It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ideas for a 90's anime sequel
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
This thread is for discussing possible ideas should there be a sequel for the 90's anime.

Post subject: Re: Ideas for a 90's anime sequel
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Hmm...hard to think of one.

There ARE some filler things I'd like to see revisited, like Ryo Urawa and Ami.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:52 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sailor Haumea wrote:

I'd love to see more Ami/Ryo as well, Sailor Haumea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:32 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
First of all I think you could adapt some series from the manga and games that were non canon that could be adapted to the 90s anime. First of all you could do a Codename Sailor V adaptation in the 90s anime canon taking place a year before the events of Classic. Then you could do an OVA sequel showing Sailor V's battles with the Dark Kingdom and even do an expanded version of the London part of Sailor V's adventures. Besides that you could also do a series in between the Makaiju and Black Moon Clan arc based off of the Sailor Moon PC Engine game. You could also do a series in between S and SuperS based off Sailor Moon Another Story except fixed to be more canon to the 90s. You could also adapt some of the original Sera Myu stories like the Kaguya Island arc, the Dracul arc and the Dark Sirius arc among other things. I would especially like of they expanded on Sailor Astarte's storyline. After that then maybe you could do original works like maybe showing the Senshi becoming adults and how Crystal Tokyo was founded. It would especially be neat to see what villain caused the ice age that Sailor Moon was able to dispel.

Sailor Haumea wrote:

Yes I think that Ryo should definitely be who Ami get's with romantically in the 90s series. I also think that Rei should get with Yuuichirou, Makoto should get with Asanuma and Minako should get with Phantom Ace.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:34 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:
First of all I think you could adapt some series from the manga and games that were non canon that could be adapted to the 90s anime. First of all you could do a Codename Sailor V adaptation in the 90s anime canon taking place a year before the events of Classic. Then you could do an OVA sequel showing Sailor V's battles with the Dark Kingdom and even do an expanded version of the London part of Sailor V's adventures. Besides that you could also do a series in between the Makaiju and Black Moon Clan arc based off of the Sailor Moon PC Engine game. You could also do a series in between S and SuperS based off Sailor Moon Another Story except fixed to be more canon to the 90s. You could also adapt some of the original Sera Myu stories like the Kaguya Island arc, the Dracul arc and the Dark Sirius arc among other things. I would especially like of they expanded on Sailor Astarte's storyline. After that then maybe you could do original works like maybe showing the Senshi becoming adults and how Crystal Tokyo was founded. It would especially be neat to see what villain caused the ice age that Sailor Moon was able to dispel.

Another Story isn't non-canon. It's explicitly right after S ends.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Haumea wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Another Story isn't non-canon. It's explicitly right after S ends.

Another Story is non canon. For one it references manga events that were not shown in the 90s like the Taioron Crystal. According to Another Story they combined Professor Tomoe's manga and 90s anime storyline by having him be truly good and possessed but dying like in the manga. When in the 90s anime he was shown to be good but possessed but lived in the end where as in the manga he was evil on his own accord and die. He was even shown alive in Sailor Stars with Hotaru befoe Setsuna takes her. There is also some stupid stuff like the Ayakashi Sisters being turned evil and the Senshi not even trying to heal them again which makes no sense. Also in Another Story they had that Mamoru's Sailor Crystal is the Rose Crystal where as in the 90s, manga and all other canons his Crystal is the Golden Crystal. Mamoru is in possession of the Shitennou's gems when in the 90s anime he never was.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:53 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
At this point, any fanfic available on the Internet is significantly better than anything TOEI decides to come up with. :neutral: :yawn: :sick: :dead:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:54 am 
Stella
Stella
Clow wrote:
At this point, any fanfic available on the Internet is significantly better than anything TOEI decides to come up with. :neutral: :yawn: :sick: :dead:

Sadly this is probably true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
I also think an adaptation of Another Story would be the best for an anime sequel. I'd also love to see a spin off series about Sailor Chibi Moon and the Sailor Quartet having their own adventures. I think there's a lot they could explore with the Sailor Wars as well especially with all the new Sailor Guardians Naoko introduced in the final arc but we didn't get to see much of. I'd especially love to see more about Sailor Phobos and Deimos and more about Luna and Artemis' home planet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:25 am 
Stella
Stella
Neon Genesis wrote:
I also think an adaptation of Another Story would be the best for an anime sequel. I'd also love to see a spin off series about Sailor Chibi Moon and the Sailor Quartet having their own adventures. I think there's a lot they could explore with the Sailor Wars as well especially with all the new Sailor Guardians Naoko introduced in the final arc but we didn't get to see much of. I'd especially love to see more about Sailor Phobos and Deimos and more about Luna and Artemis' home planet.

