Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plot holes in the anime?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:24 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:
It does make sense what dosen't make sense is that they would be given new weapons and not be able to use attacks with them. Again I go back to the wand analogy to Sailor Moon. Having the weapons but not being able to attack with them is as foolish as Sailor Moon being given a new wand but have no attacks with it. Again they skimped out on showing the Outers attacks in general and as I mentioned they more so relied on their original attacks until that one point in S where they used abilities similar to their talisman attacks. That shows atleast that they already have these powers we just didn't get to see them do the attack until later.

As for Saturn again you have no proof that Saturn did not already know the attack Silence Wall in her original form. We never got to see Sailor Saturn attack in her original form so it is impossible to know what her attacks were. So again there is no proof that she got any new attacks. The same goes for Pluto.

Well again as I mentioned on S they used attacks with these weapons similar to their talisman attacks. Which atleast shows they already had these powers again. Just because they did not show these attacks dosen't mean they did not have them. I can go back to the very same analogy of them not showing the Outer's Super transformations even though they already had them. The anime was very stingy about showing the Outers attacks anyway and even still if your idea was that they needed more practice to use them then maybe they got that practice in between the time of their exist on S and the time of the SuperS movie.

First of all, you do know that you can remove part of the quoted text so that you're only quoting the relevant passages, yes? Quoting an entire block of text doesn't really tell anyone what you're responding to.

The thing is here, I don't have proof that they didn't have those attacks, no. But you don't have proof that they didn't.

You think they had attacks "similar to their talisman attacks". I think they didn't. Why can't you accept that my point of view is just as valid as yours?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
so we can all agree to disagree here?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:31 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sure Kero your view is valid but even so you can't use this to decanonize the SuperS movie when you have no evidence they did not have those attacks. The only real thing that can be used to say the movie is not canon is Pluto's appearance. However I still say that it is foolish in my opinion to think that they can be given a weapon and have no attacks with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:51 am 
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:
Sure Kero your view is valid but even so you can't use this to decanonize the SuperS movie when you have no evidence they did not have those attacks. The only real thing that can be used to say the movie is not canon is Pluto's appearance. However I still say that it is foolish in my opinion to think that they can be given a weapon and have no attacks with it.

Where on earth did anyone say the SuperS movie isn't canon? The Wikimoon article you quoted just said that it's difficult/impossible to place it at a precise point in the storyline.

And I think it's foolish to believe that if they'd had that ability Uranus and Neptune wouldn't have used it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:55 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 45 months ago
inactive
maybe they didnt know about it in S, only beginning to use their weapons at the end there, but during their adventures that took place during SuperS, learned the abilities?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:03 am 
inactive
Godzilla wrote:
maybe they didnt know about it in S, only beginning to use their weapons at the end there, but during their adventures that took place during SuperS, learned the abilities?

That's another entirely plausible theory, and one I suggested earlier in the thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:54 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
Where on earth did anyone say the SuperS movie isn't canon? The Wikimoon article you quoted just said that it's difficult/impossible to place it at a precise point in the storyline.
Well, given that it has all of the Inners in their Super forms, the Outers in their pre-Super forms, and that it takes place around Valentine's Day, that would have to put it in the February after the final SuperS episode, setting it before Sailor Stars since that series starts in the Spring. But the presence of Pluto mangles that placement. Or any placement since the only time that Pluto is alive in the show when the Inners are Super and the Outers are pre-Super would be during the battle scene of just the first Sailor Stars episode, making the movie as it is be irreconcilable with the show.

Also, this next thing is a bit more minor and speculative, but the opening theme song sequence for SuperS presents itself in a way that implies that the Outers (minus Saturn) are regular friends with the Inners who get along with them very well and have all been casually hanging out together with them in recent times, which couldn't be further from how the SuperS anime was presented since Pluto was dead the whole time and Uranus and Neptune left town at the end of the previous season.

