* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Unused Concepts You Wish Were Used
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:21 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
And regarding literal dreams, many animal species can also dream while asleep. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
TS Sailor Cronus wrote:
Quote:
instead of doing the whole "We're animals so we can't have dreams; make us humans so we can have dreams" thing

does this not somehow count as a dream? or do they mean falling-asleep-and-floating-in-an-ice-cream-sundae-boat-through-the-clouds-and-drinking-pine-trees-because-you-wanna-sleep-with-your-mom-according-to-frued dreams? i'm not actually familiar with fourth season, which is why i ask. come to think of it, i can't remember much about that arc in the manga, either... >_>;;

It's unclear if they used "dream" to refer to ambitions, sleep-induced subconscious shenanigans, or both, and by "unclear" I mean they're inconsistent about it / did not think at all critically about the story they were writing, because clearly Fish Eye wanting Mamoru to love him and wanting to have dreams meant Fish Eye WAS ALREADY HAVING DREAMS (in the ambitions/desires sense), which would suggest the Amazon Trio were incapable of having literal dreams, but with every single victim of the day that season, when they talked about their "dreams" they always spoke about their goals/desires, not their literal "I just had the wildest dream last night" dreams. So....yeah. Just a dumb plot point all around.

Well if I had a way of explaining it maybe they did have dreams and desires but were incapable of having literal dreams and maybe since they didn't have dream mirrors their real dreams would be forever out of their reach. That is my best guess.

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
And regarding literal dreams, many animal species can also dream while asleep. :)

That they do so the writers were wrong on this note.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Some unused concepts from the Materials Collection that I would have enjoyed seeing:

- Mercury's uniform having long sleeves
- The Inners' eye colors changing after transforming
- Mars using her waist pendant to shoot fire/lasers
- Jupiter's gloves and sleeves/shoulder pads having a light green cast
- Venus's gloves and sleeves/shoulder pads having a light orange cast
- Venus's ring
- Unazuki's being a TA Girls Academy high school student. (This is probably technically a 'used' concept, but I don't remember her ever appearing in her uniform in the manga or original anime, and I also don't remember her and Rei or Kotono ever interacting.)

(As I go through the MC to write this post, I can't help but laugh at the fact Asanuma's mom evidently drives a Porshe. Is his mom secretly Naoko? lololol)

- It would have been nice to see Petz manipulate animals and plants. Instead she just spreads some sort of flu via storm clouds or something? The manga never even shows Petz actually implementing whatever her plan was.
- Haruka and Michiru as Takarazuka Revue actresses
- Saturn's ring and staff
- The Witches 5 using staffs that match their image colors, rather than all being generically gold.
- Sailor Star Fighter's extra attacks (Star Fighter Kick, Star Fighter Punch, Star Fighter Uppercut, Star Fighter Attack)
- Sailor Star Maker's extra attacks (Star Maker Relaxation, Star Maker Strike (apparently a bit of a pervy maneuver), Star Maker Music Box.
- Sailor Star Healer's extra attacks (Star Healer Beam, Star Healer Tornado, Star Healer Worm)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:31 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Some unused concepts from the Materials Collection that I would have enjoyed seeing:

- Mercury's uniform having long sleeves
- The Inners' eye colors changing after transforming
- Mars using her waist pendant to shoot fire/lasers
- Jupiter's gloves and sleeves/shoulder pads having a light green cast
- Venus's gloves and sleeves/shoulder pads having a light orange cast
- Venus's ring
- Unazuki's being a TA Girls Academy high school student. (This is probably technically a 'used' concept, but I don't remember her ever appearing in her uniform in the manga or original anime, and I also don't remember her and Rei or Kotono ever interacting.)

(As I go through the MC to write this post, I can't help but laugh at the fact Asanuma's mom evidently drives a Porshe. Is his mom secretly Naoko? lololol)

- It would have been nice to see Petz manipulate animals and plants. Instead she just spreads some sort of flu via storm clouds or something? The manga never even shows Petz actually implementing whatever her plan was.
- Haruka and Michiru as Takarazuka Revue actresses
- Saturn's ring and staff
- The Witches 5 using staffs that match their image colors, rather than all being generically gold.
- Sailor Star Fighter's extra attacks (Star Fighter Kick, Star Fighter Punch, Star Fighter Uppercut, Star Fighter Attack)
- Sailor Star Maker's extra attacks (Star Maker Relaxation, Star Maker Strike (apparently a bit of a pervy maneuver), Star Maker Music Box.
- Sailor Star Healer's extra attacks (Star Healer Beam, Star Healer Tornado, Star Healer Worm)

I think these are all great ideas, MementoNepenthe!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:58 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe I think Unazuki did appear in her TA girls school uniform in the 90s anime when she was on Mamoru's bike when he was giving her a ride.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
You're right! Forgot about that. Glad it wasn't *completely* unused but they still could have/should have done more with it.