* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Unused Concepts You Wish Were Used
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Basically, of all the ideas Naoko and company had for the series but, for one reason or another, never actually employed (Cyborg!Mercury, Sailor Moon La Cygne, Ikuhara's SuperS movie concept, etc), which do you really wish had been implemented? What unused concepts would you loved to have seen?

For me, I've always been curious about Diana the Moon Fairy. What would she have been like? How would she have impacted the plot? Would kitten!Diana still have existed (possibly with a different name)? I'd love for a future adaptation to incorporate this character, even if only for a one-off ~alternate universe~ or ~it was all a dream~ type episode.

I've also always loved Naoko's early idea that Chibiusa would have alien friends, as seen here: http://mangastyle.net/images/artbook2/s ... k-2-29.jpg

I don't know if they would have worked well as "full-time" characters per se, but I wish Naoko had used that concept for one of the Picture Diary side stories.

Post subject: Re: Unused Concepts You Wish Were Used
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:42 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I think having Ami as a cyborg was a terrible idea.

I think Ikuhara's idea for the SuperS film could have taken "Sailor Moon" to the next level.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm also bummed Ikuhara's original concept for the SuperS movie never came to fruition. I also would've liked to see his original idea for the climax of the R movie.

Really wish Toei would've gone with Kazuko Tadano's original design for the Moonlight Knight. It made more sense than the version we got.

Although it's minor, I would've liked to have seen Mako as a smoker. It would've been cool. :smug:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:20 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
does "mysterious face 2098" count?if so i wish that were used
otherwise,i don't have any

edit:i would also like mako as a smoker :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:23 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would have loved to see Sailor Venus and Mars's eyes change colour when they transform from school girl to Sailor Senshi if it was for the anime adaptation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:22 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
Although it's minor, I would've liked to have seen Mako as a smoker. It would've been cool. :smug:

Me too, tho that's totally infeasible nowadays. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Umino wrote:

Me too, tho that's totally infeasible nowadays. lol

Agreed. The actress of Sailormoon The Movie had a picture taken during break smoking and was heavily criticized for it.

Reminds me of a scene in Southpark.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Speaking of 'chainsmoking' Mako, I would have loved to see this whole concept as a separate series or AU:
Attachment:
sailormoon-artbook-infinity-64.jpg
sailormoon-artbook-infinity-64.jpg [ 30.92 KiB | Viewed 1650 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 am 
Stella
Stella
I actually agree on Diana the Moon Fairy. In my fanfic I renamed her Nike and made her into Sailor Galaxia's Guardian Creature. In my story I always thought that Sailor Galaxia reminded me of the Goddess Athena both were arrayed in golden armor etc. So I had that Sailor Galaxia's royal name is Athena. I of course go by the 90s canon. I basically had that when Sailor Galaxia begun to be taken over by Chaos she sent Nike away so she wouldn't be hurt. However I haven't decided where she would go in the meantime between her parting with Sailor Galaxia and Sailor Galaxia's exorcism of Chaos at the end of Sailor Stars.

As for some of the unused ideas I would have really liked for Haruka and Michiru to be Takarazuka actresses as they were originally intended to be. They could still retain their other careers like Haruka could be a race car driver, Michiru could be a violinist and painter etc however they could also be in Takarazuka as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:28 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Speaking of 'chainsmoking' Mako, I would have loved to see this whole concept as a separate series or AU:
Attachment:
sailormoon-artbook-infinity-64.jpg

Yeah, delinquent/gangsta Mako FTW! :cool: :D

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:41 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
maria tenebre uses awesome idea of awesomness with galaxia/ diana.

i was curious about diana fairy too. otherwise, cyborg mercury was replaced by cyborg hotaru which was way cooler. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
TS Sailor Cronus wrote:
otherwise, cyborg mercury was replaced by cyborg hotaru which was way cooler. 8)

And just makes more sense. How was Ami supposed to be a cyborg? I guess in that version she'd have a VERY different backstory

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I agree that Cyborg Hotaru makes a lot more sense than Cyborg Ami, so I'm happy things panned out that way.