But, I'm not necessarily saying that it "isn't canon", just that it can't really fit with the continuity of the anime. One could still say that the movie is canon to itself, while out of continuity from the rest of the series. :wink:

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:50 am 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
Well, given that it has all of the Inners in their Super forms, the Outers in their pre-Super forms, and that it takes place around Valentine's Day, that would have to put it in the February after the final SuperS episode, setting it before Sailor Stars since that series starts in the Spring. But the presence of Pluto mangles that placement. Or any placement since the only time that Pluto is alive in the show when the Inners are Super and the Outers are pre-Super would be during the battle scene of just the first Sailor Stars episode, making the movie as it is be irreconcilable with the show.

Also, this next thing is a bit more minor and speculative, but the opening theme song sequence for SuperS presents itself in a way that implies that the Outers (minus Saturn) are regular friends with the Inners who get along with them very well and have all been casually hanging out together with them in recent times, which couldn't be further from how the SuperS anime was presented since Pluto was dead the whole time and Uranus and Neptune left town at the end of the previous season.

But, I'm not necessarily saying that it "isn't canon", just that it can't really fit with the continuity of the anime. One could still say that the movie is canon to itself, while out of continuity from the rest of the series. :wink:

I thought the opening was nothing more then a flashback kind of showing how they were together during S rather then implying they have been together since SuperS. However yeah the Pluto thing is the real clincher that makes this movie problematic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:53 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
I've always regarded anime movies as stand-alone things, unless they're explicitly said to be part of the series shown on TV, like a Fullmetal Alchemist movie.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm 
Stella
Stella
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
I've always regarded anime movies as stand-alone things, unless they're explicitly said to be part of the series shown on TV, like a Fullmetal Alchemist movie.

Well the first two movies actually fit in the canon quite well and definitely can be canon. The only one that is problematic is the SuperS movie. Lunar Archivist even did a timeline showing where they fit in.

By the way when it comes to Lunar Archivist I really wish his website was still open as I used it alot. I hated that it got shut down by that particularly disgruntled heifer Elly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:18 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:

Well the first two movies actually fit in the canon quite well and definitely can be canon. The only one that is problematic is the SuperS movie. Lunar Archivist even did a timeline showing where they fit in.

Even if it doesn't fit, I'll still regard it as canon - it'll be just a different continuity & all. :)

Quote:
By the way when it comes to Lunar Archivist I really wish his website was still open as I used it alot. I hated that it got shut down by that particularly disgruntled heifer Elly.

If I remember correctly, he's kept the info of his site himself, but the format isn't right, & he's been working on it - not sure about his progress at present, tho. :confused:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:34 pm 
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:

There's no need to sling personal insults at anyone. Please refrain.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:50 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
but :mihiru: :haruka: use their Talismans in S (isn't that what we are talking about?)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 pm 
inactive
Sailor Swifty wrote:
but :mihiru: :haruka: use their Talismans in S (isn't that what we are talking about?)

No, it's about the fact that they didn't use their specific talisman attacks, Space Sword Blaster and Submarine Reflection.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
Sailor Swifty wrote:

No, it's about the fact that they didn't use their specific talisman attacks, Space Sword Blaster and Submarine Reflection.

oh, yea i think haruka just stab a yoman with the sword XD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:12 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Sailor Swifty wrote:
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
Sailor Swifty wrote:

oh, yea i think haruka just stab a yoman with the sword XD
And the dub called it an attack named "Uranuuuuuuuus...!" Just that, nothing else. :tongue:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:33 pm 
Stella
Stella
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Sorry I thought it was ok to speak about her considering all of the Hell she brought to this website.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

Sorry I thought it was ok to speak about her considering all of the Hell she brought to this website.

