Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:24 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 82 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
Posts: 569
Location: Chained to Jadeite's bed. (willingly)
LunaStar wrote:
Channiegurl wrote:

I always have a problem with that. I want to make my fanfictions more 'drmamatic' or realistic, by not always having happy endings, but I always feel bad if I kill off a main character or something.


Lemme tell you, I hate stories that kill of characters. It's just... ahh. I can understand tragedies and stuff, but if I've grown to love this character, it's just wrong to kill them. Especially when their death is just too sudden.

However, I don't mind reading them every now and then... unless I know beforehand that there will be a tragedy. It's just a coping strategy I have. Though sometimes that really doesn't save me (i.e. watched this Korean drama 'Emperor of the Sea', I knew the main chars. would all die (and I mean they ALL die) but I still watched it. Had a complete withdrawl for about 3 days, I was so distraught at the ending :*( ) from disappointment.

But then non-happy endings don't always have to resort to death.


Tha's my problem with character death stories, I care too much about my characters. So I always end up saving them when I write. After the finale of a show I loved where my favorite character died a horible death I cried in my room for a while. turned out the public agreed it wasa bad idea, coz the show got cancled after that.

I sometimes getthe idea that killing a character is a cheap ending. Kinda like, 'How can we wrap up all these loose ends? I know! Let's kill him/her!'

Would here be a good place to link to my fanfiction?oristhere a placefor that?

_________________
Image
Signiture by Zimto-chan

Zoisite: Remove that bra; it would look better on me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:56 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Sep 09, 2003
Posts: 172
Location: Columbus, OH
Channiegurl wrote:
LunaStar wrote:
Channiegurl wrote:

I always have a problem with that. I want to make my fanfictions more 'drmamatic' or realistic, by not always having happy endings, but I always feel bad if I kill off a main character or something.


Lemme tell you, I hate stories that kill of characters. It's just... ahh. I can understand tragedies and stuff, but if I've grown to love this character, it's just wrong to kill them. Especially when their death is just too sudden.

However, I don't mind reading them every now and then... unless I know beforehand that there will be a tragedy. It's just a coping strategy I have. Though sometimes that really doesn't save me (i.e. watched this Korean drama 'Emperor of the Sea', I knew the main chars. would all die (and I mean they ALL die) but I still watched it. Had a complete withdrawl for about 3 days, I was so distraught at the ending :*( ) from disappointment.

But then non-happy endings don't always have to resort to death.


Tha's my problem with character death stories, I care too much about my characters. So I always end up saving them when I write. After the finale of a show I loved where my favorite character died a horible death I cried in my room for a while. turned out the public agreed it wasa bad idea, coz the show got cancled after that.

I sometimes getthe idea that killing a character is a cheap ending. Kinda like, 'How can we wrap up all these loose ends? I know! Let's kill him/her!'

Would here be a good place to link to my fanfiction?oristhere a placefor that?


Oh yes, a lot of stories do kill off characters just for the dramatic effect. Like really? I can understand someone who's greatly flawed, who has problems and those problems eventually catch up on them - in those types of storylines, I can accept them dying. But some just are terrible. A good example comes to mind, this one asian drama I watched "Glass Slippers", somewhat like a twist to the Cinderella story. But, they killed off the guy everyone loved! It was insane! And they did it just for stupid dramatic effect. Sure they gave 'foretelling' signs, but it was just plainly stupid and I ended up not liking the story after that...

Sure I'd like to see it! I don't see any harm in posting a link here... this is pretty much an advertising/advice thread, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 82 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
Posts: 569
Location: Chained to Jadeite's bed. (willingly)
LunaStar wrote:

Oh yes, a lot of stories do kill off characters just for the dramatic effect. Like really? I can understand someone who's greatly flawed, who has problems and those problems eventually catch up on them - in those types of storylines, I can accept them dying. But some just are terrible. A good example comes to mind, this one asian drama I watched "Glass Slippers", somewhat like a twist to the Cinderella story. But, they killed off the guy everyone loved! It was insane! And they did it just for stupid dramatic effect. Sure they gave 'foretelling' signs, but it was just plainly stupid and I ended up not liking the story after that...

Sure I'd like to see it! I don't see any harm in posting a link here... this is pretty much an advertising/advice thread, right?