Loving all the love for delinquent/smoker Mako in this thread! I don't care one way the other about Mako being a smoker, but I would have enjoyed seeing her in a gang. That could have been a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm surprised that the Diana Fairy idea wasn't retooled as some kind of "Guardian Moon." It's strange to me that all of the Sol System senshi seem to have Sailor Power Guardians but not Moon or Chibi Moon?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 am 
Stella
Stella
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I'm surprised that the Diana Fairy idea wasn't retooled as some kind of "Guardian Moon." It's strange to me that all of the Sol System senshi seem to have Sailor Power Guardians but not Moon or Chibi Moon?

Honestly I thought the Sailor Power Guardians made little to no sense. On one hand they referred to themselves as the Inner and Outer Senshi's other selves and yet for some reason they stayed in their Super forms while the Senshi advanced to Eternal, yet in other senses they are painted as the separate Guardians of their Senshi's Sailor Crystals and castles. Also what about Guardian Cosmos is she also a Sailor Power Guardian of the Cosmos Crystal and yet she looks nothing like Sailor Cosmos and doesn't seem to be Sailor Cosmos's other self. What I did in my fanfic was I completely changed the Sailor Power Guardians. In my fic the Sailor Power Guardians were the lead Satellite Senshi that guarded one of the Sol Senshi and are not the separate selves of their respective Senshi but the Guardians of their castles. I had for instance Phobos and Deimos aka Rei's Crows become Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos and to be Sailor Mars's Sailor Power Guardian. Plus in the manga it wasn't Guardian Mars that gave Sailor Mars her Sailor Crystal but rather Phobos and Deimos themselves. I will also be making Senshi for each of the castles of the respective Senshi so there will be a Sailor Mariner for Sailor Mercury, a Sailor Io for Sailor Jupiter, a Sailor Miranda for Sailor Uranus etc. I also had Sailor Astarte to be Sailor Moon's Sailor Power Guardian and the leader of the Sailor Power Guardians and the other Satellite Senshi.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
MariaTenebre wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:

Honestly I thought the Sailor Power Guardians made little to no sense. On one hand they referred to themselves as the Inner and Outer Senshi's other selves and yet for some reason they stayed in their Super forms while the Senshi advanced to Eternal, yet in other senses they are painted as the separate Guardians of their Senshi's Sailor Crystals and castles. Also what about Guardian Cosmos is she also a Sailor Power Guardian of the Cosmos Crystal and yet she looks nothing like Sailor Cosmos and doesn't seem to be Sailor Cosmos's other self. What I did in my fanfic was I completely changed the Sailor Power Guardians. In my fic the Sailor Power Guardians were the lead Satellite Senshi that guarded one of the Sol Senshi and are not the separate selves of their respective Senshi but the Guardians of their castles. I had for instance Phobos and Deimos aka Rei's Crows become Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos and to be Sailor Mars's Sailor Power Guardian. Plus in the manga it wasn't Guardian Mars that gave Sailor Mars her Sailor Crystal but rather Phobos and Deimos themselves. I will also be making Senshi for each of the castles of the respective Senshi so there will be a Sailor Mariner for Sailor Mercury, a Sailor Io for Sailor Jupiter, a Sailor Miranda for Sailor Uranus etc. I also had Sailor Astarte to be Sailor Moon's Sailor Power Guardian and the leader of the Sailor Power Guardians and the other Satellite Senshi.

