Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: What would you want to change in the series?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
That might be what I'd tweak. Keep the basic plots but make most (not all) of the fights and monsters more threatening.

Yes. That would make the series better.

SuperS and Stars had many episodes where the MOTD did absolutely nothing like Kero Kero Musume or Toge Toge Jo.

doctorwho29 wrote:
That is true. I like those last three seasons but more variety in plot would have been nice. Give each Witch a different goal or method maybe. Not sure what to do in SuperS and Stars but other plots could have happened. Maybe at least one member of the Trio would not focus on Pegasus and instead focus on researching and destroying their enemies like Kunzite did. That might have been a way to go. As for the Amazoness Quartet...they really worked as lazy good for nothings so I just think make their individual mirror hunting methods distinct.

May be get rid of them? Like you said. They were good for nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
That is true. I like those last three seasons but more variety in plot would have been nice. Give each Witch a different goal or method maybe. Not sure what to do in SuperS and Stars but other plots could have happened. Maybe at least one member of the Trio would not focus on Pegasus and instead focus on researching and destroying their enemies like Kunzite did. That might have been a way to go. As for the Amazoness Quartet...they really worked as lazy good for nothings so I just think make their individual mirror hunting methods distinct.

May be get rid of them? Like you said. They were good for nothing.
Except that they were more entertaining in their personalities than the trio were. The trio just did the same schtick over and over, whereas the quartet despite having no successes were at least more adept in their variety.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:19 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
]Except that they were more entertaining in their personalities than the trio were. The trio just did the same schtick over and over, whereas the quartet despite having no successes were at least more adept in their variety.

Exactly. The Quartet was very funny. This show is about more than action. It's also meant to be entertaining

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:43 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
Exactly. The Quartet was very funny. This show is about more than action. It's also meant to be entertaining

So would you make SuperS season in general entertainingly darker or funnier?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:56 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
rgveda99 wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:

So would you make SuperS season in general entertainingly darker or funnier?

In a way...both. It's hard to say really. I enjoyed the humor of the monsters but then again Joker is a threat while being entertaining. So maybe retain their humor but also up the aggressiveness.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Personally I like the 90s anime as it is even with all the flaws and I don't know that anything should be changed. I think the flaws help make the show more interesting than if it was the "perfect" anime and let's face it that we wouldn't have as half as many stuff to talk about without the flaws.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: Guardian Angel Fairy
Neon Genesis wrote:
Personally I like the 90s anime as it is even with all the flaws and I don't know that anything should be changed. I think the flaws help make the show more interesting than if it was the "perfect" anime and let's face it that we wouldn't have as half as many stuff to talk about without the flaws.

I pretty much have to agree, I think the 90's anime is fine the way it is. It may not have been a more direct adaptation that follows the manga's storyline closely, but I can appreciate it as its own entity.

July is Chibi Chibi Month! :chibichibi:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:51 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: just forum married
Yes.I wouldn't want to change anything although I'm mostly shipping unpopular pairings

I used to want to completely remove uranus,neptune and saturn.I even argued a lot with most haruka fans in the sm forum i used to visit :/ it was 12 years ago.I think i'm matured now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:32 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
litacan wrote:
Yes.I wouldn't want to change anything although I'm mostly shipping unpopular pairings

I used to want to completely remove uranus,neptune and saturn.I even argued a lot with most haruka fans in the sm forum i used to visit :/ it was 12 years ago.I think i'm matured now.

I somewhat agree with you when it comes to Neptune and Uranus. Esp Uranus. Not trying to start an argument here but I find her pretty unlikeable at least in S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:56 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
octoberair90 wrote:
litacan wrote:

I somewhat agree with you when it comes to Neptune and Uranus. Esp Uranus. Not trying to start an argument here but I find her pretty unlikeable at least in S.
If y'all don't like Uranus's personality, then that's something worth wanting to see changed. ;)

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
octoberair90 wrote:
litacan wrote:

That's quite understandable since :haruka: & :mihiru: were at their worst in Episode 126.

:tuxspeedomask: didn't even bother helping. :confused:

The only thing good about this episode was :usagi: being a competent fighter and proving herself to be the rightful ruler and having this childish Civil War lasting only a few minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
rgveda99 wrote:
That's quite understandable since :haruka: & :mihiru: were at their worst in Episode 126.

