* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Opinions on "Fillers" in the Anime
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:51 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
I like filler episodes. Well, I like a lot of filler episodes. I know there are some who crave plots and action, but I'm quite the opposite... if I was to list my top ten episodes of Sailor Moon, you would most likely find no season finales, no character deaths and no shocking revelations. What you would find would be a list of (mostly comedic) filler episodes.

I've often wondered why this is the case, and I think it comes down to this: more than anything else, I enjoy spending time in the company of the characters. I enjoy their quirks and their bickering, and there's generally very little of that once the plot kicks in. Villains also sudddenly become a lot less silly and lovable, and also have a habit of dying around these times... I'll admit Eudial's death was pretty funny, and Zoisite's was unintentionally funny, but usually I don't like to see villains die unless it's someone utterly bland like Rubeus.

But this thread isn't about me justifying my filler addiction. Fellow fillerphiles, what are your favourite examples of Sailor Moon filler? I have too many to list, but I'll start with one I just watched: Holiday in Juuban! A Carefree Princess. That's the one with the slightly unhinged Princess Di lookalike running around the Juuban summer festival, bothering Usagi and Chibiusa with her weirdness and causing Hawk's Eye to be beaten up by a hardened criminal moonlighting as a balloon seller. The battle scene was a work of genius too: the bizarre Lemures going on and on about her family, Tuxedo Kamen's rose being crushed before he can do his speech, and Hawk's Eye trying to squeeze an elephant through his portal (you can make up yoour own jokes for that one).

So, that's my filler of the moment. How about yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:17 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 27 months ago
inactive
Could you possibly list which episodes were fillers? I have never read the manga.

Would the Super S Special of the vampire episode be counted as a filler? Loved how at the end of the episode the sailor soldiers breath garlic in to the vampire and how Chibi Mamoru stated that he did not want his hard earned cash to go to waste.

Post subject: Re: Fun with filler
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:49 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 56 months ago
inactive
dooky wrote:
...I don't like to see villains die unless it's someone utterly bland like Rubeus.
I liked watching Rubeus die, not because I didn't like him, but because his death was just great.

Anyways, here's what I like:

Nightmare in Dreamland, where Usagi, Ami, and Rei are at the theme park. I love how, of all places, Usagi runs into Mamoru on the kiddie train. You gotta ask yourself: "wtf is he doing there?!" Also, the Dream Princess (Murid) was ☹'n.

Luna's Worst Day Ever is also a classic. There are so many great things I love about that ep... Luna being randomly chased by a mob of cats, the fish bone being tossed a'la Tuxedo Mask, and Zoicite in the tunnel of mice.

Act 5 of PGSM was also really good. That's the one where we see what life is like for Ami, and we see her trying hard to be Usagi's friend and change herself. It was the episode that really made me start to like Ami.

Act 7 where Usagi/Motoki, Makoto/Mamoru, and Rei/Hiccup guy are at the fair. This might not be filler since Mamoru finds out that Usagi's Sailor Moon, but the episode is mostly goofiness, so yeah...

Act 43, where Mamoru is given one last day with Usagi is really sweet... This too might technically not be considered filler cause it has their first kiss and we find out that it's not Metallia, but Usagi that's f'ing things up. Still, it's just great.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:57 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Mrgrill247 wrote:
Could you possibly list which episodes were fillers? I have never read the manga.

There are far too many to list: basically a filler episode is any episode that doesn't really advance the plot. The vampire special does count as filler, although it was actually based on one of the extra stories from the manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 99 months ago
inactive
I think fillers are good, like taking a break from serious plot-driving episodes.
As I like Ami most, my favorite fillers are Ami-as-main ones, like many SuperS episodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 136 months ago
inactive
I feel the same way, but I do have to admit I got tired of the Ami-centric filler episodes since they were all the same.

Some of my favourite episodes are the comedic fillers too - Nurse Minako in R, Mamoru's English teacher/Drunk Usagi in S, Palla-Palla's Dentist Office in SuperS, and Pie-In-Lap-Seiya in Stars.

I'm just realizing I didn't select an episode from Classic, but now that I think about it, the filler episodes were not all that comedic compared to the later seasons.

