Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Which Sailor Moon Dolls Do You Need- Excellent Team, etc.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:50 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hi!
A topic to talk about which dolls you need/want to buy, can buy of found, and what makes how much you might pay.

Please Doll Talk only.
This includes plush dolls too.

I'll start
I like Irwin makes including Canada and America versions. I need almost all thr yellow boxed dolls, all dark blue boxed dolls, and all light blue dolls. Including six inch and twelve inch versions.

I need a lot of other dolls and jope to get a good group sometime.

I also sell here and there for bills.

I need a great portion of the plushies which i will eventually buy in sets to complete.
I love every dolls ugly or pretty.
And every plush hamdmade or not.
I want custom plushies and custom dolls, large and small.
I hope to be able to enlarge my collection so much that i can make an entire moon room witb the dolls covering several shelves.

I usually buy new but since I plan on buying triples of most things for display, play, and safekeeping, I am not worried about it unless I don't have it yet.

I really want all Saturn, Pluto, Super Moon, Eternal Moon, and chibimoon dolls first.
Neptune too.
Then the rest.
I love great deals.

Right now i am hoping to get others throughout time.
I love buying lots and rarities to make it simpler. :)

My top set will be the DX twelve inch set when I can afford it.

There's a start XD

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

Post subject: Re: Which Sailor Moon Dolls Do You Need- Excellent Team, etc.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:37 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Soulofthemoon wrote:

I like Irwin makes including Canada and America versions. I need almost all thr yellow boxed dolls, all dark blue boxed dolls, and all light blue dolls. Including six inch and twelve inch versions.

Wait, so are you saying that you are going to buy the same dolls multiple times just because the boxes are different colors/designs? I bought one of each of the pretty face Irwin Dolls and opened those babies up for display.

I want the Amazoness Quartet, any Eternal Sailor Moon Doll, the Excellent team dolls, SuperS Chara Talk dolls...and that's about it. The beauty change series was made cheaply and the R season dolls are lackluster as well with their fading faces.

The most screen accurate versions of the characters are the pretty faced Irwin dolls with their lovely pleated skirts, accurate hair and earrings. Their Outer-Senshi dolls are some of the THE FINEST Sailor Moon dolls ever produced and the only Sailor Pluto to have her proper black fuku. Their Black Lady and Princess Serenity dolls are gorgeous as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:55 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I used to have all the Irwin Dolls, but I played with them to death :( I was a kid!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have the pretty faced Sailor Mars (which I deboxed and redressed) and Wicked Lady that overtime, one of her pigtails came undone. I would like to have my hands on a CereCere doll.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 20 months ago
inactive
I've got the pretty face Moon, Chibi Moon, Mercury and Mars.
I hate the ugly face ones.

I'm looking to get my hands on the 6 inch PGSM dolls, SuperS Chara Talk dolls, the rest of the pretty face dolls, plushies of all the senshi and the DX twelve inch set.

For now, my priority is probably the pretty face Saturn. She's so rare + expensive, but I'm definitely going to get her.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There's so many dolls that I need...but I think the one I want most is Super Chibi Moon baby doll...since that's the only doll set I am even close to completing ^_^' I used to have a lot of the pretty faced Irwin dolls...but I gave them to my little sister when I was 12 ^_^'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
i have no dolls :( i use to have a veauns back when middle school, got her at a savers.. but at some point I got rid of here..

I wish they would make dolls of the four generals.. I really want a Zoisite doll. =^_^= and a fisheye doll.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:03 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The only dolls I have are the pretty face 11.5" Irwin Moon, Irwin Saturn, and Dream Pocket Saturn. Since I'm only planning on collecting Saturn dolls, I'm missing the Beauty Change doll, the two Sailor Moon World dolls (normal and error boots), the Excellent Team doll, and the doll from the DX Collection.

Once I get that part of my wishlist done, I wouldn't mind having the Toys R Us PGSM Usagi, Sailor Luna, Moon, and Venus dolls.

Formerly Sailor Cybertron.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Interesting how people describe the dolls.

US Bandai first release - Even Takeuchi herself saw them and thought they looked like some sort of Medieval (?) Japan design in the lips. I can't be sure of this comment since it was a translation of a note from the manga. At any rate, she had something to say about it.

Later Irwin releases - these have better faces aka "Pretty Face" as people have been calling them. Even Irwin's first dolls looked like the US Bandai First Releases.

http://www.virtualinsanity.net/greatsailormoonsite/dolls/
This page has a pretty decent amount of information for the doll releases. It wasn't until 2000 that Irwin was releasing dolls produced with better faces (some compared them to the Japanese ones - They may have used the same mold), and was able to sell them in both Canada and the US.

It's nice to have at least one doll from the different Irwin releases - shiny outfits, the spinning base, light up tiara jewel, and 2nd outfit. And then if you want, blue box and yellow specialty store packaging.

http://sailormoontoys.com/irwindollslg.html

The rarest doll? First release Sailor Saturn.

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Soldierofthesun- yes thats what I am saying. All colored irwins. But yellow to start mostly and dark blue. But yes I will double it up.

Hence why I will try for triples XD

You said you wanted the excellent dolls? Do you have any of them yet? Just wondering.
L O L. I am selling two seperste or together. Together is a good price. Jupiter and Mars.
I don't see jupiter often though sadly..

Mrshoujo- yeah. Not sure ehy all those descriptions came. Maybe to save time :)

I think everyone's thoughts are great!
So many dolls.
I admire trying to collect all Saturns since shes hard to get.

I think everyone trying to grab all different kinds is nice.

I am not one to complain. I love all the dolls. They are each unique :)

I especially want the babydolls. Super versions and german.

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870