSM!
  • Manga
  • A tie between the original 90's anime and Crystal! (Neither SM anime is all that good, imo. Though, 90's is more fun.) :twistedevil:
  • Musicals?

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:20 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
1 original Anime sub and viz
2 PGSM
3 Manga
4 The musicals
5 Dic/cloverway dubs
6 Crystal
7 Toon Makers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
1. 90s anime
2. Manga/Crystal. Its a tie because Crystal has the advantage of having music, improving some manga scenes and just seeing it in action in general but on the other hand manga feels more firm whereas Crystal (mainly season 1) had some unnecesary changes and cuts
3. PGSM
4. SeraMyu
5. Toon Makers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
1. The Manga - It may have flaws re: pacing and character development and the Stars arc but the artwork is so beautiful and I think the actual plots and themes explored are very interesting.

2. PGSM - The only reason I'm not ranking this #1 is its lack of the Outers. Also Princess Serenity's hideous dress.

3. The Original 90s anime (Both DiC/CWi dub and JP original)- I have so much love and nostalgia for this show. It did great things re: character development, especially for the villains, and has a lot of iconic scenes, but there's just a bit too much filler and uneven writing for my taste. Especially compared to the manga, I feel like its plots just aren't as interesting.

4. The Musicals - I love the music, the costuming of the current run (previous run not so much :lol:), and the wackiness.

5. Sailor Moon Crystal Season III - Apart from the kind of derpy art style, this was a pretty good adaptation of the Infinity arc and makes a good companion series for future re-watches of S.

6. Sailor Moon Crystal - The first five episodes were good, then it all went to hell.

7. ToonMakers - Would love to see that pilot someday. Until then, last place by default.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:50 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
6. Sailor Moon Crystal - The first five episodes were good, then it all went to hell.

Did you fall in love with these eyes, too? I lost my sleep ever since seeing them for the first time. They are so expressive. So dreamy and mysterious. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ Her mouth looks kinda cute too. =^_^=

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I have noticed a distinct trend among more recent Japanese anime to draw girls with only one (lower) lip, as opposed to classic style, where mouths were typically drawn only with lines, without lips. I wonder if this transition has something to do with most anime series these days being outsourced to various South-Asian countries where artists gradually move towards their own drawing style for characters.

Spoiler: show

Most probably in a few years from now all anime girls will finally grow the second lip.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Did you fall in love with these eyes, too? I lost my sleep ever since seeing them for the first time. They are so expressive. So dreamy and mysterious. :love:

I meant story-wise, not animation-wise! (Though they did improve the animation at least a little bit for the BD/DVD release...)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I have noticed a distinct trend among more recent Japanese anime to draw girls with only one (lower) lip, as opposed to classic style, where mouths were typically drawn only with lines, without lips. I wonder if this transition has something to do with most anime series these days being outsourced to various South-Asian countries where artists gradually move towards their own drawing style for characters.

Spoiler: show

Most probably in a few years from now all anime girls will finally grow the second lip.

I guess it looks "sexier" that way? :kiss:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
1. 90's - truly the best and offered so much for the video gaming community. =^_^=
2. PGSM - I used to think it was a Power Rangers rip off. Was I wrong. Wished there was season 2 and 3. :cool:
3. Another Story - an interesting mix of the 90's and manga. 8)
4. S3 Crystal - we get to see :hotaru: in action. :keke:
5. S2 Crystal - Better than S1. ^_^
6. S1 - terrible execution of the general x sailor arc and poor animation for some of the episodes.
7. Manga - not a fan of the artwork.
8. Toonmakers - worth a laugh. But we still need to see the pilot. :ohmy:
9. Artemis' Lover - a laughable and distasteful fan fiction. Surprise, surpise! It's still searchable in youtube. :googly:
10. Chibiusa's 7th Birthday - So glad someone here mentioned what's it all about so I don't have to bother reading it. Probably written at the time grunge and metal music were still mainstream. :grey:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:49 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
1. 90s anime
2. Manga
3. Crystal
4. PGSM
5. SeraMyu
6. Toonmakers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
All the versions have their strengths and weaknesses and I enjoy all the versions more or less to the same degree.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
1 TOON MAKERS SM: Cripple Mercury is such a game changer.
2 PRETTY GUARDIAN SAILOR MOON: Top notch CGI and costume designs.
3 SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL: Quality animation and revolutionary views on romance and female empowerment.
4 SERA MYU: Tony Award deserving acting.
5 SAILOR MOON MANGA: Strong character development.
6 SAILOR MOON ANIME: Not Senshi/Shittenou pairing? EPIC FAILURE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Other: Call me Neko-chan
1.Manga - Seroiusly tho IT HAS SAILOR V
2.90's anime - I started with I'm going to end with it(don't take this seriously please)
3.Crystal - I love it :love:
4.PGSM - Nothing much to say about it except I enjoy the funny moments.
5.Musicals - At least they are better than the Toonmakers version.
6.Saban Moon - Why? ._.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:30 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Here's mine.

1. Original Anime
2. PGSM
3. Sera Myu
4. Manga
5. Toon Makers' Sailor Moon
6. Sailor Moon Crystal :P

Nice list, Sailor Starlight. I truly love how you put PGSM after the original 90's anime.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:07 am 
Luna
Luna
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
Nice list, Sailor Starlight. I truly love how you put PGSM after the original 90's anime.

Thanks! Well, PGSM is a great adaptation. I really wish there was more. I mean, they managed to do wonders with the weakest manga arc, imagine what they could have done with the rest of them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sailor Starlight wrote:
FloraKiraraHime wrote:

Thanks! Well, PGSM is a great adaptation. I really wish there was more. I mean, they managed to do wonders with the weakest manga arc, imagine what they could have done with the rest of them.

PGSM didn't cover the Black Moon or Stars arcs though :lol: :tongue:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Sailor Starlight wrote:
FloraKiraraHime wrote:

PGSM didn't cover the Black Moon or Stars arcs though :lol: :tongue:

I would have loved it if PGSM covered the other arcs. I do think that PGSM would have faired better if instead of it being live action if they made it the second anime adaptation of Sailor Moon. I think had it done this and covered all the arcs it would have been more beloved then Crystal and would be sharp competition to the 90s anime in terms of popularity.