Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: What would you want to change in the series?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 86 months ago
inactive
The reason why the first two seasons were so solid with their storytelling was because the enemy's plans (and numbers) changed frequently throughout the season. For example, they had several different objectives (and arcs) during the first series and it had the most episodes (46):

- Jadeite's Arc: Gathering energy, finding more Sailor Senshi
- Nephlite's Arc: Naru's romance, tainting people with evil energy
- Zoisite's Arc: Retrieving the Rainbow Crystals
- Evil Endymion/Kunzite's Arc: Finding the Princess and retrieving the Ginzouishou

Even the second series had several different arcs:

- Hell Tree Arc: Gathering energy for the Hell Tree, reawakening the Senshi and Mamoru's memories
- Black Moon Sisters Arc: Arrival of Chibi-Usa, retrieval of "Rabbit", healing the sisters, defeating Rubeus
- Esmeraude's Arc: Gathering energy
(Halfway through Esmeraude's arc began the [mostly] exposition and conclusion of the series)

Then we got to the S series where the enemy was doing the same exact thing every episode. Stealing Heart Crystals. It wasn't as bad as SuperS, per se, because it had Uranus/Neptune's storyline, Chibi-Usa's arrival (part deux) and Hotaru's storyline. SuperS however felt like one big long dragging storyline of repetition... no new Senshi, no B plot (as S had had) and the villains were so incompetant. Stars was obviously more compact as well having benefited from the Nehelenia episodes at the start to really force the plot of the rest of the series to really come together in a shorter amount of episodes (I love that the conclusion takes place over SEVERAL episodes).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 50 months ago
inactive
foxfire wrote:
Then we got to the S series where the enemy was doing the same exact thing every episode. Stealing Heart Crystals. It wasn't as bad as SuperS, per se, because it had Uranus/Neptune's storyline, Chibi-Usa's arrival (part deux) and Hotaru's storyline.

It also has two arcs: seeking talismans (up to Eugeal's death) and trying to awaken the messiah of Silence. This is the main bad thing about the SuperS; it's all about finding Pegasus. It's the only season with only one mission of the enemies, which makes it the least interesting season, IMO, by far.

Last edited by Mamo-chan on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:27 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Summertime Senshi
Mamo-chan wrote:
foxfire wrote:
Then we got to the S series where the enemy was doing the same exact thing every episode. Stealing Heart Crystals. It wasn't as bad as SuperS, per se, because it had Uranus/Neptune's storyline, Chibi-Usa's arrival (part deux) and Hotaru's storyline.

It also has two arcs: seeking talismans (up to Kaorinite's death) and trying to awaken the messiah of Silence. This is the main bad thing about the SuperS; it's all about finding Pegasus. It's the only season with only one mission of the enemies, which makes it the least interesting season, IMO, by far.

Exactly, SuperS changed the formula and the result was it becoming the least interesting part of the series, if they added more elements to the story instead of just the whole looking for Pegasus and/or the romance between Pegasus and Chibiusa, it would have been better, those would still happen but there would be more stuff too, also I would have kept the Outers.
On another note I would have liked Endymion to remain evil, he's cooler that way.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:43 pm 
inactive
I think they could have kept part of the focus on Chibi-Usa for SuperS, she doesn't bug me and she was mostly the focus of the manga at that point anyway. But I wish we could have seen the Dead Moon Circus really take over Juuban and as the series progressed, see how it affected the weather and stuff. And like everyone's always said... the Outers should have been brought back. They could have done the Dream Mirror bit for a while and then switched to the Golden Crystal halfway through when Nehelenia hears Helios talk about it in his sleep or something. And they find the crystal in Mamoru. In the anime, they were (the Amazoness Quartet at least) were looking for the "Golden Mirror" which was in Chibi-Usa... right?

I feel they should have cut out Kaolinite's arc in the first part of S and have given that to Eudial in order to give Viluy and Tellu a little more screentime. It would have tightened up the storyline a little more and added more suspense. The quality of S improved greatly once Chibi-Usa was re-introduced. We had the talismans show up, the return of Pluto and the introduction of both Super Sailor Moon and Hotaru.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:56 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Watching S this week and I probably would have totally shortend Mimettes episodes. Try to even out all of the Witches 5 episodes and probably due the ever so usual vs. episodes with Mars taking on Eudiel, Venus-Mimette, Jupiter-Tellu, Mercury-Viluey.

