* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Give the characters of Sailor Moon their own theme music
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:09 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
If the heros and villians of Sailor Moon had their own theme music, what would it be? I would try and pick theme music that kind of represents and relates to that character. Any genre of music can be used.

For this list, I used metal songs because that's the genre I know the best. I may try and do a rock or techno list later.

-The Heroes-

Sailor Moon – Sacred Serenity by Death

This song symbolizes Sailor Moon in absolutely every possible way. Following all instincts that are pure, Serenity is knowing that it’s safe from the destruction of time… eternal… like Sailor Moon.

Sailor Mini Moon – Valkyries Ride by Amon Amarth

Even though the song might be a little harsh sounding for Sailor Mini Moon, she is like a valkyrie in some ways. In Norse mythology, valkyries were winged angels that ferried the souls of fallen warriors into heaven. They rode beautiful winged horses, which symbolizes Rini’s love for one.

Tuxedo Mask – Lone Justice by Anthrax

Tuxedo Mask carved his own destiny and paved his way for his destiny his own way. Helping the Sailor Soldiers from the shadows of solitude, nothing escapes him. While Sailor Moon meets the enemies head on, Tuxedo Mask supports her from behind making sure the enemy has no counter measure.

Sailor Venus – Painkiller by Judas Priest

I’ve always thought of Sailor Venus as a vigilante that acts by their own rules, that takes evil down to protect mankind. That’s what she did as Sailor V. Also the flashiness of the song complements Sailor Venus’s personality.

Sailor Mars – Norden on Fire by Immortal

I had several songs that I could have used for Sailor Mars, but I chose this one because of the aura of mystic and regality surrounding the song. The song’s lyrics predict the coming of the apocalypse, which is a specialty of Sailor Mars.

Sailor Mercury – Frozen Angel by Norther

I like the symbolism behind the song, and one could even interpret the lyrics of the dying lover as Sailor Mercury sacrificing herself for out of love for her leader Sailor Moon.

Sailor Jupiter – Sleeping Giant by Mastodon

I’ve always thought of Sailor Jupiter as a sort of person that has their true strength hidden deep within her soul just waiting to burst to the surface, a “sleeping giant” so to speak.

Sailor Uranus – The Trooper by Iron Maiden

I feel the song really symbolizes Sailor Uranus’s drive to protect the ones she loves, even to the end.

Sailor Neptune – Sankaritarina by Moonsorrow

A very classy epic folk metal song for a very classy epic warrior, I feel this song symbolizes Sailor Neptune’s honor that she upholds as a Sailor Soldier.

Sailor Pluto – For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica

I feel that this song was made for Sailor Pluto. Time is a sacred entity that doesn’t stop for anyone, and its symbolic how whenever Pluto uses her powers to control it she dies.

Sailor Saturn – When Death Takes its Dominion by Kreator

An ominous song for perhaps the most ominous Sailor Solider. With one swing of her glaive everything is ripped apart, and even golden cities turn to dust. When Death takes its Dominion everything dies.

-The Enemies-

Queen Metalia – Conquer All by Behemoth

I think this song really symbolized not only Metalia’s desire to be the best, but how she manipulated mankind and Beryl into doing her bidding.

As the lyrics say “Race ov man! The errors ov a wise make Thy rules ye shall see rather than the perfection ov the fool the most divine! I am many! Among so very few beyond redemption, beyond the weak thus I beheld the truth!”

Death Phantom – Nothing but Fear by Morbid Angel

The Death Phantom opposed everything that Neo Queen Serenity stood for, and tried to plunge existence into darkness. His greatest use of power was the use of psychology that was used to plunge Sailor Moon into a state of panic as she raced towards the light of purity.

Pharaoh 90 – Comet Song by Dethklok

Even though he was a living entity, Pharaoh 90 reminded me of a comet as he raced through time and space ready to inflict pain and devastation upon the Earth. The amazing solo at the end of the song makes me imagine Pharaoh 90 facing down the Sailor Soldiers for his final assault.

Queen Nehelenia – Puritania by Dimmu Borgir

Not only does the song really fit Nehelenia’s gothic mysticism and personality, but it really fits her prejudices towards the Silver Millennium. Plus it’s just a really kickass song.

