* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cloverway Cast Help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Can someone help me figure out some of the voice actors from the CWI dub?

Serena - Linda Ballantyne
Rini - Stephanie Beard
Amy - Liza Balkan
Raye - Katie Griffin
Lita - Susan Roman
Mina - Emilie Barlow
Amara - Sara Lefieur
Michelle - Barbara Rudecki
Trista - Susan Aceron
Hotaru - Jennifer Gould
Darien - Vince Corozza
Luna - Jill Frappier
Artemis - Ron Rubin
Diana - Loretta Jafelice, Naomi Emmerson
Melvin - Roland Parliament
Molly - Mary Long
Ikuko - Barbara Rudecki
Sammy - Julie Lemieux
Chad - Steve Bednarski, Jason Barr (no idea on the S actor)
Dr. Tomoe - Jeff Lumby
Kaorinite - Kristen Bishop
Eugeal - Loretta Jafelice
Mimet - Catherine Disher
Telulu - ???
Byruit - ???
Cyprine - ???
Petirol - ???
Mistress 9 - ???
Helios - Robert Bockstael
Tiger's Eye - Jason Barr
Hawk's Eye - Benji Plener
Fish-Eye - Deborah Drakeford
Zirconia - ???
Nehelenia - Lisa Dalbello
BesuBesu - Karyn Dwyer
PallaPalla - Jennifer Gould
JunJun - Mary Long
CereCere -
Melanie - Mary Long (in a few episodes), ???
Kelly - ???
Elizabeth - Catherine Disher (S), Susan Aceron (SS)
Andrew - Joel Feeney
Rita - Emilie Barlow

Names in the SuperS English credits, no idea who they voice:
Daniela Olivieri, Rowan Tichenor

Episode Characters:
Daiheart (Daimon) - Mary Long
Doublin (Daimon) - Mary Long
Racer - Tony Daniels
Todeen (Daimon) - Mary Long
Senisenta (Daimon) - Mary Long
Maya - Mary Long
Tamasaburo - Catherine Disher
Kakasui - Jason Barr
Charles Henry Clarke - Tony Daniels
Shawn Hayes - Jason Barr
Danko (Lemures) - Julie Lemieux
Nun - Jennifer Gould
Ms. Marino - Mary Long
Miharu - Mary Long
Ichiru - Tony Daniels
Dentist - Tony Daniels
GariGari (Lemures) - Julie Lemieux

Last edited by Umino on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:58 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Diana-Loretta Jafelice, Naomi Emmerson
Nehelenia-Lisa Dalbello
Sammy-Julie Lemieux
Eugeal-Loretta Jafelice
Jun Jun-Mary Long
Mistress 9-Susan Aceron

Interesting fact: Jason Barr was only 13 when he voiced Tiger Eye @_@

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:14 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
Chad - Steve Bednarski

I only remember that because we share the same last name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
MarioKnight wrote:
Chad - Steve Bednarski

That is crazy! Do a lot of people have that last name? If not, do you think you might be distantly related?

My last name is really unusual. My immediate family are the only people we know of in the entire country who share it. You websearch it anywhere and you get my dad and my great-uncle, and that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:19 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
kikyo82 wrote:
Diana-Loretta Jafelice, Naomi Emmerson
Nehelenia-Lisa Dalbello
Sammy-Julie Lemieux
Eugeal-Loretta Jafelice
Jun Jun-Mary Long
Mistress 9-Susan Aceron

Interesting fact: Jason Barr was only 13 when he voiced Tiger Eye @_@

Love for Mistress 9!

Tiger's Eye was voiced by a 13 year old?! Impossible! Does he do any other voices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:03 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Nekorin wrote:
Nehelenia-Lisa Dalbello
Sammy-Julie Lemieux
Eugeal-Loretta Jafelice
Jun Jun-Mary Long
Mistress 9-Susan Aceron

Tiger's Eye was voiced by a 13 year old?! Impossible! Does he do any other voices?

He voiced Kakasui in SMS, and Chad in SuperS.