I think I might have moved the reveal of the talismens later on in the episodes since they were made out to be this big thing and had a great episode but after that they were just very downplayed and then it took forever to get the finale.

I also probably would have had a Inners vs. Outers fight over Hotaru with the Inners obviously trying to protect her from the Outers and then have Saturn awaken during the fight. Or have them challenge the Inners at the end of the season to see if they are "worthy" enough of being Moons protectors.

ANd I totally would have shortend Moon saving the day since seeing Spiral Heart Attach basically every single episode just got incredibly old. One of the brief downfalls for the anime. Also probably wouldnt have given her a new transformation at the beginning of the season just to give her another powerup in the middle of the season since it made her look even weaker that she had to get 2 powerups to defeat the baddie while everyone else never got upgrades.

Oh and its funny watching the dvds with the dub on but with the subtitles on so you can see what they changed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:11 pm 
Luna
Luna
I was thinking today about the Stars season..and I think I probably wouldve changed the Starlights to being 3 random Senshi from across the solar system who found each other, each having survived Galaxias attack. And them coming to earth drawn by all the earth Senshis energy (since they are all in one area, it would be sort of a beacon).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:33 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Daio wrote:
What DIDN'T I like? Well...

1. Whose bright idea was it to throw in the gay romance between Zoisite and Kunzite? That wasn't in the original at all.

2. Beryl didn't get stabbed in the gut like she did in the manga.

Overall, I really think that the anime wasn't as dark as the manga and could have benefitted from it. In the manga, Princess Serenity kills herself, and the Love-Me Chain obviously does much more damage than the anime lets on.

I love the idea of a gay romance between Zoicite and Kunzite, it gave them a story and a personality. Something the manga never did, plus they have a very beautiful and loving romance.
I am glad that Beryl did not get stabbed like she did in the manga. Beryl's death scene in the anime was much more dramatic and climatic then the manga death scene. Mrs. Takeuchi even admitted that she liked the anime ending of the first season better then her own because she had intended to do something similar by having all the senshi die but she was not able to do this because the editors did not like the idea.

I must say I liked the anime much better then the manga and for the first few seasons I wouldn't change much. What I would change though is that I would have included more Beryl's story in the first season. Such as the flashbacks to her as a servant girl and her story to how she found the Dark Kingdom again. I would also include Beryl's more tragic side such as how she wishes that she could go back but that it is too late. I would also add the storyline of the Shitennou being Endymion's guardians.
For R I would add Asanuma's role and various manga only things such as Veneti and Aquatici. For S I wouldn't change much at all other then give Tellu, Viluy, Cyprine and Ptilol more episodes and I would add the Taioron crystal. I would also have the Guardian Senshi get their Planet Power transformation wands when Sailor Moon gets the Holy Grail. In teh R movie I would have Al and En return and have a more explanatory and deep role with Fiore.
SuperS however would get a huge overhawl, the Outer Senshi would return, the series would focus on Chibi Usa and Hotaru and the Outer Senshi would get the Super transformations in this season. Xenotime and Zeolite would be the Amazon Duo and come before the trio, the Trio would still turn good and go to Elysion. the Quartet would become the Asteroid Senshi like in the manga. Queen Nehellenia would have her anime story but she would be possesed by Queen Hecate the Queen of the New Moon whom tempted and warped her through her mirror. Phobos and Deimos would come in as well as the manga story where Hecate curses Serenity and the Moon Kingdom to ruin. The ending would be a mix of the anime and manga where everyone becomes walking zombies in their dreams, Nehellenia is subdued by the Golden Crystal, she turns ugly and that scene where she throws Chibi Usa off of the roof happens.
The only difference is Hecate frees Nehellenia not Galaxia and the senshi have to go to Elysion to fight Nehellenia and save Mamoru, Helios and Elysion. The Nehellenia would be saved and Hecate destroyed.
For Stars Galaxia's story would be the same and so would the Anima Mates personalities, the similar story would happen where they have to free Galaxia from Chaos's control however they then along with Galaxia must face Chaos who has taken home in the Galaxy Cauldron as well as the other Anima Mates columnating in the finale where Sailor Moon purifies teh Cauldron and defeats Chaos ... for now.
It would also be more clear as well what happened to the Anima Mates going back to their homes with their planetary senshi as well as the Starlights revival. I would also include all the manga specials such as Casablanca Memories, the Chibi Usa's Picture Diary and The Exam Battles.
I would also have a Sailor V season based on the anime with the additions and villains plus the part in England.

