* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Manga Dark Moon clan
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:26 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 30 months ago
inactive
This is something that's had me puzzled for quite some time. Did the Dark Moon clan live on Earth at one time or have they always been on Nemesis?

I was reading through more accurate translations of the manga, and it stated that Death Phantom came to them and told them to come to Nemesis, but I thought that Safir had never seen flowers of the Earth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
The Black Moon members that we are familiar with, such as Demand, Safir, Emeraude, etc, are descendants from people who followed the Death Phantom's ideals, but it was Neo Queen Serenity that banished them to Nemesis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 36 months ago
inactive
It varies from anime to manga. In the manga, they were born on Earth then exiled to Nemesis for causing violence. In the anime, they were descendants of Death Phantom who always lived on Nemesis.

"Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
Gods, you all don't know the story right.

Listen up as I share with you the sad sad tale of Nemesis...

In the near future, the Tyrant will rise up. Her reign will be swift and sure, enforced by her brainwashing using her cursed silver crystal. Those who do not acquiesce to her treatments, will be banished to the distant reaches of the solar system. It is from those brave, hardy souls that we come....

Puellizator qui puellas in puellis amat
"Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling"
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
BRING ON THE KINGDOM OF YURI.

KUMA SHOCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:52 pm 
The official Genvid mama
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

In the near future, the Tyrant will rise up. Her reign will be swift and sure, enforced by her brainwashing using her cursed silver crystal. Those who do not acquiesce to her treatments, will be banished to the distant reaches of the solar system. It is from those brave, hardy souls that we come....

:o

I couldn't put it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
kyleen66 wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Actually, here's a thought. Were they right? I mean Queen Serenity forcing immortality on everyone? What if you wanted to die? Interview with the Vampire anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:59 pm 
inactive
Brad wrote:
kyleen66 wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Actually, here's a thought. Were they right? I mean Queen Serenity forcing immortality on everyone? What if you wanted to die? Interview with the Vampire anyone?

I don't think that the price Serenity asked for immortality was worth it. That's why I'm glad my ancestors chose Nemesis. We've got the best tunes too, utopias suck for creativity.

Kerochan no Miko wrote:

KUMA SHOCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:44 pm 
inactive
Oh for...Neo-queen Serenity did not banish them for not accepting the Silver Crystal. Nor does it say anywhere that she influenced people's thoughts or feelings.

They rejected the Silver Crystal, yes, but the reason they were banished was more likely because of the massive violence that they caused.

"Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 121 months ago
inactive
I always though the story was (at least in the manga) that the Black Moon Clan was a group that caused violence and such and were banished for it, and one day Wiseman appeared before them and told them to go to Nemesis and harness the power of the Black Crystal or whatever it was called. And then use it to strike back against Earth. But I could be wrong of course. What I never understood was where did that crystal come from? Did the Death Phantom create it or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:04 pm 
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:
Oh for...Neo-queen Serenity did not banish them for not accepting the Silver Crystal. Nor does it say anywhere that she influenced people's thoughts or feelings.

They rejected the Silver Crystal, yes, but the reason they were banished was more likely because of the massive violence that they caused.

Do not believe the propaganda of the foul witch and her minions.

We were banished for our stance on free will, which is what the cursed Silver Crystal was removing. One day, we shall rise up and correct the taint caused by the misdeeds of the ☹ Queen.

Kerochan no Miko wrote:

KUMA SHOCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:25 pm 
The official Genvid mama
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Roses Ablaze wrote:
Oh for...Neo-queen Serenity did not banish them for not accepting the Silver Crystal. Nor does it say anywhere that she influenced people's thoughts or feelings..

Not true! If you didn't accept "purification" you were banished. So the choice WAS given and refused.

Once purified, of COURSE your thoughts and feelings would be influenced.

I, myself, prefer to stay not so pure. WAY way more fun that way.

::nod nod::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:17 pm 
inactive
Quotes, people. If you're going to argue that Neo-queen Serenity is an evil witch that forces people to think happy thoughts or that you were banished if you didn't accept it, you're going to need to back yourself up.

ETA: My quotes:

Quote:
"The lifespan of people in the Silver Millennium is about one thousand years. After adulthood is reached, the aging process is stopped. When Selenity was 22, she ascended to the throne and gave birth to the first princess. After that, she maintained the same figure. It's all because of the power of the Mystical Silver Crystal. I have also become a member of the Silver Millennium, and so have the same longevity. Crystal Tokyo, like the Silver Millennium, entered the age of long life when we ascended to the throne in the 21st century. Now most of the people on Earth enjoy long lives from the power of the crystal. We lived on Earth in peace. That is, for a time. Now Crystal Tokyo is in ruin. Only the Mystical Silver Crystal can save the world. But Neo-Queen Selenity is the only one who can use it, and she won't wake up. So there's nothing we can do..."

