Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 06, 2013
Posts: 25
I wish the Sailor Moon series to never be tainted by the corruption of Hollywood.
In fact, I wish Toei wouldn't ruin the Sailor Moon series with their new work coming in summer as they've ruined the Saint Seiya series with their new work of it...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:13 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 19, 2012
Posts: 2950
Location: Mount Grimrock Level 4
Gender: Male
Usagi: Steve Blum.

that's all.

_________________
Image
The spirits of the cow are now avenged


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Sep 02, 2012
Posts: 372
Location: Minnesota, United States
Gender: Male
All I have to say is that for the longest time I've thought that Amanda Seyfried would make the PERFECT actress for an Americanized Sailor Moon movie. No one else in Hollywood could pull off Usagi's facial expressions or kind heart like she could.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 43 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 28, 2012
Posts: 299
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Minako fan wrote:
Usagi: Emily Osment
Minako: Kate Upton
Rei: Halle Berry
Makoto: Angelina Jolie
Ami: Melissa McCarthy
Mamoru: Sylvester Stallone

Motoki: Dolph Lungren
Grandpa Hino: Danny Devito
Yuuichiro: Christian Bale
Naru: Christina Hendricks (both have red hair)
Umino: Tom Cruise (he's short)

Haruka: Also Dolph Lungren
Michiru: Emma Roberts
Setsuna: Tyra Banks
Hotaru: Someone really short


and the director will be Michael Bay

_________________
One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth

-Char Aznable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 40 months ago
inactive
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Posts: 947
Usagi: Emily Osment
Minako: Kate Upton
Rei: Halle Berry
Makoto: Angelina Jolie
Ami: Melissa McCarthy
Mamoru: Sylvester Stallone

Motoki: Dolph Lungren
Grandpa Hino: Danny Devito
Yuuichiro: Christian Bale
Naru: Christina Hendricks (both have red hair)
Umino: Tom Cruise (he's short)

Haruka: Also Dolph Lungren
Michiru: Emma Roberts
Setsuna: Tyra Banks
Hotaru: Someone really short


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:17 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 39 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 30, 2011
Posts: 86
Location: On the dark side of the moon.
RedComet wrote:
Usagi/ Sailor Moon (Emily Osment),


I do think that she would make a good Americanized Usagi. I don't think she'd make a good Serenity, though, nor would she be fitting in serious moments. They would need someone that can do both.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:09 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 18, 2011
Posts: 966
Location: Land of Lincoln, U.S. of A!
I'd cast a bunch of unknowns who can act as the Senshi, Tuxedo Mask, and the other kid characters so the audience can just look at the screen and see the characters instead of whatever pretty face is currently popular. In exchange I'd imagine any Hollywood studio would make me fill the rest of the roles with name actors.

Beryl-Jenna Louise Coleman. Yeah, yeah, I know, right now, she's just "the new companion" on Doctor Who, but man, that beautiful young actress can act. Already, she's played tormented refugee from the future, mature and motherly maid from the past, and spunky tomboy in the present. We're only in 7 episode of the newest season, that said. Playing Beryl would be a cakewalk with this woman.
Jadeite-Justin Hartley. This guy was born to play arrogant punks.
Nephrite-Matthew MacFadyen
Zoicite-eh, whatever femmy looking pretty boy is available, I guess.
Kunzite-Christopher Eccleston, because between MacFadyen and Eccleston, we'd be able to seriously class this thing up.
Luna and Artemis (voices)-Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill, because they make the perfect snarky, bickering couple.

_________________
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Feb 26, 2012
Posts: 611
Location: Cody - Wyoming
Gender: MALE
I only have one thing to say. Maybe a couple.

Honestly? As much as I love and always will love Sailor Moon - manga/anime/musicals/live-action - I truly do NOT want to see it made into a live-action Hollywood movie.

Video games and anime do NOT transition well into live action movies. Anybody remember Super Mario Bros.? Or that godawful piece of crap they titled Dragonball a couple years ago?

Nearly anytime Hollywood gets involved with books-to-movie or video games/anime-to-movie, it never ends well at all. They'll rip it apart, shred it to pieces and then build it back up again how they THINK it should go.

If it's a semi-original idea, they can do well. But books? Oh, man, don't get me STARTED on books...too late. I absolutely detest the Harry Potter films because they took a bunch of stuff out of the books, things that were actually important to the plot. Minor characters that I would have LOVED to see on screen never made it, like Peeves. ENTIRE storylines were completely left out or slashed to ribbons to make it shorter.