I would love it if Phobos and Deimos's human forms were included in a sequel and I would also love if Phobos and Deimos were given Senshi forms as Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos and became Sailor Mars's Guardian Senshi. After all they did have Sailor Crystals in the manga and were said to be Senshi in training.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:43 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I had lots of potential sequels ideas when I was a kid. Most of them were probably very childish, naïve and stupid, but I guess I could post at least some of them :)

How about mini-series similar to Makaiju ark or Nehelenia’s Revenge that makes things clean between dr. Tomoe and the Outers. After all, unlike manga he did survive in anime but lost his memory thus Setsuna basically just took advantage on him and kidnapped Hotaru without any consequences. So I think this situation should be settled one way or another. My original idea was make dr. Tomoe keep in touch once again with some evil force that messes with his minds and makes him think it’s all Senshi’s fault. He creates the machine that somehow switches powers between the guardians and thus makes them less effective in battle and sends daimons to distract them while he’s kidnapping Hotaru. At the end Hotaru loose her power as the sailor guardian, regains her original age and stays with her father while this evil force goes to the step two of its plan.

My second idea was a mini-series that somehow makes Usagi lost most of her powers and turns her into «regular» Super Sailor Moon, similar to other guardians’ super forms. At the end Usagi fully recovers her powers and other senshi get the eternal upgrade.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:11 am 
Stella
Stella
Well Death Buster Setsuna did not kidnap Hotaru she just took her so she could train her. In my fanfic though Hotaru moves back in with her father at the end of Stars and Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna all move in with Souichi and Hotaru. The three women help Souichi in raising Hotaru. I actually had the idea for Setsuna and Professor Tomoe to fall in love and for Setsuna to become Hotaru's stepmom.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Quote:
Well Death Buster Setsuna did not kidnap Hotaru she just took her so she could train her.

Yes, but as it seems to me doc not quite realized what’s happening and no one asked Hotaru’s opinion since she was way too young. So, from a certain point of view this could be considered as kidnapping. Sort of. But this is the subject for another topic. :tongue:

Quote:
In my fanfic though Hotaru moves back in with her father at the end of Stars and Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna all move in with Souichi and Hotaru. The three women help Souichi in raising Hotaru. I actually had the idea for Setsuna and Professor Tomoe to fall in love and for Setsuna to become Hotaru's stepmom

Yeah, you mentioned this in some of the previous threads. :)

Now, back to the subject. After watching Wedding Peach, I suddenly wished to see a crossover between these shows, similar to one between The Simpsons and Futurama or The Simpsons and Family Guy. But I guess WP should’ve been way more popular for this to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I liked a lot of the ideas in Four King Hell. Wish that was still updating...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:06 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There's lots of stuff from the manga that they could use: human forms for the animals, the Shittenou backstory, Sailor Cosmos, Mnemosyne and Lethe, Asanuma, Kotono, Rei's father, Phantom Ace, Usagi and Mamoru's wedding...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'd want to see the Ayakashi Sisters come back, see the Amazones Quartet become Sailor Soldiers, get closure for Urawa/Ami and Yuuchiro/Rei, perhaps see Mako and Minako get love interests, and get to see lots of Naru, Umino, and Motoki to make up for their virtual absence during S thru Sailor Stars.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:37 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Well personally, I've always been really interested in expanding upon what happens after Stars, but I think with the Classic format, we would need like...four or five seasons to cover all of that considering the amount of time that passes before Usagi becomes NQS. What happens between the end of Stars and her ascension to the throne? What about the unspecified disaster that causes the Earth to freeze over and prompts her to take the throne?