This is the only passage I could find that described the effects of the Silver Crystal on Earth when the new Silver Millennium was established. All it says is that people have a longer life. Nowhere does it say anything about "purification" or any other such nonsense.

Quote:
"From the area we estimate it's located, we've discovered a huge amount of negative energy being released. Because of that, we are certain it's there. For centuries before that, they sent criminals there in place of capital punishment. After a while, they stopped and left the planet alone. Then, Nemesis turned its eyes toward our huge energy. So we began to investigate the planet once again. We found that it had been taken over by the Black Moon."

Note here, where he never says why people were sent to Nemesis. There's no reason to conclude that it's because they rejected the power of the Phantom Silver Crystal.

Quote:
"They are the descendants of traitors," says Diana. "Their warlike group rejects our society. They provoke disputes and slaughter their enemies. They built their headquarters on the planet of darkness, and then they came to attack Earth."

Note the part where it says they cause violence and death - a good reason to keep people away from society where they can only cause more death and violence.

Quote:
"Yes," he says. "I wanted to show you that the Mystical Silver Crystal isn't the only thing that carries immense strength. The fantasy world of long life and infinite power... Our planet Earth... We didn't like it."

Demand stands with Safir, Rubeus, and Esmeraude. They stare at the sparkling Crystal Palace.

The Wiseman appears.

"Young traitors," he says. "If you desire power, go to Nemesis. If you want to have everything... Get the Evil Black Crystal."

"We took the Evil Black Crystal and put it to use," Demand continues. "The planet turned into a planet of death. It had power far beyond our expectations. We were fed up with the influence of the Moon Kingdom. We wanted nothing to do with that Earth. We would create a new Earth. To the past, before the Moon Kingdom's influence started. We went to the past. We would rewrite history. That is our magnificent Replay operation. The recreation of history."

Usagi gasps. "The recreation of history!?"

"Long life and peace are deceptive. With the Mystical Silver Crystal, the people don't age. That's blasphemy toward god. Their bodies must die. We will repeat the fight of the past, and return to our correct history."

Note that it's the long life itself that he objects to. He thinks that people should rot and die. He says nothing about the Silver Crystal "purifying" people or erasing their anger.

It isn't a quote, but following the one I just posted is where Neo-queen Serenity gets pissed at Prince Demand for killing a little girl.

Quote:
"Once... Centuries ago... In Earth's most beautiful and peaceful Crystal Tokyo. He brought crime and slaughter. The leader appeared... The insane ruler, Phantom. A black crescent moon mark adorned his forehead. The defender of the until-then quiet Crystal Tokyo, Neo-Queen Selenity, rose up against him. She captured him and banished him to Nemesis. Then she blocked the planet off. Peace soon returned, and in time people forgot. Then the traitors appeared and declared themselves the Black Moon. They said they would kill the Moon Kingdom."

"The same black moon mark on their foreheads..." says Luna. "Are they the descendants of Phantom?"

"They don't have the system of long life. Phantom was buried centuries before, so we don't know whether they are or not..."

In the paragraph that says Neo-queen Serenity banished him, it talks largely about the violence that he caused, not about the fact that he rejected the Crystal. He also says that they don't have long lifespans, but he never says why. There's no reason to believe it's because they actively rejected the Crystal.

Quote:
"Venus," calls Luna. "Look, we've found something." She sits at the computer with Artemis. "It's a file on the incident in question." She reads from the screen: "'Death Phantom. Among the highest class of criminals of the past. Has these special abilities: death hands and evil vision.' According to the records, he destroyed Crystal Tokyo all by himself. He made it like a city of crime. He brought it to ruin. It was a terrible time. The enemy was human, but with his special powers, the queen couldn't kill him. So she banished him to the most distant planet of the solar system. He was sent to the cursed planet, Nemesis. From then on, nobody was allowed to approach that planet."

This quote, too, seems to imply that Death Phantom was banished due to the destruction he caused.

Last edited by Roses Ablaze on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:43 pm 
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:
Quotes, people. If you're going to argue that Neo-queen Serenity is an evil witch that forces people to think happy thoughts or that you were banished if you didn't accept it, you're going to need to back yourself up.

Don't make me have a droid visit you.

Kerochan no Miko wrote:

KUMA SHOCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:38 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 30 months ago
inactive
As I thought, the Black Moon clan are descendants of traitors (criminals in the past), and Death Phantom tells them to come to Nemesis.

I suppose they were bitter to be known as descendants of criminals and despised a "perfect society."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:36 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:
This is the only passage I could find that described the effects of the Silver Crystal on Earth when the new Silver Millennium was established. All it says is that people have a longer life. Nowhere does it say anything about "purification" or any other such nonsense.

Because you're only checking the manga. From episode 83 (ca 08.00):

"After fighting numerous intense battles, we suppressed those evil beings. However, many of them did not want to be cleansed by the Silver Crystal and they journeyed out into space."

The Script Crypt sems to be dead these days, but I found the #83 script on my hard drive; it gives the passage as "But most of them didn't want to be purified by the Mysterious Silver Crystal and fled into space."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:28 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 53 months ago
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:

ETA: My quotes:

Quote:
"The lifespan of people in the Silver Millennium is about one thousand years. After adulthood is reached, the aging process is stopped. When Selenity was 22, she ascended to the throne and gave birth to the first princess. After that, she maintained the same figure. It's all because of the power of the Mystical Silver Crystal. I have also become a member of the Silver Millennium, and so have the same longevity. Crystal Tokyo, like the Silver Millennium, entered the age of long life when we ascended to the throne in the 21st century. Now most of the people on Earth enjoy long lives from the power of the crystal. We lived on Earth in peace. That is, for a time. Now Crystal Tokyo is in ruin. Only the Mystical Silver Crystal can save the world. But Neo-Queen Selenity is the only one who can use it, and she won't wake up. So there's nothing we can do..."

Quote:
"From the area we estimate it's located, we've discovered a huge amount of negative energy being released. Because of that, we are certain it's there. For centuries before that, they sent criminals there in place of capital punishment. After a while, they stopped and left the planet alone. Then, Nemesis turned its eyes toward our huge energy. So we began to investigate the planet once again. We found that it had been taken over by the Black Moon."

Note here, where he never says why people were sent to Nemesis. There's no reason to conclude that it's because they rejected the power of the Phantom Silver Crystal.

Quote:
"They are the descendants of traitors," says Diana. "Their warlike group rejects our society. They provoke disputes and slaughter their enemies. They built their headquarters on the planet of darkness, and then they came to attack Earth."

Note the part where it says they cause violence and death - a good reason to keep people away from society where they can only cause more death and violence.

Quote:
"Yes," he says. "I wanted to show you that the Mystical Silver Crystal isn't the only thing that carries immense strength. The fantasy world of long life and infinite power... Our planet Earth... We didn't like it."

Demand stands with Safir, Rubeus, and Esmeraude. They stare at the sparkling Crystal Palace.

The Wiseman appears.

"Young traitors," he says. "If you desire power, go to Nemesis. If you want to have everything... Get the Evil Black Crystal."

"We took the Evil Black Crystal and put it to use," Demand continues. "The planet turned into a planet of death. It had power far beyond our expectations. We were fed up with the influence of the Moon Kingdom. We wanted nothing to do with that Earth. We would create a new Earth. To the past, before the Moon Kingdom's influence started. We went to the past. We would rewrite history. That is our magnificent Replay operation. The recreation of history."

Usagi gasps. "The recreation of history!?"

"Long life and peace are deceptive. With the Mystical Silver Crystal, the people don't age. That's blasphemy toward god. Their bodies must die. We will repeat the fight of the past, and return to our correct history."

Note that it's the long life itself that he objects to. He thinks that people should rot and die. He says nothing about the Silver Crystal "purifying" people or erasing their anger.

It isn't a quote, but following the one I just posted is where Neo-queen Serenity gets pissed at Prince Demand for killing a little girl.

Quote:
"Once... Centuries ago... In Earth's most beautiful and peaceful Crystal Tokyo. He brought crime and slaughter. The leader appeared... The insane ruler, Phantom. A black crescent moon mark adorned his forehead. The defender of the until-then quiet Crystal Tokyo, Neo-Queen Selenity, rose up against him. She captured him and banished him to Nemesis. Then she blocked the planet off. Peace soon returned, and in time people forgot. Then the traitors appeared and declared themselves the Black Moon. They said they would kill the Moon Kingdom."

"The same black moon mark on their foreheads..." says Luna. "Are they the descendants of Phantom?"

"They don't have the system of long life. Phantom was buried centuries before, so we don't know whether they are or not..."

In the paragraph that says Neo-queen Serenity banished him, it talks largely about the violence that he caused, not about the fact that he rejected the Crystal. He also says that they don't have long lifespans, but he never says why. There's no reason to believe it's because they actively rejected the Crystal.

Quote:
"Venus," calls Luna. "Look, we've found something." She sits at the computer with Artemis. "It's a file on the incident in question." She reads from the screen: "'Death Phantom. Among the highest class of criminals of the past. Has these special abilities: death hands and evil vision.' According to the records, he destroyed Crystal Tokyo all by himself. He made it like a city of crime. He brought it to ruin. It was a terrible time. The enemy was human, but with his special powers, the queen couldn't kill him. So she banished him to the most distant planet of the solar system. He was sent to the cursed planet, Nemesis. From then on, nobody was allowed to approach that planet."