I'm STILL furiously angry about how badly Hollywood shredded apart Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire. "Hey! Great idea! Let's chuck out ANYTHING that might be of importance to the story, speed it up a bit, and take out ALL of the action scenes from the book, put even MORE action in it, and slap it all together!"

To this day, I can NOT bring myself to watch the 4th Harry Potter film because of how big of a train wreck it was.

*ahem* I digress.

Getting back on track --- no. Sailor Moon live action movie?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO.

Plus, these are ancient, ancient, ANCIENT rumors. I was still in high school when the rumor that Melissa Joan Hart was going to play Sailor Moon and Geena Davis wanted to do Queen Beryl.

For the love of god, I truly hope that a live action film never gets made.

(And before you say it, I actually LOVE the live action Sailor Moon. It works better as a tv series, and it seemed like they actually made an effort to care about the storyline and the characters.)

But give it to Hollywood?

They'll tear it apart so fast, it will not resemble Sailor Moon in the SLIGHTEST. They'll set it in New York City, give them super modern hairstyles, the actresses will be impossibly beautiful, Tuxedo Mask will be gorgeous, they'll get Michael Bay, and he'll explode everything, put car chases in, they'll probably pick an incredibly random enemy, like Queen Nehelenia, or it'll be a team effort of Beryl, Death Phantom, Queen Nehelenia, and the 4 Sisters of Sorrow, and Nehelenia and Demande will crawl all over each other and...and....oh yeah, fart jokes. Lots of fart jokes, maybe a pot reference thrown in.

Ugh. I'm getting sick just thinking of what Hollywood might do to the series.

~Small Lady Serenity

_________________
"Know thyself. Believe in thyself. And then, overcome thyself."

~ Taiitsukun, 'Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:39 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Sep 14, 2012
Posts: 72
Location: Madrid, Spain
What would have been the perfect and most decent casting choice:
Usagi/ Sailor Moon (Emily Osment),
Mamoru/ Tuxedo Kamen (Christoph Sanders),
Chibiusa/ Sailor Chibi Moon (Bella Thorne),
Rei/ Sailor Mars (Demi Lovato),
Makoto/ Sailor Jupiter (Miley Cyrus) (before her infamous pixie haircut),
Ami/ Sailor Mercury (Selena Gomez),
Minako/ Sailor Venus (Taylor Swift),
Luna (Anna Popplewell),
Artemis (Joseph Gordon-Levitt),
Hotaru/ Sailor Saturn (Debby Ryan),
Haruka/ Sailor Uranus (Keira Knightley),
Michiru/ Sailor Neptune (Daniella Monet).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:23 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 09, 2009
Posts: 267
Location: Reflection of the Sea and the Sun
i know they are older for Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus, but they look awesome:

Jennifer Garner and Milla Jovovish
Image
by jpenny18 his account on youtube

HOT!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Sep 24, 2008
Posts: 3582
Gender: Male
BurstKiller wrote:
My cast would be lot younger, probably around age 14-17 and would be unknowns so they could grow into the roles. As for setting, I would go for an anytown that emulate SM's Tokyo that can be placed anywhere. Maybe pick a city or town that can't be readily identified within three minutes. I would Moon as Asian to just for tradition and maybe Mars to keep the Shinto ties. If not, you could portray her as a new convert a la Lisa Simpson's conversion to Buddhism. The other Senshi have more leeway. In earlier thread on a another board, I came up with surnames that keep the Senshi's element theme in their names.

Mizuno Ami (Ami of Water) - Brook/Brooke, River, Bourne (British for stream), Lake, Arroyo (Spanish for stream)
Hino Rei (Rei of Fire) - Adair (named for oil firefighter Red Adair), Aiden/Aidan (Gealic/English for Fire)
Kino Makoto (Makoto of Trees) - Oak(s), Wood(s), Everwood, Redwood, Birch, etc.
Aino Minako (Minako of Love) - Love (she could nickname herself Miss/Ms. Love), Gold (derived from the Japanese of name for the planet Venus which use the kanji for gold)

Tenoh Haruka (Distant Wind King) - Sky/Skye, Ouranos (Greek name for Uranus, not to subtle though)
Kaioh Michiru (Rising Sea King) - Halloran (Irish for "Stranger of the Sea")
Meioh Setsuna (Distant Wind King) - Black, Delaney (Irish for "Dark Challenger"), Carey (Irish for "Dark One"), Eilan (Welsh for moment in time)
Tomoe Hotaru (To = "earth" Moe = "sprouting", Hotaru = "Firefly") - Talbot (Messenger of destruction)


Nice surnames but Makoto's Surname is like.... Pokémon LOL!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 71 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 09, 2009
Posts: 5
Location: CANADA
I know some of you will hate me for saying but still ...