This site isn't supposed to be used for bashing anyone in the fandom. :wink:

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 am 
Stella
Stella
Ok I will shut up about it then Rika.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Bumping this thread because I'm re-watching the anime and one of the most bothersome things has come back to haunt me. I know that the rainbow crystals arc is kind of a joke and not canon to any other form of the series, but why didn't the Dark Kingdom target and reclaim the seven great Youma from the get go? Beryl starts off literally in her first scene by chastising all of the kingdom for not yet having found the crystal, and then after Nephrite dies some 20 episodes later, she's suddenly like "OH, right! Let's gather up those rainbow crystals from 1,000 years ago! Go get 'em Zoicite!" Same thing with Luna, how was this detail about the silver crystal left out of her plans so long?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
flockapowpow wrote:
Bumping this thread because I'm re-watching the anime and one of the most bothersome things has come back to haunt me. I know that the rainbow crystals arc is kind of a joke and not canon to any other form of the series, but why didn't the Dark Kingdom target and reclaim the seven great Youma from the get go?
Because it wasn't until Beryl woke up Metalia that the idea even dawned upon anyone? It was Metalia who first mentioned it. Maybe no one remembered the Seven Saikyou Youma until Metalia was awoken and her mentioning them unearthed those dormant memories buried within the minds of Beryl et al.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Sabrblade wrote:
Because it wasn't until Beryl woke up Metalia that the idea even dawned upon anyone? It was Metalia who first mentioned it. Maybe no one remembered the Seven Saikyou Youma until Metalia was awoken and her mentioning them unearthed those dormant memories buried within the minds of Beryl et al.

^^^ I second this

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
If you consider the PC-Engine hidden season :ninja: as part of the 90's anime universe. =^_^=

They have their 2nd attacks used in the PC Engine game before the beginning of the Blackmoon arc?

Starts at 8:01

Although the :minako: :ami: :rei: :mako: say Star Power to seal that unknown Youma while still using their Henshin Pens.

Starts at 4:57

Unless if you consider :luna: giving/crafting the Star Henshin Wands for the sole purpose of using the Sailor Planet Attack.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I never knew the PC Engine game had stuff like that in it (having never played it before and the wiki article on it being scant with information). That monster and the SenxShi stuff is fascinating to me. I just wish I knew what they were saying and what the monster was. Oh wait, is that monster's name "Past Wiseman"? So then the story would appear to be some sort of Dark Kingdom/Black Moon mash-up?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:24 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
MementoNepenthe wrote:
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I never knew the PC Engine game had stuff like that in it (having never played it before and the wiki article on it being scant with information). That monster and the SenxShi stuff is fascinating to me. I just wish I knew what they were saying and what the monster was. Oh wait, is that monster's name "Past Wiseman"? So then the story would appear to be some sort of Dark Kingdom/Black Moon mash-up?

Yes. It's very interesting and a lot of new content like new characters is in it for a very old game. It makes Ali and En interim villains. 8)

Someone did a translation for :rei:'s side of the story. =^_^=

You can check out this guy's youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Japinatorgamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:18 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
This is a minor one but in the S movie Ami says she would like to have a romance after the exams are over....like what happened to Ryo, Ami? Did you dump him or something?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
Neon Genesis wrote:
This is a minor one but in the S movie Ami says she would like to have a romance after the exams are over....like what happened to Ryo, Ami? Did you dump him or something?

Blame the reincarnation after season 1
They forgot about each other

That's my headcanon at least better than no explanation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Neon Genesis wrote:

I guess there could be two explanations

One: they just drifted apart. He was moving and changing school quite a lot because of his fathers work so its possible they both simply moved on. Plus they were never an official couple to begin with. I think they went out together once and even then Usagi and the others were still there with them so thats a semi date.

Or two: when she says about that romance she's thinking about him, specially since their "relationship" was still on very early stages so no wonder she would want more. Ami is super shy so maybe she was ashamed to mention Ryo's name

That could be the case if we count SM Another Story plot which happens after S. Ryo returns there and Ami is super awkward about it all

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
There's always the fan favorite :ami: :love: :mako: theory. :ninja:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:35 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Neon Genesis wrote:
Blame the 90's anime's insistence of wanting to keep each season as self-contained as possible by preventing references to previous seasons from being made that often.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next