Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Plot holes in the anime?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
This is a minor one but in the S movie Ami says she would like to have a romance after the exams are over....like what happened to Ryo, Ami? Did you dump him or something?
Blame the 90's anime's insistence of wanting to keep each season as self-contained as possible by preventing references to previous seasons from being made that often.

Was their any reason for that ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
imaginationgirl wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
This is a minor one but in the S movie Ami says she would like to have a romance after the exams are over....like what happened to Ryo, Ami? Did you dump him or something?
Blame the 90's anime's insistence of wanting to keep each season as self-contained as possible by preventing references to previous seasons from being made that often.

Was their any reason for that ?
Best I can guess is that that made for easier accessibility for new viewers to come in without feeling like they've missed out on too much.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
How is it that in the manga and Crystal, Venus' sword is strong enough to break diamonds but not strong enough to break Mamoru's pocket watch? #NaokoLogic :googly:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:13 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
How is it that in the manga and Crystal, Venus' sword is strong enough to break diamonds but not strong enough to break Mamoru's pocket watch? #NaokoLogic :googly:
Love is stronger than diamonds, apparently. :-P

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:05 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:

Sailor Venus' sword is not so crassy to break a symbol of love.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 am 
Stella
Stella
Prince Rose wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

Blame the reincarnation after season 1
They forgot about each other

That's my headcanon at least better than no explanation

I don't know if they forgot each other. There was an episode in R where people were doing a stage play of the episode where the Sailor Senshi fought Jadeite at the airport. Besides how do we know that Ami wasn't talking about Ryo. It seemed like he transferred to another school which might have put a damper in their romance. Maybe she wants to resume her romance with Ryo.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:08 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Why did the 90s anime try to imply a romance between Usagi and Jadeite? In the cruise episode, in both the dub and sub, Jadeite seems very flustered with Usagi flirting with him. His reaction reminds me a lot of his reaction to Rei in Crystal. The dub bizarrely tries to play the romance up even more by having Serena crushing on Jadeite in the Sailor Says segment and Luna chides her for setting a bad example by falling for one of the bad guys (way to go to be victim blaming DiC Luna). It was just odd for this one episode, the 90s anime randomly seemed to try to pair up Usagi with Jadeite and then it's just kind of forgotten about afterwards.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:01 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
Why did the 90s anime try to imply a romance between Usagi and Jadeite? In the cruise episode, in both the dub and sub, Jadeite seems very flustered with Usagi flirting with him. His reaction reminds me a lot of his reaction to Rei in Crystal.
I wouldn't read that much into it. Usagi was crushing on every guy she thought was good-looking in the first season, and Jadeite in his captain disguise just happened to be the latest one to catch her attention.

As for Jadeite, his inner thoughts about Usagi's clinging to him stated that he felt like he should be wary of this girl, which confused him since she didn't seem like a threat to him at all, yet she made him feel uneasy as though she posed a danger to him. This sounds more like he could somewhat sense that she was Sailor Moon, but didn't fully register that fact since, other than that odd feeling of caution, she seemed just like a harmless nobody.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sabrblade wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
Why did the 90s anime try to imply a romance between Usagi and Jadeite? In the cruise episode, in both the dub and sub, Jadeite seems very flustered with Usagi flirting with him. His reaction reminds me a lot of his reaction to Rei in Crystal.
I wouldn't read that much into it. Usagi was crushing on every guy she thought was good-looking in the first season, and Jadeite in his captain disguise just happened to be the latest one to catch her attention.

As for Jadeite, his inner thoughts about Usagi's clinging to him stated that he felt like he should be wary of this girl, which confused him since she didn't seem like a threat to him at all, yet she made him feel uneasy as though she posed a danger to him. This sounds more like he could somewhat sense that she was Sailor Moon, but didn't fully register that fact since, other than that odd feeling of caution, she seemed just like a harmless nobody.

That's my interpretation too.

But then there's the DiC dub which tried to imply something with Jadeite.

Serena: Oh please will you help me look for them?

Captain!Jadeite: Yes, I will.

Captain!Jadeite: (Wait a minute, why am I being so nice?)

Captain!Jadeite: I really must be getting back to my....Captain's duties... ( :lol:) but I want to be able to spend more time with you. Perhaps you'll join me at the Captain's table for dinner, miss?

Serena: That would be lovely!

Captain!Jadeite: (Why do I feel like I know this girl... I have a strange feeling like I've met her before.)

:lol: :evillaugh:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Why did the 90s anime try to imply a romance between Usagi and Jadeite? In the cruise episode, in both the dub and sub, Jadeite seems very flustered with Usagi flirting with him. His reaction reminds me a lot of his reaction to Rei in Crystal. The dub bizarrely tries to play the romance up even more by having Serena crushing on Jadeite in the Sailor Says segment and Luna chides her for setting a bad example by falling for one of the bad guys (way to go to be victim blaming DiC Luna). It was just odd for this one episode, the 90s anime randomly seemed to try to pair up Usagi with Jadeite and then it's just kind of forgotten about afterwards.

To be fair a lot of 90 s anime filler episodes were self-contain stories. Sure they had a plot, but it was mostly in the background in the case with some of these.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:45 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

That's my interpretation too.

But then there's the DiC dub which tried to imply something with Jadeite.

Serena: Oh please will you help me look for them?

Captain!Jadeite: Yes, I will.

Captain!Jadeite: (Wait a minute, why am I being so nice?)

Captain!Jadeite: I really must be getting back to my....Captain's duties... ( :lol:) but I want to be able to spend more time with you. Perhaps you'll join me at the Captain's table for dinner, miss?

Serena: That would be lovely!

Captain!Jadeite: (Why do I feel like I know this girl... I have a strange feeling like I've met her before.)

:lol: :evillaugh:
Well, the DiC dub was known for its weird scripting choices. :P

In all seriousness, maybe DiC was trying to imply that he wanted to seduce or trap her (the creep), and that the strange feeling was also his unknowingly sensing her to be Sailor Moon like in the original.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:06 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
The DiC dub even had Jadeite invite Serena to dinner for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:53 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
The DiC dub even had Jadeite invite Serena to dinner for some reason.
Sabrblade wrote:
In all seriousness, maybe DiC was trying to imply that he wanted to seduce or trap her (the creep),

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:36 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's really the part where he's like "WHY AM I ACTING SO NICE?!" that throws everything off and makes it sound like he has feelings for her (and kinda OOC for Jadeite all things considered).

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jadeite x Serena - vs - Sapphire x Emerald

Which is the DiC dub's stranger one-episode crack ship?

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:14 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Ami-Chans True Love
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Jedite X Serena XD I don't recall Emerald being interested in Sapphire/Saphir she only had eyes for Diamond in both dubs and sub but its been awhile since I watched the DiC dub so I'm not sure

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
MementoNepenthe wrote:

Wouldn't it be more Saphire x Diamond?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:15 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Seira Hazuki wrote:
It's really the part where he's like "WHY AM I ACTING SO NICE?!" that throws everything off and makes it sound like he has feelings for her (and kinda OOC for Jadeite all things considered).
Yeah, that was probably another one of DiC's many attempts to make a "funny moment" out of something that wasn't supposed to be a funny moment.

The "villain realizes he's acting uncharacteristically nice or helpful" moment is a classic joke moment that a lot of cartoons have used to try to get a quick laugh in.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5