Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drawbacks and suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 77 months ago
inactive
hmmmm if i could change any thing about the anime:

1.i would make superS more like the manga with less chibiusa
2.the other senshi would be mega powerful like in the manga & would kill some of the villains & monsters on their own
3.venus would be the leader of the inners just like she was in the manga
4.we get to see the other senshi in their eternal form as well as their princess dresses
5.makoto & minako would each get an individual episode when they get their new powers cause its not fair that ami & rei did & they had to share those 2 episodes & the first one wasnt even about them :x

Post subject: If sailormoon had a new anime...
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 102 months ago
inactive
Would you want it to be remade like the manga?
Closer to the manga?
No more monster of the day almost every episode and no more transformation/attack sequences every episode?
Completely different?
A continuation of the story...?
Redo some parts of the series?
etc ideas?
Or rather what would you want to happen?
Or one of each?
Or everything?
LOL but I don't think sailormoon is as popular as it once was right..? or is it? I wonder if they do it a continuation that is will Naoko continue the manga first herself or will Toei actually make up a storyline themselves the Nehelenia storyline in stars was actually pretty good.

Post subject: Re: If sailormoon had a new anime...
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Copying my post on another thread, which actually should belong here rather than to that thread:

Maybe she[Takeuchi]'d make the main characters matured, adult ones, if not creating completely new ones?

There's no point to "repeat" those existing characters as schoolgirls (they could become undergrads, tho, but I hope they'd become young, working women).

And regarding your questions:

Would you want it to be remade like the manga? [Checked]
Closer to the manga? [Checked]
No more monster of the day almost every episode and no more transformation/attack sequences every episode? [Checked]
Completely different? [Substantially, but not completely, different]
A continuation of the story...? [Checked]
Redo some parts of the series? [Checked]
etc ideas? [Adaptation of the storylines of the musicals]

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

Post subject: Re: What would you want to change in the series?
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:50 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
moonbeam wrote:
Closer to the manga?

I'm afraid I would nearly hate it if it was like the manga ^_^'
*zooms off*

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:22 pm 
inactive
The thing I like about the show that I wouldn't want to change is stories they have nice stories they always have character development. That I liked. The manga was dark which was good. So I wish it had more darkness. But mostly I just don't like having a monster everyday, I especially liked it when neptune and uranus killed the enemy in the first episode of S that was a nice change and jupiter killing that monster. It's so annoying seeing sailormoon have to use her rod for every monster and a monster everyday? Aren't those minions a little smarter after the first few tries? And it would more sense to make a dozen monsters at once or something. That's more realistic. The baddies should be a little smarter that would make the show more interesting. Sailormoon in the manga was sometimes a little stiff. The anime one is more relatable.
The stories of the manga were more interesting. But I'm sure if Toei wanted to they could have made the anime more plot driven instead of monster by the day and flashiness.
I would want to see outers in a lot more and some episodes dedicated to them. Especially pluto and saturn. Saturn should get a transformation sequence. And they should make new animation sequences for everyone and they should all get a upgrade or two every season. They should have never kept the outers out of supers and definitelty use them as background extras in stars.
I want to not have to see the inners use the same attack for 3 seasons one or two new attacks each season would have been nice. Don't keep using the elaborate transformation or attack sequences a faster attack after the first time or what not. Because the monsters would never WAIT for sailormoon to twirl for 3 minutes and not attack her. Nor would they let jupiter transform and not attack her while she's at it etc. It's good the first time but after a while it seems a little silly the monster would actually let themselves be killed.

I might have more...but for now these are at the top of my head.

Post subject: Re: If sailormoon had a new anime...
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:48 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 96 months ago
inactive
moonbeam wrote:
Closer to the manga?

Had you asked me the first question a few months ago, I would have said hell yes. For a while, I was under the impression that I disliked the anime because it was so different from the manga. But after seeing some episodes of the anime, I changed my mind. Which brings me to the answer to the second question: Yes, I do wish that some of the things could have been kept closer to the manga.

Here are some manga things that I wish could have been in the anime.

