* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sera Myu Returns to Paris for Japonism 2018
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:19 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://sailormoon-official.com/information/japonismes2018.php

Quote:
2018年、「美少女戦士セーラームーン」を歌×ダンス×映像ギミックで魅せる、新たなパフォーマンスショーが誕生します!
「美少女戦士セーラームーン」は1993年に初めてミュージカル化され、2013年「美少女戦士セーラームーン20周年プロジェクト」の一環として8年ぶりに、出演者が全て女性という新しい試みのもとに新作を上演しました。2014年夏の公演に続き、2015年1月にはミュージカル「美少女戦士セーラームーン」史上初の中国・上海公演を開催し、現地でも大好評を博しました。今ではミュージカルを観るために多くの外国人も日本に訪れる、2.5次元ミュージカルを代表するビックタイトルとなっています。2017年にはアメリカ・ヒューストンでのアニメマツリにてショーを行い、1万人を動員。現在も「美少女戦士セーラームーン25周年プロジェクト」としてさまざまな企画が進行しています。
そして、2018年。日仏友好160周年を迎えるこの年、フランス・パリで行われる大型日本文化紹介企画"ジャポニスム2018"への参加が決定しました! 世界中で愛される原作の魅力を活かした、今までとは異なる新たなパフォーマンスショーを上演します。日本のポップカルチャーの1つとして取り上げられる「美少女戦士セーラームーン」に、ぜひご期待ください!
★ジャポニスム2018
http://www.jpf.go.jp/j/about/area/japonismes/index.html

Via GoogleTranslate (Edited by me as much as possible for readability):

Quote:
In 2018, a new "Sailor Moon" performance show will be born, a song / dance × video gimmick!

"Sailor Moon" was first made into a musical in 1993, and after an 8 year hiatus, as part of the "Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Project" in 2013, a new musical was performed with an all-female cast. Following the summer performance in 2014, in January 2015 the first Chinese performance of the "Sailor Moon" musical was held in Shanghai, and the "Sailor Moon" musicals gained great popularity in the field. Today, many foreigners also visit Japan to watch the musicals, which are a big title representing 2.5 dimensional musicals. In 2017, a show was performed at Anime Matsuri in Houston, USA and was attended by 10,000 people. Even now, various projects are proceeding as part of the "Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon 25th Anniversary Project."

And in 2018: This year marks the 160th anniversary of Friendship between Japan and France, so a decision was made to participate in the large Japanese culture event, "Japonism 2018," held in Paris, France! We will perform a new performance show that makes use of the charm of the original loved by people all over the world. Please look forward to "Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon" which is taken up as one of Japanese pop culture!

As you may recall, when "Petite Etrangere" came out, the cast traveled to Paris to perform a few songs at Japan Expo. It sounds like "Sera Myu" is returning to Paris for a performance at Japonism 2018. Whether they'll be performing just a few songs, doing a new/truncated show like at Anime Matsuri, or performing a full musical is a bit unclear, but I'm excited to hear that things are still being done with the musicals. Hopefully this means they will follow through with bringing "Le Mouvement Final" to the States for performances (in whatever capacity). Also hoping this bodes well for the musicals getting licensed (for performances and/or home video) outside of Japan, and perhaps for more musicals to be made after all.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

Last edited by MementoNepenthe on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sera Myu Returns to Paris for Japonism 2018
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
If Jean Michel Jarre does any musical work for this I'll die. :lol: :love:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
It makes me happy to see them still promoting Seramyu even if they're not going to make any more. I feel like the new Seramyu has been a much more successful reboot than Crystal has.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
I feel like the new Seramyu has been a much more successful reboot than Crystal has.

Same here - a bit regrettably so, tho. *sigh*

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Neon Genesis wrote:
I feel like the new Seramyu has been a much more successful reboot than Crystal has.

Sadly, I think so too. *long, heavy sighs*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
It's telling they finished up the Stars musical right on schedule and are even doing heavy overseas promotion for Seramyu but still haven't even revealed a final release date for season four of Crystal and just seem to be trying to pretend like Crystal doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:57 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
It's telling they finished up the Stars musical right on schedule and are even doing heavy overseas promotion for Seramyu but still haven't even revealed a final release date for season four of Crystal and just seem to be trying to pretend like Crystal doesn't exist.

Toei Animation is less involved in SeraMyu in its current form.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:09 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
CR85747 wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Toei Animation is less involved in SeraMyu in its current form.

And it's also not the 1st time Toei pretends like that lol - remember the wait before S1 was finally released? :wink:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
There was also a long delay before season three came out where we barely had any new info for like a year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Interesting development. It seems we don't have a date yet? It looks like this festival goes on from June 2018 to February 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Neon Genesis wrote:
There was also a long delay before season three came out where we barely had any new info for like a year.

Right, that too, so we should've already been accustomed to that Toei practice regarding Crystal. lol

My J-pop corner