Last edited by MariaTenebre on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The villain and monster designs. For me, some of them are good but they could all use a little improvement. Even the monsters on Power Rangers (all seasons) looked better in comparison.

I am the destroyer of worlds. Anything I touch will be destroyed
...or turned into a card.

http://i32.tinypic.com/315csia.jpg

Nomen mihi Decas est, potentias e decem Personatis Vectoribus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
I'm going to do something a little different here. Instead of chaning the entire show, I'll probably g oone by one so I won't burned myself. So, with that forewarning...

You know, going through the first 13 episodes of the series (other than the sixth episode), man, it sure was pretty boring from a writing standpoint. So, if I had my way, what would I done/change form these episodes? Simple. MAKE IT NOT BORING. I mean, I'm fine with the anime giving time to fillers episodes to establish the characters a little bit more, but geez, they couldn't come up with something original when the show started and found its' footing sooner rather than later?

If I had my way, here's what I would of done. First off, I would of given the youmas some personality. Remember Thetis? THAT'S a good example on what I'm talking about. She's evil, but compared to the youams from the previous episodes, at least she had something that wasn't dull and boring. "RAWR, I'M A MONSTER, PHER ME" gets old after a while guys, alright?

Second, I would of toned down Usagi's character. I mean, I know she was supposed to be a oaf with no sense of right direction, but couldn't they NOT make it annoying? Crying over and over and being a idiot isn't fun to watch after 5 episodes of it (unless done right).

And thrid, I would of found more variation of the structure. Because really, after 7 episodes, you think they would of found some original material to spice things up. Too bad that didn't sooner rather than late, like I saidr.

Whew, glad to get that out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
Hmm... Personally, I like the initial episodes and the whole Classic series as a whole, too. Especially when you consider it in the context of everything that ensues. The first fights and first senshi encounters are like they should be - devoid of maturity and consciousness of how the girls' lives are changing at this very moment. They have little if any understanding of what's exactly behind all those youma appearances, and what it will take to put a stop to the violence. They are yet unaware of their pasts, they don't even know how many of them must gather up before the team is complete; even Luna is barely remembering anything. Usagi is mostly excited that she's meeting new friends all the time, that they have some cute outfits, and find themselves to be the legendary warriors - hence the episodes are concentrated on that. This reptitiveness, the lack of reflection on what's happening envisioned also by marginalizing youma to some brief, unimportant occurences of evil ghosts, will then be suddenly switched to critical fights between the senshi and the generals up to the doomsday episodes # 45-46. In the begining, they probably didn't think that senshi business is a serious business and so the subsequent initial episodes recount this senshi story accordingly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
Oh I would add more episodes to the last season... for seen the other members of the Shadow galactica forgotten in the anime, I mean (the 5th anima-mate Sailor Heavy-metal Papillon and the other sailors Lethe &,Mnemozyne, Chi & Phi) and may be see sailor cosmos but also more episode with Galaxia with her long hair like she is at the end :love: _ :love: and see also the Asteroid senshi Ceres, Junon, Pallas and Vesta!
I also believe that many fans would be happy nto see Usagi & Mamoru s'wedding .

らきこ http://rakikohime.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:23 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
What would I have liked changed? Hmm. Well, some small changes I would make would be:
1. Not having their memories all lost in the first season finale. This is one of the reasons I liked the Makaiju arc in R, it had their memories restored.
2. Actually showing Luna and Artemis trying to restore Mamoru's memories. They said they couldn't, but did they ever even try? NOPE!
3. Handling the break up between Mamoru and Usagi a little better.
4. Keeping SuperS closer to the Yume manga arc.
5. Actually having Nehellenia be evil.
6. Proper Outer henshins in Sailor Stars.
7. Third-level henshins for the Senshi aside from Eternal Sailor Moon.
8. Toning down Seiya's attempts with Usagi.
9. Include Sailor Cosmos, the Galaxy Cauldron, a better idea of Kyaosu, etc.
10. Actually using the name "Shadow Galactica". It was NEVER spoken of in the anime. Sure it's members appeared, but they weren't known by anything other than "Ginga TV members" or "Sailor Galaxia's Sailor Anima-mates".
11. Having Usagi's identity/ies revealed to her family and Naru, and Rei's revealed to her grandpa and Yuuichirou, in the end. They can't be in the dark forever. And if Usagi's going to become Queen of the Earth, I believe her family would deserve an explanation why. I liked how Naru found out Usagi was Sailor Moon in PGSM. Why not try that in the anime too?