It was a matter of personal honor. For Tuxedo Mask or any of the Inners to have interfered would have been a disservice to Sailor Moon, as it was her fight, her chance to prove herself to Uranus and Neptune as being worthy of being their princess. Up until that point, Uranus and Neptune's loyalties to the Moon Kingdom had been strained, with their constantly acting out their own agenda on their own. They knew of their princess and their need to protect her, but the sanctity of the world came first to them, and when their own princess had seemingly handed the world over to the enemy on a silver platter, they felt betrayed. This battle was Sailor Moon's one chance to regain their loyalties to her, and she had to do it alone, without any help. Any help from her friends would have supported Uranus's and Neptune's belief that their princess was incompetent and foolish, incapable of doing the right thing by herself and unworthy of being their princess. Thus, Moon had to fight this fight on her own, which Tuxedo Mask fully understood by stopping the others from helping her.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:57 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

It was a matter of personal honor. For Tuxedo Mask or any of the Inners to have interfered would have been a disservice to Sailor Moon, as it was her fight, her chance to prove herself to Uranus and Neptune as being worthy of being their princess. Up until that point, Uranus and Neptune's loyalties to the Moon Kingdom had been strained, with their constantly acting out their own agenda on their own. They knew of their princess and their need to protect her, but the sanctity of the world came first to them, and when their own princess had seemingly handed the world over to the enemy on a silver platter, they felt betrayed. This battle was Sailor Moon's one chance to regain their loyalties to her, and she had to do it alone, without any help. Any help from her friends would have supported Uranus's and Neptune's belief that their princess was incompetent and foolish, incapable of doing the right thing by herself and unworthy of being their princess. Thus, Moon had to fight this fight on her own, which Tuxedo Mask fully understood by stopping the others from helping her.

Thank you SO MUCH for this, Sabrblade! You really illuminated the reasons behind this fight on ALL sides. I wish more fans could be as well-rounded and open-minded as you, particularly when it comes to understanding characters' motivations.

As you so clearly explained, Uranus and Neptune had very good reasons for challenging Sailor Moon, and Tuxedo Mask had very good reasons for preventing the Inners from interfering. Anyone who holds the events of this episode against Uranus and Neptune (or Tuxedo Mask) is really demonstrating his or her inability to understand the meaning behind the events.

John: gay conservative, Sera Myu addict, student of Japanese, writer, figure skater, hockey lover, video gamer, Digimon fan, and proud American. #MAGA

Let's go Sharks!

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:22 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
John wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Thank you SO MUCH for this, Sabrblade! You really illuminated the reasons behind this fight on ALL sides. I wish more fans could be as well-rounded and open-minded as you, particularly when it comes to understanding characters' motivations.

As you so clearly explained, Uranus and Neptune had very good reasons for challenging Sailor Moon, and Tuxedo Mask had very good reasons for preventing the Inners from interfering. Anyone who holds the events of this episode against Uranus and Neptune (or Tuxedo Mask) is really demonstrating his or her inability to understand the meaning behind the events.

Indeed. I never fully understood the episode until now but I got it well enough to like it. In fact, I've argued it should have ended the S season instead of the one that actually did.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Sabrblade wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

i gotta agree with you there that was how i felt watching the episode myself and as one person already stated it showed Usagi to be a very competent fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
John wrote:

Oh, get the reasons, but that doesn't mean I have to "like" the reasons. :tongue:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Ultimately I think it all comes down to Usagi's virtue based ethics or Haruka and Michiru's moral consequentialism and which school of moral philosophy you hold to but this is an old debate in philosophy known as the trolley dilemma that doesn't have any easy answers to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:19 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I would make solo adventures with just one Senshi be a regular occurrence every few episodes. That'd make things a bit more interesting. Also, I'd make Chibi Moon teach the other Senshi how to transform in less than 10 seconds since she's somehow the only one who's able to do it so quickly. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:48 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
GTAB wrote:
I would make solo adventures with just one Senshi be a regular occurrence every few episodes. That'd make things a bit more interesting. Also, I'd make Chibi Moon teach the other Senshi how to transform in less than 10 seconds since she's somehow the only one who's able to do it so quickly. :lol:

That's not a bad idea. It would certainly shake up the trend of Usagi killing pretty much everything

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12