I think it would be really coo if we had something like a combination of Crystal/Classic's formula- less filler than Classic, more filler than Crystal, and at the start of each season, we get a flashback from the Stars finale that shows more and more of the ''Light of Hope'', eventually showing Sailor Cosmos in full detail (with some detail changes, for example Queen Serenity has blonde hair in the anime so I think Cosmos should as well, and maybe round odangos since I personally think she's Usagi's form after NQS), and-like in Stars- these are all visions from Hotaru, and then she wakes up (then cut to the opening theme).

Or we could completely nix the Light of Hope idea because it's supposed to be Galaxia's starseed (though there's definitely a way to connect it to Usagi- perhaps it manifested itself as Cosmos to bring Usagi some kind of ''the power is inside of yourself'' moment or something) and still have the Hotaru visions, or maybe even NQS is the one experiencing them in the future instead, and they keep occurring up until the Chaos Battle and she actually gains her Cosmos form.

They could split episodes between the future and present time, showing Chibiusa's progression as a Sailor Senshi and perhaps even the reincarnation/awakening of the Asteroid Senshi, as well as small hints at a coming threat (which would eventually Prompt NQS' transformation into Cosmos, and like with her Super/ Eternal forms, she needs the help of the other Senshi or an artifact similar in function to the Holy Grail to temporarily acquire this form before permanently retaining it along with her Queen ''civilian form'), maybe some interaction between the royal family and Elysion. All while this is happening we're also exploring whatever causes the ice age (perhaps a new villain or some kind of issue with the Galaxy Cauldron) in present time, until the present catches up to the future and we get a final season exploring Cosmos and Chaos in the caught-up Future timeline. So basically the sequel seasons would bring the Anime to a similar place as the manga, then expand beyond it. The episodes could alternate between present and future (or maybe every third episode being future), which would leave viewers with a lot of suspense.

I probably missed a bunch of details but I'm not a Classic expert despite watching it several times.

And keep the Classic art style, preferably Super S since they looked the best in that season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:22 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Serena-Hime wrote:
Well personally, I've always been really interested in expanding upon what happens after Stars, but I think with the Classic format, we would need like...four or five seasons to cover all of that considering the amount of time that passes before Usagi becomes NQS. What happens between the end of Stars and her ascension to the throne? What about the unspecified disaster that causes the Earth to freeze over and prompts her to take the throne?

I think it would be really coo if we had something like a combination of Crystal/Classic's formula- less filler than Classic, more filler than Crystal, and at the start of each season, we get a flashback from the Stars finale that shows more and more of the ''Light of Hope'', eventually showing Sailor Cosmos in full detail (with some detail changes, for example Queen Serenity has blonde hair in the anime so I think Cosmos should as well, and maybe round odangos since I personally think she's Usagi's form after NQS), and-like in Stars- these are all visions from Hotaru, and then she wakes up (then cut to the opening theme).

Or we could completely nix the Light of Hope idea because it's supposed to be Galaxia's starseed (though there's definitely a way to connect it to Usagi- perhaps it manifested itself as Cosmos to bring Usagi some kind of ''the power is inside of yourself'' moment or something) and still have the Hotaru visions, or maybe even NQS is the one experiencing them in the future instead, and they keep occurring up until the Chaos Battle and she actually gains her Cosmos form.

They could split episodes between the future and present time, showing Chibiusa's progression as a Sailor Senshi and perhaps even the reincarnation/awakening of the Asteroid Senshi, as well as small hints at a coming threat (which would eventually Prompt NQS' transformation into Cosmos, and like with her Super/ Eternal forms, she needs the help of the other Senshi or an artifact similar in function to the Holy Grail to temporarily acquire this form before permanently retaining it along with her Queen ''civilian form'), maybe some interaction between the royal family and Elysion. All while this is happening we're also exploring whatever causes the ice age (perhaps a new villain or some kind of issue with the Galaxy Cauldron) in present time, until the present catches up to the future and we get a final season exploring Cosmos and Chaos in the caught-up Future timeline. So basically the sequel seasons would bring the Anime to a similar place as the manga, then expand beyond it. The episodes could alternate between present and future (or maybe every third episode being future), which would leave viewers with a lot of suspense.

I probably missed a bunch of details but I'm not a Classic expert despite watching it several times.

And keep the Classic art style, preferably Super S since they looked the best in that season.