I thought Steve Bednarski was the actor who played him in the DIC dub? He has a completely different voice in the S dub (unless he just dropped the fake accent).

I don't know about Nehelenia or JunJun. Nehelenia sounds a bit higher pitched than what I've heard of Lisa Dalbello. And JunJun sounds deeper than Mary Long's usual characters. I guess that's right, Mary Long did voice alot of characters.

Thanks for the information everybody.

EDIT: I put up some episode characters in my first post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:54 am 
inactive
SailorDonut wrote:
MarioKnight wrote:
Chad - Steve Bednarski

That is crazy! Do a lot of people have that last name? If not, do you think you might be distantly related?

My last name isn't that common, it can be found fairly easily in many areas but isn't that popular. I don't think I am related to him though.

Umino wrote:
I thought Steve Bednarski was the actor who played him in the DIC dub? He has a completely different voice in the S dub (unless he just dropped the fake accent).

He must've dropped the fake accent then, I remember clearly seeing his name on the credits through S and I believe SS as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:45 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Looking into the Chad thing...

I rewatched his debut episode, and his S episode to compare. First thing I noticed is, Chad sounds like Joel Feeney (Fiore, Andrew #2) just with a fake accent. Steven's name doesn't appear in DIC's credits, but IMDB claims otherwise.

I checked the S credits (DVD), and I didn't see his name. But his name is in the SuperS credits. Maybe Joel Feeney was the original voice of Chad? Maybe Steven Bednarski voiced a different character?

I've found a clip of Daniela Olivieri, but her voice doesn't sound familar at all. Here's a clip with her in it (she's the woman chanting about.. witch stuff). Does she sound like any character in the dub? Maybe Cyprine...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 47 months ago
inactive
NEVER EVER trust IMDB's information.

1. It's fan contributed

2. It's wrong half the time

I have been putting together a Voice Performers list for as many characters as possible, and I managed to get a few from Nicole Thuault (ADR Director for S and SuperS), so the ones I have listed are mostly officially accurate aside from the ones that are in curly brackets.{}

Voice Performances

My site is currently being updated with a new layout, so I apologize for the mess at the moment. The new one will even have episode guide with cast lists... but that won't be till next year.

ALSO, Steven Bednarski has always been known to play Chad (among other characters throughout season 1 and 2), but what I found strange was in SuperS, his names is spelled Steven BENARDSKI... LOL crazy Cloverway. Still not sure who he voiced in SuperS.

I also wanted to see if anyone had a voice sample of Joel Feeney in something else? I have been trying to find his email address somewhere but with no luck. Apparently he's a singer, but he was originally supposed to voice Peter Fisher, Fiore, and Andrew (SMS+), but Peter Fisher sounds nothing like Fiore or Andrew, although you can tell the guy who did Fiore voiced the new Andrew also.

One more thing before I go... coz I just love discussing the mysteries of the English voice actors. SUSAN ACERON only voiced SAILOR PLUTO in Sailor Moon S. She did not voice any other characters at all (which is shown on my website).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:28 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
fighter4luv wrote:
NEVER EVER trust IMDB's information.

Yeah, but I've check other things that the actors have done to confirm. I've also searched the actors on Youtube for clips. I was shocked to find out that's Benji Plener natural speaking voice.

Now, a few of these I am guessing on. In BesuBesu's case (Karyn Dwyer) - I'm going by clips of her and IMDB. I might be wrong about Rita's SS voice (Emilie Barlow) but it does kind of sound like her. I could be wrong.

If Cloverway put more than half of the voicecast in their credits, I wouldn't have this problem. P-:

Quote:

Thanks for the link. If you need proof on Benji Plener as Hawk's Eye, here's a video of him. He's also been on Are You Afraid of the Dark?. I think Catherine Disher voiced Tamasoburou, not Barbara Radecki.

Quote:
ALSO, Steven Bednarski has always been known to play Chad (among other characters throughout season 1 and 2), but what I found strange was in SuperS, his names is spelled Steven BENARDSKI... LOL crazy Cloverway. Still not sure who he voiced in SuperS.

I don't understand why he would be in CWI's credits, when he certainly didn't voice Chad in S or SS.

Quote:
I also wanted to see if anyone had a voice sample of Joel Feeney in something else? I have been trying to find his email address somewhere but with no luck. Apparently he's a singer, but he was originally supposed to voice Peter Fisher, Fiore, and Andrew (SMS+), but Peter Fisher sounds nothing like Fiore or Andrew, although you can tell the guy who did Fiore voiced the new Andrew also.

He's another one I've been trying to search, but no luck at all.

Quote:
One more thing before I go... coz I just love discussing the mysteries of the English voice actors. SUSAN ACERON only voiced SAILOR PLUTO in Sailor Moon S. She did not voice any other characters at all (which is shown on my website).

I dunno about Mistress 9, but it sounds like she dubs Byruit and Elizabeth (in SuperS). Her tone is there. I tried to email about it, but the contact forum on her site doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:32 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 78 months ago
inactive
Hi everyone - Fighter4Luv I understand your pain in trying to find out who played who :( ! anyway there's a couple errors on your page - Karen Dwyer and Catherine Disher were never in Sailor Moon. I checked the DVD credits when I doubted IMDB. Somewhere on one of these computers I have a note for who Daniela Olivieri played. I seem to remember it being a villain. I'll try to look it up this weekend.

I know for various one-off characters or monsters of the day they would use the usuals in their place. So any one of the cast members could have been used twice. Have you tried the VAs on Myspace? Sometimes they are a little more responsive there.

Last edited by sailordees on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
sailordees wrote:
Karen Dwyer and Catherine Disher were never in Sailor Moon.

Catherine Disher was in Sailor Moon. She's got a unique voice, you can't miss it. She voiced Mimet, Princess Kaguya, Tamasaburou, and Elizabeth (S). I'm not sure about Karen Dwyer. When I saw her in Super Star, she sounded like BesuBesu. As far as I know, she hasn't done any other anime work. Isn't she a Canadian actress anyway?

The Cloverway credits (also included on the DVDs) only list about half of the cast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:42 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 78 months ago
inactive
Umino wrote:

Catherine Disher was in Sailor Moon. She's got a unique voice, you can't miss it. She voiced Mimet, Princess Kaguya, Tamasaburou, and Elizabeth (S). I'm not sure about Karen Dwyer. When I saw her in Super Star, she sounded like BesuBesu. As far as I know, she hasn't done any other anime work. Isn't she a Canadian actress anyway?

The Cloverway credits (also included on the DVDs) only list about half of the cast.

They are supposed to include everyone, from what I understand with union rules, the only ones ever exempt from credits are extras. I have found agent contacts for both of those VAs, I will try to contact them sometime next week.

Last edited by sailordees on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:45 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
You guys have interesting contacts, is there anyway of learning about the unreleased music?

I really wanna know who plays Mistress 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 pm 
inactive
Umino wrote:
sailordees wrote:
Karen Dwyer and Catherine Disher were never in Sailor Moon.

I have spoken to Karen Dwyer, and she definitely voiced Besubesu. I have now emailed her about if she knows who voiced the other members of the Quartet and even Nehelenia. Fingers crossed that she replies. Also, I was thinking that Catherine Disher may have been Snow Queen Kaguya aswell... but, I was also thinking it may have been Jennifer Gould since she was already in the S movie, and Himeko and Kaguya pronounce "kaguya" the exact same way... but I am still not sure how early Catherine joined the Sailor Moon team.

Umino wrote:
I dunno about Mistress 9, but it sounds like she dubs Byruit and Elizabeth (in SuperS). Her tone is there. I tried to email about it, but the contact forum on her site doesn't work.

I originally thought that, but I contacted Susan Acerson and she stated she DID NOT voice any other characters from Sailor Moon. You can even tell by her demo reel that she doesn't have a broad voice acting range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
fighter4luv wrote:
I have spoken to Karen Dwyer, and she definitely voiced Besubesu. I have now emailed her about if she knows who voiced the other members of the Quartet and even Nehelenia. Fingers crossed that she replies. Also, I was thinking that Catherine Disher may have been Snow Queen Kaguya aswell... but, I was also thinking it may have been Jennifer Gould since she was already in the S movie, and Himeko and Kaguya pronounce "kaguya" the exact same way... but I am still not sure how early Catherine joined the Sailor Moon team.