Dramatic effect...*grumbles*....
That does sound good, apart from the character death. I love dark twists on fairytales, but again, it doesn't have to involve character death to be dark....Having said that, one of my only 'death' fics I've written involved killing prince charming in the first scentence.

here's a link then: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5913659/1/S ... m_Syndrome any coments are welcome.

_________________
Image
Signiture by Zimto-chan

Zoisite: Remove that bra; it would look better on me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Sep 09, 2003
Posts: 172
Location: Columbus, OH
Channiegurl wrote:

Dramatic effect...*grumbles*....
That does sound good, apart from the character death. I love dark twists on fairytales, but again, it doesn't have to involve character death to be dark....Having said that, one of my only 'death' fics I've written involved killing prince charming in the first scentence.

here's a link then: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5913659/1/S ... m_Syndrome any coments are welcome.


Read it and left a review on it. I meant to say "Good First SM fanfic", for some reason I misread it thinking it was your first fanfic written. Great job! I'd love to see it written as a full story.

So I've been working on two stories right now, one that is a total Alternate Universe story (but has a lot of elements of SM in it) and another story that switches up a lot of first two arcs in SM, pretty much a re-interpretation and re-write of them. My first story deals a lot with the relationship of Usa/Mamo, and LOTS of drama (but not cheaply developed.. more human drama). The second one is a more epic story, with action, adventure a bits of romance (but that's not the main part of the story.. The thing I'm having trouble with is actually organizing everything up. So far, I've got a vague outline of the entire plot and notes on characters, certain plot lines and etc. Does anyone have any methods they use in organizing stories? This is actually my first time writing a story.. So far I've been using this method "Phase Outlining" which is pretty cool, but does anyone have any methods/suggestions I could use??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Sep 09, 2003
Posts: 172
Location: Columbus, OH
Does anyone know if there's any Sailor Moon medical fanfics? Fanfics that have the SM characters in a medical setting/medical drama? I'm currently looking to author my own medical fanfiction and I'd like to see what other people wrote. Just looking to compare my idea with what's already written...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:28 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 76 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2010
Posts: 139
Location: Michigan
My current fan fiction is like a renewed Sailor Wars. Usagi is in her last year of high school, and she's close friends with a girl named Kayou, who is Golden Sailor Phoenix. Near the beginning of the story, a senshi from another system appears, saying she's running from an animamate. Soon, they (the group I've named "The Golden Millennium Senshi") are having a meeting, trying to figure out what to do about the new animamates, when Princess Kakyuu and the Starlights appear. Seiya and Kayou have a love story, which is somewhat important to the storyline. The senshi soon find out that Shadow Galactica has been renewed, but Sailor Galaxia is not behind it this time. In fact, Sailor Galaxia joins the senshi in fighting.

The senshi are slowly killed off, one by one, until only Golden Sailor Phoenix and Eternal Sailor Moon remain. Phoenix is about to give up, but Moon stops her. Phoenix says that she is jealous of Usagi's gift to bring life, while Phoenix brings death. Usagi tells her that isn't true, because Sailor Phoenix has always been in charge of refilling star seeds and sailor crystals with the energy to live. Golden Sailor Phoenix then transforms into Opal Sailor Phoenix. Phoenix feels full of power, and shares this power with Usagi. Usagi feels the power of her Sol senshi around her, and is able to transform into Sailor Cosmos. Together, they defeat the enemy, and everyone is renewed, in new forms. Usagi's team is now in a "cosmic" form, and Kayou's team is in an "opal" form.

_________________
My deviantArt:http://sailor-phoenix93.deviantart.com/

:rei: x :minako:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 88 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Nov 06, 2007
Posts: 25
You know I always wanted to ad my character in the series, I still do it's just that it would take to long for me to finish and it really would'nt be that different its pretty much the same story with some slight changes and scenes.

_________________
He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
Posts: 599
Location: Where do you think I am?
Anyone read the fanfiction Closure I like it, and I kinda into SM AU fics like if they didn't have powers and stuff.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 31, 2011
Posts: 808
Location: Earth
ARISE, DEAD TOPIC, AND CONSUME THE FLESH OF THE LIVING!!!!!! *insert evil laugh here*

Ahem. Sorry.

