Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why is Chibiusa offensive towards Usagi?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:05 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Why is Chibiusa offensive towards Usagi from the very beginning to the end? Always trying to insult or offend her, or make her look stupid. Even when Usagi revealed to be Sailor Moon and Chibiusa's mother, she continued acting the same way. Why? What did Usagi do to her in the first place? Why didn't Chibiusa start to like her more later? And notice that she almost never act the same way towards anyone else.
Attachment:
Sailor_Moon_Super_S_s04_e03_(130).avi_snapshot_03.01_[2017.10.03_21.41.39].jpg
Sailor_Moon_Super_S_s04_e03_(130).avi_snapshot_03.01_[2017.10.03_21.41.39].jpg [ 64.09 KiB | Viewed 726 times ]

Last edited by Gunslinger on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Why is Chibiusa offensive towards Usagi?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
And it pisses me off that no one seems to care about Usagi-chan's feelings. Maybe it supposed to be funny, but I alway feel sorry for her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:22 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Maybe Chibiusa sees herself as the superior Usagi. She probably just doesn't want regular Usagi ruining her reputation. Perhaps since Chibiusa behaves very similarly, she wants to take out her frustration on Usagi to look better in comparison. I dunno, I'm just throwing this theory out there.

Why look for the key in another, the answer lays in his own heart, won't find yourself in some other, it always was there right at the start - Howard Jones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Again I don't see what the issue is Usagi and Chibiusa fight like sisters however both were shown to have genuine loving moments to one another. Their relationship isn't much different from Usagi and Rei in how they have their fights but are still very close.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
maybe it's a rebel phase or maybe she sees too much of herself in Usagi and deny's it or something in anycase I never liked this attitude she has to Usagi I like it when Rei does it
but chibiusa comes off as bratty then you add the constant obsession for cape boy and it's a mess - no thank you all of my nope

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:54 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Chibi-Usa loves Usagi dearly then even had one episode in Super S that revealed that as She drew a beautiful photo of Usagi for a painter she befriended and she called it "The Person I Look Up To The Most"

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:17 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
maybe it's a rebel phase or maybe she sees too much of herself in Usagi and deny's it or something in anycase I never liked this attitude she has to Usagi I like it when Rei does it
but chibiusa comes off as bratty then you add the constant obsession for cape boy and it's a mess - no thank you all of my nope

Again I don't see how people say that the arguments between Usagi and Rei are somehow ok but her arguments with Mamoru and Chibiusa are not. All three started out hurling insults at Usagi and Usagi hurled them back at them. However Mamoru became Usagi's love interest, Rei became one of Usagi's best friends, and Chibiusa her future daughter had a little sister dynamic with Usagi. Which according to Clow Chibiusa like Usagi's family and herself were based on Bishoujo Kamen Potrine. On that show Potrine had a little sister who became Petite Poitrine and the two argued and bickered like Usagi and Chibiusa. Now while Chibiusa is not Usagi's sister rather her future daughter, while she is in the past she like Chibi Chibi poses as Usagi's little sister.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:34 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
MariaTenebre wrote:
both were shown to have genuine loving moments to one another

Ryo Urawa wrote:
Chibi-Usa loves Usagi dearly

I've never said that Chibiusa doesn't love Usagi. I'm talking about the way she acts towards her most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
MariaTenebre wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:

Again I don't see how people say that the arguments between Usagi and Rei are somehow ok but her arguments with Mamoru and Chibiusa are not. All three started out hurling insults at Usagi and Usagi hurled them back at them. However Mamoru became Usagi's love interest, Rei became one of Usagi's best friends, and Chibiusa her future daughter had a little sister dynamic with Usagi. Which according to Clow Chibiusa like Usagi's family and herself were based on Bishoujo Kamen Potrine. On that show Potrine had a little sister who became Petite Poitrine and the two argued and bickered like Usagi and Chibiusa. Now while Chibiusa is not Usagi's sister rather her future daughter, while she is in the past she like Chibi Chibi poses as Usagi's little sister.

there's a different sisterly vibe with Rei compared to Chiba and Chibi whether you see it or not is completely subjective as is this view

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:09 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
chibi-usa has the mind of a child trapped within the body of a child both of which should have become an adult well over 800 years ago. you'd be cranky toward other people too. however, she has technically had some growth and maturity during those years. consider the fact that she was bullied by her peers and had no friends because of her stunted growth, had her identity as the queen's daughter questioned and taunted... then she herself approached usagi violently once they met in order to steal her crystal. from that point usagi didn't trust her at all for a while and fueled their rivalry quite a lot. then, chibi-usa sees that same person as sailor moon, who is also her mother, who has been treating her like this, just like all the other people in her life who have cast her aside/ bullied her, and there's a good possibility that, at least subconsciously, chibi-usa blames usagi/ her mother for her fate. she is hundreds of years older than usagi, and she has had enough growth/ maturity to know that this type of behavior conflicts with the image of a sailor senshi and future ruler of the world, BUT at the same time chibi-usa is still regarded as a child, so there's a push-pull of superiority and inferiority within her heart all the time.