* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: [US] Sailor Moon SuperS Viz Blu-ray/DVD sets
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:27 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

In stores April 10th.

Blu-ray/DVD w/Gift with Purchase: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-M ... lu-ray-DVD

(Regular Edition & DVD-only links coming soon)

Quote:
contains episodes 128-146

Special Features: To Be Determined

Announced at Anime NYC earlier today and we'll probably get more details on the set in the next few days...or weeks...or months... ^_^'

EDIT: Confirmed by two people on Twitter, the SuperS TV special will be included.

^From Viz's SuperS poster

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [US] Sailor Moon SuperS Viz Blu-ray/DVD sets
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:07 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Boring cover again, but I like the colors!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
Boring cover again, but I like the colors!

The sad thing is green is my favorite color and it makes me wish that was used for S instead. :neutral:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Whoever guessed green for this season's color scene was right! Which means they are indeed going by the rainbow color gradient, which means Stars will be blue or purple. I'm actually pretty happy with this shade of green.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:51 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
YYYYYYYES!! They pronounced "SuperS" correctly as "Supers" and not "Super Ess"! :dance:

And the TV special is included in the episode set! WAHOO! :circles:

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 am 
Your friendly neighborhood Suburban Senshi
Your friendly neighborhood Suburban Senshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Class: Demon Lord
Sabrblade wrote:
YYYYYYYES!! They pronounced "SuperS" correctly as "Supers" and not "Super Ess"! :dance:

But that font clearly says Super S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
when I first saw the announcement I thought it said sailor stars for some reason and got so excited... :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pleasantly surprised the TV special is being included. Can't wait to hear it dubbed! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Time Sage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

There is no space between the "r" and the "S" in the Japanese logo.

It says, and has always said, "SuperS", with the little Katakana written above it in the title card having always said スーパーズ ("sūpāzu")

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
^It's also in the original broadcast version.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Time Sage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

It says SuperS the capitalized S at the end is a stylistic choice but it’s mean to be plural like Supers in reference to all the inners going Super. As opposed to S which stood for Super where it was just Sailor Moon

But that reminds me when I thought SuperS stood for Super Super because of Toonami prouncing it Super S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There's a clip here from the new dub.

Aside from the complete WTF that is "Fish's Eye", all their voices sound really good. Whoever voices Fisheye is really good at emulating Akira Ishida's tone. I think I still prefer their CWI voices.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I'm definitely preferring the Viz VAs, especially for Zirconia and Fisheye. I love how Fisheye's dub voice reminds me of Kuranosuke's from the Princess Jellyfish dub. :love:

They also uploaded a clip of the Uranus/Neptune special dubbed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Bb58MtJNo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I can't believe they're using "Fish's Eye." I know that's what the (current) manga translation used, but it's so clearly wrong (and hopefully something the Eternal Editions will correct) that I just...can't. I hope for the sake of everyone who watches the Viz dub that this gets changed before release the way "And in the name of the moon, you'll be punished!" got changed.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:34 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I can't believe they're using "Fish's Eye." I know that's what the (current) manga translation used, but it's so clearly wrong (and hopefully something the Eternal Editions will correct) that I just...can't. I hope for the sake of everyone who watches the Viz dub that this gets changed before release the way "And in the name of the moon, you'll be punished!" got changed.
Yeah, as much as I like the Viz dub, it is so irksome when the Viz dubbers think they're "fixing a mistake" or "doing it the RIGHT way" or whatever one wants to call it whenever the dubbers start with what the Japanese version used as a base but then just do something to make it wrong, seemingly on purpose.

They did this with "Esmeraulde" instead of "Esmeraude", saying "Berthier" as "Ber-thee-er" instead of "Ber-tee-ay", saying Prince Demand's name as the English word "demand" instead of as "Deh-mahnd", changing Shinozaki's name to "Kenji", mistranslating Mr. Kunitachi's name as "Mr. Kokuritsu", debatably using "Daemon" instead of "Daimon" (this one doesn't bother me as much)...

It makes me worried as to how they'll pronounce "Lemures" in the Viz dub. It's supposed to be like "lem-ress", so here's hoping.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:08 am 
Luna
Luna
MementoNepenthe wrote:

In some ways, I'll be annoyed if the Eternal Editions do correct them even if I do want them corrected. That means there was no point to the previous translation other then make the Viz dub awkward. That black stain is it's lasting legacy so we can't just forget about it.

Doesn't translating it as "Fish's Eye" make it an extra syllable then it would have been? They're going to have say it faster then they would have otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:37 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Sabrblade wrote:
changing Shinozaki's name to "Kenji"

Which was previously used in both DiC ("Ken") & Mexican dubs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Even though SuperS isn't one of my all time favorite seasons, I always regretted that I didn't buy the original Pioneer DVDs, so I'm not missing out on my chance to finally own this season this time. I'll be glad to finally own a complete collection of the anime and I can't wait to hear the dub.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova

Just watched the full panel and other than what was already confirmed about the TV special, Erica Mendez confirmed (at 1:18:37 and also on Twitter) that she's one of the script writers for this season and wrote for episodes 132, 134, 136, 138, 140, 142, 145, 146 and the special.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
It's neat she got to write the SuperS special, since it means she got to act out part of what she wrote. Too bad she didn't get to do 129 as well, so she could have done the same with Reika's focus episode.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:01 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Why is there only one special being released? What about Chibiusa's Vampire Diary and Ami's First Love? Then there's also, 'A Magnificent Transformation? Crybaby Usagi's Growth Diary.' Are they going to be in box 2 or something?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:07 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Swan Cat wrote:
Why is there only one special being released? What about Chibiusa's Vampire Diary and Ami's First Love? Then there's also, 'A Magnificent Transformation? Crybaby Usagi's Growth Diary.' Are they going to be in box 2 or something?
The growth diary, the Uranus/Neptune one, and the vampire one are all one TV special.

Ami's First Love is attached to the SuperS movie.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:53 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
It's neat she got to write the SuperS special, since it means she got to act out part of what she wrote. Too bad she didn't get to do 129 as well, so she could have done the same with Reika's focus episode.
I'm glad to see Erica Mendez still being involved with the dub somehow even though she doesn't have as many speaking roles for SuperS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Neon Genesis wrote:
I'm glad to see Erica Mendez still being involved with the dub somehow even though she doesn't have as many speaking roles for SuperS.

Maybe they'll let her voice some of the character/monsters-of-the-day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
The Blizzard Prince wrote:
Maybe they'll let her voice some of the character/monsters-of-the-day.
Did they reveal who the voice actors for Tigerseye and Hawkseye are yet?