Well Jennifer Gould for sure did ParaPara (her name is even in the credits). But it'd be great to find out who voices JunJun and CereCere. Catherine Disher had to have been Kaguya. She sounds just like Mimet.

Quote:
I originally thought that, but I contacted Susan Acerson and she stated she DID NOT voice any other characters from Sailor Moon. You can even tell by her demo reel that she doesn't have a broad voice acting range.

Really? That sucks. I could've sworn she did Byruit. Now this is gonna drive me crazy. Well Elizabeth and Byruit certainly sound alike. Maybe those are the characters Daniela Olivieri voiced?

EDIT: After rewatching some clips... I think Daniela Olivieri might've voiced Cyprine or Mistress 9. Those are the only two characters that sound *somewhat* like her. It's hard to tell because the only clips with Daniela online have her with an accent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:34 pm 
inactive
No one's mentioned Grandpa Hino yet, but I guess he was the easiest to recognize for me. After watching so much Babar in my childhood, as soon as I heard Grandpa's replacement in Sailor Moon S, I knew it was John Stocker. The funny thing was, he did the Voice Directing for the Sailor Moon movies - so it was perfect!

I'll let you guys know if I get a reply from Karyn about the other voices.

I once tried contacting Stephanie Beard about the same thing, but she never replied... bloody rude celebrities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
fighter4luv wrote:
No one's mentioned Grandpa Hino yet, but I guess he was the easiest to recognize for me. After watching so much Babar in my childhood, as soon as I heard Grandpa's replacement in Sailor Moon S, I knew it was John Stocker. The funny thing was, he did the Voice Directing for the Sailor Moon movies - so it was perfect!

I completely forgot about Grandpa. Didn't he get his original actor back in SuperS?

Quote:
I once tried contacting Stephanie Beard about the same thing, but she never replied... bloody rude celebrities!

I think someone from Sailor Moon Uncensored emailed her once, and said she really didn't know the other actors. Is it possible for you to get in touch with Nicole Thualt again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:11 pm 
inactive
Umino wrote:
Quote:

I think someone from Sailor Moon Uncensored emailed her once, and said she really didn't know the other actors. Is it possible for you to get in touch with Nicole Thualt again?

http://www.smuncensored.com/essay.php?oid=11

That's the e-mail we got back all the way back in 2000 from Stephanie Beard, which she said exactly what you did, that she didn't really see much of anyone else there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am 
inactive
Umino wrote:
I completely forgot about Grandpa. Didn't he get his original actor back in SuperS?

Yeh He did get his voice back in SuperS which made me a lil bit happier about the season.

Umino wrote:
Is it possible for you to get in touch with Nicole Thualt again?

All mail seems to be bouncing back from Optimum.

MarioKnight wrote:
That's the e-mail we got back all the way back in 2000 from Stephanie Beard, which she said exactly what you did, that she didn't really see much of anyone else there.

It seems we'll probably have the same issue when I get a response from Karyn. After reading that bottom part of that SMU thing, it seems the person doesn't realize that Janice Sonski was the Exec Producer and Script Consultant. So I'm sure Stephanie would have worked a bit with Janice, but obviously not all the time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:23 am 
inactive
No response from Karyn second time around. I might try again.

EDIT:
She replied this time, but with some bad news... although she had a bit of fun recording for Sailor Moon, she was in a sound booth by herself and only met Nicole Thuault, and a sound supervisor... so perhaps a ADR Engineer or the ADR Executive. She couldn't remember their names... but she mentioned a French lady, and I realized she meant Nicole.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. The only way we could get this information is if we contact Nicole directly... she gave me a number to call once, but since I'm in Australia - International calls would cost heaps, and now I can't find that number!!!! :twisted: If I come across it, now that I'm living out of home, I'll give it a call, and get as many voices out of her as I can - or I'll just give it to one of you guys (privately) if it works, we don't want heaps of people contacting her. ^_^

Post subject: Re: Cloverway Cast Help
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 34 months ago
inactive
Lisa Dalbello did not voice Nehelenia.