A lot of people complain about the sheer number of filler episodes in Sailormoon, but as a result we got some of the most thoroughly characterized anime characters. I'd much rather sacrifice a fast-moving plot for characterization anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
The BEST one is in the S season where Serena, Rini, Amara and Michelle visit the tea master's house. That whole episode was hillarious, from that boy flashing Rini, to Serena being stuck in the fence, to Mini Moon's attack not working... pure comedy!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:32 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Always loved the filler episode. It's what made the series capable of having a good paced episode every week instead of drag on balling it through the series by taking the manga story and just stretching it wit no new content to be seen.

I think the firt season was strongest with it's filler, mostly in the early episodes.

Though if I did list my top episodes they would likely all be finales and character deaths. But it's because of that filler that they are as good as they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:45 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Generally speaking, I feel that the best filler episodes were the ones that spotlighted one of the senshi, since we got to see what they were all about. It gave all of the characters more depth, and the viewer gets to learn what their interests were, how they react to certain situations, and basically what makes them tick. I liked how in the middle of the "plot" episodes, the TV writers would string together a series of episodes that would spotlight one of the characters. It balanced out the serious moments in a series, and we got to see the senshi live their everyday lives in between fighting evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:38 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's hard to say. I don't really enjoy alot of fillers, but Sailor Moon has some pretty good filler episodes.

From the first season, I really like the early fillers. The ones with just Luna and Sailor Moon. Mainly because it reminds me of Cutie Honey. The youma were alot more sinister and ugly much like Panther Claw, which I really like!

The Fortune Teller episode was fun, I really liked Umino and his friends getting brainwashed! The scene of all of them marching together still reminds me of Michael Jackson's Thriller musicvideo. XD

The episode with the youma Ramua controlling time was also amusing. Gotta love Sailor Moon turning into a chid, and then imaging herself as an old woman.

"I am Sailor Moon, the grandmother of justice."

The Moonlight Cruise episode is a real favorite of mine. Mainly because I love Tetis. :o

The Rainbow Crystals episodes were lots of fun, although they aren't really fillers.

I liked the Nurse Venus and Artemis' "Dog Day" episodes in Sailor Moon R. Most of Emersuade's episodes were fun. Sailor Moon S had lots of fun fillers. Minako thinking about quiting being a Sailor Senshi (gotta love Asai!), Tamosaboru and the Tea Party, and of course Mimette overloading the Daimon oven and U-Ikasaman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:57 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 56 months ago
inactive
I really like the SM fillers ^^ They're really funny! Bout I suppose my favorite fillers are all in Sailor Stars...

By far, my favorite filler is that episode when Usagi had to take take of her house. Seiya comes to accompany her, the girls come to watch over them, Haruka and Michiru come because Haruka's car failed, a bunch of guys come (I don't remember why xD), Siren and Crow arrives...

You know the rest xD It's absolutely hilarious! ^^

Another one I really like is the Seiya & Usagi date episode. I almost died laughing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 129 months ago
inactive
I like Fillers, they give sort of a relife(SP?) to everything. I haven't seen many fillers that I can think of, but I'm trying to draw one. At my library, we're doing a play for the little kids called the 'Musicians of Brenman town' And, I think it'll be kindof funny for the SM characters to do that. I'll post it when I finish. Darn! I had just thought of a filler I had seen but then I had lost it. One that's sort of filler-ish is in the Doom Tree Series, it's called Detention Doldrums in english. Usagi and Ann(I'm not sure about her Japanese name) get detention, and then they compete for who get's Mamoru. It's pretty funny.

Post subject: Opinions on "Fillers" in the Anime
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:41 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 15 months ago
inactive
It's something I've wanted to rant about for some time already.

It's no secret Sailor Moon fans, in general, often cite "fillers" as their least favorite episodes, and the primary reason to dislike some series more than others, as well as the very reason why plot seems lame and repetitive every now and then. Well, so I wanted to discuss the function of "fillers" in the anime and how they are useful or useless, why they are annoying to some of you, and when they do make sense, etc.

So here's my opinion on the subject:

Personally, I don't mind fillers at all. Some of my favorite episodes are fillers. The Classic series re-watch we've started recently reminded me of how much I like those :ami: x :usagi: x :rei: episodes. I think that overal fillers play an important role in the whole series and reducing them to a minimum or zero would be harmful both for the story unfolding later in more complex episodes and for the entertainment watching anime gives us.