So, I'm resurrecting this topic because it's silly that it's been dead for a year and half. Plus, I need a place to share my ideas. I'm going to start with my works-in-progress, which are all crossovers.

1, "Slayer Moon", an SM/Slayers crossover.

Setting: in the SM anime universe, the summer after Stars. In the Slayers universe, sometime after Slayers TRY. However, I need to rewatch Premium and actually watch Revolution and Evolution-R to see if I wish to move it later in their timeline because the latter two series/seasons involve someone who may or may not be Naga, and she's important to my story.

Plot: I go back and forth between whether I'll have one or not, which is silly because I've already written the first 10 chapters. The primary conflict is that the Sailor Senshi and Mamoru (but not Chibi-Usa or the Starlights) got sucked into the Slayers universe, and they need to figure out how to get back home because their powers don't work there. Beyond that, it's largely a slice-of-life comedy. Largely.

Eventually, it's revealed that the only way to get home is for the Senshi to rip open the fabric of reality by developing enough power to do so.

Romantic entanglements: I know that they're not truly necessary to make a good story, but I like to use them anyway. We have canon pairings like Usagi/Mamoru and Haruka/Michiru, but I enjoy throwing a wrench in things.

Lina develops a short-lived crush on Mamoru, and by that I mean she backs down as soon as she finds out Usagi is his girlfriend.

Gourry, meanwhile, falls for Haruka. (The school they go to doesn't let her wear the boys' uniform, so he knows she's a girl right off.) Michiru has no problem with it, but Sylphiel(who's in love with Gourry) alternates between being uncharacteristically jealous and finding it funny. On multiple occasions, someone tries to explain to him that Haruka is a lesbian, but they get cut off or he doesn't understand when they finally say it. And just to complicate things further, Makoto is hung up on Gourry!

My more standard pairing is Ami/Zelgadis. It's just cute to me, and I think they're good for each other because she'll get him to lighten up a little, and he gets to be her first real relationship. Drama does develop from this, though not for the couple themselves.

Also, I do pair Setsuna with Xellos, but it's really just casual sex. She knows she's going home eventually, so she's treating the whole thing as a vacation.

_________________
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-- S.G. Tallentyre, author of Voltaire's biography, The Friends of Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Interesting idea. My crossover isn't that well developed.... ^_^' I can't seem to get things together.... Granted, I have a couple other fics before it.

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
Posts: 1689
Location: San Francisco...after I smashed it.
I've got a few crossovers in mind and I'm pretty sure most of you know where I'm going with this. :tongue:

Anyway, I've always had the idea for a Sailor Moon/Gamera crossover for quite a while. It'll just be like the Sailor Moon R Movie, but instead of the Xenians or Flower Youma it'll be the Gyaos that would be the main threat. To anyone not familiar with kaiju, the Gyaos are a species of giant, beam-shooting, flying bat/pterosaur(pterodactyl) monsters that devour people and Gamera is a giant, fireball-spitting, flying turtle that protects the human race. The Sailor Senshi will fight a whole bunch of Gyaos along side with Gamera. By the end the Sailor Senshi will fight a female Gyaos humanoid monster, which would eventually turn into Super Gyaos and Gamera will come and aid the Sailor Senshi. I might make Ami be the one to communicate with Gamera via magatama just like Asagi does in Gamera: Guardian of the Universe. Rei could also be another substitute, due to being a miko (spirituality!) and her fire-based attacks, which also suit Gamera perfectly. The kaiju used in this crossover are based on the Heisei versions.

I'm either thinking of making it a fanfic or an RP. Not too sure for the fanfic idea since I'm not really good at writing character dialogue. I might consider making an RP if anyone is interested in participating in it (I really hope so!). :)

I've also thought up a Sailor Moon/Godzilla, Sailor Moon/Mothra(Rebirth of Mothra trilogy), and a Sailor Moon/Godzilla/Gamera/Mothra(again, RoM) crossovers as well. I think the middle would be an excellent choice because I could see Chibi-usa talking to the tiny priestesses that communicate with Mothra and her offspring. =^_^=

_________________
Image
Signature made by Sailor Swifty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:29 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Gojira wrote:
I've got a few crossovers in mind and I'm pretty sure most of you know where I'm going with this. :tongue:

Anyway, I've always had the idea for a Sailor Moon/Gamera crossover for quite a while. It'll just be like the Sailor Moon R Movie, but instead of the Xenians or Flower Youma it'll be the Gyaos that would be the main threat. To anyone not familiar with kaiju, the Gyaos are a species of giant, flying bat/pterosaur(pterodactyl) monsters that devour people and Gamera is a giant, fireball-spitting, flying turtle that protects the human race. The Sailor Senshi will fight a whole bunch of Gyaos along side with Gamera. By the end the Sailor Senshi will fight a female Gyaos humanoid monster, which would eventually turn into Super Gyaos and Gamera will come and aid the Sailor Senshi. I might make Ami be the one to communicate with Gamera via magatama just like Asagi does in Gamera: Guardian of the Universe. Rei could also be another substitute, due to being a miko (spirituality!) and her fire-based attacks, which also suit Gamera perfectly. The kaiju used in this crossover are based on the Heisei versions.

I'm either thinking of making it a fanfic or an RP. Not too sure for the fanfic idea since I'm not really good at writing character dialogue. I might consider making an RP if anyone is interested in participating in it (I really hope so!). :)

I've also thought up a Sailor Moon/Godzilla, Sailor Moon/Mothra(Rebirth of Mothra trilogy), and a Sailor Moon/Godzilla/Gamera/Mothra(again, RoM) crossovers as well. I think the middle would be an excellent choice because I could see Chibi-usa talking to the tiny priestesses that communicate with Mothra and her offspring. =^_^=

I wouldn't mind that RP.... I call Usagi! =^_^=
I have an idea for a Sera Myu/Evil Dead the Musical crossover, where Usagi and her friends just so happen to be camping in the same woods as Ash and his friends, complete with music from both (I just need the script to Evil Dead the Musical).

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:33 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
Posts: 1689
Location: San Francisco...after I smashed it.
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
I wouldn't mind that RP.... I call Usagi! =^_^=

Alrighty then, you got first dibs since you're happy to oblige. :)

I'll be Gamera simply because I know how to roleplay kaiju pretty well. :cool:

_________________
Image
Signature made by Sailor Swifty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:42 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Gojira wrote:
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
I wouldn't mind that RP.... I call Usagi! =^_^=

Alrighty then, you got first dibs since you're happy to oblige. :)

I'll be Gamera simply because I know how to roleplay kaiju pretty well. :cool:

Yay! I might do another, but, I'll wait.

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:44 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
Posts: 1689
Location: San Francisco...after I smashed it.
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
Gojira wrote:
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
I wouldn't mind that RP.... I call Usagi! =^_^=

Alrighty then, you got first dibs since you're happy to oblige. :)

I'll be Gamera simply because I know how to roleplay kaiju pretty well. :cool:

Yay! I might do another, but, I'll wait.

I won't mind if you are another character, but we'll see if anyone else is interested in participating first.

Also, I might have to work on the Gyaos humanoid villain because she'll play an important part in this story. She of course will have Fiore's role. Starts out human like but will eventually turn into a Gyaos due to hatred, bloodlust or something like that.

_________________
Image
Signature made by Sailor Swifty.


Last edited by Trespasser on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:52 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Of course.
Now, then. Does anybody know where I can get the script for Evil Dead: The Musical?

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 26, 2011
Posts: 9361
Location: "Dai Shocker's Hell Festival."
I would totally do a Kamen Rider/Sailor Moon crossover, but I have no Idea how it would work out.

_________________
Image
"So...shall we begin the festival?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 66 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
Posts: 61
I'm partway through writing a Sailor Moon/Resident Evil story that takes place in Crystal Tokyo. It's a bit different for me in that I usually stick to drabbles and one-shots due to my wacky schedule. It's also the first non-DBZ crossover with Sailor Moon I've done.

_________________
If God went mad who would save us?
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 31, 2011
Posts: 808
Location: Earth
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
Interesting idea. My crossover isn't that well developed.... ^_^' I can't seem to get things together.... Granted, I have a couple other fics before it.


I just looked at the file properties of my Story Notes. I created the file in June 2001, and have been editing it ever since. What were you planning for yours?