I can see Lindsay Lohan being a funny cute clumsy Usagi Tsukino. :mrgreen: :D

_________________
Image
Image
"when beauty is reflected, beauty is perfected" - t.b


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
Anime/manga is full of Japanese characters who don't look like Japanese people. I think PGSM really pulled off having a cast of Japanese girls. I just think if they make everything westernized... then we lose everything I love about Sailor Moon. I don't want to have to endure another version where I have to listen to the characters talk like they belong in the Valley and I don't like having them have names that aren't actually theirs. Honestly, it's like what they did with Catwoman. She may have had the name Catwoman but she was absolutely nothing like the real Catwoman. If they use white actors it's no better than what people call "Saban Moon".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 41 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Posts: 584
Location: Solar System
foxfire wrote:
As to why they were all reborn in Japan... um... because that's how Naoko wanted it to be. I've yet to hear an actual answer for why a movie needs to be people of different races... why can't a movie star a cast of Japanese people?


Hm it is just hard to imagine an entire Japanese cast ^_^ if Naoko really wanted of them to have real Japanese origins she should have made them look like asians. Usagi can be asian as her normal self but as Sailor Moon? The wig and blue eye lences just wouldnt work because it would really look unnatural, even to hollywood standards. ^_^' And Sailor Moon or Sailor Venus with black hair :ninja: just unrecognizable and too far from original.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 57 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 31, 2007
Posts: 6
My cast would be lot younger, probably around age 14-17 and would be unknowns so they could grow into the roles. As for setting, I would go for an anytown that emulate SM's Tokyo that can be placed anywhere. Maybe pick a city or town that can't be readily identified within three minutes. I would Moon as Asian to just for tradition and maybe Mars to keep the Shinto ties. If not, you could portray her as a new convert a la Lisa Simpson's conversion to Buddhism. The other Senshi have more leeway. In earlier thread on a another board, I came up with surnames that keep the Senshi's element theme in their names.

Mizuno Ami (Ami of Water) - Brook/Brooke, River, Bourne (British for stream), Lake, Arroyo (Spanish for stream)
Hino Rei (Rei of Fire) - Adair (named for oil firefighter Red Adair), Aiden/Aidan (Gealic/English for Fire)
Kino Makoto (Makoto of Trees) - Oak(s), Wood(s), Everwood, Redwood, Birch, etc.
Aino Minako (Minako of Love) - Love (she could nickname herself Miss/Ms. Love), Gold (derived from the Japanese of name for the planet Venus which use the kanji for gold)

Tenoh Haruka (Distant Wind King) - Sky/Skye, Ouranos (Greek name for Uranus, not to subtle though)
Kaioh Michiru (Rising Sea King) - Halloran (Irish for "Stranger of the Sea")
Meioh Setsuna (Distant Wind King) - Black, Delaney (Irish for "Dark Challenger"), Carey (Irish for "Dark One"), Eilan (Welsh for moment in time)
Tomoe Hotaru (To = "earth" Moe = "sprouting", Hotaru = "Firefly") - Talbot (Messenger of destruction)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:43 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 09, 2009
Posts: 267
Location: Reflection of the Sea and the Sun
Da Games Elite wrote:
Just to say, I'm sure in an American SM they'd probably change the nationalities. Knowing our luck, we'd probably get a black Matoko, a Middle Eastern Rei, a Caucasian USagi and Minako, and only Ami will remain Asian... :P




Well, that probably true, but the are others planet that can use them for other nationality: DWARF PLANETS that can be use for New SailorsScout:
Sailor Haumea
Sailor Make Make
Sailor Eris
Sailor Pluto : DON't COUNT

Maybe for another movie or serie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
I've always found the "Why do the villains always attack Tokyo?" argument extremely weak and slightly unneccessary. They attack Tokyo because that's where the Silver Crystal is. It attracts them. It's like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. All the demons flock to Sunnydale because that's where the Hellmouth is.