I love your suggestions. They seem like great ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Other: Married To NQS!
FloraKiraraHime wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:

I'd love to see more Ami/Ryo as well, Sailor Haumea.

i would too besides Mamoru x Usagi they're my favorite ship :happy: :love:

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:48 am 
Stella
Stella
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I'd want to see the Ayakashi Sisters come back, see the Amazones Quartet become Sailor Soldiers, get closure for Urawa/Ami and Yuuchiro/Rei, perhaps see Mako and Minako get love interests, and get to see lots of Naru, Umino, and Motoki to make up for their virtual absence during S thru Sailor Stars.

I would like to see this as well and would definitely like for the Amazones Quartet to become Senshi.

Serena-Hime wrote:

I would add in the 90s anime the Light of Hope is not Sailor Cosmos. Naoko Takeuchi stated that Sailor Cosmos didn't appear in the 90s anime. The form that Chibi Chibi took was an homage and a red herring but was not Sailor Cosmos.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MariaTenebre wrote:

I would add in the 90s anime the Light of Hope is not Sailor Cosmos. Naoko Takeuchi stated that Sailor Cosmos didn't appear in the 90s anime. The form that Chibi Chibi took was an homage and a red herring but was not Sailor Cosmos.

I know that, but that could easily be changed- just like how some TV shows will just show a shadow or an outline of a mysterious character/villain, say ''it's not ____'' but as ideas and storylines evolve, they end up being one of the characters that they didn't intend for it to be. A lot of shows do this (PLL comes up at the top of my head, they did it several times), so SM certainly could. They didn't intend it to be, but they could make it into something that wasn't originally planned as the story develops! :)

Personally I would prefer for a new vision of Cosmos, experienced by NQS in the future but the 'Light of Hope'' moment was very mysterious and would be a fun moment to feature and expand on, and it serves as a connection to the end of Stars for the sequel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:19 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
This might be my opinion, but having Super Eternal Sailor Moon would be nice. And also it would be nice if there's a sequel about Artemis and Sailor Snow Yuki/Huyu Kinuka(my fan made sailor scout, and also the princess of winter)'s love (sorry for Luna fan). And I hope there's a sequels about the daily stuffs about Minako, Artemis(with human form), Kinuka, Hotaru, and Setsuna, Haruka, and Michiru.
And as for the final sequel, making a villain which is a dark side of Princess Serenity + Sailor Moon would be great. (She would have dark Inner scouts as companions for sure)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
codename sailor v, the official series. more of a prequel but eh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:19 am 
Stella
Stella
CodenameSailorV wrote:
codename sailor v, the official series. more of a prequel but eh

All my yes. They could do a Codename Sailor V tv series which is adapted to the 90s from the manga and takes place a year before Classic where Sailor V fights the Dark Agency. Then after that they could maybe do an OVA Codename Sailor V series that takes place during Classic and depicts Sailor V's battles against the Dark Agency and will also include the London story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
I've described at length my own ideas for a 52-episode Season 6, a Season 6 movie, a 10-part OVA series, a Sailor Stars movie, and a Season 7 for the 90's anime, all over in the Fanfiction Ideas thread. If anyone here hasn't read those ideas I've cooked up in that thread, check out every post I wrote there on Pages 1-3 and 5-6 (I made no posts on Page 4).

Though, note that some of the ideas written on Pages 5-6 modified or overrode a few of the earlier ideas I wrote on Pages 1-3. And my posts on Pages 5-6 are really really LONG.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 am 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:
I've described at length my own ideas for a 52-episode Season 6, a Season 6 movie, a 10-part OVA series, a Sailor Stars movie, and a Season 7 for the 90's anime, all over in the Fanfiction Ideas thread. If anyone here hasn't read those ideas I've cooked up in that thread, check out every post I wrote there on Pages 1-3 and 5-6 (I made no posts on Page 4).

Though, note that some of the ideas written on Pages 5-6 modified or overrode a few of the earlier ideas I wrote on Pages 1-3. And my posts on Pages 5-6 are really really LONG.

Yes Sabrblade I thought your ideas were simply amazing. You had some very cool and original ideas that I definitely loved. Your stories would make an excellent continuation of the series.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:41 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
@MariaTenebre: I love Sabrblade's ideas, too. They definitely are great ideas!