This quote, too, seems to imply that Death Phantom was banished due to the destruction he caused.

Someone doesn't understand sarcasm. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:10 pm 
inactive
Rosen wrote:
"After fighting numerous intense battles, we suppressed those evil beings. However, many of them did not want to be cleansed by the Silver Crystal and they journeyed out into space."

The Script Crypt sems to be dead these days, but I found the #83 script on my hard drive; it gives the passage as "But most of them didn't want to be purified by the Mysterious Silver Crystal and fled into space."

This is a topic about the manga.

Quote:
Someone doesn't understand sarcasm.

I was under the impression that Kyleen was quite serious. It wouldn't surprise me since this is an annoyingly persistent rumor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:37 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
I remember in the English anime, Prince Darien says this

"Belligerent forces from beyond the universe appeared, intent on conquering Earth. After a lengthy and costly war, we repelled them. Some of our enemies accepted cleansing from the Silver Crystal, but most refused and were banished into space"

So it makes it sound like Wiseman and his followers came to Earth and tried to take over... but were banished... then when they were on Nemesis they absorbed the supernatural power of the planet and became the Black Moon Clan (Negamoon Family). So it doesn't really say if they were human or not to start with... but Prince Demand sounds like he has never really been around humans that much...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:15 pm 
inactive
Like I said, that happened in the anime. This discussion is about the manga. And even at that, how do you know "cleansing" isn't just expelling dark spirits/energy from people's minds? You know, freeing people from outside influences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm 
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:
Like I said, that happened in the anime. This discussion is about the manga. And even at that, how do you know "cleansing" isn't just expelling dark spirits/energy from people's minds? You know, freeing people from outside influences.

You'd let the Queen ☹ ☹ with your mind, your spirit? Never I say. I demand freedom!

Kerochan no Miko wrote:

KUMA SHOCK

Last edited by Kyaa the Catlord on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:31 pm 
The official Genvid mama
Roses Ablaze wrote:
I was under the impression that Kyleen was quite serious. It wouldn't surprise me since this is an annoyingly persistent rumor.

Kyleen takes nothing seriously.

::bangs pots with kyaa to fight against the moon tyrant!::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:

Except that Kyaa was the one who started it. And if you take Kyaa seriously, you haven't been here long. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:17 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 17 months ago
inactive
Roses Ablaze wrote:
This is a topic about the manga.

I know that -- I was simply pointing out where the cleansing/purification concept comes from. You were calling it "nonsense" like it was just another stupid fan rumor.

And there is a certain difference between anime canon and nonsense, methinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm 
inactive
Death Phantom and the Black Moon Clan could have been worse off. Neo Queen Serenity could've sent them to some concentration camp or labor camp. :) At least on Nemesis they could do whatever they wanted there, like...I don't know...harness the power of the Evil Black Crystal and violently strike back on the Earth? Okay, I was sort of joking about that 'cause I don't think people who cause wars and death are simply sent to one of those camps. But anyways..
In the ADV sub, when the Ayakashi Sisters and Rubeus introduce themselves in the that 5 on 5 battle, they mention something about being from the "Dark Moon" but they also say they're the "Black Moon." To me it sounded like they were saying they were from a place called the Dark Moon, but the name of the clan was Black Moon. I was confused because I believed they were from Earth, and I also always thought that Black Moon was just a name and that there wasn't actually a moon or celestial body of some sort called Dark Moon or Black Moon. Mistake in translation maybe? Wouldn't be the first...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:50 pm 
inactive
Maybe Black Moon and Dark Moon are just nicknames for Nemesis. Like the Red Planet for Mars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:03 am 
inactive
Do not buy into the whole "dark moon" lie the White Moon tells. We are not Dark, rather we are the revitalization of civilization in its truest form. We are a reinvigoration of ancient Rome and the Earth Kingdom in exile. Our technology and craftmanship forces the White Moon into eclipse.

We are the true Kingdom of Man. Not that usurpation of freedom by the Queen ☹ in her crystal palace in "Tokyo."

Kerochan no Miko wrote:

KUMA SHOCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:13 am 
inactive
I'll never look at the Black Moon Clan the same again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
I never realized that Kyaa was such a committed anti-Imperial revolutionary! :ohmy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:16 am 
inactive
dodgerfan wrote:
I never realized that Kyaa was such a committed anti-Imperial revolutionary! :ohmy:

There's surprise after surprise up Kyaa's sleeve I believe. I think Gandalf put it best, "You can learn all there is to know about Kyaa in a year and even after a thousand years, he can still surprise you." Wait that wasn't about Kyaa...oh well!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:25 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Brad wrote:
Actually, here's a thought. Were they right? I mean Queen Serenity forcing immortality on everyone? What if you wanted to die?

That's an interesting question. Bullying still existed in the manga.