As to why they were all reborn in Japan... um... because that's how Naoko wanted it to be. I've yet to hear an actual answer for why a movie needs to be people of different races... why can't a movie star a cast of Japanese people?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 09, 2009
Posts: 267
Location: Reflection of the Sea and the Sun
UM, well in my opinion:

All different country change their Character real names:

USAgi:........Mamoru:.....Makoto:.......Minako: and many more...
Bunny ....... Bourdu ...... Lita............Mina
Serena ...... Gonçalo ..... Marcy ........Mathilda
Annie ...... Darien ....... Maria ........Joanna

IF The serie or the movie is going to release in MANY COUNTRY(WORLDWIDE): well, in the dubbed they can use the same name they use in the anime dub.

SINCE the Japanese release PGSM , all cast are Asians(Because is obvious thAT sailorMoon is ORIGINAL OF jAPAN), they can do Another and very different version than the original: GIRLS of Different nation

Behind in my ideas:

The sailor Soldier were reborn on earth = But why everyone has to reborn in same places and same city? For this the Live Action series or maybe movie could put that each girls reborn different country...example: Rei from Tokyo, Ami Mizuno from Ireland(maybe other place), Lita(makoto) from Canada, Minako from London, and Usagi from Tokyo( Her father japanese and her mother is..., i don't know, has to be other nation so that Usagi can have blue eyes like her mom and HER REAL MOM(QUEEN SERENITY)...LOL!) Just my OPINION :roll:

The main city: Tokyo, Each girls move to japan for several reason(stupid reason): Ami Mizuno ( Her mom decide to move to tokyo because... Maybe she want to be a doctor of japan..LOL! or other reason. Lita(Makoto) their parents die and she has to live with her aunt in tokyo( i know that Makoto(PGSM) lives alone ) and Minako Aino now as Sailor V(artemis appear in london(NOT PLUSHIE)) move to tokio because she know that the enemy next attack would be Japan and She also know that the other Soldier will be in TOKYO because is their destiny....blah,blah,blah ...Luna appear in tokyo

The Villain: Why their are only attaking Japan? Maybe they can change as...example: They were attaking and searching the CRYSTAL in USA but for a long year they don't found anything that Queen Beryl decide to search in Mexico, next Australia and many more .. and Then THE NEXT TARGET is JAPAN(the place were the senshi are reveal)....

THis only mny idea...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:06 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
Why not cast all Asians?! I really don't get why people feel the need to place white actors in these roles. I think you lose everything that's great about Sailor Moon when you cast white people. It just doesn't work for me.

They all have to have new names, they can't wear the wigs (because it'll look silly because white people can have naturally blonde hair), it'll have to take place in the States (gag... Crystal LA much?!), and they'll all wear North American school uniforms (ACK!!).

I really think this is the main reason we haven't gotten a live-action Sailor Moon series here. Naoko meant for her story to be one that is rooted deeply in Japanese culture... I can't imagine watching Sailor Moon and seeing the Hollywood sign floating around in establishing shots.

That isn't to say that it would have to be all-Asian. Personally, I'd probably make Setsuna of another ethnicity and I'd probably cast a guy who is half-Asian as Mamoru (more attractive that way... sorry!)... that way both characters feel and look like outsiders to match their personalities. And no Chibi-Usa. The pink wig kills me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 78 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 05, 2009
Posts: 20
In my opinion, the Sailor Moon movie is not easy to cast. I do believe a Japanese-American actress can be cast as Sailor Mars. For Rei Hino is a Shinto Priestess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 75 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 29, 2009
Posts: 259
Location: in Endymion-sama's royal bedchamber ;)
Quote:
Those are all really old-ish actresses to be playing (at the most) 18-year-old characters.


I picked older actors/actresses cuz I'm afraid if they cast younger stars it would turn into a Disney "High School Musical" kinda movie ^_^' :eek:

I'd like the movie to be more manga based than the anime series and I think more mature aged actors could pull it off better...at least I hope they could :?

_________________
Image
May is Minako Month!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 89 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jan 28, 2008
Posts: 1432
Location: In Bill & Georg's arms <3
Theresthegirl wrote:
Sailor Moon - either Katie Cassidy or Laura Vandervoort. Katie is a strong female lead like she was in "Black Christmas" so she would work. Laura plays Supergirl on Smallville so she could handle being in a more action fueled role.

