Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So I ship Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, now what?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membership
I just watched Sailor moon crystal season 1 and 2. And now I'm kind of hooked on this pairing. There was so much imagination that went into their storyline. After months of watching crap TV it was kind of refreshing and even inspiring.
I was hoping to watch/read more about them. I'm really interested in tuxedo mask centric stuff.
Are there other adaptions other fans recommend that highlight these two? What are your favorite episodes/movies/volumes?
Also what should I look out for? Are you guys waiting on the season 3 dub? Thanks! Sorry this was kind of a introduction post and a question post crammed into one.

Post subject: Re: So I ship Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, now what?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Try Sailor Moon R Ep 69 of the 90s anime..

:twistedevil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Personally I think that Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask are an amazing couple in all adaptations of the series. They have beautiful romantic moments in all of the canons such as the manga, 90s anime, Sera Myu, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon Crystal etc. They are definitely my favorite heterosexual pairing in the series.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:40 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would certainly suggest checking out the manga, while you're waiting for Crystal to update. Might be spoiler-y for Crystal, but there are great moments. I'm still slowly working on live-action PGSM, but from what others have told me, there are good UsagixMamoru stuff there. If the upcoming Crystal movie is mostly accurate to the manga, there's going to be some wonderful moments for that ship and Tuxedo Mask. And if you need something to hold you over, fanart and fanfics can work, if you're into that stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Yeah see the best arc for their ship :googly: :twistedevil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:00 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
I think Ep 69 made sense. There was a thread here that explained why. Wish I could find it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:08 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
Prince Rose wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Yeah see the best arc for their ship :googly: :twistedevil:

Can we please not bring this person heartbreak ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:32 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Lue4028 wrote:
I just watched Sailor moon crystal season 1 and 2. And now I'm kind of hooked on this pairing. There was so much imagination that went into their storyline. After months of watching crap TV it was kind of refreshing and even inspiring.
I was hoping to watch/read more about them. I'm really interested in tuxedo mask centric stuff.
Are there other adaptions other fans recommend that highlight these two? What are your favorite episodes/movies/volumes?
Also what should I look out for? Are you guys waiting on the season 3 dub? Thanks! Sorry this was kind of a introduction post and a question post crammed into one.

Heh, no worries mate and welcome to the forum.
Hm, I guess it depends on your taste nowadays. I'm guessing since you liked Crystal you liked the drama of their meeting, Mamo becoming evil and the sort of distant timeline themes, but that's just a guess. If you're looking for eps or volumes that are specifically Usagi/Mamoru centered outside of Crystal the 90s anime is an interesting balance between drama and comedy, although often falling on the side of comedy; episode 22 is essentially Act 4 in Crystal with a few minor differences. Depending on how you look at it I think episode 28 is a good example of the kind of dynamic the two have with each other as civilians. Episode 34 is the big reveal ep, I'm not a fan of it in general but the climax leading into ep 35 is great drama. Episode 46 is the finale of the first season and is definitely a great episode all round. In terms of the manga since Crystal is meant to follow the manga much more closely I can confidently say that volume 2 seems to have many of the acts that are Usagi/Mamoru centric, however they are also very close to Crystal so it may not but very useful to a person who has also seen Crystal.
That's about the best I can advise right now, enjoy. :keke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Just watch everything and you’ll see it all, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Thanks for all your recommendations and sorry for the late response! I'm watching the 90's anime right now. In some ways I like it even more than crystal because of the comedy and relatability of usagi. But crystal felt like it had more drama involving tuxedo mask and was more of a adult story. For the 90s anime I can totally see little kids watching it lol. The 90's anime is a bit repetitive too so sometimes I feel the temptation to skip around. But the intro sequences are amazing in the 90s version.

My favorite episodes were when Mamoru broke up with usagi (that came as a shock lol) and the episode when they got back together, for the drama content. 69 was not my favorite because I was kind of mad with Mamorus inexplicable behavior at that point (why was he so reluctant to save her?) but in the episode when he kicked usagi out of his room when she said it was OK if she died like in the dream mamoru had, then I got it. I'm also really enjoying chibi usa and usagi competing over mamoru, which never gets old haha

magic713 wrote:
I would certainly suggest checking out the manga, while you're waiting for Crystal to update. Might be spoiler-y for Crystal, but there are great moments. I'm still slowly working on live-action PGSM, but from what others have told me, there are good UsagixMamoru stuff there. If the upcoming Crystal movie is mostly accurate to the manga, there's going to be some wonderful moments for that ship and Tuxedo Mask. And if you need something to hold you over, fanart and fanfics can work, if you're into that stuff.