But my biggest gripe of all was in season one, where Mamoru is abducted by the Dark Kingdom almost immediately after his and Usagi's identites were revealed. I would have rather preferred that he be abducted a little later instead.

Like, when Zoicite and Kunzite disappear, they wouldn't take Mamoru with them yet, and the five Senshi and Mamoru would've gotten out of the tower with Jupiter carrying Usagi and both Mars and Venus helping carry Mamoru out. They'd still fight Kunzite, but he wouldn't take Mamoru yet either.

After this, Mamoru would be hospitalized because of the fatal wounds he received from Zoicite (perhaps Ami's mother could be his doctor). He'd be unconscious for a while, and Usagi would stay by his side until he'd recover. While being unconcious, Usagi could have a nice moment of trying to get him to wake up.

When he would finally wake up, he and Usagi would finally have a moment to talk about their past lives and their current relationship. At first, they'd be wondering if they should become a couple simply based on their past lives' relationship as lovers. But eventually, they would decide that they truely do love each other, not because of who they were, but because of who they are. And they both wouldn't have to worry about ever being alone anymore as long as they had each other. This could probably make that hospital scene from episode 46 kinda like a flashback.

All the while, Queen Beryl would be watching these two. No longer able to be patient (she would've been waiting to take Mamoru once Usagi would've left the room), she would then have Mamoru abucted, right before Usagi's eyes. Mamoru would be sleeping/taking a nap at this point, so he wouldn't be able to resist the abduction.

This is what I wish had happened. I may someday write it out as a mini-fanfic, but this is just my opinion on how I'd rather have him taken.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 73 months ago
inactive
well one thing i would definetly like to change is give the other characters more spotlight ....not just the outers but even the inners!! focus a bit more on them,their personalities,lives,their families,relationships(like the inners with each other,the outers with each other,the outers with inners etc)....usagi is the main character but it would'nt hurt if they payed a little more attention to the others...& also make them a tad more powerful....for example sailor venus used to be so strong before she joins the team she killed youmas on her own(like in the flashback in ep 42)then when she joins the others she's suddenly weakend & cant do anything without sailormoon...wich does'nt make sense

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 pm 
inactive
About the only things I would change (as MANY other people have posted here) would be:
1- Find SOME episodes in the SuperS anime season to have the Outer Senshi enter the storyline.
2- Overall, have the STARS season follow the manga storyline a LOT more closely.
But, let's be honest, I wasn't all that unhappy with the anime series we got to see! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
If i could change one thing it would be making it so Germatoid didn't die in the S Season....seriously when that happened i lost interest in the show all together cause he was such an awesome villain :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:22 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Prince Rose wrote:

Exactly, SuperS changed the formula and the result was it becoming the least interesting part of the series, if they added more elements to the story instead of just the whole looking for Pegasus and/or the romance between Pegasus and Chibiusa, it would have been better, those would still happen but there would be more stuff too, also I would have kept the Outers.

wow this is old :eeklez: but I still feel the same

Quote:
On another note I would have liked Endymion to remain evil, he's cooler that way.

yes I still think this

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:10 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Persona User
This is how it'll go down, After Black Lady leaves the Black moon's side.
Usagi: I'm so glad that you're back with us Chibi-usa!

Chibi-usa: yeah... but I-I don't feel right. (Faints)

All: Chibi-usa!

Usagi: What's happening?!?

Death Phantom: Her mind is Adjusting to her new body, you may have her back, but the growth effects to her body are permanent! She's lost her childhood. (Laughs evilly)

Usagi: I will not forgive you for this! Ones childhood is precious! In the name of the moon, i'll punish you!

Battle ensues, everything turns out ok, but Chibi-usa has to keep her Adult body Forever.

I am most certainly in the mood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:39 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
silvana94 wrote:
well one thing i would definetly like to change is give the other characters more spotlight ....not just the outers but even the inners!! focus a bit more on them,their personalities,lives,their families,relationships(like the inners with each other,the outers with each other,the outers with inners etc)....usagi is the main character but it would'nt hurt if they payed a little more attention to the others...& also make them a tad more powerful.