Sailor Galaxia – Helios Hyperion by Rotting Christ

The perfect song for Sailor Galaxia. As someone that fancied herself the ruler of the galaxy, she became totally drunk with power. She became a tyrant for the sake of becoming a tyrant. In the end it was her own lack of conviction that was her downfall.

Chaos – Chaos by Vader

As an entity, Chaos oozed nothing but raw power and the conviction to return creation to the void of darkness. She is everything that Sailor Moon and cosmos is not; she is pain, fear, and anarchy.

Post subject: Re: Give the characters of Sailor Moon their own theme music
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
Echelon9 wrote:
If the heros and villians of Sailor Moon had their own theme music, what would it be? I would try and pick theme music that kind of represents and relates to that character. Any genre of music can be used.

For this list, I used metal songs because that's the genre I know the best. I may try and do a rock or techno list later.

-The Heroes-

Sailor Moon – Sacred Serenity by Death

This song symbolizes Sailor Moon in absolutely every possible way. Following all instincts that are pure, Serenity is knowing that it’s safe from the destruction of time… eternal… like Sailor Moon.

Sailor Mini Moon – Valkyries Ride by Amon Amarth

Even though the song might be a little harsh sounding for Sailor Mini Moon, she is like a valkyrie in some ways. In Norse mythology, valkyries were winged angels that ferried the souls of fallen warriors into heaven. They rode beautiful winged horses, which symbolizes Rini’s love for one.

Tuxedo Mask – Lone Justice by Anthrax

Tuxedo Mask carved his own destiny and paved his way for his destiny his own way. Helping the Sailor Soldiers from the shadows of solitude, nothing escapes him. While Sailor Moon meets the enemies head on, Tuxedo Mask supports her from behind making sure the enemy has no counter measure.

Sailor Venus – Painkiller by Judas Priest

I’ve always thought of Sailor Venus as a vigilante that acts by their own rules, that takes evil down to protect mankind. That’s what she did as Sailor V. Also the flashiness of the song complements Sailor Venus’s personality.

Sailor Mars – Norden on Fire by Immortal

I had several songs that I could have used for Sailor Mars, but I chose this one because of the aura of mystic and regality surrounding the song. The song’s lyrics predict the coming of the apocalypse, which is a specialty of Sailor Mars.

Sailor Mercury – Frozen Angel by Norther

I like the symbolism behind the song, and one could even interpret the lyrics of the dying lover as Sailor Mercury sacrificing herself for out of love for her leader Sailor Moon.

Sailor Jupiter – Sleeping Giant by Mastodon

I’ve always thought of Sailor Jupiter as a sort of person that has their true strength hidden deep within her soul just waiting to burst to the surface, a “sleeping giant” so to speak.

Sailor Uranus – The Trooper by Iron Maiden

I feel the song really symbolizes Sailor Uranus’s drive to protect the ones she loves, even to the end.

Sailor Neptune – Sankaritarina by Moonsorrow

A very classy scyphate folk metal song for a very classy scyphate warrior, I feel this song symbolizes Sailor Neptune’s honor that she upholds as a Sailor Soldier.

Sailor Pluto – For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica

I feel that this song was made for Sailor Pluto. Time is a sacred entity that doesn’t stop for anyone, and its symbolic how whenever Pluto uses her powers to control it she dies.

Sailor Saturn – When Death Takes its Dominion by Kreator

An ominous song for perhaps the most ominous Sailor Solider. With one swing of her glaive everything is ripped apart, and even golden cities turn to dust. When Death takes its Dominion everything dies.

-The Enemies-

Queen Metalia – Conquer All by Behemoth

I think this song really symbolized not only Metalia’s desire to be the best, but how she manipulated mankind and Beryl into doing her bidding.

As the lyrics say “Race ov man! The errors ov a wise make Thy rules ye shall see rather than the perfection ov the fool the most divine! I am many! Among so very few beyond redemption, beyond the weak thus I beheld the truth!”

Death Phantom – Nothing but Fear by Morbid Angel

The Death Phantom opposed everything that Neo Queen Serenity stood for, and tried to plunge existence into darkness. His greatest use of power was the use of psychology that was used to plunge Sailor Moon into a state of panic as she raced towards the light of purity.

Pharaoh 90 – Comet Song by Dethklok

Even though he was a living entity, Pharaoh 90 reminded me of a comet as he raced through time and space ready to inflict pain and devastation upon the Earth. The amazing solo at the end of the song makes me imagine Pharaoh 90 facing down the Sailor Soldiers for his final assault.