-Sailor Venus's past from Codename: Sailor V, mainly what happened with Ace Kaitou.
-The outers in SuperS. I haven't watched all of SuperS, but I know enough to know that it needed the outers. Desperately. A bit less Chibiusa probably would have been nice, too.
-On the topic of the outers in SuperS, maybe a little more focus on Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna raising Hotaru. I find it kind of odd that she was reborn at the end of S, given to Professor Tomoe, and wasn't taken away until the beginning of Stars. After she was under the care of the outer senshi, she grew at a rapid pace. I don't understand why she stayed the same age throughout all of SuperS, and then didn't start her growth spurt until Stars.
-Artemis and Diana's human forms, as well as Luna getting a permanent one, and not just a one time thing for the movie.
-The Sailor Quartet. 'Nuff said.
-The Sailor Princesses, and Small Lady's pink dress in the manga. Much more original than giving her the same dress as Princess Serenity.
-The senshi's "eternal" forms. It's not fair that Sailor Moon got her "eternal" outfit, but the others didn't. They all looked so cool with the white boots and the puffy sleeves.
-Sailor Kakyuu would have been really cool.
-Perhaps Sailor Cosmos? I'm not sure, though. Sailor Cosmos kind of goes against a point I'm going to make later.
-I'd like to see more of the side stories animated. The only ones to be adapted were "Ami's First Love" and to an extent, the first of "Chibiusa's Picture Diaries". (Called "Chibiusa's Adventure" in the anime, and adapted to fit the SuperS timeline, since the original took place during R.) I'd like to see the other Picture Diaries, Exam Battles, and Casablanca Memory animated. (Casablanca Memory because maybe in an anime version, I could make sense out of what happened. :dead:)

However, there are some things from the anime that I prefer over the manga, so here's the list of things in the anime that I would have liked as changes to the manga.

-Sailor Venus's past in the anime. I know, I said that I wished that the Codename: Sailor V past was in there, but I also really liked the idea of Minako fighting evil in England for a while. Maybe Ace Kaitou could have been a British guy? That would have been cool.
-The way Black Lady turned back into Chibiusa. I felt that her parent's love was a much sweeter way to change her than Pluto's death. Don't get me wrong, Pluto's death was emotional, but...I just prefer the sweeter version.
-Nehellenia. It's kind of cool how in the manga, she's like an evil version of Queen Serenity, but I prefer the sad little girl who was seduced by her own beauty.
-Galaxia. Though this goes against my wanting to see Sailor Cosmos in the anime, I really preferred how in the anime,
Sailor Galaxia was originally good but turned evil. In the manga, she was just very power hungry.

I'm sure that there's more about the anime that I prefer, but I don't know it yet because I haven't watched the whole thing. ^_^' If they could have kept in some of the manga elements that I listed, as well as some of the anime elements that I listed, the anime would have been perfect to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:09 pm 
inactive
It was nice but after watching sailormoon for 3 seasons it was a nice change in supers to focus on chibiusa. To be honest I didn't really understand saturn it was confusing because pluto was about death and then saturn was about destruction. I would have liked to see them raise her as well. At the same time I would have liked to see more of them. To me saturn was interesting. I would have liked to see her more than being a plot device in S though. Saturn was odd in that she was a soldier but yet she wanted to bring destruction maybe I just don't get her storyline but that makes no sense.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 90 months ago
inactive
The biggest thing I would change would be to move the series away from its rather mundane monster-of-the-day plots and move it forward more in terms of long-term characterization. I find it really annoying how they'd randomly include episodes about how Ami's good at being a mechanic... but it does nothing for her character long-term.

Something that also really bugs me is that they're really bad with character selection... they didn't bring back the Outers and when they did they hardly got any screen time... maybe the producers felt they didn't need the Outers around because they had the Starlights who were clones of the Outers (in terms of personality anyway). And Makoto got shafted when it came to ANY kind of cool episodes (she had to share some with Minako...).

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:46 am 
inactive
^^ agreed. Sometimes the episodes are so pointless. Some episodes are interesting and actually develop the character but that is one of the examples of a waste of a actual good episode. Also another thing is to me coupling up people when they shoudn't been together like Zoisite and Kunzite or however you spell them. I thought that was odd and uncomfortable. Sure Zoi was feminine or whatever but that doesn't mean he has to be in love with his adviser that and same thing with Fisheye so he's a feminine and maybe dresses like a woman but making him in love with men was weird especially when in both instances these characters never even were made to be homosexual in the original not that I know of anyway. I'm okay with Uranus and Neptune because it almost feels like it was meant to be and sometimes I forget Uranus is a woman, but that was in the manga the others are not from the manga but feel weird. I don't know maybe because lesbians feel more interesting. But I didn't like how they dealt with it. Another thing is I wish the storylines would somehow connect or have bits that carry over from each episode. It's nice to have an episode of growth but if it's just boring stories it's not so great. If they ever remade it I would hope they make the story more accurate within itself even if they don't follow the manga to a T.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 am 
inactive
I loved Zoisite and Kunzite as a couple! I thought they were really cute... and it's part of the charm of the anime. I love that the series is full of gays, lesbians and transvestites! It's a really interesting place where you can see all kinds of people mashed together. It's more realistic that way.