I don't think fillers deprive the anime of character development or do not contribute to it. They all constitute a showcase of the girls' characters, their teenage life struggles & problems, and allow us to get to know them better which, let me tell you, is absolutely critical to understanding the final episodes. We've had an example of a "fan" skipping all "fillers" on intention and then being completely incapable of understanding the complexity of episodes 198-200 - for sure - you won't get anything without knowing all the niuances about the girls, their views, biographies, and their mutual relations.

The argument that "fillers" are just boring is difficult to argue, of course, I'm not going to convince anyone. My personal opinion isn't as harsh, because I think it's thanks to fillers we get a couple of great stories developing over time without being too much condensed, we get a load of great, unforgetable humor, and have the opportunity to fall in love with some of the villains or even monsters whose little "situations" are depicted mostly in "fillers", after all. Not to mention, they provide the fanbase with lots and lots of topics to discuss, inconsistencies to examine, and things to learn.

:)

I wonder if I should add a poll to the discussion?

Post subject: Re: Opinions on "Fillers" in the Anime
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
Fillers, huh? Taking them as individual episodes, I like fillers. Most filler-episodes are hilarious, after all! I could watch the episode with the psychic girl (classic) and the cheater-game-Daimon (S) over and over again. :mrgreen:

The thing is, sometimes, the filler thing gets way out of control. In my personal opinion, fillers in Classic, R and S have been handled perfectly. The fillers are very enjoyable, and, during the season, the plot advances in quite some episodes.
Fillers in SuperS and Stars, though, they have been overused. I don't mind it much in Stars, since it's the shortest season, and Nehellenia's arc and the final episodes leave even less room for the Phage-of-the-day fillers. But SuperS seems like a season of fillers and fillers alone :dead:
I'm sure, if I pick a random episode from SuperS to watch, I'll like it, most episodes are as hilarious as they could be. But, the thought of watching the whole SuperS season makes me cringe, it's just too much filler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Some fillers can be better than others, but I agree that most of them do make some contribution to the story at large -- a poignant character moment here, a hint of later developments there.

A part of building my SM website (the Swedish-language part) was writing a list with little brief synopses of the episodes aired here (classic and R). I described each episode in a few short sentences; the story, events or details of importance, possible additional notes... and I could see pretty soon that there was almost always something there worth mentioning. At least in those first years, very few of the fillers were nothing but fillers.

I miss dooky, btw.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:21 pm 
inactive
Oops, my topic got merged. Sorry, I did search forums but didn't find this topic. ^_^' Though, people last discussed it like 3 years ago. :oh:

Mamo-chan wrote:
Fillers, huh? Taking them as individual episodes, I like fillers. Most filler-episodes are hilarious, after all! I could watch the episode with the psychic girl (classic) and the cheater-game-Daimon (S) over and over again. :mrgreen:

These are exactly some my favorite episodes! Those and ninja Usagi in episode 123! :mrgreen:

Maybe in SuperS fillers weren't as entertaining/interesting because the focus was on Chibiusa and Pegasus, and Chibiusa is not the most interesting character ever. :P As for Stars, I don't even know, you know, I didn't like this series at all, so it makes no difference to me whether episodes are filler or not. ^_^'

Rosen wrote:
Some fillers can be better than others, but I agree that most of them do make some contribution to the story at large -- a poignant character moment here, a hint of later developments there.

This is what I think, too.

I read not so long ago in one general anime forum a topic in which somebody asks if Sailor Moon is worth watching. And to my surprise the people who replied did nothing but ☹ed about childlish fillers enumerating like 180 episodes as fillers you can skip out of 200 and said only 20 or so are worth watching and you can skip the rest. If somebody thinks fillers are boring then I won't be arguing that, but I strongly disagree that you can skip 80% of the show and still know what it's about. Skipping a few episodes throughout the whole series wouldn't be a problem, but watching a few while skipping all the rest is just dumb, IMO.

Not to mention, series made without fillers are usually short and have one major plotline. Sailor Moon is so cool because it has 200 episodes and several complex stories to tell and huge amounts of episodes just for fun. So you have tens of random episodes you can watch whenever you like without remebering what exactly prreceeded them.

I approve of fillers. :o

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:03 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
dooky wrote:
Mrgrill247 wrote:

There are far too many to list: basically a filler episode is any episode that doesn't really advance the plot.
Basically, every episode other than the following are considered fillers. (Though, the ones in parenthesis are fillers that do have some importance to them)

Classic: 1, (2-3), 8, 10, 13, 14, (15), 19, 22-25, (26-32), 33-36, (37), (38), (41), (42), 44-46

R: Makaiju arc - if this were not counted as wholly filler: 47-51, (52-55), 58-59

R: Black Moon Clan arc: 60-61, (62-65), (68-69), 70-74, (75), 76-77, 81-88

S: 90-92, (96), 101-103, (105), 106, 109-113, (118), 119-127

SuperS: 128, 130, 133, 135, (137), 143, 148-150, (151-152), (154), (157), 158, (159-160), 161-166

Sailor Stars: Nehellenia arc - if this were not counted as wholly filler: 167-169, (170-171), 172

Sailor Stars: Shadow Galactica arc: 173-174, (176-179), 180, (181), 182, (185), 187-190, 193-200

Hope that helps.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:38 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I love death scenes the most, mwahaha. But I love filler episodes, so long as they aren't boring. I think the fillers are what make me like the anime better than the manga, because we get to know the characters better. Filled can also deconstruct the seriousness of a show and have fun in a dramatic narrative.

On the other hand, I hate badly written dramatic filler. (lookingnat Bleach and Naruto... Who were better at silly filled but terrible at drama filler. Shippuuden is excepted) I like anything as long as it isn't boring.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:11 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
dooky wrote:
I like filler episodes. Well, I like a lot of filler episodes. I know there are some who crave plots and action, but I'm quite the opposite... if I was to list my top ten episodes of Sailor Moon, you would most likely find no season finales, no character deaths and no shocking revelations. What you would find would be a list of (mostly comedic) filler episodes.

I've often wondered why this is the case, and I think it comes down to this: more than anything else, I enjoy spending time in the company of the characters. I enjoy their quirks and their bickering, and there's generally very little of that once the plot kicks in. Villains also sudddenly become a lot less silly and lovable, and also have a habit of dying around these times... I'll admit Eudial's death was pretty funny, and Zoisite's was unintentionally funny, but usually I don't like to see villains die unless it's someone utterly bland like Rubeus.

But this thread isn't about me justifying my filler addiction. Fellow fillerphiles, what are your favourite examples of Sailor Moon filler? I have too many to list, but I'll start with one I just watched: Holiday in Juuban! A Carefree Princess. That's the one with the slightly unhinged Princess Di lookalike running around the Juuban summer festival, bothering Usagi and Chibiusa with her weirdness and causing Hawk's Eye to be beaten up by a hardened criminal moonlighting as a balloon seller. The battle scene was a work of genius too: the bizarre Lemures going on and on about her family, Tuxedo Kamen's rose being crushed before he can do his speech, and Hawk's Eye trying to squeeze an elephant through his portal (you can make up yoour own jokes for that one).

So, that's my filler of the moment. How about yours?

Well some of the filler can be dramatic intense as well as frightening. I like quite alot of filler episodes, however some like in SuperS were poorly done and with bad writing. Though on the Juupan Holiday episode yes I liked that episode as well. I thought it was very cute and had some nice development for the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:15 am 
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:
Well some of the filler can be dramatic intense as well as frightening. I like quite alot of filler episodes, however some like in SuperS were poorly done and with bad writing. Though on the Juupan Holiday episode yes I liked that episode as well. I thought it was very cute and had some nice development for the characters.

I agree with you on SuperS fillers. That's because fillers are usually focused on stuff connected with the characters, it's the main background to whatever the filler is about, and in SuperS it's Chibiusa. I always thought she's fine as a side character, not a main one. So watching several fillers focused on her and her kiddy issues and thoughts is really not my cup of tea either.

I'm glad to see that many, if not all, of you consider fillers to be an important part of the series. That is what i believe, too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:29 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Queen Eris wrote:
I'm glad to see that many, if not all, of you consider fillers to be an important part of the series. That is what i believe, too.

Agreed - what many non-fans would consider to be "filler"episodes are actually some of my favourite episodes of the Sailor Moon series. I happen to really enjoy the episodes that spotlight a particular senshi - this way we get to see their particular strengths as well as their flaws as a character. I might not have even become a Sailor Moon fan if these episodes didn't exist - some of the filler episodes gave the characters such considerable depth that I could not help become attached to them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 am 
Stella
Stella
Queen Eris wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

I agree with you on SuperS fillers. That's because fillers are usually focused on stuff connected with the characters, it's the main background to whatever the filler is about, and in SuperS it's Chibiusa. I always thought she's fine as a side character, not a main one. So watching several fillers focused on her and her kiddy issues and thoughts is really not my cup of tea either.

Well Chibi Usa is a main character but there are alot of other main characters that need attention as well. Also I think Chibi Usa would have been a fine focus on SuperS but we would need other characters to balance out and work with her. I know I have said this before but if the series would have been better I would have had for it to focus on Chibi Usa, Setsuna and Hotaru.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 am 
inactive
moonie1995 wrote:
Queen Eris wrote:

Agreed - what many non-fans would consider to be "filler"episodes are actually some of my favourite episodes of the Sailor Moon series. I happen to really enjoy the episodes that spotlight a particular senshi - this way we get to see their particular strengths as well as their flaws as a character. I might not have even become a Sailor Moon fan if these episodes didn't exist - some of the filler episodes gave the characters such considerable depth that I could not help become attached to them.

Amen.

Fillers give personality not just to the main characters like the senshi, but also to villains! ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 am 
Stella
Stella
Queen Eris wrote:
moonie1995 wrote:
Queen Eris wrote:

Amen.

Fillers give personality not just to the main characters like the senshi, but also to villains! ^_^

I agree one thing I didn't like about the manga is alot of the villains had no personalities and were maninly just evil wicked people who popped up with barely any difference. The anime gave all of the villains new and unique personalities and even made their powers more interesting and original then they were in the anime.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MariaTenebre wrote:
I agree one thing I didn't like about the manga is alot of the villains had no personalities and were maninly just evil wicked people who popped up with barely any difference. The anime gave all of the villains new and unique personalities and even made their powers more interesting and original then they were in the anime.
And they were ALL killed or defeated outright, whereas some of them in the anime turned good and/or were purified. Meaning that they were not all that bad.

A good example of this is Prince Demand. In the anime, he was plain evil at first, but was able to see the truth behind Wiseman's manipulation. In the manga, however, he was twisted and insane. Even though he eventually defied Wiseman there too, he went on his own plans and tried to destroy reality by bringing together the two Silver Crystals of the present and future. He even killed his own brother. :ohmy:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
I enjoy the filler episodes. I love being able to laugh and have a serious plot at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 am 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:
And they were ALL killed or defeated outright, whereas some of them in the anime turned good and/or were purified. Meaning that they were not all that bad.

A good example of this is Prince Demand. In the anime, he was plain evil at first, but was able to see the truth behind Wiseman's manipulation. In the manga, however, he was twisted and insane. Even though he eventually defied Wiseman there too, he went on his own plans and tried to destroy reality by bringing together the two Silver Crystals of the present and future. He even killed his own brother. :ohmy:

Yeah I never liked this evil, to me that showed a lack of creativity on Mrs. Takeuchi's part. In the manga I believe the only villains that ended up turning good were the Shitennou though they are now just rocks in a box and the Amazones Quartet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
MariaTenebre wrote:
In the manga I believe the only villains that ended up turning good were the Shitennou though they are now just rocks in a box and the Amazones Quartet.
Yeah, but that was only after they were already dead. The Amazoness Quartet were the only ones who were turned good and not killed (they were sealed with their Amazon Stones, but not killed).

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Post subject: Best filler episodes?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:11 am 
I know a lot of Sailor Moon fans dislike the amount of filler episodes, but they usually do have a favorite one.

I personally think that the filler episodes game the anime it's own charm. Kind of like the Sailor V manga. ((Although the episodes did start following an annoying formula eventually))

Post subject: Re: Best filler episodes?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 9 months ago
inactive
Filler episode? :?

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.. Dear.
Interesting gossip.