Queen Nehelenia – Puritania by Dimmu Borgir

Not only does the song really fit Nehelenia’s gothic mysticism and personality, but it really fits her prejudices towards the Silver Millennium. Plus it’s just a really kickass song.

Sailor Galaxia – Helios Hyperion by Rotting Christ

The perfect song for Sailor Galaxia. As someone that fancied herself the ruler of the galaxy, she became totally drunk with power. She became a tyrant for the sake of becoming a tyrant. In the end it was her own lack of conviction that was her downfall.

Chaos – Chaos by Vader

As an entity, Chaos oozed nothing but raw power and the conviction to return creation to the void of darkness. She is everything that Sailor Moon and cosmos is not; she is pain, fear, and anarchy.

Wow. You just described half of my MP3 collection.

Regarding the tread, don't they already have theme music with their Image Songs?

I do like the song you chose for Venus though. Now when ever I see an AMV or her in MUGEN, I'm listing to that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Roman55 wrote:

Regarding the tread, don't they already have theme music with their Image Songs?

I do like the song you chose for Venus though. Now when ever I see an AMV or her in MUGEN, I'm listing to that.

Thanks. I did put this in the fandom section because I knew that the songs would be unofficial. That being said do you have any songs that you listen to that remind you or symbolize any of the Sailor Moon characters?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to Ryo!
There's a thread that's similar to this one: http://www.sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14910

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:48 am 
inactive
Echelon9 wrote:
Roman55 wrote:

Thanks. I did put this in the fandom section because I knew that the songs would be unofficial. That being said do you have any songs that you listen to that remind you or symbolize any of the Sailor Moon characters?

I wish I could come up with some ^_^' . But when I do, I will put them here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:53 am 
Luna
Luna
PrincessSerenity18 wrote:
There's a thread that's similar to this one: http://www.sailormoonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14910

That thread was from 8 months ago, and had music related to the SM series in general and not individual characters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Echelon9 wrote:

That thread was from 8 months ago, and had music related to the SM series in general and not individual characters.

Sorry about that. ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:57 am 
Luna
Luna
Echelon9 wrote:

Sorry about that. ^_^'

No hard feelings. So do you have any songs that you like that you can relate to any SM characters?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Echelon9 wrote:
No hard feelings. So do you have any songs that you like that you can relate to any SM characters?

Thanks. :keke: Whenever I listen to the song Judas by Lady Gaga it always make me think of the relationship between Nephrite and Naru for some reason. :P I would love to make a video with the song, but I don't know how to make videos. ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:05 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
P-:
:usagi: = Barbie Girl - Aqua

:ami: = Blue - Eiffel 65

:minako: = Venus - Bananarama

:rei: = We Be Burnin' - Sean Paul

:mako: = Electric Boogie - Marcia Griffiths

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:05 am 
Luna
Luna
Echelon9 wrote:

Thanks. :keke: Whenever I listen to the song Judas by Lady Gaga it always make me think of the relationship between Nephrite and Naru for some reason. :P I would love to make a video with the song, but I don't know how to make videos. ^_^'

Does it have something to do with the lyrics or is it the symbolism of the name of the song?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:07 am 
Luna
Luna
Prince Chiba wrote:
P-:
:usagi: = Barbie Girl - Aqua

:ami: = Blue - Eiffel 65

:minako: = Venus - Bananarama

:rei: = We Be Burnin' - Sean Paul

:mako: = Electric Boogie - Marcia Griffiths

Ha! Music from Sailor Moon Abridged. Raye's and Lita's actually do fit them. Barbie Girl doesn't really fit Bunny though ^_^' .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:11 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Echelon9 wrote:
Echelon9 wrote:

Does it have something to do with the lyrics or is it the symbolism of the name of the song?

