Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sailor Moon STI Awareness Campaign
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Moon is helping fight STIs across Japan!

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon STI Awareness Campaign
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:25 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
I know some people think this is pretty stupid and silly, but I think it's kind of great tbh. They're trying to take away some of the stigma associated with sex and getting tested and I think that's pretty important, especially if that stigma is preventing people from getting tested and asking about sexual health.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As long as it's effective, it's good - all other considerations are of secondary importance. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
After fans wiped their feces with Sailor Moon and soaked Sailor Moon with their menstrual blood, it was the logical next step to let them cum into Sailor Moon as well. So we have now toilet paper, menstrual pads, and condoms to take care of all the various liquids and solid products coming out of bodies of loyal fans of the series. What marvellous new merchandise Toei & Naoko are preparing for us next?

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
As long as it's effective, it's good - all other considerations are of secondary importance. :)

I think this was Naoko's motto for managing the entire BSSM franchise during last two decades. :mischief:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Maraviollantes wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

I think this was Naoko's motto for managing the entire BSSM franchise during last two decades. :mischief:

Depending on what her objectives are, she may be pretty effective on that regard too. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:30 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Wow....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
It is a good thing that Sailor Moon is so iconic in Japan to be used as the advertiser of such important campaign.... I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
It is a good thing that Sailor Moon is so iconic in Japan to be used as the advertiser of such important campaign.... I guess.

Yup, this' the whole point of the matter. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:02 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
Maraviollantes wrote:
It was the logical next step to let them cum into Sailor Moon as well. So we have now [...] condoms to take care of all the [...] products coming out of bodies of loyal fans [...].

:eek: Well, thank you very much for the Nightmare.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:23 am 
Stella
Stella
I am happy for this I love that Sailor Moon is being used to fight for safe sex this is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Onuzim Ima wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
It was the logical next step to let them cum into Sailor Moon as well. So we have now [...] condoms to take care of all the [...] products coming out of bodies of loyal fans [...].

:eek: Well, thank you very much for the Nightmare.

No need to thank me. The only people you should be thankful to are Naoko and Toei employees. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:47 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
That's disturbing. And I don't care if it's effective. I don't like Sailor Moon being associated with sexual intercourse in any way. Especially this way. She is not supposed to be well awared of those STI of yours because she only has one sexual partner in her life. Assuming she is well awared of STI means that she probably had or going to have many sexual partners. And this is not true. Even kissing with anyone but Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen/Chiba Mamoru is not appropriate to her.
Attachment:
Sailor_Moon_s01_e12.avi_snapshot_06.35_[2017.06.10_17.36.00].jpg
Sailor_Moon_s01_e12.avi_snapshot_06.35_[2017.06.10_17.36.00].jpg [ 58.38 KiB | Viewed 993 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 pm 
Luna
Luna
The Sailor Moon flyer and condoms for the campaign.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Gunslinger wrote:
That's disturbing. And I don't care if it's effective. I don't like Sailor Moon being associated with sexual intercourse in any way. Especially this way. She is not supposed to be well awared of those STI of yours because she only has one sexual partner in her life. Assuming she is well awared of STI means that she probably had or going to have many sexual partners. And this is not true. Even kissing with anyone but Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen/Chiba Mamoru is not appropriate to her.
Attachment:

You realize Sailor Moon is a fictional character, right? Sorry that you've somehow been conditioned to think sex is gross or somehow wrong, but this is for the greater good of everyone's wellbeing. Also, plenty of chaste people are well aware of STIs??? You don't have to actually have sex to learn about it. In fact, in many cases, having sex is not at all informative of the looming dangers of STIs or how to go about having it safely. Your virginal projection of a fictional character is your own fantasy to have, but there is a real epidemic going on and this is a cause for sake of public health, so get over it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 pm 
Luna
Luna
^Unfortunately, Gunslinger isn't alone in this kind of thinking.

‘Sailor Moon’ condoms combat syphilis but heroine’s fans flustered by age issue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
flockapowpow wrote:
You realize Sailor Moon is a fictional character, right?

When your masters send you peddling condoms or selling menstrual pads, it's very convenient (for them) that their subordinate is a fictional character. Because a fictional character can't say "no, I had enough of this BS, and I had enough of doing these dirty jobs for you for two decades, leave me alone already". :neutral:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
After fans wiped their feces with Sailor Moon and soaked Sailor Moon with their menstrual blood, it was the logical next step to let them cum into Sailor Moon as well. So we have now toilet paper, menstrual pads, and condoms to take care of all the various liquids and solid products coming out of bodies of loyal fans of the series. What marvellous new merchandise Toei & Naoko are preparing for us next?

Can any mods actually do something about comments like these?
I know that we joke about a lot of subjects, but the language being used here is too disgusting and blatant -not to mention disrespectful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:09 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^i agree with you SILVER Mara did go a little over board there XD

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
SILVER wrote:
I know that we joke about a lot of subjects, but the language being used here is too disgusting and blatant -not to mention disrespectful.

If you are disgusted, then most probably you have problems with Toei and Naoko, not with me. After all, it was their great idea that Sailor Moon brand is appropriate to be put on menstrual pads and condoms. Or you want me to pretend and say that menstrual pads and condoms are used for collecting cute magic unicorns and cotton candy instead of what they actually collect, so that my language is not so "blatant"? :unsure:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:32 pm 
Luna
Luna
SILVER wrote:
Can any mods actually do something about comments like these? I know that we joke about a lot of subjects, but the language being used here is too disgusting and blatant -not to mention disrespectful.