This, this, this, this! One of my main gripes of the anime!

Not only that, give the girls some healing spells so they won't have to rely on Usagi every single time!

And for once, have guys fall in love with the Inners please! It isn't as if Usagi is the only girl who's desirable in the show!

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:42 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Sailor Kirby wrote:
This is how it'll go down, After Black Lady leaves the Black moon's side.
Usagi: I'm so glad that you're back with us Chibi-usa!

Chibi-usa: yeah... but I-I don't feel right. (Faints)

All: Chibi-usa!

Usagi: What's happening?!?

Death Phantom: Her mind is Adjusting to her new body, you may have her back, but the growth effects to her body are permanent! She's lost her childhood. (Laughs evilly)

Usagi: I will not forgive you for this! Ones childhood is precious! In the name of the moon, i'll punish you!

Battle ensues, everything turns out ok, but Chibi-usa has to keep her Adult body Forever.

love it wish it was canon :love:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
I wanna' see Ikkuko-mama and Shingo and Naru and all those other side-characters in the 30th century. :o

Post subject: What would you do if you could make changes to Sailor Moon?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:38 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Hai, I have a fun question.

If you could make changes to the story of Sailor Moon, and this means all versions, what would it, or they, be?

Post subject: Re: What would you do if you could make changes to the story?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
What happened after the finale of Stars. It just jumped to Usagi's wedding six years later. I mean, what happened between those years. Did the scouts attend college? Did they graduate high school? There were a lot of gaps in the story line.

Another thing that came up: How long was Minako acting as Sailor V? Sure we got introduced to Artemis in the Codename: Sailor V manga, but I mean how long did she operate as Sailor V to be precise? And when did she go to London?

Number three is what happened after Usagi's wedding? We know that Crystal Tokyo came under attack, but what happened before that. And is it only Crystal Tokyo the active city in the future or are other cities still populated? And where were the outer scouts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:12 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
thread merged with similar

my change to Crystal story wise : make it a combo of manga and PGSM in season 1 from the get go and build from there and add a new arc somewhere and a codename sailor v OVA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:37 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
I think almost everyone would like to change most of the unexciting filler episodes of SuperS and Stars.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:05 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
I think almost everyone would like to change most of the unexciting filler episodes of SuperS and Stars.

I might tweak here and there but I actually liked most of SuperS and Stars, even filler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
doctorwho29 wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

I might tweak here and there but I actually liked most of SuperS and Stars, even filler.

You prefer comedic battle scenes and non threatening MOTDs?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
rgveda99 wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Heh, that's pretty much what most of the MOTDs and their battles were beginning with, if the Black Moon arc of R, then with S. :P

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:37 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
rgveda99 wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

That might be what I'd tweak. Keep the basic plots but make most (not all) of the fights and monsters more threatening. Also isn't it logical in a way? The Lemures are the "living corpses" of Nehellenia's otherwise nice subjects. Why would they be killing machines? Also the Phages are corrupted humans who started out pretty nice most of the time. It's not like they were intentionally made into monsters and given special powers, it was just a side effect of a Star Seed turning blank. Honestly, they don't want Phages most of the time, they want True Star Seeds.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:39 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Stars and Crystal XD :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
foxfire wrote:

Then we got to the S series where the enemy was doing the same exact thing every episode. Stealing Heart Crystals. It wasn't as bad as SuperS, per se, because it had Uranus/Neptune's storyline, Chibi-Usa's arrival (part deux) and Hotaru's storyline. SuperS however felt like one big long dragging storyline of repetition... no new Senshi, no B plot (as S had had) and the villains were so incompetant. Stars was obviously more compact as well having benefited from the Nehelenia episodes at the start to really force the plot of the rest of the series to really come together in a shorter amount of episodes (I love that the conclusion takes place over SEVERAL episodes).

That is true. I like those last three seasons but more variety in plot would have been nice. Give each Witch a different goal or method maybe. Not sure what to do in SuperS and Stars but other plots could have happened. Maybe at least one member of the Trio would not focus on Pegasus and instead focus on researching and destroying their enemies like Kunzite did. That might have been a way to go. As for the Amazoness Quartet...they really worked as lazy good for nothings so I just think make their individual mirror hunting methods distinct.

Stars...need to think on that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next