Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Does anyone else actually like the Super S season...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
...of the original anime?

I really like it because it has my favorite villains and I also enjoyed all the goofiness going around which A LOT of people seem to hate.

Post subject: Re: Does anyone else actually like the Super S season...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:02 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
i like it because it's the season i watched a lot in tv as a kid.Now my favorite season has changed but i still love super s because of nostalgia and that it has nice funny episodes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:28 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like it. It's not my favorite season but it's a lot of fun. We meet some interesting characters as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:43 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not as good as the manga's Dream arc but not as bad as the anime's Galaxia arc in Stars. SuperS does drag a bit (specifically during the Amazon Trio arc) but it is fun and watchable.

It also gave us three of the manga's short stories in animated form (episode 3 of the TV special, episode 153 of the main season & the mini-special before the movie) and unlike the S movie, they were actually good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
Not as good as the manga's Dream arc but not as bad as the anime's Galaxia arc in Stars. SuperS does drag a bit (specifically during the Amazon Trio arc) but it is fun and watchable.

It also gave us three of the manga's short stories in animated form (episode 3 of the TV special, episode 153 of the main season & the mini-special before the movie) and unlike the S movie, they were actually good.

I disagree I think the Sailor Galaxia arc in Stars was better then SuperS. I have made my feelings known about SuperS. It is over all my least favorite season. The plot moves along at a snails pace and there is so much filler and little plot. They ignored tons of the cool moments, characters and plots of the manga and kept the Outers out over all making it a very dragging and a regression from S. That being said there were things I liked about it. I for one liked the Amazon Trio's beefed roles and personalities. I liked that they turned good in the end. I also loved the Amazones Quartet their personalities were endearing and I loved their parallels with Chibiusa. Namely how Chibiusa wants to grow up and be a lady where as they all want to stay children. I do wish they would have become Senshi in the 90s anime but it was definitely implied they would in the future with how they remarked that they will see Chibiusa again someday. I also thought that Queen Nehellenia's SuperS story was way better then the Dream arc storyline of her being a Chaos spawn. All though it would have been cool if they made whatever creature that was in her mirror into the Chaos Spawn for this season and for her to be the Queen Metalia to Queen Nehellenia's Queen Beryl. I also will say this that the SuperS movie is by far my favorite of the movies as I just found it really cool I love Badiane as a villain and the plot of the movie. The only thing I didn't like was the Chibiusa and Perle relationship as Chibiusa should be with Helios. It also raised a plot hole for Sailor Pluto to be in this movie which was never explained and some have used it as a reason to not consider the movie canon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
SuperS is not my favorite season but it has some of the funniest episodes of the 90s anime and I love the villains in it, especially the Amazonness Quartet and Nehelenia. I also love Helios and I think SuperS has the best animation and music in the 90s anime.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:48 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Super S for a long time was my least favorite arc of the classic anime. That was before I read the manga. After I did, Stars became my least favorite. Or at least the second half of the arc. Super S seems to be all over the place from a writing perspective, and the comedy wasn't as great as first three arcs. Thought the ending was underwhelming even before reading the manga version of Dream. And Stars actually does have some really funny moments.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:52 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
SailorV-in-UK wrote:
...of the original anime?

Nope. Didn't even watch all episodes.

"S" is, in my opinion, the darkest season... so the transition from "S" to "SuperS" is very awkward.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I like it. It has the best music and animation of all seasons, and the villains were fun. The problem is the sheer amount of fillers that slow down the pace, as the plot driven episodes are very good.

It still doesn't come close to the epicness that was the Dream arc though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
The first half of Stars should have been "SuperS" --if that were the case, "Stars" would not have gotten such a bad rep.