Not bad. Yeah, the Power Guardians always confused me too. I almost wish they didn't exist and they all got their Sailor Crystals from different people. Well I guess it really only applies to Ami and Mako

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:24 am 
Stella
Stella
doctorwho29 wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:

Not bad. Yeah, the Power Guardians always confused me too. I almost wish they didn't exist and they all got their Sailor Crystals from different people. Well I guess it really only applies to Ami and Mako

Yeah really their respective Sailor Power Guardians only gave Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter their Sailor Crystals. Sailor Mars received hers from Phobos and Deimos, Sailor Venus got hers from Artemis and Sailor Saturn gave all of the Outer Senshi their Sailor Crystals.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:11 pm 
Luna
Luna
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I agree that Cyborg Hotaru makes a lot more sense than Cyborg Ami, so I'm happy things panned out that way.

Agreed.

The only way I could think of implementing Cyborg Ami is that Mercury from Silver Millennium had structured the eternity main system, and that Mercury had made a lifelike to act in her stead while she was off on missions. She's responsible for the hologram of Queen Serenity, Luna and Artemis' pods and was actually the "Boss" that Artemis answered to in Sailor V.

Maybe there would be a story change where Mercury suffered and accident and Dr. Mizuno and Professor Tomoe joined forces to bring her back :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Loving all the love for delinquent/smoker Mako in this thread! I don't care one way the other about Mako being a smoker, but I would have enjoyed seeing her in a gang. That could have been a lot of fun!

I'd like her to have a huge, elaborate tattoo on her back too. :cool: :D

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
SILVER wrote:
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Agreed.

The only way I could think of implementing Cyborg Ami is that Mercury from Silver Millennium had structured the eternity main system, and that Mercury had made a lifelike to act in her stead while she was off on missions. She's responsible for the hologram of Queen Serenity, Luna and Artemis' pods and was actually the "Boss" that Artemis answered to in Sailor V.

Maybe there would be a story change where Mercury suffered and accident and Dr. Mizuno and Professor Tomoe joined forces to bring her back :P

it is time for you to write that fanfic.

get to work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ And would like to see the doc & the professor fallen in love & getting married in the end. :D

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I don't think there was really a way for it to happen in the manga, but I wish the 90s anime and the musicals had used Naoko's ideas about the Amazon Trio's dreams (Tiger's Eye wanting to be a rock star, Fish Eye wanting to be a star ball balancer, and Hawk's Eye wanting to open a bar in Las Vegas) instead of doing the whole "We're animals so we can't have dreams; make us humans so we can have dreams" thing (which was just dumb because surely Luna and Artemis have dreams? Or are they special because they're ~magic~?). I don't know; it would have just been a lot more interesting if they could have realized personal dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:45 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Since Diana the Moon Fairy was mentioned, well, I wanted to link to a an earlier thread that I had done on that unused character for the Sailor Moon Manga, on these forums:

Diana the Moon Fairy!!

I would like to see her have some role as well!! ;) :love: :cookie:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that she's in my Avatar!!

DOUBLE-EDIT: I actually happen to :love: the Sailor Power Guardians!!

Last edited by Tuf Pic on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:03 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I don't think there was really a way for it to happen in the manga, but I wish the 90s anime and the musicals had used Naoko's ideas about the Amazon Trio's dreams (Tiger's Eye wanting to be a rock star, Fish Eye wanting to be a star ball balancer, and Hawk's Eye wanting to open a bar in Las Vegas) instead of doing the whole "We're animals so we can't have dreams; make us humans so we can have dreams" thing (which was just dumb because surely Luna and Artemis have dreams? Or are they special because they're ~magic~?). I don't know; it would have just been a lot more interesting if they could have realized personal dreams.