Sailor Venus - Blake Lively from Gossip Girl or Sara Paxton. Both are blond and could pull off being Mina

Sailor Mercury - Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls or Danielle Panabaker. Alexis' blue eyes and sweet face could pull of Amy's smile but Danielle could pull of the more serious side of Amy and her genius. Her role in "Sky High" made me think she could be a great Sailor Mercury.

Sailor Jupiter- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, the lead female actress in "Final Destination 3". I just think she would be a great Lita because she has the look and can bring a different dimension to Jupiter.

Sailor Mars- Kristen Kreuk, Summer Glau or Kristy Wu. Kristen is exotic and a purple belt in karate and Summer playing a cyborg on the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" means she is fit for an action role. Kristy Wu would please people who prefer an Asian actress even though she is Chinese but she played a potential Slayer on "Buffy" so she has some skill at being a fighter like Raye.

Tuxedo Mask - I would want a much older Darien since the "Sailor Scouts" are a little older than 14 in my cast so I would pick either Chris Pine, who is the new Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movie, or Drew Fuller aka Chris on "Charmed". Both of them have amazing blue eyes just like Darien and have a little action experience under their belt. Chris could pull of Darien's charm and Drew would be perfect to show Darien's loner persona and the animosity he and Serena share reminds me of Drew's role as Chris.

Those are the majors of course. Not sure about the Outer Senshi roles or villains but if covered The Dark Kingdom arc...definitely Uma Thurman as Beryl :wink:


PERFECT! *_* Especially Blair for Minako, I've always thought she could totally do the job! ^_^ Eh, but Mamo-chan...hmm, I dunno who I'd cast...no one else seems perfect enough as him. :love:

_________________
PRINCESS IS BACK!
Image
Can someone really be that beautiful? :love:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:56 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
I find she's a little too glam for Rei now and she's matured into the Michiru-type. I have a feeling if they ever did get to doing a live-action (and it was faithful) most of the Inners would be at least part Asian while the Outers would look full-on Asian. Maybe. Here's hoping. With the exception of Jennifer Garner, I haven't seen a lot of girls capable of pulling off drastic looks with wigs (I'd hate to see a Sailor Moon movie and see Ami with bull**** blue streaks in her hair... I want a full-wig for her Sailor Soldier mode!!! Like PGSM).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 93 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Posts: 7928
Location: Setsuna-sama's secret bedroom
foxfire wrote:
She is Rei. I found that she shifted so easily into it because of her love of Sailor Moon and her devotion to acting. I think that she's a really good example of someone who is really dedicated to becoming a good actor. A lot of the Sailor Moon actresses (from Myu and PGSM) used it mostly as a platform for "fame" (some doing gravure modeling while others did other musicals) while Keiko is probably the biggest success... at least that I've heard of. Although, I wish Chieco Kawabe would come out with new songs. I love her music.


Exactly. In the Making of/Behind the scenes, Keiko-sama mentioned that she used to read the manga and watched the anime. She knows the source material, and advances on it. :love: Such a talent. The others are great too, and obviously loved what they did with PGSM, even if the original mind set was platform jumping.

foxfire wrote:
But Keiko's getting older and I don't think she'd pull of high school as well... although I'd love her as Neptune. She'd be perfect.


Time will tell, I think where she is now, she can do Rei. Who knows down the line. Seeing her as Michiru though....very yummy thought. :blush:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
She is Rei. I found that she shifted so easily into it because of her love of Sailor Moon and her devotion to acting. I think that she's a really good example of someone who is really dedicated to becoming a good actor. A lot of the Sailor Moon actresses (from Myu and PGSM) used it mostly as a platform for "fame" (some doing gravure modeling while others did other musicals) while Keiko is probably the biggest success... at least that I've heard of. Although, I wish Chieco Kawabe would come out with new songs. I love her music.

But Keiko's getting older and I don't think she'd pull of high school as well... although I'd love her as Neptune. She'd be perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 93 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Posts: 7928
Location: Setsuna-sama's secret bedroom
foxfire wrote:
If Keiko Kitagawa was a couple years younger... I'd recast her as Mars. She's probably my favourite Mars, ever. And that's saying a lot considering how many I've seen in the Myu (Kanda Eri was also really good!!).


Since Keiko-sama entered the U.S. motion picture scene already(even if such a small part) I'd say recasting her as Rei would be 100% cool with me. Now I'm being biased. :tongue: :love:

Kanda Eri is amazing too! But Keiko-sama.....ever since PGSM and Dear Friends, I've been sold on her(not to mention, in love...). She's my Rei-chan, and always will be. :love:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
Alexis Bledel has no emotion to her face or voice. I've seen snippets of Gilmore Girls and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants... and she was horrible in Sin City. I just don't like her. Gah. Lol.