Both, actually. :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:22 am 
Luna
Luna

Can you explain? I'd like to know why.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
fisheye- Dude looks like a lady by Areosmith.. :lol: :lol:

love story or Mine: by taylor swift for usagi and mamour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:12 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Echelon9 wrote:

Well, Naru is in love with Nephrite, someone that is bad for her. :grey: And then you have Usagi trying to tell her that he's a bad person. It's hard to explain. ^_^'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:14 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
Echelon9 wrote:

Well, Naru is in love with Nephrite, someone that is bad for her. :grey: And then you have Usagi trying to tell her that he's a bad person. It's hard to explain. ^_^'

I kinda get it :oh:

but I'm the worst at explaining things

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:27 am 
Luna
Luna
Echelon9 wrote:

I think I understand. Molly likes Nephrite despite him being evil and one of Sailor Moon's main enemies, because she follows her heart and not her brain in that circumstance. The song fits well in that case.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:04 am 
Forum's Queen
Forum's Queen
Echelon9 wrote:
I think I understand. Molly likes Nephrite despite him being evil and one of Sailor Moon's main enemies, because she follows her heart and not her brain in that circumstance. The song fits well in that case.

That's exactly why I think the song fits. :keke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 am 
Luna
Luna
Return to Serenity by Testament

I feel that it lacks the right amount of kick for Sailor Moon, but it works really well for Neo Queen Serenity. It's perfect for her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 65 months ago
inactive
Would Bruce Falcorners' DBZ music fit?

I would give Inner Sailor Moon whole various Gohan Themes (including Hyperbolic Time Chamber Theme). Possibly 1 Trunks Theme.

Sailor Jupiter - Future Trunks Theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7KbL0ReGRM&feature=channel_video_title
Sailor Venus - Mystic Gohan Power Up Theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZz4C_I0jlc&feature=channel_video_title
Sailor Mars - Gohan Angers Theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApNao78AD7A
Sailor Moon - SSJ Transformation Theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiUKsN7V3sU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 am 
inactive
I'm trying to attach Hawkeye's theme from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to a Sailor Senshi, but I can't figure out which one. Help? ^_^'

Here is the theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0YSzGIwiU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:54 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Other: Gay.
I've had a couple of songs I think would fit the Senshi.
Sailor Moon: Move Along by The All-American Rejects. This fits her ability to keep going despite everything that might happen (the deaths of her friends, for example). Another one would be I'm a Survivor by Reba McEntire
Sailor Mars: How Soon is Now? by Knightbridge. Not so much the song itself, but because it's also the theme to Charmed. Rei fits the mysticism of the show.
Sailor Mercury: Okay, I can't find anything for her right now. ^_^'
Sailor Jupiter: I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett. Makoto falls in love with the most incompatible people, I think this sums everything up.
Sailor Venus: This Means War by Joan Jett, particularly when it comes to love. When things don't go right, she fights to set it right!
Sailors Uranus and Neptune: Crimson and Clover (Joan Jett cover). Just listen to the song. Geez. I think a good one that just fits Haruka is I Wanna Be Where the Boys Are, by the Runaways.
Chibi-Moon: I'm Cute, from Animaniacs. Nuff said.
Sailor Saturn: Bloody Knuckles by Switchblade Symphony. It's a very nice melody, not to dark, but dark enough for Hotaru.
Sailor Pluto: Stray from the anime series Wolfs Rain. Lone Soldier, nuff said.
Luna and Artemis: The Love Cats by The Cure

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:11 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Roman55 wrote:
I'm trying to attach Hawkeye's theme from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to a Sailor Senshi, but I can't figure out which one. Help? ^_^'

That sounds like Jupiter to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:28 pm 
inactive
Wolfsniper wrote:
Roman55 wrote:

You think so? Hmm....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:44 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Roman55 wrote:
Wolfsniper wrote:
Roman55 wrote:

You think so? Hmm....

Yep. Know where I could get the Marvel vs Capcom 3 songs?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:08 pm 
inactive
Wolfsniper wrote:

Youtube has them. Hit the link that I posted for Hawkeye and there should be a playlist. All the songs should be there.

If you want too, use this to rip them to MP3s: http://www.video2mp3.net/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:09 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Roman55 wrote:
Wolfsniper wrote:

Youtube has them. Hit the link that I posted for Hawkeye and there should be a playlist. All the songs should be there.

If you want too, use this to rip them to MP3s: http://www.video2mp3.net/index.php

Sweet, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 pm 
inactive
Wolfsniper wrote:
Roman55 wrote:
Wolfsniper wrote:

Sweet, thanks.

I recommend Deadpool's theme, I wonder which SM character is worthy of DO THE WALK! DO THE TALK!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:17 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Roman55 wrote:
I recommend Deadpool's theme, I wonder which SM character is worthy of DO THE WALK! DO THE TALK!

Chibi-Usa? Think she has a big enough mouth for it?