Yeah I would have rather they used their established ideas of dreams as opposed to the idea that they couldn't have dreams. Luna and Artemis may be different because they are sentient alien cat people as opposed to non sentient animals given human forms. All though it could be said that maybe they have these dreams in the forms of aspirations but it is forever out of their reach because they don't have dream mirrors I am not for sure. The Amazon Trio's story kind of makes me think of the original Hans Christian Anderson version of The Little Mermaid. Unlike in later versions the Mermaid's ultimate goal was not so much love but was to gain an immortal soul which she received due to her selfless love of the Prince (undeservedly as the prince was a jerk).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:23 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
MariaTenebre wrote:
Yeah I would have rather they used their established ideas of dreams as opposed to the idea that they couldn't have dreams. Luna and Artemis may be different because they are sentient alien cat people as opposed to non sentient animals given human forms. All though it could be said that maybe they have these dreams in the forms of aspirations but it is forever out of their reach because they don't have dream mirrors I am not for sure. The Amazon Trio's story kind of makes me think of the original Hans Christian Anderson version of The Little Mermaid. Unlike in later versions the Mermaid's ultimate goal was not so much love but was to gain an immortal soul which she received due to her selfless love of the Prince (undeservedly as the prince was a jerk).

Actually the Little Mermaid angle is a cool observation. Nehellenia in general seems to run off of fairy tales such as Sleeping Beauty (cursing the infant Princess Serenity in the manga), Snow White (stuck in a mirror and obsessed with beauty in both versions), and The Snow Queen (cursing people with mirror shards in the eye and the heroine facing many trials to save a cursed loved one in the anime).

Anyway, as to the point of this post, maybe the Trio should have showed up again acting out their dreams. Helios took them to Elysion and their story just stopped. In the final episode of SuperS, when the Circus was defeated they should have returned to earth and pursued their dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 pm 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
Diana the Moon Fairy and Sailor Moon La Cygne aka Fukano Moon are the two concepts I wished were used. Also, I'd love to see the prototype Inners uniforms. Also, I wonder what the Outers prototype uniforms looked like.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:42 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Quote:
instead of doing the whole "We're animals so we can't have dreams; make us humans so we can have dreams" thing

does this not somehow count as a dream? or do they mean falling-asleep-and-floating-in-an-ice-cream-sundae-boat-through-the-clouds-and-drinking-pine-trees-because-you-wanna-sleep-with-your-mom-according-to-frued dreams? i'm not actually familiar with fourth season, which is why i ask. come to think of it, i can't remember much about that arc in the manga, either... >_>;;

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:27 am 
Stella
Stella
Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
Diana the Moon Fairy and Sailor Moon La Cygne aka Fukano Moon are the two concepts I wished were used. Also, I'd love to see the prototype Inners uniforms. Also, I wonder what the Outers prototype uniforms looked like.

I personally didn't like Sailor Moon La Cygne. For one I didn't like how she didn't have a Sailor Collar in this outfit I mean she is supposed to be Sailor Moon. I always thought the Eternal outfit looked better,

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
TS Sailor Cronus wrote:
Quote:
instead of doing the whole "We're animals so we can't have dreams; make us humans so we can have dreams" thing

does this not somehow count as a dream? or do they mean falling-asleep-and-floating-in-an-ice-cream-sundae-boat-through-the-clouds-and-drinking-pine-trees-because-you-wanna-sleep-with-your-mom-according-to-frued dreams? i'm not actually familiar with fourth season, which is why i ask. come to think of it, i can't remember much about that arc in the manga, either... >_>;;

It's unclear if they used "dream" to refer to ambitions, sleep-induced subconscious shenanigans, or both, and by "unclear" I mean they're inconsistent about it / did not think at all critically about the story they were writing, because clearly Fish Eye wanting Mamoru to love him and wanting to have dreams meant Fish Eye WAS ALREADY HAVING DREAMS (in the ambitions/desires sense), which would suggest the Amazon Trio were incapable of having literal dreams, but with every single victim of the day that season, when they talked about their "dreams" they always spoke about their goals/desires, not their literal "I just had the wildest dream last night" dreams. So....yeah. Just a dumb plot point all around.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:30 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
maybe it's the wizard of oz scenario. turns out scarecrow already had a brain, iron man already had a heart (ha!) and lion already had courage, they just didn't see it in themselves.