I do think that they'd so a lot more cliffhanger-ish parts to the anime if they were to redo it. I find that a lot of the modern cartoons out nowadays does have overarching plots and two-part episodes. While I don't watch a lot of anime, I felt Inuyasha was very successful at extending plots. While cliffhangers are dreadfully annoying, they keep you hooked!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There is not a lot I would change about the Sailor Moon series. Overall, I like how the anime and manga compliment each other. However, I definitely would spice up the first part of the SuperS anime season with some more action and suspense.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:29 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
I just don't really know what I would change, but I wouldn't have had the last two episodes of the first season edited into one for censorship.

We want used games on Xbox 720 and PS4(Facebook Page)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:50 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I was thinking just now how All the senshi except for the Inners had something "special" about them when it came to starseeds, dream mirrors, talismens. So I would give something "special" in one of these for them to have or wouldve switched up the talismens (like have Neptune, Jupiter, Mercury have the talismens or something or add more). They were always targeted for these but were always useless.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:24 am 
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
I was thinking just now how All the senshi except for the Inners had something "special" about them when it came to starseeds, dream mirrors, talismens. So I would give something "special" in one of these for them to have or wouldve switched up the talismens (like have Neptune, Jupiter, Mercury have the talismens or something or add more). They were always targeted for these but were always useless.

I don't get what you mean....

But I'd hate if the Inners had weapons. I probably wouldn't like Sailor Moon as much if they did. I hated that in PGSM they got their Power Rangers-esque weapons. It's just so overdone and typical of the magical girl genre to have weapons that look plastic and are easily reproduced for consumers to buy. I liked that the Outers had weapons based off of an actual myth and that they looked cool and not plastic. :D

But since you mentionned targeting... I'd eliminate all that. For three seasons, the plot revolved around targeting humans to get their heart crystal, dream mirror and star seed. Like we really have space inside our bodies to fit all that stuff (yes, I know it's metaphorical but whatever). It got stale after S, to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:37 am 
Luna
Luna
foxfire wrote:
NeoJupiter wrote:

I don't get what you mean....

Whats not to get?

Sailor Moon had the best starseed

The Outers had the talismens inside of their heart crystals

Rini had the special dream mirror that was hiding Helios

Its not about the Inners having any weapons, its about them always being uselss when it came to these things. But I agree that I would eliminate the whole starseed/dream mirror/heart crystal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 am 
inactive
They didn't need any of those things. It almost makes them more special without them. After all, could you imagine how annoying it is lugging around those talismans (trust me... when I put on my iPod and dance around pretending to be Sailor Uranus with my pirate sword... it kind of gets annoying). :P I'd rather not have the Ginzouishou too... I wouldn't want that kind of power and responsibility. But I'd like to be around it for vain purposes (I want to be gorgeous and live 1000 years). :P The Inners don't have as much on their shoulders AND they still get to reep (did I spell that right?) the benefits of the Ginzouishou.

But it's just an anime problem, obviously. The Inners had heart crystals (although it was different), weapons (Mercury's harp, Mars' arrow, Jupiter's oak wreath, Venus' love-me-chain) and some had their own guardians (Venus and Mars specifically).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:07 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 33 months ago
inactive
If I could choose something to change, I'd say add some hand-to-hand combat. Take a page from the first season of Pretty Cure, they had pretty good fight scenes. =^_^=

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 am 
Luna
Luna
More hand to hand would have been nice.

ANd this is just something tiny, but really, did Princess Serenity--Neo Queen Serenity--Small Lady all have to have the same dress? The only new thing about NQS was the tiara and wings. Wish they had been a bit more original in their designs in that area.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 am 
inactive
They should have made Small Lady's dress like her manga counterpart's... more pink and frilly. :D Then again, they should have made a lot of things more like the manga. But what are you going to do?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:05 am 
Umm... off the top of my head I would've made SuperS more like the manga, which was awesome. And make Mamoru more like his manga counterpart as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:32 am 
Luna
Luna
Anoter thing I would probably change is leaving Rini out for a season. She was an ok charecter but she took up valuable story time for 3 seasons in a row. Probably would have left her out of S even though her friendship was Hotaru was nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:45 am 
inactive
She was only in half of S though....

Personally, I think the series would have benefitted greatly from the 26 episode per "season" rule that seems to be popular these days. It would have crunched the overarching plot and made it more uniform and seamless with less filler episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:57 am 
Luna
Luna
but she was still there in the end which is the point. She more or less played a major part for 3 seasons in a row and I would have preferred it if they just gave that to another main charecter.

But I agree with the 26 episodes per season, wouldve cut down on all the filler episodes which is always a great thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 92 months ago
inactive
foxfire wrote:
She was only in half of S though....

Personally, I think the series would have benefitted greatly from the 26 episode per "season" rule that seems to be popular these days. It would have crunched the overarching plot and made it more uniform and seamless with less filler episodes.

It's true that fillers are unforgivable. In my opinion, Sailor Moon gets away with it. The fillers are fun and entertaining. With Sailor Moon anime, I would like more, not less. Even if Chibiusa meets another Water Horse lol. Point is, anime like DBZ and Naruto have fillers that surpass the amount of episodes the original season of Sailor Moon had. Very insulting. The Sailor Moon anime knew how to control it's fillers, while keeping the main plot in tact. Plus, Sailor Moon anime knew when to end it's story. I never felt the series dragged on at all, but that's just me. At 200 episodes, with different amounts of episodes within each "season", everything came together nicely.

Would I mind a non-filler Sailor Moon anime series? Absolutely not. Then it would resemble the manga's solid pacing. Either way, I'm satisfied.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:13 am 
inactive
I don't have too much knowledge of any other anime... >.< considering any cartoons based off of comics these days tend to not base themselves too close to their actual counterparts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:22 am 
inactive
foxfire wrote:
I don't have too much knowledge of any other anime... >.< considering any cartoons based off of comics these days tend to not base themselves too close to their actual counterparts.

:keke: This is true. With American comics, a lot of things change for their animated shows. I just hope that if Wonder Woman ever gets an animated show, it tries to be faithful. With the animated movie being so great, I'm not too worried about 1/2 of my lifetime champions.

As for Sailor Moon, I take it as a blessing that all the incarnations are unique and different. All of them came out winners, it just comes down to what you prefer most. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:24 am 
Luna
Luna
well comics in general have a lot of different stories and series unlike mangas that are more self contained thus why a lot of liberties are taken when adapting comics.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:37 am 
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
well comics in general have a lot of different stories and series unlike mangas that are more self contained thus why a lot of liberties are taken when adapting comics.

In my case, they got it right (imo) for my heroine the first time in her solo adventure animated film. Just hope they follow up and expand on it, so we get something even better next time. Throughout the Justice League however, a lot of liberties were indeed taken. But that's to be expected for characters of several different origins and stories.

Manga is smaller, and unlike comics, each series eventually ends(well, most of the time compared to American comics). I prefer manga for this reason.

One legendary story >>>>>>>>> Several rehashed stories.

American comics and their series' can go on forever like the newspaper funnies. Which be a good or bad thing(good in my case for WW or She Hulk) but, with Sailor Moon, the manga series is perfectly set in stone at 18 volumes and is just as memorable as a 40+ year American comic series.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:13 am 
inactive
The main problem with American comics is exactly what you mentionned... a huge history! With comics like Superman and Wonder Woman, they had to be rebooted towards the end of the 80s because of their extensive and complicated history (THANK GOD!! Wondy's pre-crisis history was a little too rooted into misogyny). That said, when you have team books like X-Men, you really get a diverse and touching history. It's probably one of the few comic books with a comprehensive timeline (sort of... there are timelines which have messed with continuity) and they have such a great cast of characters who help to really move the plot along. That said, they've killed Magneto off several times and he keeps coming back... at least when Beryl gets killed she doesn't come back (unless you count the musicals :P).

Speaking of X-Men, I once read a fanfic crossover between Sailor Moon and the X-Men... it featured the X-Men heading over to Tokyo where they met the Senshi and helped them fight off a new faction of the Black Moon clan. It was on a site which offered great pictures while you read. It was awesome. Normally I don't like crossovers with Sailor Moon but this one worked. I'd also really love to see a Wonder Woman/Sailor Moon crossover... Ares and Galaxia have created an alliance to take over the world (although Galaxia is secretly trying to destroy it) while Circe has revived Queen Beryl to work against them... it's up to Wonder Woman and the Sailor Team to stop them! Haha. That'd be cool.

Ooh... has anyone ever read the fan-made manga for Sailor Moon on sailorenergy.net? I especially love the one of the Sailor Senshi vs. the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It was REALLY good. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an animated piece on that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
NeoJupiter wrote:
But I agree that I would eliminate the whole starseed/dream mirror/heart crystal
So, basically, you want S, SuperS and Stars eliminated... :neutral:

For me, it would be nice if anime SuperS was a little more like manga SuperS... and if manga classic, R, S and Stars would be more like anime classic, R, S, Stars...
Or it might be even better if they had absolutely nothing in common ^_^ After all, they are so contradicted that no canon can be made out of them both, so I'd rather they were completely different stories of Sailor Moon :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next