* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Licensor explains why the SM brand is hard to work with
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:28 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Sure, but that doesn't mean Brazilians don't understand mainland Portuguese. My parents are Portuguese and my godparents are Brazilian and they never had any trouble talking to each other in their respective dialects. I understand that Brazilian SM fans would prefer to have their own dub, but if it would help lower prices, maybe they could tolerate sharing the one dub? Or, conversely, perhaps Toei should have just let Brazil dub Crystal (and re-dub the 90s anime) and then export that to Portugal rather than let Portugal do its own dub, especially if there's a history of Portugal airing Brazilian-dubbed content?

Well, as you said, it's history. The portuguese market no longer does this.
And actually, brazilian fans can't stand their own R-Stars dub and are eager for these seasons to be redubbed with the Classic cast. They would have a breakdown if they got the portuguese dub with seven actors doing the whole thing :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Maraviollantes wrote:
Clow wrote:
My impression is that Naoko wants the manga and the DVDs to feel like luxurious products. People in Latin America are poor and they are going to pirate anime and manga titles, even if official releases are available, so my impression is that Naoko wants to lure people into buying something that is not available through illegal torrents. How do you do that? By providing fans with a luxurious experience.

Will that business model work? Only a privileged few will be able to buy those products, I guess, and the products will flop much like they did in Mexico because they were allegedly overpriced.

We all know Naoko gets a lot of stress from hard daily work, and we all know that she has only one way to relieve her stress. If those Brazilian fans can't afford to buy at least a couple new Ferraris for Naoko, they aren't worthy to be called true fans. What a bunch of ungrateful fans this fandom is made of. :zoid:

LMAO! I've been waiting for someone to say this!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
MementoNepenthe wrote:
Sure, but that doesn't mean Brazilians don't understand mainland Portuguese. My parents are Portuguese and my godparents are Brazilian and they never had any trouble talking to each other in their respective dialects. I understand that Brazilian SM fans would prefer to have their own dub, but if it would help lower prices, maybe they could tolerate sharing the one dub? Or, conversely, perhaps Toei should have just let Brazil dub Crystal (and re-dub the 90s anime) and then export that to Portugal rather than let Portugal do its own dub, especially if there's a history of Portugal airing Brazilian-dubbed content?

I am used to Brazilian Portuguese. My best friend is from Portugal and sometimes I struggle to understand her accent. Same thing with people who speak Castilian Spanish.

And if you are suggesting that Brazilians should import the DVDs from Portugal, that is not going to happen... too expensive for the average Brazilian. Moreover, Brazil is going through a tough economic crisis, recession right now.

In any event, as Mara summarized, we all know that all problems stem from one thing:

These entitled, selfish Brazilian "fans" want "Sailor Moon" DVDs without giving absolutely nothing in return; they just complain and complain and suck the joy out of someone else's life. They should be happy with what they have and just quit whining and complaining. :o