As for some of the daimons, Linda Ballantyne definitely voiced Octave (you could tell that shrill, annoying voice from anywhere). Loretta Jafelice (who played most of Emerald's Droids in SMR) did the voice of Nekonell and a few others.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 32 months ago
inactive
@Fighter4Luv

On your site, you have the dentist from episode 146 listed under Tony Daniels, but I always thought it could have been Jeff Lumby. I recognize his crazy Tomoe laugh anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 pm 
inactive
Yen-sama wrote:
@Fighter4Luv

On your site, you have the dentist from episode 146 listed under Tony Daniels, but I always thought it could have been Jeff Lumby. I recognize his crazy Tomoe laugh anywhere.
The ones in the curly brackets are possibility ones that I had been thinking about by listening to the voice actors demo reels and matching them up with similar voices in the show. Tony Daniels said he helped out a fair bit in SuperS, so I thought it sounded a bit like his Wiseman take at first - but now I guess you're probably right... Thanks.
Atsugessho wrote:
Lisa Dalbello did not voice Nehelenia.
Loretta Jafelice (who played most of Emerald's Droids in SMR) did the voice of Nekonell and a few others.
Really? Doesn't sound like her at all, and you can usually pick her voice a mile away... in every role. Her voice in real life is very much like the one she gave Eugeal (and her other characters lol)... Nekonell sounds more like whoever played Snow Queen Kaguya, but in some things Nekonnel says, sounds like MOTDs from R.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 73 months ago
inactive
Holy crap! The voice actor for Tiger's Eye was only 13? I guess it did sound like a young man's voice developing with a hint of roughness to make it more mature. That's serious talent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:17 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
chrisb wrote:
Holy crap! The voice actor for Tiger's Eye was only 13? I guess it did sound like a young man's voice developing with a hint of roughness to make it more mature. That's serious talent.

13 wow... that is talent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
John Stocker is coming to FanEx so I'll be going to his panel (provided it's not on the Saturday) and ask him a few questions regarding the dubbing of Sailor Moon.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:32 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 34 months ago
inactive
fighter4luv wrote:
Really? Doesn't sound like her at all, and you can usually pick her voice a mile away... in every role. Her voice in real life is very much like the one she gave Eugeal (and her other characters rantipole)... Nekonell sounds more like whoever played Snow Queen Kaguya, but in some things Nekonnel says, sounds like MOTDs from R.

My mistake, I was thinking of a different Daimon (I recently watched the first five episodes again, I think I might've been thinking of Mikusi or the elephant-vacuum one). Nekonell, upon further inspection, sounds a lot like Mimet (Catherine Disher).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:14 am 
inactive
Atsugessho wrote:
My mistake, I was thinking of a different Daimon (I recently watched the first five episodes again, I think I might've been thinking of Mikusi or the elephant-vacuum one). Nekonell, upon further inspection, sounds a lot like Mimet (Catherine Disher).
That's okay. :) I haven't touched my Voice Performers page in AGES, so these comments inspired me to work on it again last night. I updated a few things and also mentioned all the ones listed on IMDB, although I think many of them are incorrect.
kikyo hino wrote:
John Stocker is coming to FanEx so I'll be going to his panel (provided it's not on the Saturday) and ask him a few questions regarding the dubbing of Sailor Moon.
Definitely!! He did do the voice directing for the Lost Episodes & 3 films. Perhaps ask about the voice acting, and the atmosphere after the big break. Perhaps find out if he remembers the voices he did in the series.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:09 pm 
Quote:
Thanks for the link. If you need proof on Benji Plener as Hawk's Eye, here's a video of him.

Darn, too bad the link is now private. :sad:

I'm currently trying to help out on Behind The Voice Actors, a website for VAs and their roles. Problem is they can't find sources for who voiced the S and SS villians too. Same with Nephrite, Prisma and Avery.