The one who posted the comment is a moderator/administrator and co-owner of this board. The rules don't apply to him since he makes the rules. Then again he did let some other admin cauldron his thread and let Jadeite2 delete the h-forums so he's either a complete pushover or simply doesn't care. So, his comment will probably be removed by an other admin after all. When will you grow a backbone, Mara?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
Maraviollantes wrote:
If you are disgusted, then most probably you have problems with Toei and Naoko, not with me. After all, it was their great idea that Sailor Moon brand is appropriate to be put on menstrual pads and condoms. Or you want me to pretend and say that menstrual pads and condoms are used for collecting cute magic unicorns and cotton candy instead of what they actually collect, so that my language is not so "blatant"? :unsure:

got me there Mara :lol: XD

Attachment:
20171005_164707.jpg
20171005_164707.jpg [ 43.43 KiB | Viewed 865 times ]

^^^we just suffered it XD

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Gunslinger wrote:
Attachment:

Maybe it's not her having many sexual partners, but her only sexual partner? :wink:

Sailor Starlight wrote:
SILVER wrote:
Can any mods actually do something about comments like these? I know that we joke about a lot of subjects, but the language being used here is too disgusting and blatant -not to mention disrespectful.

The one who posted the comment is a moderator/administrator and co-owner of this board. The rules don't apply to him since he makes the rules. Then again he did let some other admin cauldron his thread and let Jadeite2 delete the h-forums so he's either a complete pushover or simply doesn't care. So, his comment will probably be removed by an other admin after all. When will you grow a backbone, Mara?

I think he cauldroned that thread himself?

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:13 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
flockapowpow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Attachment:

You realize Sailor Moon is a fictional character, right? Sorry that you've somehow been conditioned to think sex is gross or somehow wrong, but this is for the greater good of everyone's wellbeing. Also, plenty of chaste people are well aware of STIs??? You don't have to actually have sex to learn about it. In fact, in many cases, having sex is not at all informative of the looming dangers of STIs or how to go about having it safely. Your virginal projection of a fictional character is your own fantasy to have, but there is a real epidemic going on and this is a cause for sake of public health, so get over it.

And in terms of canon, Sailor Moon IS naive, but she’s not an infant. She’s had sex, and if there’s any form of sex ed in Japanese middle schools, do they think she wouldn’t have had it like anyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
flockapowpow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Attachment:

And in terms of canon, Sailor Moon IS naive, but she’s not an infant. She’s had sex, and if there’s any form of sex ed in Japanese middle schools, do they think she wouldn’t have had it like anyone else?

Agreed.

Also to add to the general conversation- Sure, sanitary products aren't deep or special but America has had sanitary products with popular cartoon characters on them before, like diapers. SM is a franchise just like any other cartoon, despite how special it is to us. This campaign is important and meaningful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:23 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I think its cringe-worthy but that's just my opinion I mean to me menstrual pads were fine little girls get periods too and if the packaging can make little kids or even young women happy thats cool but this condom and STI awareness thing just doesn't sit well with me. Mostly because I can't really see a good reason for it. I consider my self very young at heart but what kind of world are we living in where teens/adults need to be babied with lectures by anime character because they cant care for their own genitals properly. I don't know what the demographics for STI's in Japan are maybe the numbers skew on the young but even then I don't think the image of Sailor Moon is really appropriate. At the end of the day my opinion isn't what matters it's Naoko's and clearly, she doesn't mind it but my opinion is even if she is a superhero an anime schoolgirl as young and naive as Usagi isn't the best face for a campaign like this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:57 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Maraviollantes wrote:
What marvellous new merchandise Toei & Naoko are preparing for us next?

Resists the urge to make a joke. :keke:

===

On a serious note, though, Naoko Takeuchi apparently talks about many things openly and does not shy away from "taboo" topics. I believe she wrote a comic about the experience of suffering a miscarriage. I have read somewhere that she has spoken about other things that are considered taboo, as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I think if they had just used Sailor Moon's likeness for the posters it would have been fine; it's putting her picture on the packaging for the condoms that I feel a bit uncomfortable about. They should have used one of her brooches or maybe the Silver Crystal for that instead.

They should do posters/condoms/diaphragms with Uranus and Neptune next to reach out to the LGBT+ community. :P

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
SILVER wrote:

No, your language is disgusting and disrespectful - not to mention that its also inappropriate for younger members who come here.
You don't have to say that people can "cum in Sailor Moon" to get your point across, don't act like an idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:33 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SILVER wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
SILVER wrote:

No, your language is disgusting and disrespectful - not to mention that its also inappropriate for younger members who come here.

@Mara: Where's that meme? :lol:

I think Usagi is befitting for acting as a spokesperson for the Japanese health ministry on this issue, as she's already experienced in sex in the canon story - some other main characters, say, Chibiusa, wouldn't be appropriate here. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I wonder if there is a difference of opinion between manga and anime fans in this. In the old anime I don't really see Usagi as really being a sexual being If I recall its only towards the end of the series that there is one scene even suggesting that Usagi could be ready or thinking about such things but I don't think we are meant to take that seriously.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next