Super excited for the movie then! Do you have any recs for the fanart/fanfiction? There's probably a tread somewhere for that but what is your favorite author/artist?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Lue4028 wrote:
Thanks for all your recommendations and sorry for the late response! I'm watching the 90's anime right now. In some ways I like it even more than crystal because of the comedy and relatability of usagi. But crystal felt like it had more drama involving tuxedo mask and was more of a adult story. For the 90s anime I can totally see little kids watching it lol. The 90's anime is a bit repetitive too so sometimes I feel the temptation to skip around. But the intro sequences are amazing in the 90s version.

My favorite episodes were when Mamoru broke up with usagi (that came as a shock lol) and the episode when they got back together, for the drama content. 69 was not my favorite because I was kind of mad with Mamorus inexplicable behavior at that point (why was he so reluctant to save her?) but in the episode when he kicked usagi out of his room when she said it was OK if she died like in the dream mamoru had, then I got it. I'm also really enjoying chibi usa and usagi competing over mamoru, which never gets old haha

magic713 wrote:

Super excited for the movie then! Do you have any recs for the fanart/fanfiction? There's probably a tread somewhere for that but what is your favorite author/artist?

How did you like the Rei x Mamoru dating drama ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Loved the Rei x Mamoru mismatch. Loved how the both only clicked when they were talking about failure Usagi and the Dreamland Park episode.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:27 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
You should check out PGSM and the recent musicals for a more manga accurate portrayal of Usagi and Mamoru's relationship. I would also recommend checking out the R movie which I think is the best portrayal of their relationship in the 90s anime. The S movie is more heavily focused on Luna but it does have some cute Usagi/Mamoru moments that I enjoy as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
We can't also forget about certain episodes in SuperS...that involves ninjas, old school friends and a weird inflatable balloon chick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
The Nehelenia arc in Stars also has some good dramatic Usagi x Mamoru moments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:24 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Watch Buffy season 2. :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Lue4028 wrote:
magic713 wrote:
And if you need something to hold you over, fanart and fanfics can work, if you're into that stuff.

That's a little tricky to determine, since fanfics are very different and I enjoy a whole variety of them, some of which others would not enjoy. There are a few tricks I've used to weed out and find the best fanfics on some sites. Like on FanFiction(dot)net, you can filter the fanfics by using the characters Usagi and Mamoru, and sort them by favorites so you get the most well liked ones (or ones that have been there the longest to have a lot of faves). On ArchiveOfOurOwn, you could filter the couple tag itself and sort by kudos. Or you can go to tvtropes, look for Sailor Moon and look at the FanficRec section and look for specific Usagi/Mamoru recommended fics among them. These are my top three methods of searching for fics in a popular fandom in the top sites.

As for fanart, I usually search deviantart or tumblr, though if you are very serious you might search their multiple names. Deviantart does have a section of groups dedicated to this couple so you could check that out if you'd like.

I hope this helps. I'm glad to meet a fellow shipper and hope you continue to enjoy Sailor Moon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:48 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membership
Awwww... I'm also obsessed with those two :love: :love: . They are both lovely.. Although in the 90's anime they had more of like a childish relationship.. I sometimes felt like Serena behave like a little girl and Darien was his older brother taking care of her, it was sweet and cute nonetheless. I haven't watch the new version Sailor Moon Crystal but I plan to do it soon. I haven't read the magna either, I just started to read it but according to the people in here their relationship there is very mature and you get to see all their aspects of their relationship.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
The Doom Tree arc also has some good Usagi x Mamoru moments. Like in episode 53 where Usagi and Mamoru take care of a baby and the baby's first words is saying their names. I also love the scenes where Usagi and Mamoru try to protect each other in the Doom Tree finale.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^^ That really was a good one and another when Usagi is put in that deep sleep. That was low-key a kind of tear jerking episode.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
In spite of a lot of the fair criticisms of their relationship in the 90s anime, I think the original series has a lot of sweet Usagi X Mamoru moments that I feel are under-appreciated.