Yes, I am biased towards Hilary Duff but I wouldn't want her in a role I know she couldn't handle. I think she'd do a perfect rendition of Minako... energetic, girly and slightly ditzy. Duff's never really done a role that was similar to Minako before and I'd love to see her in an action role.

If Keiko Kitagawa was a couple years younger... I'd recast her as Mars. She's probably my favourite Mars, ever. And that's saying a lot considering how many I've seen in the Myu (Kanda Eri was also really good!!).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 93 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Posts: 7928
Location: Setsuna-sama's secret bedroom
foxfire wrote:
Those are all really old-ish actresses to be playing (at the most) 18-year-old characters. I mostly don't agree with a lot of those casting choices because of their age... and some of their talent/looks (I think Alexis Bledel is a REALLY bad actress).


Alexis Bledel isn't that bad. But I can't stand her in Gilmore Girls. :x The dialogue on that show pisses me off for some reason...

foxfire wrote:
That said, I'd love Hilary Duff to be Sailor Venus. But that's just me.


What a biased choice. ^_- :keke: But seriously, that would be interesting. Just no current Disney Channel girls. Yes, I do like some of them, but casting them as Sailor Moon would be cliche and out of place. Unknowns are the way to go. :love:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 91 months ago
inactive
Joined: May 24, 2009
Posts: 1331
Those are all really old-ish actresses to be playing (at the most) 18-year-old characters. I mostly don't agree with a lot of those casting choices because of their age... and some of their talent/looks (I think Alexis Bledel is a REALLY bad actress).

I think if there's ever a SM movie. They all need to be relatively unknowns. And preferably mostly Asian or Asian-looking. Or they'd all have names like Serena, Lita and Michelle. I don't like the dub names. They just don't work. There's nothing wrong with having a North American movie featuring Asian stars. Not every character should be white in movies. So what if their anime/manga counterparts look white... the anime/manga works so well because of its reliance on it being Japanese. What are they going to call Crystal Tokyo? Crystal Los Angeles? Gag me with a spoon.

That said, I'd love Hilary Duff to be Sailor Venus. But that's just me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Hollywood Film: Who would you cast?
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:52 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 41 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Posts: 584
Location: Solar System
Theresthegirl wrote:
Sailor Moon - either Katie Cassidy or Laura Vandervoort. Katie is a strong female lead like she was in "Black Christmas" so she would work. Laura plays Supergirl on Smallville so she could handle being in a more action fueled role.

Sailor Venus - Blake Lively from Gossip Girl or Sara Paxton. Both are blond and could pull off being Mina

Sailor Mercury - Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls or Danielle Panabaker. Alexis' blue eyes and sweet face could pull of Amy's smile but Danielle could pull of the more serious side of Amy and her genius. Her role in "Sky High" made me think she could be a great Sailor Mercury.

Sailor Jupiter- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, the lead female actress in "Final Destination 3". I just think she would be a great Lita because she has the look and can bring a different dimension to Jupiter.

Sailor Mars- Kristen Kreuk, Summer Glau or Kristy Wu. Kristen is exotic and a purple belt in karate and Summer playing a cyborg on the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" means she is fit for an action role. Kristy Wu would please people who prefer an Asian actress even though she is Chinese but she played a potential Slayer on "Buffy" so she has some skill at being a fighter like Raye.

Tuxedo Mask - I would want a much older Darien since the "Sailor Scouts" are a little older than 14 in my cast so I would pick either Chris Pine, who is the new Captain Kirk in the "Star Trek" movie, or Drew Fuller aka Chris on "Charmed". Both of them have amazing blue eyes just like Darien and have a little action experience under their belt. Chris could pull of Darien's charm and Drew would be perfect to show Darien's loner persona and the animosity he and Serena share reminds me of Drew's role as Chris.

Those are the majors of course. Not sure about the Outer Senshi roles or villains but if covered The Dark Kingdom arc...definitely Uma Thurman as Beryl :wink:


Good casting :ohmy: maybe I would pick somebody else for Sailor Venus but I could see almost everyone else in the movie.
Drew as Mamoru can pass, however, there are many actors that I could see as potential Mamo-chan it is such a tough choice. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 12 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator