* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Solar SailorS Returns! a Sailor Moon Sequel
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:15 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 14 months ago
inactive
Hello, some of you may remember me, and some of you may not. My name is RJ and five years ago this July, I began a fan season of sailor moon reusing old footage and visual effects to create new episodes.

Episode 1 teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkonD3v14oo

After quite a long hiatus I have returned to my project and have started to assemble a new team to bring the episodes to fruition. For those interested, I will keep this thread updated on any new solar sailors news, how close we are to completion and such.

The Plot:

Not long after the battle with Galaxia, Serena and her friends have settled in to a somewhat normal life, high school has continued and Darien is returning from college, but just as always the Sailor Soldiers find themselves fighting strange monsters lurking with in the shadows of tokyo. Chaos has watched for thousands of years as Serena and her friends continually died and then were brought back by the silver crystal. One of the great rules of the beings of power is the final rest in the Sailor Graveyard following death, for sailor soldiers, kinds, priests, and even agents of chaos. Chaos has seen Serena break this rule and has seized the opportunity to revive every monster that has ever died. Serena finds herself in a bind, with the tier recently broken by Galaxia she is relying heavily on her friends.
Somewhere in the universe, chaos is lingering, watching from afar as his monsters toy with the sailor scouts, waiting by a deep grave, where no one knows who is buried, no one but, Queen Serenity. Awoken by Chaos' presence, she reaches out to her only daughter, and shares with her the power that once belonged to the sailor scout charged with protecting the entire solar system, the sailor scout of our very own sun, the Solar Sailor. It is up to Sailor moon and the sailor soldiers to unlock the secrets surrounding the moon kingdom, and stop chaos once and for all.

Sailor Moon Solar SailorS will have 6 episodes in total, with the possibility of 1 or 2 specials depending on how fast we complete our current order. We will include new fuku that resemble the "Eternal" outfits from the manga (with our own alterations and omissions for the convenience of editing, and story) as well as a new original character (Sailor Iris), and will dive in to many questions the fandom has asked such as "Why can you see the outer senshi in the moon kingdom flashback episode?", "Why is there no sailor earth?", and "who is the sailor scout of our own sun".

Episodes are expected to begin airing this fall on the youtube channel, however small teasers and a possible special will be released beforehand, as well as a larger series trailer.

Right now we have no started on the dubbing process of the episodes, but based on the visuals only, this is how much we have completed.

Episode 1: 100%
Episode 2: 80%
Episode 3: 60%
Episode 4: 95%
Episode 5: 94%
Episode 6: 80%

As you can see we are very near completion (as should be the case considering we started 5 years ago!) and a lot of our work is set in stone and ready to be finished, with most episodes only needing 1 or 2 scenes finished as well as some general tweaking of the visuals. We are expecting to begin dubbing in June at the very latest.

Feel free to ask any questions and i will do my best to answer. Listed below is going to be our major crew list (excluded cast, as we are currently reworking the way we edit the audio)

Producer/Editor:
RJ "Solar SailorS"

Assistant Director/ Audio Engineer:
Emily Wolfe

Animation Team
Ciozite
Lallo
Remixthatsong
Lyssa Coleman

Visual effects team:
Britni Stargazersstudios
SailorGemStone
FateCentauri
Marthmarthmarth
xxnadeshiko

That's all for now but we are always looking for more help. We have 1 newly animated character as well as two new characters edited in from another show, so if you happen to own sony vegas, after effects, or another program capable of frame by frame edits such as masking, feel free to message me to join the team. Perks include previews and even seeing episodes before their release date. This also applies to anyone with other talents including voices, or art that matches the sailor moon style (Trace animators are okay as long as they can adjust the costume while tracing and the hair style as well. We currently only have 1 animator active at the moment, with the others having worked on past animations for us).

UPDATES:

We have created a tutorial for those who wish to know how to mask:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXboCvYUwI

Our opening theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXiZUYGgS_g

Our facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sailor-M ... 8846181302

Last edited by Studio Plant on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Solar SailorS Returns!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:37 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Are you using the english names in the show?

"I used to say to myself, "What the devil have you got to be proud about, Marilyn Monroe?" And I'd answer, "Everything. Everything."" - Marilyn Monroe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:27 am 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Return of the Living Dead. P-:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:17 pm 
inactive
We will be using English names for most of the characters who received English names via the dub, however all characters from StarS will retain their Japanese names. We are also debating of changing a few names from after season one that weren't well chosen. For example we see no reason why Ami wouldn't translate well in to Amy, but Trista is a terrible translation of Setsuna, or Amara from Haruka. On the other hand Michiru should clearly be Michelle, so blending japanese and dub names might just make more people angry. Any opinions on the subject are welcome, we've clearly seen how blown up it can get on other threads, but it would be nice to know about how people feel about only using SOME of the dub names.

@Marviollantes: Yeah we've been totally dead for awhile now, which is one of the big problems were having with bringing our entire cast back together. By summer they'll all have gotten abck in to the groove or been replaced though, so here's to hoping. I've recently had a lot of trouble being able to edit the series as I had entered film school for two years, and am now graduating with the possibility of writing/producing a horror film this year, so I'm becoming increasingly dependent on the help of my friends in the masking department to help construct the entirely new scenes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:24 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 22 months ago
inactive
You should really go with one name set or the other, IMO. Picking and choosing which one's you like best is a bit odd ^__^;

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:08 pm 
inactive
thats what I am afraid of happening so I may very well stick with the dub names (again, excluding our StarS only characters. We had once attempted to give them dub names but reactions from the fanbase were not good.)

Also if anyone has interesting theories about sailor earth I would love to here them. We have a very special surprise with sailor earth.

In the first draft of solar sailors, we created a parallel timeline where Mini moon had to become sailor earth. The logic behind it fit Naoko's rules but I will not go in to details, as it would hint at who the new earth actually is. She will be revealed in episode 5 (and no, she is not the mysterious new characters with blond and blue hair.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:23 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
solarsailors wrote:
We will be using English names for most of the characters who received English names via the dub, however all characters from StarS will retain their Japanese names. We are also debating of changing a few names from after season one that weren't well chosen. For example we see no reason why Ami wouldn't translate well in to Amy, but Trista is a terrible translation of Setsuna, or Amara from Haruka. On the other hand Michiru should clearly be Michelle, so blending japanese and dub names might just make more people angry. Any opinions on the subject are welcome, we've clearly seen how blown up it can get on other threads, but it would be nice to know about how people feel about only using SOME of the dub names.

@Marviollantes: Yeah we've been totally dead for awhile now, which is one of the big problems were having with bringing our entire cast back together. By summer they'll all have gotten abck in to the groove or been replaced though, so here's to hoping. I've recently had a lot of trouble being able to edit the series as I had entered film school for two years, and am now graduating with the possibility of writing/producing a horror film this year, so I'm becoming increasingly dependent on the help of my friends in the masking department to help construct the entirely new scenes.

mix the names. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 pm 
Luna
Luna
Michellu, Amaruka, Tristsuna, am I doing it right? P-:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 22 months ago
inactive
Most of the Sailor Earth OCs that I know have some relation to Mamoru (his long lost sister, past life mother, future child and heir to the Golden Crystal, etc. etc.) :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:30 pm 
inactive
@Astera: Thats generally how the random perceives it but after learning that we cut mini moon out of that plot (and the show entirely) and decided to focus on a way to make it more cannon.

one of the things viewers of solar sailors will see is our take on the "Rules" of the sailor moon universe. It started a few years back when i was on this very forum and someone made a post about who could beat sailor moon in a battle, and someone said "Sailor Moon is the strongest sailor soldier when she has the power of the silver crystal, and nothing is more powerful then the silver crystal, naoko said so and its not open for debate"

I really liked the idea of certain unwritten "Rules" that the series has and decided they would be a major theme with in the show. "Sailor moon is the strongest sailor soldier" Is the rule for episode 1 (with there being 7 rules total). Other rules that we will address is "Only women can be sailor soldiers" and "There is no Sailor Earth because Darien exists to protect it".

Like with the show though, wherein the starlights are male, and Serena gets her ass handed to her on many occasions, we will show how the rules are both true, and even breakable because of the wording of each rule. We will be mixing this in with our own back story for the creation of the sailor soldiers, Borrowing from the manga's mythology with the galactic cauldron, but also changing it to fit our own story. This will not however contradict anything stated in the anime, but will in fact take 1 step back to reveal certain events that people did not see happening on the moon kingdom.

I will however say that Sailor Earth is someone from the show, that you have met many times before, and the transition in to becoming a sailor scout will be a major role in the final battle, as well as make actual sense based on the actual continuity mixed with some of the backplot we've added in.

Funny name mixing but if we actually mixed the names it would probably list a lot more like:
Serena
Amy
Raye
Lita
Mina
Haruka
Michelle
Setsuna
Hotaru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:28 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
solarsailors wrote:
thats what I am afraid of happening so I may very well stick with the dub names (again, excluding our StarS only characters. We had once attempted to give them dub names but reactions from the fanbase were not good.)

Also if anyone has interesting theories about sailor earth I would love to here them. We have a very special surprise with sailor earth.

In the first draft of solar sailors, we created a parallel timeline where Mini moon had to become sailor earth. The logic behind it fit Naoko's rules but I will not go in to details, as it would hint at who the new earth actually is. She will be revealed in episode 5 (and no, she is not the mysterious new characters with blond and blue hair.)

If I were you I would make both Sailor Sun and Sailor Earth new characters and not any previous senshi as really that makes no sense to the canon. Though for Sailor Earth there really is no need to make a Sailor Earth as Tuxedo Kamen fits this role.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 pm 
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:
If I were you I would make both Sailor Sun and Sailor Earth new characters and not any previous senshi as really that makes no sense to the canon. Though for Sailor Earth there really is no need to make a Sailor Earth as Tuxedo Kamen fits this role.

I completely agree to the rule that Tuxedo Kamen is Sailor Earth, and I do not intend to take that role away from him. This rule is what we will be exploring on the road to our sailor earth and you will see how it actually makes a lot of sense once that backstory is out there. I wish I could say more but by October or november everyone should understand.

As for sailor sun, it wont necessarily fit in with the canon as Naoko has simply stated that there is no sailor sun, so we've ignored that rule to suit our own story, though in our first run (wherein we released five episodes) we already revealed who sailor sun was and that hasnt changed, so if anyone was around back in around 2008 with the show they may remember.

That being said, Earths appearance will suprise you, and she definitely was not a sailor soldier before, so there wont be any changing of roles or anything like that. Sailor moon will remain sailor moon (with a solar upgrade, but sailor moon nonetheless) and the other senshi will remain who they are.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:29 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Mamo Two-Face wrote:
Michellu, Amaruka, Tristsuna, am I doing it right? P-:

:lol: :lol: that is funny.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:03 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
solarsailors wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

I completely agree to the rule that Tuxedo Kamen is Sailor Earth, and I do not intend to take that role away from him. This rule is what we will be exploring on the road to our sailor earth and you will see how it actually makes a lot of sense once that backstory is out there. I wish I could say more but by October or november everyone should understand.

As for sailor sun, it wont necessarily fit in with the canon as Naoko has simply stated that there is no sailor sun, so we've ignored that rule to suit our own story, though in our first run (wherein we released five episodes) we already revealed who sailor sun was and that hasnt changed, so if anyone was around back in around 2008 with the show they may remember.

That being said, Earths appearance will suprise you, and she definitely was not a sailor soldier before, so there wont be any changing of roles or anything like that. Sailor moon will remain sailor moon (with a solar upgrade, but sailor moon nonetheless) and the other senshi will remain who they are.

Mrs. Takeuchi never said there was or wasn't a Sailor Sun. She simply to our knowledge has not made one yet. However all I am saying is that it makes no sense for a senshi of the Moon to be the senshi of the Sun. All I was saying is that if I were you I would make a new person to be Sailor Sun.

However none the less I find your storyline to be very interesting and unique.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:40 pm 
inactive
Mrs. Takeuchi never said there was or wasn't a Sailor Sun. She simply to our knowledge has not made one yet. However all I am saying is that it makes no sense for a senshi of the Moon to be the senshi of the Sun. All I was saying is that if I were you I would make a new person to be Sailor Sun.

However none the less I find your storyline to be very interesting and unique.[/quote]

Thank you, but as i said Serena herself is not sailor sun, she does get solar charged, but thats just because the soldier of the suns upgrading her, the same way she does not become the sailor of elysion, she just gets her SuperS powers from there. She will still be sailor moon and have more moon like powers that dont really involve fire.

Post subject: Re: Solar SailorS Returns! a Sailor Moon Sequel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:51 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
I think you should use japanese names and if you're going to use all japanese names for the outers, then you should make sure you do it for all of them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:16 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
solarsailors wrote:

However none the less I find your storyline to be very interesting and unique.

Thank you, but as i said Serena herself is not sailor sun, she does get solar charged, but thats just because the soldier of the suns upgrading her, the same way she does not become the sailor of elysion, she just gets her SuperS powers from there. She will still be sailor moon and have more moon like powers that dont really involve fire.[/quote]
Oh well that is cool, tell me though who is the senshi of the Sun in your fan season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:56 am 
inactive
The answer to that is kind of a two way answer, and explaining it will put a bit of a dent in the plot. The answer will be given early, in episode 2. Unlike some of the previous fan seasons we will not be holding back vital information for the majority of the series. Episode 1 will be a set up but episode 2 will begin answering questions that Fans have been speculating on for years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 pm 
inactive
I have updated the first post to include a few new links:

A masking tutorial! This will show you how we create a lot of our new scenes in solar sailors! You're welcome to use it to teach you how to make your own scenes, new transformations, etc. Those who want to help may also learn to help with the fan series, we currently have 5 maskers but the more the merrier!

I added a link to our facebook page. Starting Monday we will post a weekly update explaining how much of the current episode is left to do, what were working on, how we do it etc. etc. about 3 times a month we will be uploading a still from one of the scenes we are working on so that you guys can get little previews, as well as possibly some facebook exclusive content like teasers or maybe even a completed scene.

A Forum exclusive preview has been added to the list as well! It is a link to the current draft of our opening theme. Small adjustments will be made to the footage, and we will also be applying credits to the sequence. Any feedback is welcome, positive or negative, just don't be a troll.

We'll also be closing in on our release date pretty soon, as we are about to begin the second to last step in episode 1's progress, which is changing the length of each cut to match dialogue, so we will be picture locked by april 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:07 pm 
inactive
we have begun posting small previews to the facebook page.

Every monday: we will post a frame from the series, always masked or newly animated.

Every Friday: We will post an update describing what episode(s) we are working on, and what process we are on with them, as well as how close they are to completion.

Any major announcements (release dates, casting calls, contests) will be announced there as well. At the rate we are going right now we are expecting to have all six episodes finished and possibly even released this year.

Next week we will also be posting our ending credit sequence!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 am 
inactive
MAJOR UPDATES:

We have just released a series trailer, this one divulging a bit of our plot for the upcoming show which we are expecting to be released this fall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc70nbE9Sl4

also: have uploaded the ending credit sequence for viewing only on the facebook, which gets a new picture preview every monday as well as an update on what we are working on each friday:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sailor-M ... 8846181302

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:02 am 
inactive
Long time no see forumers! Im bumping with an update and a bit of repetitive information:

We are still seeking more maskers, animators, artist, colorist etc for the show, however we are still making steady and good progress. All voice actors will be turning in their lines for the first epsode on July 12th, and from there we will finish dubbing episode 1, and immediately begin dubbing episode 4 (which is inches from completion)

We are still posting weekly previews on the facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sailor-Mo ... 8846181302

lots and lots of pictures piling up detailing what is going to happen, and are looking at a winter release right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm 
inactive
again with the long absence but we have been working very hard! this 2013 before the summer release of the new anime, we will be releasing our new 6 episode sequel to the original! we have a new trailer for you all to enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyP00o-_3U

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:44 pm 
Your video editing is badly done. Its cheap-looking, and it's hilarious to me how you try to sound so professional.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:47 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Guest wrote:
Your video editing is badly done. Its cheap-looking, and it's hilarious to me how you try to sound so professional.

that's quite rude. why don't log in and say that. stop hiding behind the guest name to insult others

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:24 pm 
inactive
Don't mind the troll :D he/shes just mad that i blocked him on youtube. I can almost guarantee you I know who that user is. I just did a search of members here and found an account named quite close to the youtube account so hes just trolling.

What he fails to realize is that despite his opinion most of my income actually comes from professionally editing videos for others. I may not have the largest audience of all the sailor moon web series but I'm confident in my skills and he cannot take that away from me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:44 am 
Banned
Banned
See? Now I'm posting in your thread meaning that I'm addressing your project. Now you can scrutinize what I'm about to say about your project. I'd like to pull up a quote of yours that sort of proves a point that I was making earlier.

Quote:
Chaos has seen Serena break this rule and has seized the opportunity to revive every monster that has ever died.

If you recall, I've said this earlier.

MS-14A wrote:
I've seen enough pseudo sixth season projects that I generally know who they turn out. They write around what little they are able to do with the pre-made footage instead of trying to build a foundation for a proper plot and the story ends up being lack luster at best and completely nonsensical at worst.

And what you're working into your story is one of the things I was pointing out. This is a horrible medium to attempt and tell a story through. Before you've even began to put fingers to keyboard, you've worked yourself into a tiny box that you can't get out of. You can only do so much with the source footage to try and make it original without just drawing your own scenes out from scratch. You can't make any new settings or characters easily without making it look cheap either. So you're basically stuck with what the show spoon feeds you. That's no way to write.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I am in such suspense. Between the movies coming out and this I really want to watch it.

I really wish I knew who sailor earth was. Not many females to go by but still.
And if it is Usagis Esrth mom, I will be kinda scared...j/k L O L. Actually it'd be a twist si.ce she does raise Usagi and her brother.

Anyways, I am highly excited. Do you have anything else besides the trailers? :)

Wish I could have seen this sooner. Always wanted to play a character voice. Buuut no acting experience even thouvh I do write myself.

Best of luck! Really cannot wait.

Btw mixed names are good :)

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:08 am 
inactive
MS-14A wrote:

And what you're working into your story is one of the things I was pointing out. This is a horrible medium to attempt and tell a story through. Before you've even began to put fingers to keyboard, you've worked yourself into a tiny box that you can't get out of. You can only do so much with the source footage to try and make it original without just drawing your own scenes out from scratch. You can't make any new settings or characters easily without making it look cheap either. So you're basically stuck with what the show spoon feeds you. That's no way to write.

You're entitled to your opinion but seeing as this is a project I've done in my spare time for the last five years, just for fun, I don't really see what the big deal is. I wrote myself in to a box, not a tiny one. You complain that we'd have to reuse the same locations, but if you look at the show itself, they often used similar locations. How many early season battles simply took place in the city streets or in the park? As for the characters we have included 3 new characters, one animated that blends fairly well, and two others borrowed from a more obscure anime with a similar style. While you may take the "way to write" as the most important part of the project, I do not see it that way. writing myself in to a box is giving me a challenge, something I am not afraid of at all. We've edited in new costumes, characters, attacks, transformations, and all sorts of great new things over the last five years, it's all been fun and its all been good. Just because you don't agree with the format doesn't make it any less valid then any other fan-fiction out there. I'm afraid I cannot take the limitations on a just for fun project as seriously as you do (which is strange considering its not even your own project. You act as if its a waste of your own time and skill instead of mine).

Soulofthemoon wrote:
I am in such suspense. Between the movies coming out and this I really want to watch it.

I really wish I knew who sailor earth was. Not many females to go by but still.
And if it is Usagis Esrth mom, I will be kinda scared...j/k L O L. Actually it'd be a twist si.ce she does raise Usagi and her brother.
Btw mixed names are good :)

Thank you for your support, I'm glad you like what we released so far. Unfortunately no episodes are available. Most of the fan projects out there that have released only release one episode at a time, with a year or more of a gap often coming in between each episode. We are working to release all six episodes in rapid succession, one each week for six weeks. We will however have a small contest by November going, the winners of which will be able to watch the very first episode in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:15 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cannot wait! I REALLY wsnt to see it!

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870