Now, since you asked about it in another thread....

Idea #2: Lost in Frustration, an SM/Daria crossover.

Plot: Not long after the battle with Galaxia, everything turns back to normal for the Sailor Senshi. At the beginning of December, Mamoru gets a call/letter from Harvard, inviting him back that summer…for more money. Usagi's clinginess gets to her and she insists on coming with him this time. He agrees, as long as she leaves in time to start school after the holidays. Somehow, everyone else comes along because they don’t want them captured/killed by yet another villain bent on ruling the universe.

Nothing’s going to happen, but they end up staying in Lawndale because that’s the closest city that has enough available hotel rooms. Then Ami realizes she has a cousin here, i.e. one Tiffany Blumdeckler. They call from a phone booth at the airport and Tiff’s mom picks them up at the airport. Of course, all ten of them can’t crash there for 2 weeks. Fortunately, Haruka and Michiru already had a hotel room since they were on tour.

This is even more of a slice-of-life comedy than "Slayer Moon" is.

Characters: The Sailor Senshi, of course, and as many Daria characters as I can fit in since I’m not setting it at school. Mamoru, Haruka, and Michiru are going to have very limited screen time since none of them will be in Lawndale.

Setting: August 1997, during the last two weeks of Summer Vacation for the Senshi. In relation to Daria, this takes place between Seasons 2 and 3.

Incidentally, one of the more amusing points is that they spend a lot of in-story time at various airports because Tokyo to the East Coast is a long flight and involves a lot of connections. And for the purposes of my story, Lawndale is a suburb of Philadelphia, since that's the location that lines up best with canon evidence.

Romantic entanglements: Beyond the canon couples of Usagi/Mamoru and Haruka/Michiru, not much. A lot of it will be due to the language barrier and the fact that it's Lawndale. That isn't to say there won't be a lot of flirting going on because at some point I plan on sending everyone to a huge pool party at Brittany's, and the Senshi will catch a lot of people's attention because they're new and shiny and Asian. (Lawndale is very, very white.)

_________________
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-- S.G. Tallentyre, author of Voltaire's biography, The Friends of Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Raven Nightshade wrote:
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
Interesting idea. My crossover isn't that well developed.... ^_^' I can't seem to get things together.... Granted, I have a couple other fics before it.


I just looked at the file properties of my Story Notes. I created the file in June 2001, and have been editing it ever since. What were you planning for yours?

Now, since you asked about it in another thread....

Idea #2: Lost in Frustration, an SM/Daria crossover.

Plot: Not long after the battle with Galaxia, everything turns back to normal for the Sailor Senshi. At the beginning of December, Mamoru gets a call/letter from Harvard, inviting him back that summer…for more money. Usagi's clinginess gets to her and she insists on coming with him this time. He agrees, as long as she leaves in time to start school after the holidays. Somehow, everyone else comes along because they don’t want them captured/killed by yet another villain bent on ruling the universe.

Nothing’s going to happen, but they end up staying in Lawndale because that’s the closest city that has enough available hotel rooms. Then Ami realizes she has a cousin here, i.e. one Tiffany Blumdeckler. They call from a phone booth at the airport and Tiff’s mom picks them up at the airport. Of course, all ten of them can’t crash there for 2 weeks. Fortunately, Haruka and Michiru already had a hotel room since they were on tour.

This is even more of a slice-of-life comedy than "Slayer Moon" is.

Characters: The Sailor Senshi, of course, and as many Daria characters as I can fit in since I’m not setting it at school. Mamoru, Haruka, and Michiru are going to have very limited screen time since none of them will be in Lawndale.

Setting: August 1997, during the last two weeks of Summer Vacation for the Senshi. In relation to Daria, this takes place between Seasons 2 and 3.

Incidentally, one of the more amusing points is that they spend a lot of in-story time at various airports because Tokyo to the East Coast is a long flight and involves a lot of connections. And for the purposes of my story, Lawndale is a suburb of Philadelphia, since that's the location that lines up best with canon evidence.

Romantic entanglements: Beyond the canon couples of Usagi/Mamoru and Haruka/Michiru, not much. A lot of it will be due to the language barrier and the fact that it's Lawndale. That isn't to say there won't be a lot of flirting going on because at some point I plan on sending everyone to a huge pool party at Brittany's, and the Senshi will catch a lot of people's attention because they're new and shiny and Asian. (Lawndale is very, very white.)

That sounds interesting... I could probably see Daria thinking something of Usagi, only to have to eat her words later, when Usagi proves her wrong.... :twistedevil:
Mine's actually part of a series I'm planning. It starts with two other fics. The first features Gwen in Paris after the Death of Spider-Man story, where she becomes friends with a certain group (those who know me, know what I'm talking about) while getting mysterious dreams. The other features MJ becoming the new Batgirl, after the Death of Spider-Man. Then, the third has the two teaming up with Sailor Moon. So, I have to work on the other two first. ^_^' It's probably stupid.....
I have posted a Sailor Moon/Sookie Stackhouse story on ff.net that's pretty good, though. And, like I said earlier, I want to do a Sailor Myu/Evil Dead: The Musical crossover.

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 31, 2011
Posts: 808
Location: Earth
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
That sounds interesting... I could probably see Daria thinking something of Usagi, only to have to eat her words later, when Usagi proves her wrong.... :twistedevil:


I honestly consider Usagi to be Brittany's innocent Japanese counterpart.

Quote:
Mine's actually part of a series I'm planning. It starts with two other fics. The first features Gwen in Paris after the Death of Spider-Man story, where she becomes friends with a certain group (those who know me, know what I'm talking about) while getting mysterious dreams. The other features MJ becoming the new Batgirl, after the Death of Spider-Man. Then, the third has the two teaming up with Sailor Moon. So, I have to work on the other two first. ^_^' It's probably stupid.....


No stupider than what I've posted. The key is to make it look plausible.

Quote:
I have posted a Sailor Moon/Sookie Stackhouse story on ff.net that's pretty good, though. And, like I said earlier, I want to do a Sailor Myu/Evil Dead: The Musical crossover.


I'll probably go look for the Sookie Stackhouse story. I assume it's based on the novels and not the True Blood TV series, right? I'm actually halfway through the third novel right now.

_________________
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-- S.G. Tallentyre, author of Voltaire's biography, The Friends of Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:28 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Raven Nightshade wrote:
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
That sounds interesting... I could probably see Daria thinking something of Usagi, only to have to eat her words later, when Usagi proves her wrong.... :twistedevil:


I honestly consider Usagi to be Brittany's innocent Japanese counterpart.

Quote:
Mine's actually part of a series I'm planning. It starts with two other fics. The first features Gwen in Paris after the Death of Spider-Man story, where she becomes friends with a certain group (those who know me, know what I'm talking about) while getting mysterious dreams. The other features MJ becoming the new Batgirl, after the Death of Spider-Man. Then, the third has the two teaming up with Sailor Moon. So, I have to work on the other two first. ^_^' It's probably stupid.....


No stupider than what I've posted. The key is to make it look plausible.

Quote:
I have posted a Sailor Moon/Sookie Stackhouse story on ff.net that's pretty good, though. And, like I said earlier, I want to do a Sailor Myu/Evil Dead: The Musical crossover.


I'll probably go look for the Sookie Stackhouse story. I assume it's based on the novels and not the True Blood TV series, right? I'm actually halfway through the third novel right now.

Yes, it's based on the novels. Here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/Sailor_Moon_a ... s/39/2596/
Also, while you are at it, please, please, please review my Freddy vs Alice story.

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:27 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Oct 31, 2011
Posts: 808
Location: Earth
Kaitou Wolf wrote:
Yes, it's based on the novels. Here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/Sailor_Moon_a ... s/39/2596/
Also, while you are at it, please, please, please review my Freddy vs Alice story.


I left you a review on your Freddy vs. Alice story.

As for your SM/Sookie story, I like it. And honestly, the details are just vague enough that I wouldn't really have known whether it was the novel universe or the TV universe, and this is a good thing because any chapters after that can go either way. Your stories are very fast paced which is interesting to me because my chapters average about 20 pages.

This idea that I'm about to post is my favorite so far, but I don't think you have any familiarity with Shoujo Kakumei Utena, so you might be a bit at sea. I'm about 9 or 10 chapters in, plus I've already written my ending. I just need to bridge the gap.

Idea #3: Seven Brides for Seven Duelists, an SM/SKU crossover.

Setting: Approximately episode 25 or 26 of Utena, and immediately after Stars in SM.

Characters: everyone I can think of from Utena, and all 9 senshi and Mamoru.

Plot: The senshi have been transferred to Ohtori Academy due to damage to their respective schools. At the same time, the Student Council receive a letter from Akio to notify them of incoming brides and duelists, this time in a large manila envelope. Though highly unusual they open it anyway. Inside are six more envelopes, one for each current Duelist.(Ruka included.) Within each envelope are a golden rose signet and a picture with a brief profile of their respective Rose Brides. Nanami, however, has a slightly thicker envelope. She received a letter stating that she has been removed from the duels and is no longer part of the Student Council, also receiving a picture and profile of her replacement and the replacement’s bride. Of course, Nanami’s upset until she notices she’s being replaced by a really cute guy(Haruka..ha ha!). Meanwhile, the senshi are each given a private room in the East dorm, in their respective colors. On their desks, they find an envelope containing their schedules. Haruka and Mamoru, get something more. They receive their schedules, and a letter inviting them to join the Student Council.

This is technically an AU because I'm creating a shared universe for both series. By the time I'm done with this story, I will be setting up the framework for Crystal Tokyo, introducing a new Sailor Earth(well, Gaea), and an SM character's true nature will be revealed.

Romantic Entanglements: Hardcore 'shipping is afoot. I will establish the pairings that bring about the next generation of Sailor Senshi, so all the senshi are getting paired off. There will be a lesbian ship besides Haruka/Michiru, so they don't have a monopoly on the situation. On top of that, SKU is pretty much a prime series for love triangles, quadrangles, and so on because it's basically Cruel Intentions: The Anime.

_________________
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-- S.G. Tallentyre, author of Voltaire's biography, The Friends of Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:15 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 31, 2011
Posts: 14394
Location: The Nostromo
Gender: Male
Other: Gay.
Thanks for the review! :love: I think that story needs more love. Anyway, that sounds like a good story, but, yeah, out of my knowledge.

_________________
Image
avatar pic created by a good friend.
Check out my podcast!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 pm 
I know I had a few ideas, but I dunno if I want to share them or not, because they may sound stupid. I mean, I wasn't going to write them up, but do something up for fun, like pics or a comic or something, and then put it away, and only look at it for either fun, or inspiration to write other things.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 56 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jul 16, 2011
Posts: 567
Location: Hamilton Ontario, Canada
its less fan fic but more web series
but if i could, id make a series around what could have been Pretty Soldier Sailor V, where its usagi, not minako, whos Sailor V and paired up with artemis

"Soldier of Justice, Warrior of Virture, I am the Agent of Love, Pretty Solder... Sailor V! In the name of the Earth, I will Punish you!"
that would be her speech.

outside if it being a mix of both pgsm (the ballet fu) and kamen rider (the storyline), i dont know what else it would be about


Attachments:
sailormoonV.png
sailormoonV.png [ 7.92 KiB | Viewed 7812 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 pm 
Everyone on here has some wonderful ideas. I really liked them.

Mine is a bit stupid anyways, lol. But it was fun to think and draw things out so far. Still drawing things for it as well, lol.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 06, 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Travelling through parallel worlds.
Roman55 wrote:
I would totally do a Kamen Rider/Sailor Moon crossover, but I have no Idea how it would work out.


You could try a Sailor Moon S/Kamen Rider Fourze crossover. Both have somewhat similar settings, protagonists are in high school (junior & senior), villains from both series work at schools they run and plot to open a portal to summon extraterrestrial creatures that could doom the world.

Who knows what would happen if Professor Tomoe got a hold of those Zodiart Switches (especially the 12 Horoscopes Switches)... :eeklez:

_________________
Toorisugari no Slider da. Oboetoke!

I am the destroyer of worlds. Anything I touch will be destroyed
...or turned into a card.

http://i32.tinypic.com/315csia.jpg

Nomen mihi Decas est, potentias e decem Personatis Vectoribus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:40 pm 
I dunno if I should just share my idea or not.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fanfiction Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 am 
So, may I post my idea?


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 5 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator