Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon STI Awareness Campaign
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
blondibear_17 wrote:
I think its cringe-worthy but that's just my opinion I mean to me menstrual pads were fine little girls get periods too and if the packaging can make little kids or even young women happy thats cool but this condom and STI awareness thing just doesn't sit well with me. Mostly because I can't really see a good reason for it. I consider my self very young at heart but what kind of world are we living in where teens/adults need to be babied with lectures by anime character because they cant care for their own genitals properly. I don't know what the demographics for STI's in Japan are maybe the numbers skew on the young but even then I don't think the image of Sailor Moon is really appropriate. At the end of the day my opinion isn't what matters it's Naoko's and clearly, she doesn't mind it but my opinion is even if she is a superhero an anime schoolgirl as young and naive as Usagi isn't the best face for a campaign like this.

For context, keep in mind they have cute mascots on pretty much everything in Japan. Might not have the same idea that adult topics and cartoon characters need to be kept separate.

MementoNepenthe wrote:
I think if they had just used Sailor Moon's likeness for the posters it would have been fine; it's putting her picture on the packaging for the condoms that I feel a bit uncomfortable about. They should have used one of her brooches or maybe the Silver Crystal for that instead.

They should do posters/condoms/diaphragms with Uranus and Neptune next to reach out to the LGBT+ community. :P

The Legendary Silver Condom! It can purify the world of all STIs!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:30 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
blondibear_17 wrote:
I wonder if there is a difference of opinion between manga and anime fans in this. In the old anime I don't really see Usagi as really being a sexual being If I recall its only towards the end of the series that there is one scene even suggesting that Usagi could be ready or thinking about such things but I don't think we are meant to take that seriously.

That's possible, but the very existence of Chibiusa has already implied that NQS, her future self, must have already had sexual experience even in the anime. lol

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I am confused, I thought that the target of this campaign were adult females/males. If not why did they choose Sailor Moon? I don't think that teens are familiar with her.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:06 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Thanks for the complete disregard over disgusting word choice, Rika!
I'm so glad to know that I can feel free to comment on how certain "of age" characters can be cream pied :orly:

Its funny how off topic threads get more care in the way that they're handled.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:13 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
The Legendary Silver Condom! It can purify the world of all STIs!

:rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:28 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I am confused, I thought that the target of this campaign were adult females/males. If not why did they choose Sailor Moon? I don't think that teens are familiar with her.

Teenagers are both hormonal and curious creatures. Not to mention resourceful thanks to the interwebs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:08 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SILVER wrote:
Thanks for the complete disregard over disgusting word choice, Rika!
I'm so glad to know that I can feel free to comment on how certain "of age" characters can be cream pied :orly:

Its funny how off topic threads get more care in the way that they're handled.

Maybe Mara would cauldron his own posts if he feels like to? (I've actually done that myself in the past. lol )

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:16 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
well anyways if it's an official endorsement to these products such as condoms and menstrual pads it's ok to mention them
but maybe mark the thread as NSFW or something so younger members don't have to see if that's your concern

either way if things get out of hand I will lock or cauldron depending on what action is needed at the moment

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:23 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Prince Rose wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Maybe Mara would cauldron his own posts if he feels like to? (I've actually done that myself in the past. lol )

or I could just cauldron it now P-:

If so, I'd suggest cauldroning this whole thread instead of just individual posts on it, since I've already smelled that the thread might head into a storm in due course. :P

consider this thread blamed by chiba

I locked it instead so that others know the buck stops when I come over :o

Attachments:
4627648841411618402.jpg
4627648841411618402.jpg [ 55.67 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Prince Rose wrote:
well anyways if it's an official endorsement to these products such as condoms and menstrual pads it's ok to mention them
but maybe mark the thread as NSFW or something so younger members don't have to see if that's your concern

Perhaps just mark it as "DISGUSTING"? :lol:

My J-pop corner

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2